We Will Ride And Other Worship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have not hear it before and am not familiar with the artist. But, I truly enjoyed it. My tastes tend to the 60 and 70's "Jesus Music" (it is what it was called then) I LOVE Keith Green, 2nd Chapter of Acts, Barry McGuire, Buck Herring (Married to Annie from 2nd Chapter of Acts group)
And yes, there are many contemporary songs and artists I love like, Chris Tomlin, Aaron Schust, Lauren Daigle. I find a difference between "worship music" and "Christian music". I find that the Worship music is ALL about Him and His majesty. Christian music I see more of what He has and will do for US...some have way too many I's, My's and ME's in them...this is only my opinion :)
Lauren Daigle has a very strong voice....effective as a raw and hard hitting presentation of lyrics.

Reactions: Nancy

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have not hear it before and am not familiar with the artist. But, I truly enjoyed it. My tastes tend to the 60 and 70's "Jesus Music" (it is what it was called then) I LOVE Keith Green, 2nd Chapter of Acts, Barry McGuire, Buck Herring (Married to Annie from 2nd Chapter of Acts group)
And yes, there are many contemporary songs and artists I love like, Chris Tomlin, Aaron Schust, Lauren Daigle. I find a difference between "worship music" and "Christian music". I find that the Worship music is ALL about Him and His majesty. Christian music I see more of what He has and will do for US...some have way too many I's, My's and ME's in them...this is only my opinion :)
Hi. I like Jesus music too. My worship-leading background was mainly in the Vineyard church. I don't know if you are familiar with their roots, but they came from the 60's California Jesus people movement. At first, they held church on the beach. That would've made baptisms quick & easy.
When it comes down to it, I like music that I can sing and make my own, as prayer and worship to our Awesome God. In a way, I would say it. I actually came to Christ through this movement in Southern Ontario in 1973.
I heard somewhere the other day that another move like the Jesus people is going to come from southern California. Though it will be unique in its own way. Shalom.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi. I like Jesus music too. My worship-leading background was mainly in the Vineyard church. I don't know if you are familiar with their roots, but they came from the 60's California Jesus people movement. At first, they held church on the beach. That would've made baptisms quick & easy.
When it comes down to it, I like music that I can sing and make my own, as prayer and worship to our Awesome God. In a way, I would say it. I actually came to Christ through this movement in Southern Ontario in 1973.
I heard somewhere the other day that another move like the Jesus people is going to come from southern California. Though it will be unique in its own way. Shalom.

Yes, have indeed looked into the Vineyard Church, back in the early 90's. We had a wonderful brother who passed on recently who belonged to The Vineyard.
@Helen and her husband moved from England and experienced many of the happenings in CA. I was born too late, lol. NEVER!!!

Reactions: Truman and Helen

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Cause us to be..." another good song, ty.
It reminded me of one I'm sure you already know but, anyhow:
Amen. I may have heard this back in the 70s, though I don't remember as much of them as one might expect. Lol, ohhh. I'm gonna refresh my memory. Thanks.