we do not have revival because we do not see the need for it.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
facts is facts, you are the only one opposing revival....
You've spun that from whole cloth to malign me, and quite blatantly.

You are revealed.

There is a reason this makes you so out of control, and it's so that you can see this reason, that's why I persist. It's flesh that drives us to such things, for fleshy reason.

Recognize this, and move on from it, is all we need to do. You alone know what you need to do in your heart towards God.

So I ask you . . . what exactly is it we don't see a need for?

I expect you to avoid this as in the past, but I always welcome a pleasant surprise!

Much love!

Last edited:

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've spun that from whole cloth to malign me, and quite blatantly.

I Am not the one questioning whether someone is born again or not, You are. (Quote below)

"You haven't really demonstrated to me that you understand what rebirth is, or what the renewing of the mind is."

On other forums i have been on you would get kicked off for this sort of comment or put on probation....

As I said, facts is facts and you are the one on this post opposing revival and denying the need for revival in the Believer, any one who reads this can see that.

I Did not address this post to you, but it bothered you enough to comment, Why? What is it that you hate about me stating the obvious about the condition of the church? What is it that you hate about me crying out for revival? What is it that you hate about me trying to teach that revival is more than just a "renewing of the mind"?

It is called conviction. The words show that you are falling short, that you are missing something and you do not want to confront this in your own life, because it would draw into question certain doctrines that make say "I am in need of nothing". So actually all you are doing is exposing your own deficiency.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You haven't really demonstrated to me that you understand what rebirth is, or what the renewing of the mind is."
This isn't questioning your salvation as you claim, rather, your understanding of what it means.

It is called conviction. The words show that you are falling short,

Perhaps you should re-read some more of my posts, maybe you haven't been understanding me either.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, facts is facts and you are the one on this post opposing revival and denying the need for revival in the Believer, any one who reads this can see that.
I'm happy to let my posts stand.

What I'm doing is refuting your assertation that we are always just waiting for something more from God.

And there's your idea that you are the judge of others. You are not.

Revive is to make alive, and when someone is born again, this is God making them spiritually alive.

Renew is what God does with those who have been revived.

I recommend staying with Biblical terminology. Other terminology you can mold however you want. And when I say Biblical terminology, I mean in the way the Bible uses it.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread really shows the need for using Biblical terminology. We all know when we are talking about revival that this is when many unbelievers get saved. But this thread uses "revival" for a growth in spirituality in the redeemed. The proper Biblical terminology for spiritual growth in the child of God is "renewing the mind". We have been made new, we are now alive in the new creation, and now we need to learn to think the right way.

"Christians need reviving!" "But the Christian is already alive." "Aha!! You are against revival!" No, I'm against misusing words, and misrepresenting God and other people.

This thread is one more way for a certain one to say, You are not spiritual, because you don't care . . . whomever you are . . .

Much love!

Reactions: Cassandra

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread really shows the need for using Biblical terminology. We all know when we are talking about revival that this is when many unbelievers get saved. But this thread uses "revival" for a growth in spirituality in the redeemed. The proper Biblical terminology for spiritual growth in the child of God is "renewing the mind". We have been made new, we are now alive in the new creation, and now we need to learn to think the right way.

"Christians need reviving!" "But the Christian is already alive." "Aha!! You are against revival!" No, I'm against misusing words, and misrepresenting God and other people.

This thread is one more way for a certain one to say, You are not spiritual, because you don't care . . . whomever you are . . .

