We are judged by works, not by faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one serves a false god, they cannot produce any good works in god's eyes. romans 8, 1 Cor. 2.
That is true, but they still have love and share and help others. Even Hitler loved his family and friends. Most on earth today as in Noahs day, loved their families and friends. Jesus said that same love must go to ones enemies as well. Not so easy to do.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This idea that one is already saved is nothing more than wishful thinking,
Precious friend, God's Word Of Truth is not "wishful thinking," But Eternal Truth, His Salvation:

1) God Clearly Stated, Under Grace, Salvation (Relationship with Him, that He Established! *), is
Past Tense:

a) "For By Grace Are ye SAVED Through faith..." (Ephesians 2:5, 8)​
b) “...According To HIS Own Purpose And GRACE, Which
Was Given us In CHRIST JESUS BEFORE the world began...”​
(2 Timothy 1:9 KJB)​
c) “...According To HIS MERCY HE SAVED us...” (Titus 3:5 KJB)​
d) “And such [UNrighteous v. 9] were some of you: but ye are​
WASHED, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified In The​
Name Of The Lord Jesus, and By The Spirit Of our God.”​

Thus, Because of God's ALL-Sufficient BLOOD! Christ Being "Made sin" and
Judged, To Satisfy "God's Righteous Demand" for Justice, we, In Christ, will
Never Be "judged for our faith," being a past-tense-DONE-deal by ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

All THREE Tenses of God's Eternal Salvation Are Here: God's Simple Will!

2) However, we Will Be Judged for "good and bad works" (1 Corinthians 3:8-15)

* All 19-Parts are Here: God's OPERATION On All HIS New-born babes In CHRIST

Amen.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being saved can be seen from the point of view of applying for that salvation, not because that salvation was already obtained, since one has been saved from something that has already happened, not from something that is going to happen and is still in the future:

Rom. 8:24 For we were saved in this hope; but hope that is seen is not hope, for when a man sees a thing, does he hope for it? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we keep eagerly waiting for it with endurance.

Another way to look at it is that we have the opportunity to repent of the things we have done. Without that forgiveness it would be impossible to really being saved, because there would be no right if we were told all the sins of the past. Obviously, that right would be lost if sins were added indefinitely without respecting the opportunity given to us:

Heb. 10:29 How much greater punishment do you think a person will deserve who has trampled on the Son of God and who has regarded as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt?

The opportunity to save ourselves can be lost.

Heb. 6:4 For as regards those who were once enlightened and who have tasted the heavenly free gift and who have become partakers of holy spirit 5 and who have tasted the fine word of God and powers of the coming system of things, 6 but have fallen away, it is impossible to revive them again to repentance, because they nail the Son of God to the stake again for themselves and expose him to public shame. 7 For the ground receives a blessing from God when it drinks in the rain that frequently falls on it and then produces vegetation useful to those for whom it is cultivated. 8 But if it produces thorns and thistles, it is rejected and is near to being cursed, and in the end it will be burned.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, God's Word Of Truth is not "wishful thinking," But Eternal Truth, His Salvation:

1) God Clearly Stated, Under Grace, Salvation (Relationship with Him, that He Established! *), is
Past Tense:

a) "For By Grace Are ye SAVED Through faith..." (Ephesians 2:5, 8)​
b) “...According To HIS Own Purpose And GRACE, Which
Was Given us In CHRIST JESUS BEFORE the world began...”​
(2 Timothy 1:9 KJB)​
c) “...According To HIS MERCY HE SAVED us...” (Titus 3:5 KJB)​
d) “And such [UNrighteous v. 9] were some of you: but ye are​
WASHED, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified In The​
Name Of The Lord Jesus, and By The Spirit Of our God.”​

Thus, Because of God's ALL-Sufficient BLOOD! Christ Being "Made sin" and
Judged, To Satisfy "God's Righteous Demand" for Justice, we, In Christ, will
Never Be "judged for our faith," being a past-tense-DONE-deal by ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

All THREE Tenses of God's Eternal Salvation Are Here: God's Simple Will!

