Water, Spirit and Blood, These three agree in one?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

There is only one God but there are three witnesses that agree in one, water, Spirit and the blood.

How do the three agree?

Jesus told Nicodemus that he must be born again of the water and the Spirit, else he could not enter into the kingdom of God.

It is through the blood of Jesus that we are saved.

Let’s apply these three by scripture.

Peter preached his first sermon to the Jews that had gathered and then:
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Act 2:38 Repent

Act 26:20 But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.
2Co 7:10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

We see that we must repent, that is to truely turn away from sin by having godly sorrow for the life we had been living.

WATER

Act 2:38 Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins

Repentance, will take us to the baptism that John first preached, which is for remission of our sins past.

Mar 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
Mar 2:17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
1Ti 5:24 Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after.
Baptism washes away the sins that are were done in the past, the judgment is the forgiveness of those sins. If we don’t take the steps precribed by God, they will follow after us because they have to be accounted for.

SPIRIT

Act 2:38 Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Rom 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
Rom 6:19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
Rom 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
Rom 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ ourLord.

BLOOD

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Recap:

Water - Baptism for remission of our sins

Blood - Redemption from our sins

Spirit - Eternal sinless life if we continue our walk with Jesus

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
1 John 5:7-8
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word(The Christ), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
KJV

Our spirit in earth is united with The Father who is Spirit, The water baptism for forgiveness of sins and to proclaim openly our desire to be cleansed from our sinful nature is the WORD/CHRIST that we confess to follow to be washed in the living water of the Word, and the Holy Ghost is our new bloodline as we are born again from above to heavenly Jerusalem our mother by the Seed of God which the Bible says is Christ (God's Word) that saves us, no longer born of fallen nature of contaminated blood of an unclean spirit, but born of God by the Seed which is The Word which is The Christ of God..

The blood of a man is where our spirit resides for God says the life of a man is in the blood. The life he is talking about is spiritual life. For even the spiritually dead of unclean spirits walking among us have blood in them yet God calls them DEAD. For without God's Spirit they have NO LIFE in them.
The Bread is the Word of life or Christ and the Wine of our communion represents the Spirit of life, our adoption of our bloodline in Christ.

As you agreed with scripture that a child of God must have all 3.. you must accept the Word of God and the Holy Ghost to have the Father. How can we claim to love the Father whom we have not seen if we don't love HIS WORD/SON and how can one claim they love the Son/Word without the Spirit of God indwelling them? for the enemy's unclean spirit can not accept the Word as Lord of their life!

Lev 17:14
14 For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.
KJV
John 6:53-58
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
KJV
1 Peter 1:23
23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
KJV
1 John 3:9
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
KJV
Luke 8:11
11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
KJV

Jacob_Rising

Oct 2, 2013
The water is the flesh, all flesh.
The blood is the soul.
The spirit is the spirit we were given to rule our body, but the spirit of Adam fell, and so we needed a new spirit to guide us.

Whatever we do, we do so in the flesh, in the blood, and in the spirit, because all 3 have to agree to do a thing.

So whatever we do, we have done agreeing with all 3.

Just my opinions.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
God has been working with me on that scripture for sometime! Here is simply what He has given me 1. Saved by the blood of Jesus 2. Sanctified by the washing of the Word of Jesus 3. Filled with the Spirit of Jesus!