Much love!
Folks often over think things . From an early age we are indoctrinated into mens way of reasoning of seeing things .
We have to return to the simplicity found in Christ.
Which means if we want our minds renewed pray to GOD and Feast on that bible .
LOOK at how simple things are in that bible . Look at it . Its not complicated at all . Its very simple .
If JESUS said to do we do , if the apostels said to do , we do . If they said not to do DO NOT DO .
Its really that simple . Sadly for years and generations men of this world have led the churches . NOT THE SPIRIT
Since the days of sigmund freud , since the days of darwin , and especially in this latter generation we have been guilty
of heeding mens carnal wisdom . Most churches trust in what .....................mans reasoning , PHYSCOLOGY and Science
they trust and pander on feelings NOT TRUTH . ON doctrine of men , NOT GOD .
INSTEAD we must rely and trust on what was long ago recorded for our own good . THAT BIBLE .
THINK on this my friend . Look at how simple it should really be . WHEN we were children
and our parents TOLD us TO DO and NOT TO DO we already had it in us to KNOW if we did not OBEY THEM we would be in trouble .
SO why do we ignore the prophets , why do we ignore the apostels , WHY do we ignore things GOD SAID .
Cause if JESUS and the apostles and the prophets said it , GOD INSPIRED IT . I SEE IT AS THAT SIMPLE .
From sigmund fraud , for that is his name , FRAUD , to calvin to etc , we are being programmed not to vicotry but to defeat and being
overcome by the world . WHEN IN TRUTH , WHEN GOD FIRST DREW US TO CHRIST , our hearts were HUNGRY FOR TRUTH
cause HE PUT THAT DESIRE IN US . BUT OFTEN the TRUTH IS REPLACED with carnal reasoning of men .
WE must RETURN to CHILDLIKE FAITH IN CHRIST , IN GOD , IN EVERY WORD OF GOD .
AND we mustdo so quickly . The flesh truly is a monster my friend . WE ALL WRESTLE WITH IT ,
but the problem is MANY HAVE FORGOT the SOLUTION . THE SOLUTION WHICH HAS US TO BE OVERCOMERS
and not rather AGREERS with this world and its men . GO back to the first faith , the faith one had at first .
GO back to that first love , where it was all about GOD . THAT HUNGER , that THIRST for righteousness .
Be HUNGRY again mark . I say this to us all so dont see this as an attack . THIS is for all of our good .
GO back and let all cry out unto GOD and GET IN THOSE BIBLES .

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

All this is showing is a total lack of understanding of what a revival is in the believer. A Lack of understanding of Revival that millions of Christian Brothers and sisters in Christ have experienced and the ramifications of it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4:20-24 KJV
20) But ye have not so learned Christ;
21) If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Amen!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 3:8-14 KJV
8) But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9) Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10) And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11) Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12) Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13) Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14) And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 12:1-3 KJV
1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
3) For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4:20-24 KJV
20) But ye have not so learned Christ;
21) If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Amen!
Folks often over think things . From an early age we are indoctrinated into mens way of reasoning of seeing things .
LOOK at how simple things are in that bible . Look at it . Its not complicated at all . Its very simple .
If JESUS said to do we do , if the apostels said to do , we do . If they said not to do DO NOT DO .
Its really that simple . Sadly for years and generations men of this world have led the churches . NOT THE SPIRIT
Since the days of sigmund freud , since the days of darwin , and especially in this latter generation we have been guilty
of heeding mens carnal wisdom . Most churches trust in what .....................mans reasoning , PHYSCOLOGY and Science
INSTEAD we must rely and trust on what was long ago recorded for our own good . THAT BIBLE .
THINK on this my friend . Look at how simple it should really be . WHEN we were children
and our parents TOLD us TO DO and NOT TO DO we already had it in us to KNOW if we did not OBEY THEM we would be in trouble .
SO why do we ignore the prophets , why do we ignore the apostels , WHY do we ignore things GOD SAID .
Cause if JESUS and the apostles and the prophets said it , GOD INSPIRED IT . I SEE IT AS THAT SIMPLE .
From sigmund fraud , for that is his name , FRAUD , to calvin to etc , we are being programmed not to vicotry but to defeat and being
overcome by the world . WHEN IN TRUTH , WHEN GOD FIRST DREW US TO CHRIST , our hearts were HUNGRY FOR TRUTH
cause HE PUT THAT DESIRE IN US . BUT OFTEN the TRUTH IS REPLACED with carnal reasoning of men .
AND we mustdo so quickly . The flesh truly is a monster my friend . WE ALL WRESTLE WITH IT ,
but the problem is MANY HAVE FORGOT the SOLUTION . THE SOLUTION WHICH HAS US TO BE OVERCOMERS
and not rather AGREERS with this world and its men . GO back to the first faith , the faith one had at first .
GO back to that first love , where it was all about GOD . THAT HUNGER , that THIRST for righteousness .
Be HUNGRY again mark . I say this to us all so dont see this as an attack . THIS is for all of our good .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 2:1-6 YLT
1) Also you—being dead in the trespasses and the sins,
2) in which once ye did walk according to the age of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience,
3) among whom also we all did walk once in the desires of our flesh, doing the wishes of the flesh and of the thoughts, and were by nature children of wrath—as also the others,
4) and God, being rich in kindness, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5) even being dead in the trespasses, did make us to live together with the Christ, (by grace ye are having been saved,)
6) and did raise us up together, and did seat us together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 12:1-3 KJV
1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
3) For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my point in posting that three times is this , WHAT JESUS ARE WE FOLLOWING .
IS IT THE ONE IN THE BIBLE , OR IS IT THE ONE MEN FORMED and TWISTED UNTO US .
GO back TO THOSE BIBLES . DO IT NOW . DO IT NOW . LEARN JESUS FOR OURSELVES .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:10-15 KJV
10) And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11) In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12) Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13) And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14) Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15) And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Made alive!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my point in posting that three times is this , WHAT JESUS ARE WE FOLLOWING .
IS IT THE ONE IN THE BIBLE , OR IS IT THE ONE MEN FORMED and TWISTED UNTO US .
GO back TO THOSE BIBLES . DO IT NOW . DO IT NOW . LEARN JESUS FOR OURSELVES .