2) However, we Will Be Judged for "good and bad works" (1 Corinthians 3:8-15)

* All 19-Parts are Here: God's OPERATION On All HIS New-born babes In CHRIST

Amen.
Jesus says-Matt 10:22--Those who endure until their end( either death or Armageddon) will be saved. See the words--Will be saved. There is no done deal, that is darkness. Jesus is clear at Matt 7:22-23-- Those who work iniquity= practice a sin, will hear those words-GET AWAY FROM ME, you who work iniquity, i must confess i never even knew you) at judgement, no matter what they think they did for him, no matter if they believe in him or think they love him.
teachers of darkness( 2 Cor 11:12-15) tell others-you are saved--they do not know-RUN FROM THEM

• Sad
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Yes judged by works, but by ones faith as well.
I see your point, but specifically the Bible never says beliefs are judged. Only our works are judged as good or evil by God. The doctrine of the Bible then says the only way to please God is by faith. That means if we want our works to be judged good and justified by God, then we must believe Him and His words from the heart and do them.

That's how many righteous works by the law are judged by God as unrighteous, because they are not mixed with faith, but only are done in order not to be condemned and punished by the law.

It's not good enough just to keep the law as a shield against punishment. That's akin to the Satanic code of only 'doing no harm'. God commands that we do His will by faith and love of His law from the heart. Justified works are about loving God, not just avoiding His wrath.

This also includes the natural works of man, that have no regard for God's law. They are also judged as filthy rags in sight of God. The prophet Isaiah was not saying all his works were filthy rags. He was saying if our works are based upon our own moral code, and not upon God's word, then they are not pleasing God.

God is not looking for man to try and do good by his own will. God is commanding all men to do His good, that we may dwell and fellowship with Him forever. His word of law by Christ tells us the difference between good and evil, that we can be sure to do His good, and not just our own.

All those serving false gods will get a negative judgement, even if they have good works.
True. Being a neighborly sinner is not good enough to inherit the kingdom of God.

And also many times people do what they believe is good by his own will, but are not doing the word of God, so that such works are judged as no good in His sight.

Modern street activists think they are doing good to change society, and only make it more corrupt according in defiance of God's word.

Those opposing the death penalty think they are being morally good by not killing a human being, and yet God says a sentence not executed speedily makes the wicked to rule society.

Here at Matt 7:22-23--Jesus teaches about those called christian who did many powerful works--Get away from me, you who work iniquity( lawlessness)= practiced a sin) i must confess i never even knew you.
True. And many miraculous works can be lying wonders. (2 Thess 2)

We see here how agreeing with the Bible that we are judged and justified by works, and not by faith only, results in a practical sound mind of judgement on earth.

People who trust in their own faith alone to justify themselves, do so without the necessity of doing God's word. The result often is that in practical matters of society, they also show that they trust in their own moral code, rather than the righteous word of God.

All their good works are judged as filthy rags to God, because they are not trusting in doing His word to be justified of Him.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see your point, but specifically the Bible never says beliefs are judged. Only our works are judged as good or evil by God. The doctrine of the Bible then says the only way to please God is by faith. That means if we want our works to be judged good and justified by God, then we must believe Him and His words from the heart and do them.

That's how many righteous works by the law are judged by God as unrighteous, because they are not mixed with faith, but only are done in order not to be condemned and punished by the law.

It's not good enough just to keep the law as a shield against punishment. That's akin to the Satanic code of only 'doing no harm'. God commands that we do His will by faith and love of His law from the heart. Justified works are about loving God, not just avoiding His wrath.

This also includes the natural works of man, that have no regard for God's law. They are also judged as filthy rags in sight of God. The prophet Isaiah was not saying all his works were filthy rags. He was saying if our works are based upon our own moral code, and not upon God's word, then they are not pleasing God.

God is not looking for man to try and do good by his own will. God is commanding all men to do His good, that we may dwell and fellowship with Him forever. His word of law by Christ tells us the difference between good and evil, that we can be sure to do His good, and not just our own.

True. Being a neighborly sinner is not good enough to inherit the kingdom of God.

And also many times people do what they believe is good by his own will, but are not doing the word of God, so that such works are judged as no good in His sight.

Modern street activists think they are doing good to change society, and only make it more corrupt according in defiance of God's word.

