Was there a Pre-Adamite World?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. It kinda throws out the whole seven-days narrative, along with the teaching on the Sabbath, and the teaching that in Christ we rest from our own works, and the prophetic parallels to the six thousand years and the 1,000 year reign of Christ on earth during the millennium...
It makes a farce out of the totality of scripture, when you really get right down to thinking about it.

I mean no offense to anyone who believes in a pre-Adamic age, but I see it as a needless fabrication. Why believe in it? The only reason I can see was aptly put forth by the writer in his concluding paragraph:

Hugh Ross and his fellow progressive creationists, along with the other pre-Adamite proponents, are trying to rescue the Bible from a perceived conflict with ‘science’ by reinterpreting the Bible rather than by questioning the ‘science’. This is because they erroneously think that ‘science’ speaks with more authority than God’s Word about origins and the age of the Earth.

How does pre-adamic undermine the 10 Commandments?

They weren't human and I believe they were like the angels only physical, so they either followed God back then or they didn't. No issue of repentance, salvation or anything like that.

B

brakelite

If sin brought about death, and the fall came with Adam, then any creature living upon the earth prior to Adam must have been alive and a witness to creation and not subject to death because they had no sin. There is no suggestion anywhere in scripture of such a state as this. And while some see cave-men drawings etc as a climb out of ignorance, I see them as a devolution into ignorance due to sin. They needn't be 5000 years old. They could be childish scribblings from the time of , well, anyone.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If sin brought about death, and the fall came with Adam, then any creature living upon the earth prior to Adam must have been alive and a witness to creation and not subject to death because they had no sin. There is no suggestion anywhere in scripture of such a state as this. And while some see cave-men drawings etc as a climb out of ignorance, I see them as a devolution into ignorance due to sin. They needn't be 5000 years old. They could be childish scribblings from the time of , well, anyone.

Sin brought death into the world of man. Sin already existed in satan's rebellion however. And were the earth the place where that rebellion showed itself there would be no conflict with a pre-adamite world and that of Adam. Then that world itself became the focus of the judgement of God, placing the earth in the condition it is found in (Gen. 1:2).

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There is no stated timetable for "Adam was made from the dust of the earth," anyone's personal understanding of "six days" notwithstanding imo.

Either "the earth was void," or "the earth became void," so imo the arg maybe revolves around whether God makes things that are void or not?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God was *remaking* the earth, He would have said so in Exodus 20:11. But since He was creating the heavens and the earth and He said that He *made* everything in six days, your denial of God's truth is very revealing. In fact it undermines the Ten Commandments as well as the Genesis account!

And there was no *war in heaven* at that time. God simply cast out Satan and his angels from the third Heaven. The war will be in the future before the reign of the Antichrist (Revelation 12 & 13). And that will be in the atmospheric heaven (which is presently occupied by *the prince of the power of the air and his evil angels).

asah was used,not bara. asah is made, not create

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The prior post refute your arguments.

The dinosaurs could not have been wiped out in the flood.

Two of every kind, minimum, was taken on the ark and in all Genesis there is never a mention of anything like a dinosaur.

Nor can the war be future since the fallen angels are imprisoned in the pit until Judgment Day. Yet you have them running around free.
Apparently in Indonesia there are some really huge lizards...really huge ones.

I don't see a distinction between really huge lizards and the remains of apparent reptilian dinasaurs that have been found. (I'm not sure of the implications of this statement...)

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Created on this earth as a company of flesh beings as the angles are a company of spirits.

In the war in Heaven those that did not rebel were 'raptured' while those that rebelled had their flesh drstroyed and their spirits became demons.

Commentaries by CoreIssue

They were not human.

Cavemen were similar to those humans that became primitive tribes, pygmies etc after the land was divided in the days of Peleg from one land mass to many.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently in Indonesia there are some really huge lizards...really huge ones.

I don't see a distinction between really huge lizards and the remains of apparent reptilian dinasaurs that have been found. (I'm not sure of the implications of this statement...)

