• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen2Rev,

Yes, keep the commandments.

Do what you need to do, Brother even when we slip up; as long as you are having a relationship with the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ it is important.

Keep believing and holding on the Lord Jesus Christ.

With love in Christ,
Matthew G.

Reactions: GEN2REV

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Think not that I am come to destroy the Law (10 Commandments), ... I am not come to destroy but to fulfill (uphold/confirm them). ... Whosoever ... shall break one of these ... commandments, and shall teach men so, ... shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: ... whosoever shall do and teach them, ... shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 5:17, 19
REdefining the word fulfill is beneath you!

Transliteration
plēroō πλήρης (G4134)
Greek Inflections of πληρόω ἐπλήρου — 1x
ἐπληροῦντο — 2x
ἐπληροῦτο — 1x
ἐπληρώθη — 7x
ἐπλήρωσαν — 2x
ἐπλήρωσεν — 4x
Dictionary Aids
Vine's Expository Dictionary: fulfil (51x), fill (19x), be full (7x), complete (2x), end (2x), miscellaneous (9x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. to make full, to fill up, i.e. to fill to the full
    1. to cause to abound, to furnish or supply liberally
      1. I abound, I am liberally supplied
  2. to render full, i.e. to complete
    1. to fill to the top: so that nothing shall be wanting to full measure, fill to the brim

2. to consummate: a number
      1. to make complete in every particular, to render perfect

2. to carry through to the end, to accomplish, carry out, (some undertaking)
    3. to carry into effect, bring to realisation, realise
      1. of matters of duty: to perform, execute

2. of sayings, promises, prophecies, to bring to pass, ratify, accomplish

3. to fulfil, i.e. to cause God's will (as made known in the law) to be obeyed as it should be, and God's promises (given through the prophets) to receive fulfilment

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this also why Jesus obeyed the 10 Commandments?

Did Jesus sin in His lifetime, Ron?

Never!

Paul taught all the Commandments that he, himself, upheld.

Except the Sabbath. but I do not obey the nine carried over because they were written on stone to teh Jews, but because they are commands to show I have been made righteous in the New!

Because if He went to the synagogue on Tuesday- He wouldn't have anybody to share the gospel with now would he. Just like if I want to reach a whole bunch of Muslims, I would go to the mosque on Friday.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
REdefining the word fulfill is beneath you!

Transliteration
plēroō πλήρης (G4134)
Greek Inflections of πληρόω ἐπλήρου — 1x
ἐπληροῦντο — 2x
ἐπληροῦτο — 1x
ἐπληρώθη — 7x
ἐπλήρωσαν — 2x
ἐπλήρωσεν — 4x
Dictionary Aids
Vine's Expository Dictionary: fulfil (51x), fill (19x), be full (7x), complete (2x), end (2x), miscellaneous (9x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. to make full, to fill up, i.e. to fill to the full
    1. to cause to abound, to furnish or supply liberally
      1. I abound, I am liberally supplied
  2. to render full, i.e. to complete
    1. to fill to the top: so that nothing shall be wanting to full measure, fill to the brim

2. to consummate: a number
      1. to make complete in every particular, to render perfect

2. to carry through to the end, to accomplish, carry out, (some undertaking)
    3. to carry into effect, bring to realisation, realise
      1. of matters of duty: to perform, execute

2. of sayings, promises, prophecies, to bring to pass, ratify, accomplish

3. to fulfil, i.e. to cause God's will (as made known in the law) to be obeyed as it should be, and God's promises (given through the prophets) to receive fulfilment

Now you know that the book of Hebrews will prove this wrong...as far a Christians.
And it is true Christ did not do away with the Law for Jews. They are not in the New Covenant, they are in the Old Covenant.
And those laws...even though they are impossible to keep today...they still apply to the Jews.
If you do not believe me look it up yourself....there are Jewish websites that will instruct you.
If you find an attraction to the 613 Mosaic Laws....I will suggest you try and live by all of them. It will convince you that you cannot live obey them today. And the burden would be horrendous. Living under the law for a while will make you more grateful that Christ removed that burden from us.