Those opposing the death penalty think they are being morally good by not killing a human being, and yet God says a sentence not executed speedily makes the wicked to rule society.

True. And many miraculous works can be lying wonders. (2 Thess 2)

We see here how agreeing with the Bible that we are judged and justified by works, and not by faith only, results in a practical sound mind of judgement on earth.

People who trust in their own faith alone to justify themselves, do so without the necessity of doing God's word. The result often is that in practical matters of society, they also show that they trust in their own moral code, rather than the righteous word of God.

All their good works are judged as filthy rags to God, because they are not trusting in doing His word to be justified of Him.
And the greatest good out of Love for God, his son and fellow man=Luke 10--Acts 20:20-- The most important work ever done on earth by mortal man.

Reactions: Ghada

Rapture Bound

Jun 26, 2023
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible teaches us that our works judge us, not our faith. We aren't judged by what we believe, but by what we do.

Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavours: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

In the Bible good works have always been necessary to be judged righteous with God. That includes all NT believers, because God is not a respecter of persons when righteously judging any man's work.

The Bible never says we are judged by our faith alone, and not by our works. We are justified by works, because our deeds judge our faith, whether it is of God or not.

Good works is not just a show of faith, but are the necessary means of being just and righteous with God. Christ comes to make our works truly good, because they are not from a pure heart of faith. He does not come to bypass works and judge us by our faith alone.

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

We see here how we are not only justified by our works, but we are also resurrected unto life by our works being judged as good with God.

Faith without works is so useless, because without the good works we do by faith, we do not receive the reward of inheriting the kingdom of God forever.

Faith is not the end goal. Good works are the goal of faith, because the reward of inheritance is by good works, not by faith alone.

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

The Bible says being charitable in life is greater than faith. Faith and hope are important, and faith is the gift of God, so that we can please Him by doing good. Doing good and not evil is how we are judged by God to be worthy to walk with Him in white forever.

Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Yes ... We are judged by works, not by faith ... AND ...

We are saved by grace through faith, not by works.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Jesus that is false.

Matt. 7:21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’

Good works are not automatic but require a lot of effort and endurance. Although many people believe that they are already "saved", no one really is, because salvation will come after surviving the judgment that God will bring upon everyone...not before. Jesus said:

Matt. 24:13 But the one who has endured to the end will be saved.

Not even Paul believed he was already saved:

1 Cor. 9:27 but I pummel my body and lead it as a slave, so that after I have preached to others, I myself should not become disapproved somehow.

This idea that one is already saved is nothing more than wishful thinking, and it is a trap that causes people to stop improving and change the things that they have to change to actually receive salvation in the end.

Phil. 3:10 My aim is to know him and the power of his resurrection and to share in his sufferings, submitting myself to a death like his, 11 to see if at all possible I may attain to the (...) resurrection from the dead.
To a person who is trying in the flesh to improve- yes the assurance of salvation will cause them to become lax.

1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

For you rMatt. 7 example? Jesus said those works were done in sin. An unsaved person can do nothing righteous in gods eyes.

Rom. 3, 1 cor. 2 rom. 8

We already have eternal life
no one (including ouself) can pluck us out of Jesus hands
we have already been translated in to the kingdom of Jesus
we are already seated in heavenly places,
we are already justified
we are already glorified

It is all do to Jesus, not to us.

Godd works that are acceptable to God are the result of us being saved and doing works in obedience to His plan for our lives.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're the one demanding the quotes. Having no answer to them is not my fault.

Never been to Rome.

The teaching that the blood of Jesus only covers sin, like that of a bull or goat, is an attack of another gospel against Jesus' blood washing our sins away with purely cleansed consciences.

In the OT, they still had knowledge of sin, that were only covered by blood of bulls. In the NT gospel of the Bible, we are washed clean by the blood of the Lamb, so that we have no knowledge of any past sinning

In the Bible, at the time of doing righteous, it is because we have a perfect heart with Christ. At the time of doing unrighteousness, we are children of the devil.

What the Bible teaches against is being double hearted in the faith, to be doing good some of the time, and also doing evil at other times. That must be repented of for singleness of heart to be doing God's righteousness at all times.

This is not possible for many teachers of the doctrine of faith alone without works. Most also teach continued double minded sinning for life. Most also teach it is not possible to walk as Jesus walked at all times daily.

Christians are of course given liberty by God for a season to believe, teach, and practice such unbelief in all the words of the Bible. I just continue to show those words of the Bible that disagree with it, whenever anyone tries to convince me of it.

So long as you trust in your own faith alone without works to save and justify yourself, we will always say the same about one another.

We've been doing it already for quite a while. Your argument about James 2 teaching justification by works with men, and not with God, is false. You've had no response to it.

You will continue to read all verses through your prism of faith without works, and I will continue reading all verses through James' teaching of being justified with God by works, even as Abraham and Rahab were.
All this response and yet you did not answer the two questions I asked of you.

So I will ask again and simply ask for a yes or no answer.

Can a person who is born again and given eternal life as the bible says by trusting in the death and physical resurrection of Jesus alone for their salvation, lose their salvation? Please just yes or no.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is true, but they still have love and share and help others. Even Hitler loved his family and friends. Most on earth today as in Noahs day, loved their families and friends. Jesus said that same love must go to ones enemies as well. Not so easy to do.
Yes people can do kind things and love their families etc.etc. but as Scripture says, before gods eyes these are filthy rage and that those in their human nature cannot please God. so it is not an issue of good or bad from a human sense but whether it is approved by God or not.

Rapture Bound

Jun 26, 2023
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible teaches us that our works judge us, not our faith. We aren't judged by what we believe, but by what we do.

Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavours: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

In the Bible good works have always been necessary to be judged righteous with God. That includes all NT believers, because God is not a respecter of persons when righteously judging any man's work.

The Bible never says we are judged by our faith alone, and not by our works. We are justified by works, because our deeds judge our faith, whether it is of God or not.

Good works is not just a show of faith, but are the necessary means of being just and righteous with God. Christ comes to make our works truly good, because they are not from a pure heart of faith. He does not come to bypass works and judge us by our faith alone.

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

We see here how we are not only justified by our works, but we are also resurrected unto life by our works being judged as good with God.

Faith without works is so useless, because without the good works we do by faith, we do not receive the reward of inheriting the kingdom of God forever.

Faith is not the end goal. Good works are the goal of faith, because the reward of inheritance is by good works, not by faith alone.

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

The Bible says being charitable in life is greater than faith. Faith and hope are important, and faith is the gift of God, so that we can please Him by doing good. Doing good and not evil is how we are judged by God to be worthy to walk with Him in white forever.

Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

'Behold' on this site made a very important comment pertaining to the topic of works when he said :

= Not to stay saved, and not to be saved.
That is what separates the Legalist from Paul's Doctrine and the Cross of Christ.
Works are very important, but they are not to be done to try to stay saved or to be redeemed.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Repentance implies not continuing to do works that God dislikes and for which he will destroy many people... because he wants those who love the right things and the truth to live forever without the wicked continuing to ruin peaceful and just conditions that meek people need to live peacefully.

Excellent. Repenting of dead works is not just for our own sakes, but for our neighbors' sakes! Good job.

We repent to love God with all the heart for our own soul's sake. We love God with all the heart so we can also love our neighbors for their sakes.

That is what the promised rule of Christ on earth is all about. The end of this age of unjust rule by man, and a thousand years of just rule by the Lord Himself on earth. He will inherit all nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron, where the innocent are free to do good and proved for their homes, and the guilty are immediately condemned and executed without endless appeals.

Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

The nations themselves will rejoice in it, because the sheep of nations will not be unjustly done wrong, and the goats will be gotten rid of.

Nature itself will be more favorable toward natural life, with less natural sickness and death.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The simple reality is this. If we trust in Jesus, God justifies us, and gives us new birth. If we are reborn, with true faith, we will be different, and we will live differently. If we are not reborn, we do not have true faith, and we do not live differently. If we are not reborn, we have not been changed. And no amount of good works will produce spiritual life in you if you are not born again. No amount of good works will "increase" your justification given to you in Christ.

Godly works will show your internal change to those around you. God sees your heart. Supposing that your works can add to Jesus' finished work is vile in my view. Our "righteousnesses", of our selves, are as bloody rags to God. Jesus' righteousness given to us is what God counts.