Dinosaurs at DuckDuckGo

Dinosaurs - Pictures and Facts

Incredible difference And they did not coexist with man or the lifeforms we see today.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If sin brought about death, and the fall came with Adam, then any creature living upon the earth prior to Adam must have been alive and a witness to creation and not subject to death because they had no sin.

Yes. It creates a complete narrative of its own, out of... nothing. Like this:
They weren't human and I believe they were like the angels only physical, so they either followed God back then or they didn't. No issue of repentance, salvation or anything like that.

CoreIssue, you are normally relatively conservative in your theology. So I'm surprised you would take a stand on this. It isn't based on anything other than pure theory so far as I can tell. It has no basis in Christian tradition, Jewish tradition, pagan tradition, anything...

Why do you hold to it when it has nothing to back it up?

Reactions: Enoch111

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. It creates a complete narrative of its own, out of... nothing. Like this:

CoreIssue, you are normally relatively conservative in your theology. So I'm surprised you would take a stand on this. It isn't based on anything other than pure theory so far as I can tell. It has no basis in Christian tradition, Jewish tradition, pagan tradition, anything...

Why do you hold to it when it has nothing to back it up?

Actually I gave a lot of factual basis from the Bible and that link.

Yes it is a theory, but it is also a theory nothing was created before man.

There's so much on the earth in history that the young Earth theories cannot explain.

Challenges to Atheistic History

So what on tradition?

Mark 7:3-9 New International Version (NIV)
3 (The Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they give their hands a ceremonial washing, holding to the tradition of the elders. 4 When they come from the marketplace they do not eat unless they wash. And they observe many other traditions, such as the washing of cups, pitchers and kettles.a]">[a])

5 So the Pharisees and teachers of the law asked Jesus, “Why don’t your disciples live according to the tradition of the elders instead of eating their food with defiled hands?”

6 He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
7 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’b]">[b]

8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.”

9 And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observec]">[c] your own traditions!

The point being tradition doesn't determine what truth is, the Bible does.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just one example will suffice, but there was a lot of Pre-Adamite baloney being published in the 19th and 20th centuries, a lot of it being racist.

In an unusual blend of contemporary evolutionary thinking and pre-Adamism, the Vanderbilt University theistic evolutionist and geologist Alexander Winchell argued in his 1878 tract, Adamites and Preadamites, for the pre-Adamic origins of the human race, on the basis that the Negroes were too racially inferior to have developed from the Biblical Adam. Winchell also believed that the laws of evolution operated according to the will of God.

Actually Wikipedia has a whole list of people who were promoting this nonsense. And R. A. Torrey and Gleason Archer are also cited as holding to the non-racist Gap Theory of Creation.

Pre-Adamite theories have also been held by a number of mainstream Christians such as the Congregational evangelist R. A. Torrey (1856–1928), who believed in the Gap Theory and that pre-Adamites had survived into the present day.

Gleason Archer was a believer in pre-Adamism. He wrote in his 1985 book, A Survey of Old Testament Introduction, "To revert to the problem of the Pithecanthropus, the Swanscombe man, the Neanderthal and all the rest (possibly even the Cro-magnon man, who is apparently to be classed as Homo sapiens, but whose remains seem to date back at least to 20,000 B.C.) it seems best to regard these races as all prior to Adam’s time, and not involved in the Adamic covenant. We must leave the question open, in view of the cultural remains, whether these pre-Adamic creatures had souls (or, to use the trichotomic terminology, spirits)."

Gleason went on to assert that only Adam and his descendants were infused with the breath of God and a spiritual nature corresponding to God himself, and he said that all mankind subsequent to Adam’s time must have been literally descended from him. However, he retains the concept of pre-Adamic races (such as the Cro-Magnon man), and says: "They may have been exterminated by God for unknown reasons prior to the creation of the original parent of the present human race".

Pre-Adamite - Wikipedia