Oh! LOL Just so you know, you are in serious violation of the Law by posting pictures or images on this site! It does not matter if it is the ten summary of laws or Mosaic Law itself. No engraved images. They allowed no images....

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GEN2REV said:
Is this also why Jesus obeyed the 10 Commandments?

Did Jesus sin in His lifetime, Ron?
And if Jesus never sinned, that means He obeyed ALL of the 10 Commandments because Sin is the breaking of the 10 Commandments.

Are we not to live just as Jesus lived, Ron?

"He that saith he abideth in Him (continues in His Way) ought himself ... to walk, even as He walked." (to live as He lived)
1 John 2:6
"If a man abide not in Me (continues not in My Way), he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."
John 15:6

Are we not to live as Jesus lived, Ron?

Jesus obeyed ALL the 10 Commandments. If He had not, His life would not have been sinless and His sacrifice would have availed nothing.

Are we not to walk in the Way of Jesus Christ, Ron?

"I am the Way and the Truth and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." (by living in My Way, and following My Truth and My Life)
John 14:6

The 10 Commandments were written in stone as a guide for how to live God's Way.

Are we not to live as Jesus (God) lived in the physical as an example to us of how to live righteously, Ron? How to live HIS Way?

The Bible thoroughly supports the fact that we are to live as He lived, by striving to obey the 10 Commandments, in righteousness.

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."
Matthew 5:48

It has nothing to do with works to salvation, Ron. Not about being under Law to save ourselves. It's about obedience out of love for God. When we love our parents, don't we desire to obey them?

How do we know we love God? Keep the Commandments.
1 John 5:2-3
How do we know we love Jesus? Keep the Commandments.
John 14:15; 15:14

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen2Rev,

Yes, keep the commandments.

Do what you need to do, Brother even when we slip up; as long as you are having a relationship with the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ it is important.

Keep believing and holding on the Lord Jesus Christ.

With love in Christ,
Matthew G.
Actually, you make a great point there that I'd forgotten to mention.

James 3:2 "We all stumble often. (in many things we stumble -KJV)"

How can we stumble if we are not striving to walk upright? If we are simply sitting down in the mire of sin, there is no possibility of stumbling. But it is when we are striving to walk righteously that we stumble, here and there. This verse supports the striving for righteous living - living in The Way of God, The Way of Truth.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if Jesus never sinned, that means He obeyed ALL of the 10 Commandments because Sin is the breaking of the 10 Commandments.

"He that saith he abideth in Him (continues in His Way) ought himself ... to walk, even as He walked." (to live as He lived)
1 John 2:6
"If a man abide not in Me (continues not in My Way), he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."
John 15:6

Are we not to live as Jesus lived, Ron?

Jesus obeyed ALL the 10 Commandments. If He had not, His life would not have been sinless and His sacrifice would have availed nothing.

Are we not to walk in the Way of Jesus Christ, Ron?

"I am the Way and the Truth and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me." (by living in My Way, and following My Truth and My Life)
John 14:6

The 10 Commandments were written in stone as a guide for how to live God's Way.

Are we not to live as Jesus (God) lived in the physical as an example to us of how to live righteously, Ron? How to live HIS Way?

The Bible thoroughly supports the fact that we are to live as He lived, by striving to obey the 10 Commandments, in righteousness.

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."
Matthew 5:48

It has nothing to do with works to salvation, Ron. Not about being under Law to save ourselves. It's about obedience out of love for God. When we love our parents, don't we desire to obey them?

How do we know we love God? Keep the Commandments.
1 John 5:2-3
How do we know we love Jesus? Keep the Commandments.
John 14:15; 15:14

The label Ten Commandments were incorrectly given to ten of the 14 summery of laws.
Yahweh Himself, called another set the ten commandments. And those He instructed Moses to write on the tablets.
The New Testament will tell you not to murder or steal or commit adultery and what Christ taught was much more than that morally and spiritually, His teaching are vastly superior to anything in the Old Testament.
There is a basic lack of logic here...I know people can read.
We do not obey the "no engraved images" law...anywhere! Not even church.
We worship the Lord on Sunday...not Saturday.
And for most Christians, their wives are not their property.
If Christ's teachings are not good enough and you are looking to the Old Testament law, you have abandoned Christ. He just was not good enough for you. And depending how serious you are about it, Paul says you are severed from Christ and have fallen from grace. Might as well sign up for Judaism because now you are in neither covenant.
If you have these religious beliefs that are that attached to the law, be a Jew.
Christ warned about mixing these religions and he explained it would ruin both.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Christ's ministry occurred during the Old Covenant, so it would be correct for Him to obey them....within reason.
He actually changed the Mosaic Law for the Jews in a couple ways....the life for a life and a tooth for tooth...He changed for them
He changed the law on divorce for them. And a couple of times He got called on braking the Mosaic Law....but if He had the authority to change the Mosaic Law He had the authority to sway from it.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello GailHunter,

Have something to tell you, and ask if you know.

When it comes to Jesus Christ when He had spoken say " about the eye for eye and tooth for tooth: This was in reference of Hammurabi's Code which was from a period back in 1755-1750 bc referencing King Hammurabi of Babylon. Did you know that?

Here is

One law (Of Hammurabi's Code) said, “If a man put out the eye of another man, his eye shall be put out.” Later historians summarized Hammurabi's Code with the phrase, “An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth." This means that whoever commits an injury should be punished in the same manner as that injury.

Thank you for your time, and consideration,
Matthew G.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hammurabi's Code

Yes, moral codes existed in the Pagan world. The basalt or diorite stele and this is not the only stele that had codes or stories.
Some of the stories in the Old Testament occur outside of the Hebrew culture.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well you can hold to teh 10 commandments. but what is your purpose to do so?

To save you ?
To keep you saved?
To enhance your salvation?
To make God more pleased with you?

I know why I keep the 1008 commands given in the New Testament (or at least strive to)

But you reject the writings of the apostle Paul then. For He said th elaw was just a schoolmaster until faith came. Now that faith has come we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

And please do not try that lie that that refers to the other 603 commands God gave to Moses when He also gave him the ten in stone.

So why do you follow th eten commandments?

Especially when not one command ot the church tells us to observe Saturday as a holy day of rest. BTW do yo obey th eSabbath as it was given?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And for most Christians, ...
Most professed Christians won't be going to heaven, Grail. The Bible is pretty clear on that.

"Because strait is the gate(Jesus), and narrow is the way(Jesus), which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Matthew 7:14
"Not everyone who saith unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; (many professed Christians who believed they were saved and living right will not be allowed entry into heaven) Many will say to Me ... Lord, Lord ... And ... I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity.(Lawlessness = those who break the Laws of God, the 10 Commandments)."
Matthew 7:21-23
If Christ's teachings are not good enough and you are looking to the Old Testament law, you have abandoned Christ. He just was not good enough for you.
100% YOUR words, not mine. Instigating.
And depending how serious you are about it, Paul says you are severed from Christ and have fallen from grace.
Paul obeyed every single one of the 10 Commandments and taught all to do the same. As has already been fully proven in this thread.

Swing and a MISS.
Well you can hold to teh 10 commandments. but what is your purpose to do so?

To save you ?
To keep you saved?
To enhance your salvation?
To make God more pleased with you?
This has also already been answered in this thread.

Exodus 20:8
John 14:15
John 15:14
1 John 5:3
... you reject the writings of the apostle Paul then.
Paul obeyed all the 10 Commandments. Many verses proving this have already been posted in this thread. Happy to re-post if it would make any difference to you. It's ok though, I won't bother with it knowing that it won't.
And please do not try that lie that that refers to the other 603 commands God gave to Moses when He also gave him the ten in stone.
Any proof to go with your claims that the 600+ Laws were written in stone by God? Any verses at all, Ron?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most professed Christians won't be going to heaven, Grail. The Bible is pretty clear on that.

Good point. and it said few....few from the perspective of Christ's time. There are some that think that only 144,000 will make it to heaven.

If Christ's teachings are not good enough and you are looking to the Old Testament law, you have abandoned Christ. He just was not good enough for you.
100% YOUR words, not mine. Instigating.

I said it and I mean it.

Paul obeyed every single one of the 10 Commandments and taught all to do the same. As has already been fully proven in this thread. Swing and a MISS.

You are very wrong about that. He even made it clear he was not under the law. And teach others the same?...LOL...give me a number....how many scriptures do you want to prove you wrong?

Any proof to go with your claims that the 600+ Laws were written in stone by God? Any verses at all, Ron?

This was pointed at me, but I am sure if that was your intent....and the count is still 613 laws, the Summary of Laws are summaries, the details of each of the summaries are detailed in the body of the 613 Mosaic Laws.

There are debates as to what all was written on the two tablets of the testimony that setup the covenant. The only thing the Bible says specifically was written on the tablets were the ten commandments listed in Chapter 34...not chapter 20. Paul referred to the Mosaic Law as the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones....

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GEN2REV said:
Paul obeyed every single one of the 10 Commandments and taught all to do the same. As has already been fully proven in this thread.
You are very wrong about that. He even made it clear he was not under the law. And teach others the same?...LOL...give me a number....how many scriptures do you want to prove you wrong?
Oh, no need. I got this.

Previously posted by GEN2REV in post #67

"Throughout Paul's ministry, he addressed each and every Commandment and made clear that we all should obey them. Clearly, he believed that they were given to all mankind.

Nobody can sin if the 10 Commandments were not given to the entire world 'til the end of time. For sin is the breaking of the Law, the breaking of any of the 10 Commandments.

Paul addresses each of the 10 Commandments as follows:

Idolatry (Commandments #1 & #2), Adultery (#7), Theft and Coveting (#8 & #10)
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Paul states here, in no uncertain terms, that those who do these things, EVEN TODAY, will not inherit the kingdom of God. "DO NOT BE DECEIVED ..." he says.

Here, he repeats the Commandments against Idolatry and Adultery and presents the sin of Murder. (Commandment #6)
Galatians 5:19-21

Next, Paul addresses the sins of Lying and Taking the Lord's Name in vain. (Commandments #9 & #3)
Colossians 3:5-9

Next, he emphasizes the Commandment to Honor thy father and thy mother. (Commandment #5)
Ephesians 6:1-2

If you've been counting, that's 9 of the Commandments. Which leaves only the 4th, and the most controversial by far, the Sabbath Commandment. It is very easy to prove that Paul was a keeper of the Sabbath. There are many verses that confirm this.
Acts 13:14-15
Acts 17:2
Acts 18:1-11
Acts 21:24
Acts 24:14
Acts 25:8
Luke 4:16
1 Corinthians 11:1
Hebrews 4:9

Were the Commandments given to us? Absolutely."

Kindly eat your heart out, Grail.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The irony of all this debate is that those who are so emotional about the NOT obeying of the 10 Commandments are only in disagreement with the 4th Commandment.

That's it.

That's their only point of contention. They fully agree with, and obey, the other 9 Commandments, if they're even half a Christian, but it's the 4th that is such a threat to their lifestyle and their belief system.

Here's one that nobody cares to ever address? Why did Jesus' disciples stop preparing His body for burial when the Sabbath drew near on the night of His Crucifixion and REST on that Sabbath?

"And that day was the preparation (day before Sabbath), and the Sabbath drew on (approached). And the women ... beheld the sepulchre, and how His body was laid. And they ... prepared spices and ointments; and rested the Sabbath Day according to the Commandment."
Luke 23:54-56

What Commandment? The Commandments were GONE, Right???

Wasn't that Commandment nailed to the Cross with all the rest?

So what's the Biblical explanation for that?

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, no need. I got this.

Previously posted by GEN2REV in post #67

"Throughout Paul's ministry, he addressed each and every Commandment and made clear that we all should obey them. Clearly, he believed that they were given to all mankind.

Nobody can sin if the 10 Commandments were not given to the entire world 'til the end of time. For sin is the breaking of the Law, the breaking of any of the 10 Commandments.

Paul addresses each of the 10 Commandments as follows:

Idolatry (Commandments #1 & #2), Adultery (#7), Theft and Coveting (#8 & #10)
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Paul states here, in no uncertain terms, that those who do these things, EVEN TODAY, will not inherit the kingdom of God. "DO NOT BE DECEIVED ..." he says.

Here, he repeats the Commandments against Idolatry and Adultery and presents the sin of Murder. (Commandment #6)
Galatians 5:19-21

Next, Paul addresses the sins of Lying and Taking the Lord's Name in vain. (Commandments #9 & #3)
Colossians 3:5-9

Next, he emphasizes the Commandment to Honor thy father and thy mother. (Commandment #5)
Ephesians 6:1-2

If you've been counting, that's 9 of the Commandments. Which leaves only the 4th, and the most controversial by far, the Sabbath Commandment. It is very easy to prove that Paul was a keeper of the Sabbath. There are many verses that confirm this.
Acts 13:14-15
Acts 17:2
Acts 18:1-11
Acts 21:24
Acts 24:14
Acts 25:8
Luke 4:16
1 Corinthians 11:1
Hebrews 4:9

Were the Commandments given to us? Absolutely."

Kindly eat your heart out, Grail.

Oh, no need. I got this.

Well then conversation over.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus and all the Apostles Commanded All the 10 Commandments.

New Testament

First Commandment -- Matthew 4:10; Luke 4:8; Revelation 14:7
Second Commandment -- John 4:23; Acts 15:20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-20; Ephesians 5:5; Colossians 3:5
Third Commandment -- Matthew 5:33-37; 1 Timothy 6:1; James 2:7; 5:12
Fourth Commandment -- Luke 4:16; 23:55-56; Acts 17:1-2; 18:4; Hebrews 4:9; 1 John 2:6
Fifth Commandment -- Matthew 15:4-9; 19:19; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 1:29-30; Ephesians 6:1-3
Sixth Commandment -- Matthew 5:21-22; 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 1:29-30; 13:9
Seventh Commandment -- Matthew 5:27-28; 19:18; Mark 10:11-12, 19; Luke 16:18; 18:20; Romans 7:2-3; 13:9
Eighth Commandment -- Matthew 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 13:9; Ephesians 4:28; 1 Peter 4:15; Revelation 9:21
Ninth Commandment -- Matthew 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Acts 5:3-4; Romans 13:9; Ephesians 4:25
10th Commandment -- Luke 12:15; Romans 1:29; 7:7; 13:9; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians 5:3, 5

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

New Testament

Second Commandment -- John 4:23; Acts 15:20; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-20; Ephesians 5:5; Colossians 3:5
Fourth Commandment -- Luke 4:16; 23:55-56; Acts 17:1-2; 18:4; Hebrews 4:9; 1 John 2:6
Fifth Commandment -- Matthew 15:4-9; 19:19; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 1:29-30; Ephesians 6:1-3
Sixth Commandment -- Matthew 5:21-22; 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 1:29-30; 13:9
Seventh Commandment -- Matthew 5:27-28; 19:18; Mark 10:11-12, 19; Luke 16:18; 18:20; Romans 7:2-3; 13:9
Eighth Commandment -- Matthew 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Romans 13:9; Ephesians 4:28; 1 Peter 4:15; Revelation 9:21
Ninth Commandment -- Matthew 19:18; Mark 10:19; Luke 18:20; Acts 5:3-4; Romans 13:9; Ephesians 4:25
10th Commandment -- Luke 12:15; Romans 1:29; 7:7; 13:9; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21; Ephesians 5:3, 5

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GEN2REV
1st Cor. 9:20 And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, through not being myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law;

2nd Corinthians 3:7-18 But if the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones, came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was, how will the ministry of the Spirit fail to be even more with glory? For if the ministry of condemnation has glory, much more does the ministry of righteousness abound in glory. For indeed what had glory, in this case has no glory because of the glory that surpasses it. For if that which fades away was with glory, much more that which remains is in glory. Therefore having such a hope, we use great boldness in our speech, and are not like Moses, who used to put a veil over his face so that the sons of Israel would not look intently at the end of what was fading away. But their minds were hardened; for until this very day at the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains unlifted, because it is removed in Christ. But to this day whenever Moses is read, a veil lies over their heart; but whenever a person turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

Hebrew 8:13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Galatians 3:12 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us.

Galatians 3:24-26 Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Romans 4:15 for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, neither is there violation.

Romans 5:13 For until the Law sin was in the world; sin is not “imputed” when there is no Law.

Romans Chapter 6 14 For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under the law, but under grace & 18 Being then free from sin, you become the servants of righteousness.

Romans 7:6 But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

Romans 7:8 But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead.

Romans 8:1-2 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath you free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

2nd Cor. 3:3 being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone, but on tablets of human hearts.

Galatians 4:21 “Tell me, you who want to be under the law, do you not listen to the law?”

Galatians 5:3&4 And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Hebrews 10:1 For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never by the same sacrifices year by year, which they offer continually, make perfect those who draw near.

Act 13:38-39 Paul said, Therefore let it be known to you brethren, that through Him forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, and through Him everyone who believes is freed from all things, from which you could not be freed through the Law of Moses.

And a snippet for those of us that love the ECF’s
Epistle of Ignatius to the Magnesians
It is absurd to profess Christ Jesus, and to Judaize. For Christianity did not embrace Judaism, but Judaism Christianity, that so every tongue which believes might be gathered together to God

So as a whole is Judaism compatible with, or even part of Christianity? Christ did not think so.

Christ warned us that trying to mix Judaism and Christianity would ruin both.
Matthew 9:16-17 But no one puts a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; for the patch pulls away from the garment, and a worse tear results. Nor do people put new wine into old wineskins; otherwise the wineskins burst, and the wine pours out and the wineskins are ruined; But they put new wine into fresh wineskins, and both are preserved.”

Beyond the scriptures the storyline shows that Paul great adversaries were the Jews that tried to force the Jewish Law and customs on Christians. In fact the meeting in Jerusalem was because of this and Paul's objection to this was agreed to by James and he agreed that following the Law was not required. A good part of the storyline is about this. Stephen was martyred because of it.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

New Testament

As I have said the basic most elementary elements of morality will be include in the more advanced understand of morality which is Christ's teachings.

The other problem is the body of the Mosaic law that in spirit is severely inferior to Christian beliefs.
Just a few of the examples....
Of course the over all treating women as property.
Mosaic Law governed a father selling his daughters as a sex slave....concubinage.
Mosaic Law governed a father selling his daughters into polygamous relationships.
Mosaic Law governed the rules of war...kill all the breaths but keep the virgins for yourselves....and they were raped for the rest of their lives.
The Mosaic Law required if a woman was raped in the city and she did not scream, she would be killed with her raper.
The Mosaic Law if a woman was not engaged or married and she was raped, the rapist would pay for her and rape her the rest of her life.
And their is more...
It is not just the immoral laws but the spirit of the law that was seriously flawed.

Hebrew 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second.

Hebrew 8:13 In that He says, “ A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Paul referred to the Mosaic Law as the ministry of death, in letters engraved on stones, came with glory, so that the sons of Israel could not look intently at the face of Moses because of the glory of his face, fading as it was, 2nd Corinthian 3:7

Still as a whole and as a plan to bring mankind to the knowledge of a higher moral code...the Mosaic Law was a tutor but now that we have Christ's teachings of a much higher code of ethics and spirit, the Law no longer applies to Christians.

We do not have to worry about looking to the Law for ethics, for anything that was good in it, is include in Christ's teachings.

Last edited: