Was Peter ever in Rome? What saith the Scriptures?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Selene said:
Apologize for what? As I said, all you guys ever do is bring up something that happened hundreds of years ago. For goodness sake, don't you know what year it is??

Where in the Bible does it say to judge righteously?? It says to correct your brother in love if your brother is wrong, but it did not say to judge your brother.
Above is what you said. Jesus says to judge righteously. Jesus did not just say not to judge.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
meshak said:
Above is what you said. Jesus says to judge righteously. Jesus did not just say not to judge.
And how is one judging right.....when all you do is judge and criticize the Catholic Church for something that was done hundreds of years ago? The Pope already apologized for the Crusade wars and the Spanish Inquisition, so what else do you want?? Do you want the Pope to apologize AGAIN?? Was the Pope wrong in apologizing? Is that the reason why you kept bringing up something that happened hundreds of years ago? How is one judging right for something that was already apologized for by the former Pope John Paul II?

Do you even know what it means to judge righteously?? It means to judge fairly. And how are you judging fairly?? Why do you put the Catholic Church on trial for??

And yes, Jesus DID say not to judge.

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Selene said:
And how is one judging right.....when all you do is judge and criticize the Catholic Church for something that was done hundreds of years ago? The Pope already apologized for the Crusade wars, so what else do you want?? Do you want the Pope to apologize AGAIN?? Was the Pope wrong in apologizing? Is that the reason why you kept bringing up something that happened hundreds of years ago? How is one judging right for something that was already apologized for by the former Pope John Paul II?

Do you even know what it means to judge righteously?? It means to judge fairly. And how are you judging fairly?? Why do you put the Catholic Church on trial for??
Judging is how people make decisions. They "judge" whether a product is a good buy or not. They judge who their children should play with. They judge who they want to associate with or fellowship with, based on fruit (or lack thereof), words and actions. They judge what fellowship they want to be associated with and that involves checking out their history. Some people make the judgement that they never want to be associated with an organization that has persecuted the church, killed the Lord's people and is presently involved in covering up sexual abuse of it's leaders.

This is what happens today, not centuries ago. HERE

In Central and South America, where Roman Catholicism is immensely strong, persecution of Protestants has been going on for decades, particularly in Mexico. In fanatically Roman Catholic Mexico, Protestants are being violently persecuted by Roman Catholics. In the Mexican state of Chiapas, these Roman Catholics are known as “traditionalists”, because they blend their Romanism with ancient pagan Mayan beliefs. But this is something Papists have always done, and continue to do, all over the world. Rome calls it “inculturation”, and it is actively encouraged.

In countries where the Catholic population is the majority. HERE

As far back as May 1986 the pope of Rome, John Paul II, issued a worldwide directive to all bishops and priests to work against what he called “sects” and “cults”. Rome is in the habit of referring to all evangelical Protestants (of whatever type, and not all are true Christians, of course) as “sects” and “cults”, lumping them all together with such cults as the Moonies and others. Among those referred to in this way were fundamentalist evangelical churches active in Latin America.

A Vatican official said the Romish authorities wanted to “take action” to “deal with them”. Now when simple peasant Papists in remote rural parts of Mexico and other Latin American countries hear such remarks, how do they interpret them? How do they understand “taking action” to “deal” with Protestants? The dead bodies of pastors and the burnt-down church buildings are mute testimony to how such remarks are interpreted by Papists in these places.

Read full article here: Still Blood on the Harlot's Lips <-- This is today! Not centuries ago.

“And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus” (Rev. 17:6)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
selene asked a question and it was answered - why is an apology needed?

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
"As I urged you upon my departure for Macedonia, remain on at Ephesus so that you may instruct certain men not to teach strange doctrines, nor to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which give rise to mere speculation rather than furthering the administration of God which is by faith. But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. For some men, straying from these things, have turned aside to fruitless discussion, wanting to be teachers of the Law, even though they do not understand either what they are saying or the matters about which they make confident assertions. But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted. " (1 Timothy 1:3-11).
All I have to say is regardless of whether Peter was in Rome or not this is not the center piece or main aspect of the Christian faith. Jesus Christ is the Chief Cornerstone and founder of the Faith. Whether you are Catholic or Protestant you need Jesus Christ if your house (faith) is not founded upon Him, His word and commands then you must check your salvation. We need to stop bickering and fighting over traditions of men and began to uplift Jesus so that He can draw men unto Himself and save them! Catholic and Protestants are apart of the CHURCH Peter did not found it nor the Protestant reformers Jesus did by His blood sacrifice! And the Holy Ghost birthed the church on Pentecost! If it was not for Jesus there would be no church or salvation! He desrves all honor and glory not Mary, Martin Luther, Peter, Paul, popes, pastors, reformers or anyman but CHRIST JESUS!

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Axehead said:
Judging is how people make decisions. They "judge" whether a product is a good buy or not. They judge who their children should play with. They judge who they want to associate with or fellowship with, based on fruit (or lack thereof), words and actions. They judge what fellowship they want to be associated with and that involves checking out their history. Some people make the judgement that they never want to be associated with an organization that has persecuted the church, killed the Lord's people and is presently involved in covering up sexual abuse of it's leaders.

This is what happens today, not centuries ago. HERE

In Central and South America, where Roman Catholicism is immensely strong, persecution of Protestants has been going on for decades, particularly in Mexico. In fanatically Roman Catholic Mexico, Protestants are being violently persecuted by Roman Catholics. In the Mexican state of Chiapas, these Roman Catholics are known as “traditionalists”, because they blend their Romanism with ancient pagan Mayan beliefs. But this is something Papists have always done, and continue to do, all over the world. Rome calls it “inculturation”, and it is actively encouraged.

In countries where the Catholic population is the majority. HERE

As far back as May 1986 the pope of Rome, John Paul II, issued a worldwide directive to all bishops and priests to work against what he called “sects” and “cults”. Rome is in the habit of referring to all evangelical Protestants (of whatever type, and not all are true Christians, of course) as “sects” and “cults”, lumping them all together with such cults as the Moonies and others. Among those referred to in this way were fundamentalist evangelical churches active in Latin America.

A Vatican official said the Romish authorities wanted to “take action” to “deal with them”. Now when simple peasant Papists in remote rural parts of Mexico and other Latin American countries hear such remarks, how do they interpret them? How do they understand “taking action” to “deal” with Protestants? The dead bodies of pastors and the burnt-down church buildings are mute testimony to how such remarks are interpreted by Papists in these places.

Read full article here: Still Blood on the Harlot's Lips <-- This is today! Not centuries ago.

“And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus” (Rev. 17:6)

Traditional Catholics are not Roman Catholics, Axehead. You need to read the articles you posted. According to the article you posted, it stated:

The Roman Catholic Bishop of San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas, Felipe Arizmendi, has denied ties with the "traditional Catholics".
Arizmendi declared that the "so-called traditional Catholics, who do not depend on our diocese, do not take into account the Bible nor the laws of this country, but are governed by their own agreements and traditions," according to Mexico City's La Jornada newspaper on February 8.

The Traditional Catholics are not part of our Church. They were excommunicated by Pope John Paul II when they disobeyed him and opposed Vatican II. This is what I mean.....you make false judgements against the Roman Catholic Church. I am a Roman Catholic. I am not a Traditional Catholic. Traditional Catholics do not follow the Pope, so don't blame us for persecuting the Protestants because we're not the ones doing it. The Vatican has nothing to do with the "Traditional Catholics."

As for your other weblink, that is another false accusation. Where did it say that the Vatican waged war?? Your other website says that the Catholic Church massacred the citizens of Rwanda?? The genocide at Rwanda was between two ethnic groups. How many times do I have to tell you to quit relying on anti-Catholic propaganda. Why don't you just read a simple newspaper.

The truth about the massacre on Rwanda was not even about religion or the Vatican. See weblink below:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/1288230.stm

As for the massacre in Serbia, that also has nothing to do with religion or the Vatican. See weblink below.

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/09/30/world/massacres-by-serbian-forces-in-3-kosovo-villages.html

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
aspen2 said:
selene asked a question and it was answered - why is an apology needed?
Her tone was accusatory and she should know better since she has been make accusation that no one should judge anyone.

You guys dont make sense and so illogical of your faith and claims. just unbelievable.

Selene said:
And how is one judging right.....when all you do is judge and criticize the Catholic Church for something that was done hundreds of years ago? The Pope already apologized for the Crusade wars and the Spanish Inquisition, so what else do you want?? Do you want the Pope to apologize AGAIN?? Was the Pope wrong in apologizing? Is that the reason why you kept bringing up something that happened hundreds of years ago? How is one judging right for something that was already apologized for by the former Pope John Paul II?

And yes, Jesus DID say not to judge.

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
You dont seem to have any righteous discernment in how you practice your faith.

so sad. Like leader, like follower.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Selene said:
If you feel that the Catholic Church is wrong, then why follow her?? Why stoop to her level and also judge?? That would be hypocracy to point your finger at someone for doing the same thing you're doing.
Look your the one that said (only God can Judge), I replied, (the catholic church has been judging for centuries).

If you don't see or understand the humor I see in that statement, well lets just say that when you have to explain a funny jab it is no longer funny.

Now it can mean two things, ether the catholic believes itself to be God, or your preforming a service as you said, that's is reserved for God.
Ether way they're both funny, and are typical of catholic apologetics

To everyone else thank you for bring the true definition of judging to light DF AH and CRFTD

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Rex said:
Look your the one that said (only God can Judge), I replied, (the catholic church has been judging for centuries).

If you don't see or understand the humor I see in that statement, well lets just say that when you have to explain a funny jab it is no longer funny.

Now it can mean two things, ether the catholic believes itself to be God, or your preforming a service as you said, that's is reserved for God.
Ether way they're both funny, and are typical of catholic apologetics

To everyone else thank you for bring the true definition of judging to light DF AH and CRFTD
And under this thread, you're the one who has been doing the judging. So, if you feel that judging is wrong, then perhaps, you should take your own advice and don't judge.

meshak said:
Her tone was accusatory and she should know better since she has been make accusation that no one should judge anyone.