Much love!
Just repeating your gospel. Nothing new here.

The justification in James 2 is that of God by works, even as with Abraham and Rahab. All children of Abraham by faith, must also be likewise justified by works with God, to be called Friends of God.

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
:

= Not to stay saved, and not to be saved.
To be justified with God. (James 2)

If someone wants to preach a salvation gospel by faith alone, before being justified by works, I'm willing to listen.

That is what separates the Legalist from Paul's Doctrine and the Cross of Christ.
The separation of the legalist and the saint, is having faith in Jesus with our works, vs having works of the law without the faith of Jesus.

Works are very important,
That's because God judges every man by them. Faith is important so that our works are judged as righteous and justified by Him.

See the original post, if you want to respond to it.

but they are not to be done to try to stay saved or to be redeemed.
No one is saved by trying to be saved. That is a nonbiblical reasoning of carnal minds. No one tries to do good, but either does good or not.

We are justified by works. Not trying to be justified.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes people can do kind things and love their families etc.etc. but as Scripture says, before gods eyes these are filthy rage and that those in their human nature cannot please God. so it is not an issue of good or bad from a human sense but whether it is approved by God or not.
I agree Ronald. The righteous please God, its those he deems wicked that cannot please him. And Gods view of wicked differs greatly from mans view.

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes ... We are judged by works, not by faith ... AND ...

We are saved by grace through faith, not by works.
The only ones getting Grace are the righteous. These have entered the narrow gate, and have repented and turned around. And serve the true living God. Jesus said-FEW will find the road that leads off into life.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Just accept the plain sayings of the Scriptures. If you present your intellectual objections, and then go with that, you've overturned God's Word. That will never end well!

Look! The Lamb of God, Who carries away the sins of the world!

And, if you actually ARE a Christian, those who are, are not condemned. Jesus took care of that.

Much love!
As I said. The Bible Lamb of God takes away the sins of the world from our lives. Your lamb takes away the righteous judgement of God for the world, while committing sinful works in our lives. It is of course tempting to try and believe that, but living it just leads to more ungodliness.

But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

I'm not trying stop anyone from teaching and preaching their own faith and gospel. I just show how it differs from that of Jesus Christ in the Bible, if it does.

If you want to preach you are not condemned while doing unrighteous works of the flesh, because of your own faith alone, then by all means do so. It's just not the faith of Jesus nor the judgment of God in the Bible.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
That was about a wicked nation that had rejected God. The work they needed was to repent.believe. Otherwise we are accountable for our sins.
Nations can be judged so that they are turned to hell, for anyone living therein. People are not judged in groups, but individually. The judgement by works is individuals of each nations.

It shows God has always judged out works, since He first judged Adam by his work of unrighteousness.
And evil is to reject the gift of Jesus. That is not about some less than perfect folks that already came to the light!
The less than perfect gospel is not the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The evil doers reject coming to the light.

The better than evil sinners are still not in the light fellowshipping with Jesus, where there is no darkness at all. (1 John 1)

Jesus rewards us according to woks, not saves us according to them.

True. Current salvation is not a reward for past works. Inheriting His kingdom by resurrection of the dead, is His reward for our past works serving God at the end.
It is great to be judged by Jesus, better than gold. We are a work in progress.
Progressive salvation while still doing dead works, is the imperfect gospel of man.

Growing in the grace of not sinning, while walking as He walked, is the pure salvation and justification of Jesus Christ.

Not a necessary means to salvation though.
No, it is a necessary means to justification. If being justified by works is not by means of works, then being saved by grace is not by means of grace.

Now, if you want to preach being saved by faith alone, before being justified by works, then I'd be glad to hear it.

Rewards depend on works, not salvation.
True. See above how the Bible teaches current salvation is not by reward, but inheriting eternal salvation by resurrection of the dead, is by reward of obeying Jesus in the end.

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Even if someone's works get totally burned up they are still saved.
For erroneous ministry yes, not for unrighteous works of the flesh. The unrighteous doing such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (Gal 5) God judges every man's works and is not a respecter of persons by personal beliefs.

1 Cor 3 is in context of ministry. If we err in our teaching, then that will be burned as hay or stable, but we are still saved and justified by loving God and our neighbors in righteousness and true holiness.

