We are judged by works, not by faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Also, there is one verse that has concerned me all along my walk and it is: "

2 Peter 1:9

But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins." this could mean that we are only forgiven for past sins, don't know, but it is concerning and worth a look into. JMHO
It of course confirms we are only forgiven of confessed sins that are past, as Paul states it.

But it is also speaking of them once forgiven and washed from all our old sins.

"Forgetting' that fact, must show what God sees in the heart, if any of His sons do return to our old sins and vomit.

What exactly does He see that we've forgotten? The fact that we were once forgiven and cleansed from our old life of sin. It must therefore be necessary to first forget the mercy of God upon our souls to forgive all our past. That is taking God's mercy for granted.

Such forsaking of the mercy of God must therefore include forsaking the fear of the Lord, which we had in our hearts when first repenting of sinning for Jesus' sake. That is a fast pathway back to our old ways. It's a pride of heart that forgets we too are only saved by mercy and grace through repentance of dead works.

It's the pride of heart of Lucifer to forget he too was a created angel by God. And so, we too can forget 'where we've come from', and that we are new creatures created by Christ. We begin to trust in our own heart and faith and creation, to save and justify us with God, while returning to the beggarly elements of the world.

It's like a prince guaranteed inheritance, that goes out and riots with the 'commoners', while trusting he is exempt from the results of such rioting, that the 'common people' are prone to.

It's like the judge's kid that hangs with the outlaws from time to time, expecting to be exempted from the justice of the law. That can of course happen among unjust judges that have respect of persons and play favorites. But that is never the case with the righteous King and Judge of all the earth:

And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you forgot that part of the passage here:

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

This passage is the bema seat judgment all believers stand before to have our works judged for rewards or loss. Not for salvation. This is different from trhe great white throne judgment.

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, if we finish The Rest of our Judgment, we find:

1 Cor 3:

14 "...If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself Shall Be Saved;
yet so as by fire."

Thus Confirming "The Eternally Saved" can "use Wrong building materials," and No verses for:

Amen.
If I read your response before replying to knot head, I could have saved my answer for you so succinctly did so.

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador