we do not have revival because we do not see the need for it.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If our experience contradicts the biblical pattern , IT COMETH OF SATAN and of his men who lead many a church these days as well as the world .
Let all return to the simplicity found in Christ . AND LET none see this as an attack , but rather as it is meant , TO HELP all souls .
I have long pointed to one thing . THE JESUS OF THAT BIBLE . Many folks and many a person has often seen these reminders
as wrong . BUT let all do one thing . GO back and read every post i have ever done or any response i have ever made .
AND NOTICE what i say on this , I Dont point to me , I SAY GET IN THOSE BIBLES . Pointing to THAT JESUS , those apostles
and those prophets . POINTING TO GOD is all i know to do , SO ITS WHY I POINT TO THAT BIBLE . CAUSE I KNOW
and that by grace , THAT THOSE WORDS are TRULY INSPIRED BY THE ONE TRUE GOD , ONE TRUE CHRIST WHOM HE DID SEND .

Revival is when Jesus comes to be with us (God with us, Emmanuel) and his presence is real and tangible in all believers.... this is when the word of God comes to life in us and we commune with God. It is a supernatural thing, and all who live through this are changed forever. Studying the bible, although a good thing for the believer to do pales in comparison to the Presence of God casting his light onto all our flaws and weaknesses by his holy presence, and teaching us the depth and riches of the word of God from the author of our faith..... We should all be yearning for this, hungering and thirsting for this, striving for this.....Not quenching the Spirit with textualism.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revival is when Jesus comes to be with us (God with us, Emmanuel) and his presence is real and tangible in all believers.... this is when the word of God comes to life in us and we commune with God. It is a supernatural thing, and all who live through this are changed forever. Studying the bible, although a good thing for the believer to do pales in comparison to the Presence of God casting his light onto all our flaws and weaknesses by his holy presence, and teaching us the depth and riches of the word of God from the author of our faith..... We should all be yearning for this, hungering and thirsting for this, striving for this.....Not quenching the Spirit with textualism.
And how do you think GOD shines His light unto us . THY WORD O LORD IS A LAMP UNTO MY SOUL and A LIGHT UNTO OUR PATH .
NO WONDER GOD PUT ME IN THAT BIBLE . NO WONDER HE PUT ME IN THAT BIBLE . I DIDNT PUT ME IN THAT BIBLE , HE DID .
HE DID . HIS GRACE drew me to CHRIST , HIS GRACE DREW ME TO LEARN OF THE ONE TRUE JESUS . WHICH IS FOUND IN THAT BIBLE .
NO wonder paul and peter warned how dire important it was to KNOW THOSE SCRIPTURES .
WHEN GOD puts a love in our hearts , REST assured its a love for TRUTH , FOR HIM above all . THAT LOVE puts a love for the truth
in our hearts . BIBLES ARE OPEN and we are made wise unto salvation through faith in CHRIST . Now
i have to say , for i have not said it in a long , long , very long time , LET THE GLORIOUS LORD BE PRAISED .
MAN it feels like an eternity since i said that last . Even if it was just this morning . THERE IS NEVER TOO MUCH PRAISE TO THE LORD .

Reactions: Cassandra

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd be interested to know what passages you look at concerning the believer's revival. You know revive means to cause to live, right? Do you think of Christians as being dead?

Much love!

He said for the believer it's a refreshing. Why do you think he's saying believers are dead by what he said there?

Being given clearer and clearer sight is a refreshing. Being stirred up after a time of complacency is a refreshing.

Not trying to pick on you just don't understand why a time of refreshing has to mean you were dead in your mind.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Revival is not something that comes from reading the Bible, though the Bible plays a role in revival. Revival is the moving of the Holy Ghost in Believers and and unbelievers alike. For the the believer revival is a "refreshing" in the unbeliever there is conviction and transformation. We should all be praying for a revival and Hungering and thirsting for the Presence of God that Sparks revival.

Studying the Hebrides revival, What "sparked" this revival was two old women earnestly praying for God's presence, No tele-evangelists, no deep theological presentations, no "camp meetings". Although Duncan Campbell is the minister associated with this revival, even he said it was not his working but the work of The Holy Ghost and a supernatural event.

Curiously, Donald Trump is related to those two old woman.... Watch the part with the pastor speaking in the video

Thanks, David!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said for the believer it's a refreshing. Why do you think he's saying believers are dead by what he said there?

Being given clearer and clearer sight is a refreshing. Being stirred up after a time of complacency is a refreshing.

Not trying to pick on you just don't understand why a time of refreshing has to mean you were dead in your mind.
Yes , even david said Renew a RIGHT SPIRIT IN ME . Refreshing a dying plant , not a dead one .
Be made alive , NOW THAT is being made alive from the dead . Revive and stir up the peoples is what we must say and pray .
Remember this my dear sister , we are in a massive falling away , so not all will return . BUT At least some will repent .
This world is long tanked and this we are one unity great awakening lie , IS A LIE . THEY FOLLOW MEN and POPES
and PIPE DREAMS of a false unfication of the world . UNIFIED ALL RIGHT , BUT UNDER THE BEAST .
We must resist this lie by FAITH IN JESUS and point to the BIBLICAL JESUS and pray for those who do so .

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"The Renewal," that I was involved with, was widely believed to be for the purpose of preparing the church for the coming revival.
Though putting a label on a move of God is like trying to categorize a wave.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Most Christians are complacent. They are content with their place in the Spiritual world, and do not see the need of revival thinking they are in need of nothing.

He speaks of Christians being revived, which is to bring to life. Ergo, dead Christians, which is a contradiction of terms. When someone starts using terminology in different ways from the Bible to talk about Biblical things, I find confusion more often results. Sometimes that's the intend, to muddle the issue.

For clarity's sake, I point out that the unbeliever is revived, and the believer is renewed, using the Biblical terms.

And serious, no one here has, I don't think, met even a tiny percentage of Christians, much less "most Christians", so as to speak for them all. So why? I have to ask? Why malign a large population number of God's people as if you knew their spiritual state? Personally I find that very problematic.

Much love!

Reactions: charity

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how do you think GOD shines His light unto us . THY WORD O LORD IS A LAMP UNTO MY SOUL and A LIGHT UNTO OUR PATH .
NO WONDER GOD PUT ME IN THAT BIBLE . NO WONDER HE PUT ME IN THAT BIBLE . I DIDNT PUT ME IN THAT BIBLE , HE DID .
HE DID . HIS GRACE drew me to CHRIST , HIS GRACE DREW ME TO LEARN OF THE ONE TRUE JESUS . WHICH IS FOUND IN THAT BIBLE .
NO wonder paul and peter warned how dire important it was to KNOW THOSE SCRIPTURES .
WHEN GOD puts a love in our hearts , REST assured its a love for TRUTH , FOR HIM above all . THAT LOVE puts a love for the truth
in our hearts . BIBLES ARE OPEN and we are made wise unto salvation through faith in CHRIST . Now
i have to say , for i have not said it in a long , long , very long time , LET THE GLORIOUS LORD BE PRAISED .
MAN it feels like an eternity since i said that last . Even if it was just this morning . THERE IS NEVER TOO MUCH PRAISE TO THE LORD

Jesus IS the word of God, His presence is that light.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Perhaps Christians, who have already been spiritually resurrected from the dead, are renewed, refreshed, reinvigorated, recharged.
Whereas those dead in their sins are revived, reborn, brought back to life.
Christians are renewed.
The unsaved are revived.
As our wise-as-an-owl friend would say, "Give the glory to God! Lol

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And serious, no one here has, I don't think, met even a tiny percentage of Christians, much less "most Christians", so as to speak for them all. So why? I have to ask? Why malign a large population number of God's people as if you knew their spiritual state? Personally I find that very problematic.

70% of Americans claim to be Christians. Yet the country is descending into lawlessness worse than Sodom. That is a direct result of a church that has lost its saltiness, and no longer stands apart from the world, and instead is mingled with worldliness and carnal treasures and prosperity.

Look, I am not going to be around much longer, my health is failing and my refusal to take the vaccine is going to result in me not being able to get the health care I need. I have made my peace and am ready to leave this world when the LORD calls me home. My Hope is to see one last great awakening in this country, and that is what I am praying for.... not to save this country, but to awaken those sleeping Christians in this country and to empower them by the Holy Spirit to reach the fulness of God in their lives that they too can KNOW HIM and His presence with absolute certainty, that when the time comes for them to take a stand, they will for the Glory of the King of Kings.

For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. (Ephesians 3:14-21)

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He speaks of Christians being revived, which is to bring to life. Ergo, dead Christians, which is a contradiction of terms. When someone starts using terminology in different ways from the Bible to talk about Biblical things, I find confusion more often results. Sometimes that's the intend, to muddle the issue.

For clarity's sake, I point out that the unbeliever is revived, and the believer is renewed, using the Biblical terms.

Much love!

I don't think his intent was to muddle anything. He quite clearly referred to revival for a Christian as being a refreshing.
I get that you prefer certain words be used, but the Bible does speak of times of refreshing and has a blind man being given clearer sight in stages and the joy of salvation being restored.

I think you sometimes get too hung up on specific words being some sort of trigger for you and miss the spirit of a post.

I have had times of unpleasant dryness and times of refreshing. And in the past I had times of...annoyed and fatalistic complacency, although that was more a fatalistic attitude that was a bit of peevishness at Gods will r a ther than mine...

Reactions: David H.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you sometimes get too hung up on specific words being some sort of trigger for you and miss the spirit of a post.

Interesting POV, and I'm not sure you are aware of the ongoing discussion between David and I. I don't know what else I'd care to add at this point. I don't think I was actually missing what he was saying. That's just my opinion. I've heard him say it a lot, and in a lot of different ways. Just the same, thank you for sharing your negative opinion of me. We all have our own opinions. Some people like to share their opinion that most Christians are a bunch of losers, which is an opinion I don't share.

Much love!

Reactions: post

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have a negative opinion of you, despite your thought that I do.

You aren't perfect. Deal with it. Stop looking at any observation as a great attack on your character.

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I hate where a lot of the body is at, due to false doctrine and the love of pleasure, but loving the body is where it's at.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
Don't mind me...munch, much! Lol

Reactions: marks

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I once heard that the word is the river bed and that the Spirit is the river.
The word without the Spirit - we'll dry up!
The Spirit without the word - we'll blow up! (We, not the Spirit, would be the problem here)
The word with the Spirit - we'll grow up!
Something like that! Lol

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had times of unpleasant dryness and times of refreshing.
We all have our times, I do too. Or that's how it feels, what's really happening can be something very different than how things feel. Seeming times of dryness can have to do with healing and renewing, and how the emotional affect of our fleshy existence sometimes needs to "re-integrate" with our renewing minds.

When we feel times of distance and dryness, I believe the correct response is to trust in Jesus' presence and care just the same, without needing any internal or external affirmations, only trusting His Word. Our feelings and perceptions must never be seen as more significant that God's promises.

There is a man who is impassioned and pleading, but he trusts in the power of his emotions to make himself heard, and he is not trusting in Jesus. There is a man who in calm confidence asks and receives, trusting. And there is a man who pleads impassioned because he trusts. But the emotional state isn't what counts, it's faith. There is a man who pretends passion to appear spiritual.

Appropriate feelings follow appropriate thoughts and choices. An emotional life can make a life more rich, but it can also lead people astray, if given too much weight. And there are those who have low or no emotional affect, yet trust Jesus. What do we say of one who has low affect, yet is aware of his great need, and prays in great faith?

I think essentially I'm saying there is a lot to this business of emotions, and perceptions. We each have our own ideas about all that, and I encourage to be aware of what is feeling and what is faith.

Much love!

Reactions: charity

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was so confused for years about how my life went from so good to so bad, especially when I knew He was pleased with me. And the promises He made to me! "You've been faithful with little, now I'm going to give you more," and then a bomb goes off in my life?
I was tested, did I really believe He was good? I had to ignore my emotions. I stood on His word, hell and high water did not prevail, and then I got His eternal perspective. And I stood! Hallelujah!
And also, I did insist for years that He'd do with me whatever He wanted...oh man! Careful what you ask God for...He might give it to you! Lol Man, is He intense! Trials and tribulations are blessings in disguise!
Faithful is His name!

Oh lol. My life blew up too after I met Him.

Reminds me of Teresa of Avila, sick with a cold, having to travel to one of the houses she founded, pouring down rain, a wheel getting stuck in the mud and her slipping and being then wet, muddy and sick. She said something like, really Lord?? And He said to her, this is how I treat all My friends, to which she jokingly replied, yes Lord, maybe that is why You have so few of them!

I had a period of time where I stopped speaking about God so much and I told Him it was because, seeing as how they saw what happened to me, it might frighten them off.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Train operating the wrong way...Engine of emotion, driven by my will, fueled by my coal-car mind, with my caboose-spirit bringing up the rear.
After a deep, groaning repentance:
Train operating the right way: Engine of Holy Spirt/my spirit, driven by my will, fuel by my coal-car mind, with my caboose-emotions bringing up the rear.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh lol. My life blew up too after I met Him.

Reminds me of Teresa of Avila, sick with a cold, having to travel to one of the houses she founded, pouring down rain, a wheel getting stuck in the mud and her slipping and being then wet, muddy and sick. She said something like, really Lord?? And He said to her, this is how I treat all My friends, to which she jokingly replied, yes Lord, maybe that is why You have so few of them!

I had a period of time where I stopped speaking about God so much and I told Him it was because, seeing as how they saw what happened to me, it might frighten them off.
Frighten them off! Lol Really! I think in the process of causing us to unite deeply with Him, hangers-on are shook off...on purpose!
We do no one a favor if we water down the cost of being His.