we are all God children !!!!!!!!!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam was created in the "image" and "likeness" of God. Do you know what "likeness" means? That is the key to this whole creation process.

Adam, while he was in the garden was not just a spirit. He had an immortal body of flesh and bone. It is because Adam was not just a spirit in the garden, that I conclude that God is not just a spirit, for Adam was created in his image and in his "likeness". IOW Adam was "like" God in his immortal form. He lost his immortality temporarily when he fell. But would receive it again in the resurrection. God, on the otherhand has maintained his form (immortal body of flesh and bone) since he created Adam.

I am not sure why his covering is important to what we are talking about. Can you explain?
Your saying the same thing. :)

Picture Eden.. everything bathed in bright white light.
Adam/Eve/Animals/ EVERYTHING
bathed in this bright white light.
God himself is this bright white light.

When Adam sinned, God removed himself from the presence of the world we exist in.
Like a different dimension, creation was in a lower darker place.
I don't think we moved down, I think God moved up.
I suppose it could be either way.

In the times of redemption to come..
God will come down or we will be braught up, so that everything will once again share and be bathed in the Bright white light.

The being clothed upon process..

I think you both are saying the same thing.
Maybe I'm not, but I think you two are
:)
HUGS

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam was created in the "image" and "likeness" of God. Do you know what "likeness" means? That is the key to this whole creation process.
When they disobeyed God they lost that made them more than anything like God. They lost Life itself and God is Not dead. They were dead as were all of their offspring until Jesus brought again a Way to Life.
Adam, while he was in the garden was not just a spirit. He had an immortal body of flesh and bone. It is because Adam was not just a spirit in the garden, that I conclude that God is not just a spirit, for Adam was created in his image and in his "likeness". IOW Adam was "like" God in his immortal form. He lost his immortality temporarily when he fell. But would receive it again in the resurrection. God, on the otherhand has maintained his form (immortal body of flesh and bone) since he created Adam.

I am not sure why his covering is important to what we are talking about. Can you explain?
Adam and Eve did not notice or concern themselves about their covering or the lack thereof until they ate from the forbidden tree disobeying God... They were then uncovered. They were also dead. Then they tried to hide because they realized they were naked... they had no covering. That lack of covering went from being unnoticed and unimportant to being very important. Their own effort to cover themselves was wasted.

This is how it is in too many 'churches' today, engaged in dead works according to the ways of the flesh instead of following and being led by the Spirit. "Quench not the Spirit"!

God gave them temporary relief with a covering better than fig leaves, a covering of skin but how soon had they also corrupted that covering. Their knowledge of good and evil; our knowledge of good and evil... allowed them/us to see and worry about that which was not really important at all. It is important because it leads us astray. God's initial way was better. God made a way for whosoever will to go back to that starting point. Not too many traveling that way because "if it feels good, do it" and who wants to cast away or sacrifice that which "feels good"?

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world" I John 2:16

Who loves the world and insists on looking at it and partaking of its "feel good" elements? After being with Jesus, Peter did, as he was walking on water toward Jesus, but took his eyes off of Jesus to look at what...? Not the Living Water, but the filthy water of the world of men and their ways!

Reactions: Azim and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the eternal fire.
And that's where they will be judged, and tried, and made pure.

Jde 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

That would be God's wrath.

Heb 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Isa 40:28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

Everlasting fire = God.

Jesus had something to say to his disciples about wishing ill on people.

Luk 9:51 And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,
Luk 9:52 And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.
Luk 9:53 And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
Luk 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
Luk 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
Luk 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

All these hellfire and damnation preachers, so ready to toss people into the flames and watch them burn with glee.
Sad.. SO SAD.

Just pray your own butt don't get tossed in as well.

Where is pity? Where is mercy?
I believe it is Jude who says these "devils" are truly lost.

Jde 1:11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
Jde 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
Jde 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

What will become of them?

Jde 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jde 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

God will judge them. Not you, not me. But God.

clouds without water, trees whose fruit wither, wandering stars...

Have you no pity? Have you no mercy?

Satan, the Prideful Self Righteous wanna be, convinced/deceived the a third of the angels to follow him.
Did they even consider their end? Did they know what following him would lead to?
Did Adam and Eve truly understand what death was when Satan deceived them by telling them they would not truly die?

Do you not believe that God has mercy and compassion for his own angels that he created?
Or is God's mercy and grace only for the human kind?
With what measure ye mete....

Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Don't be too quick to be a judge.

Hugs

Reactions: amadeus

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is the eternal fire.
And that's where they will be judged, and tried, and made pure.

Jde 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

That would be God's wrath.

Heb 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Isa 40:28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

Everlasting fire = God.

Jesus had something to say to his disciples about wishing ill on people.

Luk 9:51 And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,
Luk 9:52 And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.
Luk 9:53 And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
Luk 9:54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
Luk 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
Luk 9:56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

All these hellfire and damnation preachers, so ready to toss people into the flames and watch them burn with glee.
Sad.. SO SAD.

Just pray your own butt don't get tossed in as well.

Where is pity? Where is mercy?
I believe it is Jude who says these "devils" are truly lost.

Jde 1:11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
Jde 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
Jde 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

What will become of them?

Jde 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jde 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

God will judge them. Not you, not me. But God.

clouds without water, trees whose fruit wither, wandering stars...

Have you no pity? Have you no mercy?

Satan, the Prideful Self Righteous wanna be, convinced/deceived the a third of the angels to follow him.
Did they even consider their end? Did they know what following him would lead to?
Did Adam and Eve truly understand what death was when Satan deceived them by telling them they would not truly die?

Do you not believe that God has mercy and compassion for his own angels that he created?
Or is God's mercy and grace only for the human kind?
With what measure ye mete....

Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Don't be too quick to be a judge.

Hugs
Why didn't you mention "the everlasting fire" that Jesus warned us about more than once?

Matthew 25:41 (NKJV)
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why didn't you mention "the everlasting fire" that Jesus warned us about more than once?

41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

I did.
Go back and read my post again.

Hugs

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did.
Go back and read my post again.

Hugs
So you are denying the LITERAL "everlasting fire" where the majority of humans will be "tormented day and night forever and ever"?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No,
God is Real.
And when they come face to face with him, no doubt it will be a torment for them.
Until they repent.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No,
God is Real.
And when they come face to face with him, no doubt it will be a torment for them.
Until they repent.
You are clearly denying Scripture of eternal punishment in fire!