You guys dont make sense and so illogical of your faith and claims. just unbelievable.

You dont seem to have any righteous discernment in how you practice your faith.

so sad. Like leader, like follower.
How is my tone accusatory when it was posed as a question? We back up our faith with scripture and with historical documents. All you do is bring up things that happened hundreds of years ago that has nothing to do with the OP.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Selene said:
And under this thread, you're the one who has been doing the judging. So, if you feel that judging is wrong, then perhaps, you should take your own advice and don't judge.
Will you please quit playing spin the table and act like a grow up girl
Your the one the was reprimanding meshak and now me for judging I don't think it wrong but apparently you do. And BTW I like to think of it as correction, I have never judged you as is proclaiming a sentence

Selene said:
You cast stones by judging the Catholic Church and spread a propaganda of hate that has already been proven fraudulent. God is the only one who can judge.
If you mean casting stones like David did, I have yet throw a single stone but others and myself have proclaimed your defiance of the armies of the living God.
This is a battle Selene you should know that by now.

34 But David said to Saul, “Your servant has been keeping his father’s sheep. When a lion or a bear came and carried off a sheep from the flock, 35 I went after it, struck it and rescued the sheep from its mouth. When it turned on me, I seized it by its hair, struck it and killed it. 36 Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear; this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, because he has defied the armies of the living God. 37 The Lord who rescued me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will rescue me from the hand of this Philistine.”

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
You see, Rex, below are all your judgements against the Catholic Church. You judged my Church to be egocentric and egotistical, and you even judge the Jesuits to be troublemakers. Do you see me making any bad judgements against you and your denomination?? How is this supposed to be a correction??

Rex said:
Egocentric now that's a funny thing for a catholic to say, the RCC is all about egocentric, you church based egotistical mind proclaims it everyday.
Personally I can't tell the difference between the Pharisees of the New Testament and the RCC that usurped their place of offense.
In the end do you really think you and the RCC will fare any better than the Pharisees and their church? Demanding that everyone come and pay homage to God in Rome just as they did in Jerusalem. John 4:21-23

BTW in the verse above Jesus wasn't speaking worshiping in Rome ether.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Rex said:
Judgement was cast by David as soon as the stone left his sling, I have not cast a stone
Oh, but you have cast a lot of stones, Brother Rex. When you make negative remarks about my Church like that those are not corrections. Those are all "put-downs." When someone puts-down another Church, all they're doing is casting stones.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
And who is it that strengthens your arm and fills your heart with joy? Can the words of my mouth cut you so deeply? your god does not place the words in your mouth to speak to what is his? He does not shelter your heart? he allows you be slain? where is your shield your redeemer? where is your god? What god is it that pleas with the enemy for peace? 1 Kings 18:27

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the issue i have been struggling with the most lately, after reading and participating in threads like this is how much of a role i am playing in leading all of you into stife and bitter dispute. Doctrinal disagreement is small potatoes compared to the malice and righteous indignation i read between the lines here. Lord have mercy on us all .

watching the explosive, violent language that errupt whenever someone who is not considered to be part of the correct, vocal circle on this board posts is starting to make me shudder - i am seriously worried about the condition of your souls and i not joking. the spirit here is not of God - it is violent, mocking, sarcastic and mean spirited.

i am thinking that i may be feuling your bitterness. Perhaps i need a break.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
aspen2 said:
the issue i have been struggling with the most lately, after reading and participating in threads like this is how much of a role i am playing in leading all of you into stife and bitter dispute. Doctrinal disagreement is small potatoes compared to the malice and righteous indignation i read between the lines here. Lord have mercy on us all .

watching the explosive, violent language that errupt whenever someone who is not considered to be part of the correct, vocal circle on this board posts is starting to make me shudder - i am seriously worried about the condition of your souls and i not joking. the spirit here is not of God - it is violent, mocking, sarcastic and mean spirited.

I'm with you.

Bashing of non-denominationalists would never be allowed to degenerate this far.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
aspen2 said:

Jud 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Jud 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
Jud 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
Jud 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Jud 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

People have allowed themselves to become separated....for whatever reason. There is only One Church and it does not have a human hierarchy since. We have ONE Head and all of you are brethren.

If possible even the elect could be deceived into denominating themselves apart from being simply in Christ. Man cannot organize the Spirit. So he organizes the Spirit out thus making a denomination (division) and calls it the body of Christ.

Mat_23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
aspen2 said:

Friend, you need break from all traditional corrupt faith.

blessings.

Selene said:
Oh, but you have cast a lot of stones, Brother Rex. When you make negative remarks about my Church like that those are not corrections. Those are all "put-downs." When someone puts-down another Church, all they're doing is casting stones.
You have been casting stones to the truth, dear. You need to be brain washed by Jesus, not by your corrupt organization.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
aspen2 said:

WWWWD
What Would Walter Winky Do