Colossians 3:9-14 KJV
9) Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10) And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11) Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12) Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13) Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14) And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

Learn of Me, Jesus said.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:10-15 KJV
10) And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11) In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12) Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13) And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14) Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15) And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Made alive!

Much love!
We are complete in JESUS . BUT IF OUR jesus is the one many a church twisted unto us , ITS NOT JESUS .
I am making an all out final call to return to those bibles . MANY folks can quoate scripture , BUT DO THEY REALLY KNOW THE GOD
that INSPIRED those scriptures .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Learn of Me, Jesus said.

Much love!
And if one presents another jesus , THEY LIE . RETURN TO BIBLES EVERYONE . Forget much of what men have taught us .
RETURN to the simplicity found in the BIBLICAL ONE and ONLY JESUS .

Reactions: Cassandra and marks

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Learn of Me, Jesus said.

Much love!
THE OLD MAN and HIS DEEDS , ARE SIN . Are we making excuse for why one sins or why we sin , IF so , that is the work of the devil .
Mark , MARK THOSE WORDS WELL . Many souls are in dire and deadly and grave danger . THEY FOLLOW another jesus , which is NOT JESUS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All this is showing is a total lack of understanding of what a revival is in the believer. A Lack of understanding of Revival that millions of Christian Brothers and sisters in Christ have experienced and the ramifications of it.
If our experience contradicts the biblical pattern , IT COMETH OF SATAN and of his men who lead many a church these days as well as the world .
Let all return to the simplicity found in Christ . AND LET none see this as an attack , but rather as it is meant , TO HELP all souls .
I have long pointed to one thing . THE JESUS OF THAT BIBLE . Many folks and many a person has often seen these reminders
as wrong . BUT let all do one thing . GO back and read every post i have ever done or any response i have ever made .
AND NOTICE what i say on this , I Dont point to me , I SAY GET IN THOSE BIBLES . Pointing to THAT JESUS , those apostles
and those prophets . POINTING TO GOD is all i know to do , SO ITS WHY I POINT TO THAT BIBLE . CAUSE I KNOW
and that by grace , THAT THOSE WORDS are TRULY INSPIRED BY THE ONE TRUE GOD , ONE TRUE CHRIST WHOM HE DID SEND .

Reactions: Cassandra and marks