He disciplines us in love like a parent.
True. And like some parents in this life, He separates Himself from the rebellious, and does not have fellowship with them, until they repent.

The scourging of Jesus with the saints, is to separate His Spirit from their hearts. The common scourging of all men for sinning, is morning after blues.

No. Verse?

And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

No man is worthy of being forgiven and saved by Jesus due to past works, but the resurrection unto life is only for those worthy of walking with Jesus in white forever, because they walked as He walked in this life.

Salvation is not by reward for past works before Christ. The inheritance of His kingdom is by reward for past works with Christ unto death.

Useless is right. How would someone that is saved be useful if they hide their light under a bushel?
Faith without works is useless to be saved by. (James 2)

Those hiding their faith have useless faith to be saved by. It's dead, being alone.
Nevertheless His word and promise is true. His gift is without repentance.
His faith is the free gift to our hearts by hearing only.

His faith is useless to save us, if we leave it alone and don't do His word.
Verse? What end goal?
The gospel of being once for all saved and justified by faith alone, makes believing there is one God, the end goal.

Faith is the means of the end goal, which is to be judged righteous by works and be rewarded with eternal salvation by resurrection of the dead.

Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Believing only is not the end goal. Doing the will of God by through to the end, is the end goal.

Grace is the means of believing, believing from the heart is the means of doing God's will. Doing God's will is the means of being reward with resurrection unto life.

The fact that love is greater than faith and hope does not mean that 'doing good' saves us or keeps us saved!
Try loving God without doing good.

Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

The gospel of faith without works is the idolatrous gospel of believing we have love for God and man, without loving God and man.

Our faith alone becomes our idol for being saved and justified without works.

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

How does one defile their garments in the context of that verse?
By sinning with the flesh. The soul is defiled and dies to God.

Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

The Bible makes no differences between believer or unbeliever, in judgement of works and the the soul dying to God by sinning.

The sinning soul dies separated from the Spirit of life, without respect of persons.

The gospel of not being judged and condemned with the world, while doing ungodly works of the world, is one of an unjust judge having respect of persons. Only an unjust judge condemns one and excuses another based solely upon 'family ties'.

But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear

The context is false religion and people that claim a name of believer but do not actually believe.
Because they don't actually do the word. Believers by hearing, that do not the word, are called hearers only.

Their alternative Christian religion to the Bible, is being justified by faith of hearing only, not by doing the word.

In no possible way does that mean that people who DO believe and are saved got there or will stay there by works!
The Bible teaches that people who DO believe are only those that DO the word.

The rest are hearers only, that DO unrighteousness and shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which are doing such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

The tree is known by the fruit, and so we are known by what we do. God judges our works accordingly, whether we are His sons doing His righteousness, or children of the devil doing his unrighteousness.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever is not doing righteousness is not of God.

The Bible can't make itself clearing in these things. But if someone wants to strip and separate works from faith, then there's nothing God can do to warn them against the day, when we will all be judged by our works, not by our personal beliefs alone.

The gospel of being saved and justified by faith without works, that makes doing righteousness just a wanna be add on goal, only gives lip service to doing the word and will of God.

If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that is doing righteousness is born of him.

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Wonderful, @Ghada,

Love to you, and may the spirit guide.
Thank you. I have not always done the first works of shutting down every thought for sin from the devil from mind, and so I was often plagued with them unnecessarily, including allow them to become lust in the heart to do them.

Now, I do my part to keep the peace of God that passes understanding, by shutting them down so soon as they cross my mind, and I am no more plagued by double heartedness in the faith.

Many sincere Christians try to fight sin with the flesh, after lust has already been allowed to lodge in the heart. It is a lost battle.

When we first begin fighting our warfare where is begins in the spirit, it does seem impossible to maintain, but soon we find the Spirit of Christ joining in, and we see ourselves winning against the devil's every thought for sin. We realize that is our promise and seal of the Spirit.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

In Christ, just as Jesus did in the flesh, we don't have to take the sinful thoughts of the devil for one second. We can cast them aside handily and continue on in the grace and goodness of walking with Jesus even as He walked with the Father in the days of His flesh.