we do not have revival because we do not see the need for it.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Frighten them off! Lol Really! I think in the process of causing us to unite deeply with Him, hangers-on are shook off...on purpose!
We do no one a favor if we water down the cost of being His.
We do no one a favor if we water down THE COST of Being His . Fact is we condmen them and ourselves if we do such a thing .
We must preach JESUS and Him crucified . Not JESUS and GIVE ME that MONEY and THE WORLD . cause the latter jesus and the world
AINT JESUS . JESUS taught there was a cost to serving HIM and so did the apostels . YET I SAY COUNT IT ALL JOY NO MATTER
what the cost IS . Count all loss JOY for JESUS , count it all dung to WIN JESUS . No matter what comes against us , REJOICE IN THE LORD
and in the LORD REJOICE and have ALL HOPE in HE ALONE .

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We do no one a favor if we water down THE COST of Being His . Fact is we condmen them and ourselves if we do such a thing .
We must preach JESUS and Him crucified . Not JESUS and GIVE ME that MONEY and THE WORLD . cause the latter jesus and the world
AINT JESUS . JESUS taught there was a cost to serving HIM and so did the apostels . YET I SAY COUNT IT ALL JOY NO MATTER
what the cost IS . Count all loss JOY for JESUS , count it all dung to WIN JESUS . No matter what comes against us , REJOICE IN THE LORD
and in the LORD REJOICE and have ALL HOPE in HE ALONE .
The cost is death-to-self!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The cost is death-to-self!
Death to SELF . indeed my friend . indeed .
Who so ever will be a friend of the world is .....................
And the lusts of the flesh , and the pride of Life , of the eyes , AINT OF THE FATHER its of the world .
MARCH ON my friend . march onward in the glorious LORD .

Reactions: Truman

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
70% of Americans claim to be Christians. Yet the country is descending into lawlessness worse than Sodom. That is a direct result of a church that has lost its saltiness, and no longer stands apart from the world, and instead is mingled with worldliness and carnal treasures and prosperity.
You seem to have a very low view of the church, while absolving sinners of responsibility.

And perhaps you need to associate with a different sort of Christians, maybe time to find a new church?

And not everyone who claims to be Christian is reborn. No need to judge others when we don't know the heart.

No need to beat the sheep, if you know what I'm saying.

Much love!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My observation...for what it's worth.
Marks seems like a pastor.
David seems like...a prophet?
Different parts of the same team.
:)

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
70% of Americans claim to be Christians. Yet the country is descending into lawlessness worse than Sodom. That is a direct result of a church that has lost its saltiness, and no longer stands apart from the world, and instead is mingled with worldliness and carnal treasures and prosperity.

nowhere is it written that the church if it is faithful will cause the world to act righteous on the outside.
in fact the scripture teaches us the opposite is true -- evil people will wax worse and worse.

the church isn't supposed to get into politics and worldly power and force outward moral behaviour on unbelievers.
the church is supposed to be separate, and as this age of the Gentiles draws nearer its close, the world will naturally become worse and worse until the end, when the cup of their iniquity is full & the Judge of the whole earth comes to render them their due.

judging the world isn't our job. policing the world isn't our job. controlling the world and taking power over it isn't our job.
America isn't 'God's chosen nation' we're a pagan land built on 'freedom of heresy'
don't confuse this country or some political party for 'the church' -- they want to buy you, and sell you, by making merchandise of a perversion of 'the church'

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My observation...for what it's worth.
Marks seems like a pastor.
David seems like...a prophet?
Different parts of the same team.
:)

Matthew 7:15-20 KJV
15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16) Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17) Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18) A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19) Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

The fruit of the Spirit is Godly character. The character of the false prophet reveals them.

Much love!

Reactions: charity

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nowhere is it written that the church if it is faithful will cause the world to act righteous on the outside.
in fact the scripture teaches us the opposite is true -- evil people will wax worse and worse.
That's what makes it beating the sheep.

Much love!

Reactions: post

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
…2with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 3and with diligence to preserve the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;…
Ephesians 4:2-4

This, and,

Ephesians 4:29 KJV
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

A very high calling!

Much love!

Reactions: charity and Truman

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's not make things different from what they are. Let's just see clearly.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Our Father is faithful...even if we're not. It's like He's the light in the dark and we're all moths trying to get closer to Him. Sometimes we bump into each other. It's how we respond, I guess, that matters. Boy, that word is powerful! Sobered me up.

Reactions: marks

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Our Father is faithful...even if we're not. It's like He's the light in the dark and we're all moths trying to get closer to Him. Sometimes we bump into each other. It's how we respond, I guess, that matters. Boy, that word is powerful! Sobered me up.
Lamentations 3.23: "Great is Thy faithfulness."

Reactions: marks and Truman

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. (Matthew 5:13-16)