We must be born again to be God's kingdom.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
ATP said:
Gill provides an excellent response to your question and answers your question thoroughly.

Remember what we discussed, God is not contradictory. Once we believe we have eternal life.
Are you saying that Gill is God?

No, I don't think so. I reject Gill's response, favoring, instead, the words of Christ.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Another question for those who believe OSAS:

What did Paul mean, when he warned Timothy:

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
ATP said:
Gill provides an excellent response to your question and answers your question thoroughly.

Remember what we discussed, God is not contradictory. Once we believe we have eternal life.
The Bible does not contradict itself.
Therefore, we must consider ALL of it, not just a few verses.

Whoever "Gill" is, he's just a fallible human. He could very easily contradict God, without even realizing it.
Did you not read where God tells us not to lean on our own understanding?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Joyful said:
Eternal is eternal. What does this have to do with you not accepting Jesus' teaching of "born again"?

You will not have eternal life if you are not born again. Since you don't accept what it is to be born again, it is obvious you are not born again, dear.
It has everything to do with being born again. We are only born again and justified once Rom 10:9-10 NIV.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Joyful said:
Why do you have to bring anyone who is not in the Bible? Did not Jesus and His apostles teach well enough for you?

You are right, God is not contradictory, you are making it contradictory.
Then God is a liar and believing doesn't bring eternal life, and the Bible isn't 100% true. Is that what you're saying?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Are you saying that Gill is God?

No, I don't think so. I reject Gill's response, favoring, instead, the words of Christ.
Then you reject eternal life by belief only. Are you calling God a liar?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
Another question for those who believe OSAS:

What did Paul mean, when he warned Timothy:

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils
Apostasy is everywhere on this one. Apostates are not born again christians Barrd...http://biblehub.com/1_timothy/4-1.htm

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Barrd said:
Matthew walked with Jesus, as did Mark, Luke, and John. They were inspired by God to write as they did. There words have been preserved for us and handed down to us through countless ages. Anyone who has read the Gospels knows who they are.
Also, they are not setting themselves up as teachers. They are repeating for us what Jesus taught and said.
The Bible is the Word of God.

I've never heard of "Gill".
Why would I hear the voice of strangers?
This is a fair assessment, yet do you not understand I could use your own argument on you? Why listen to you? You are setting yourself up as a teacher. I can read the Bible for myself...I have the words of Jesus just as you. I have never heard of The Barrd

As a bit of a correction...most do not believe Luke walked with Jesus...

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
The Barrd said:
The Bible does not contradict itself.
Therefore, we must consider ALL of it, not just a few verses.
Considering ALL scripture vs knowing how to interpret it through exegesis?

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
ATP said:
Then God is a liar and believing doesn't bring eternal life, and the Bible isn't 100% true. Is that what you're saying?
You are the ones who don't accept all inconvenient ones which do not harmonize with your man-made doctrines.

You got it all back ward. sheesh.

You need to be honest and open your eyes to see the whole truth, dear.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Joyful said:
You are the ones who don't accept all inconvenient ones which do not harmonize with your man-made doctrines.

You got it all back ward. sheesh.

You need to be honest and open your eyes to see the whole truth, dear.
What truth? That eternal life isn't eternal after all? That's silly.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Joyful said:
The Truth is Jesus, dear.

think about it.
You're right, and Jesus is the Word. And the Word tells me that when I believe I have eternal life. Do you believe the Word Joyful?

John 3:14-15 NIV Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.

John 3:16 NIV For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 5:24 NIV “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

John 6:40 NIV For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 6:47 NIV I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.

Acts 13:46-48 NIV Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. 47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us: " 'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.' " 48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

Eph 1:13-14 NIV And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Tit 3:7 NIV so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

1 John 5:13-14 NIV I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14This is the confidence we have in approaching God:

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
ATP,

Jesus says "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through Me".

Jesus is talking about eternal life.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
It is not rocket science teaching.

Don't make simple gospel so complicated to justify your man-made doctrines.

It is a grave sin to do that.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Joyful said:
ATP,

Jesus says "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through Me".

Jesus is talking about eternal life.
Yes, and by believing you are accepting salvation through Jesus Christ.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Joyful said:
It is not rocket science teaching.

Don't make simple gospel so complicated to justify your man-made doctrines.

It is a grave sin to do that.
I am quoting the Word of God. Do you believe what it says??

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
Yes, and by believing you are accepting salvation through Jesus Christ.
No one is arguing about it.

We are talking about your not accepting Jesus' teaching of "born again" believers.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
I am quoting the Word of God. Do you believe what it says??
I am showing you all the words that you are ignoring to justify your man-made doctrine.

You can run but you cannot hide, dear.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since this post seems to be ignored....

Joyful,

I can expand...

Lets say I "keep the commands" for one day. Would this qualify for being born again?

If the answer is no, then how long do I need to "keep the commands"? If continually, then logically it follows that I have to continue "keeping the commands" until the end of my days. Then according to the rules you set forth no one can be born again until they die.

Also I wonder about those who "keep the commands" for some time, then quit, then come back to "keeping the commands". Did they become born again, only to not be born again, then born again, again?

Then we have the case of one who "keeps the commands" for some time, then quits without returning to "keeping the commands". Was/is this person ever born again?

Here is what Jesus says about being born again...

Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. - John 3:5

And He clarifies the teaching here...

13 No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
15 that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. - John 3:13-18

Proper exegesis here shows belief or faith...

So then to continue the question and to clarify your ambiguous OP, as I am not attempting to derail this thread unlike how you malign me...

Are you teaching sinless perfection?