We must be born again to be God's kingdom.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Here is what the Bible says about born again:

John 3:3
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

John 3:7
You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’

1 Peter 1:23
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

29 If you know that he is righteous, you know that everyone who does what is right has been born of him.

1 John 3:7 The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10 This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

1 John 5: 1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. 2 This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. 3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world.

18 We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. 19 We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one. 20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ.

My comment:

In a nutshell, we are not born again unless we keep the commands of God through Jesus Christ.

Reactions: KingJ

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
I brought this topic because OSAS believers don't seem to know what "born again" means. And without knowing, they believe they are born again.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Joyful said:
I brought this topic because OSAS believers don't seem to know what "born again" means. And without knowing, they believe they are born again.
What is the definition of eternal Joyful.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
ATP said:
eternal means forever guys. FOREVER.
And the Bible says you cannot have eternal life if you are not born again which you don't know what it is.

You guys developed nasty habit of disregarding important and basics of Christianity.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This logic follows that you are not born again until after this life. Is this what you are conveying?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Bible says once we believe we have eternal life. Eternal means forever. Amen.

John 3:14-15 NIV Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

John 3:16 NIV For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 5:24 NIV “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

John 6:40 NIV For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 6:47 NIV I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.

Acts 13:46-48 NIV Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. 47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' " 48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

Eph 1:13-14 NIV And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Tit 3:7 NIV so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

1 John 5:13-14 NIV I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God:

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
ATP said:
The Bible says once we believe we have eternal life. Eternal means forever. Amen.

John 3:14-15 NIV Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

John 3:16 NIV For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 5:24 NIV “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

John 6:40 NIV For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Acts 13:46-48 NIV Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. 47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' " 48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

Eph 1:13-14 NIV And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Tit 3:7 NIV so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

1 John 5:13-14 NIV I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God:
Why are you try to derail the topic?

What is your objection to the OP?

what is your point regarding born again?

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
Let me share some of my favorite verses with you:

Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Mat 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Born again believers will be meek, they will hunger and thirst for righteousness, they will be merciful, and they will be, to the best of their ability, peacemakers.
They will show evidence in their lives of being conformed to the character of Christ.
These are those who have believed in Jesus Christ, and who follow Him.

Reactions: IanLC

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:

ATP, since you were good enough to come to this thread that Joyful made, and since the thread is about being born again, could you tell us what "born again" actually means?
Thanks.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
justaname said:
This logic follows that you are not born again until after this life. Is this what you are conveying?
This thread is about what is born again.

I made it simple so that you guys cannot make it complicated as you always do to all your man-made doctrine.

It is OSAS believers tactic to make simple gospel complicated, so they can pretend they are so knowledgeable that they understand the hidden knowledge..

Confusing the world is not of Jesus, dear.

I will not take a bait to derail this thread to complicated and perverted thread.

"Born again" is simple concept.

thank you.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Born again is simple concept just as most Jesus' teachings are simple and clear. It is just so hard to accept if your Lord is not Jesus.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can expand...

Lets say I "keep the commands" for one day. Would this qualify for being born again?

If the answer is no, then how long do I need to "keep the commands"? If continually, then logically it follows that I have to continue "keeping the commands" until the end of my days. Then according to the rules you set forth no one can be born again until they die.

Also I wonder about those who "keep the commands" for some time, then quit, then come back to "keeping the commands". Did they become born again, only to not be born again, then born again, again?

Then we have the case of one who "keeps the commands" for some time, then quits without returning to "keeping the commands". Was/is this person ever born again?

Here is what Jesus says about being born again...

Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. - John 3:5

And He clarifies the teaching here...

13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. - John 3:13-18

Proper exegesis here shows belief or faith...

So then to continue the question and to clarify your ambiguous OP, as I am not attempting to derail this thread unlike how you malign me...

Are you teaching sinless perfection?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Joyful said:
Born again is simple concept just as most Jesus' teachings are simple and clear. It is just so hard to accept if your Lord is not Jesus.
It's not a concept, rather it's the only way to get into heaven. Are you born again Joyful. Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Rom 10:9