• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Gen2Rev,

Would like to share this with you,

A quick example:

From my understanding (it could be wrong but this is my understanding).

When it comes to hating another person it is just like the act of murdering.

The reason why is this: say someone comes up to you and tells you that so-and-so is dead to me. Is that the same thing as murder?

I believe so, however you may not believe so.

Would also like to again thank you for your time and your comments,
Matthew G.

Interesting question!

To understand this, we have to first look at mans unserdtanding, and then at Gods

For mans justice system, hating someone is not a crime. The act of hating someone in no way does any lasting physical damage, and cannot be proven in a Cort of law. Therefor for mans standards, hating is not the same as murder.

To look at Gods perspective, as much as we are able, I refer to th story of Cain and Abel. Cain hated able in his heart, and even thought to kill him. God, however, said (paraphrased)

"Be careful what you do next; sin crouches at the door, waiting like a lion to devour you."

Cain had not committed the sin of murder in the eyes of God, according to this passage, until he acted upon his murderous thoughts.

So the actual act of murder cannot be committed through thoughts alone. I do, however, believe Hate is its own sin; just not murder.

Reactions: MatthewG

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The covenant given on Mount Sinai is bondage and represents the slave woman Hagar per Galatians 4:21-31.

The ten commands given to Moses on the mountain are the letter that kills, that ministers death, and condemnation, which has passed away 2 Corinthians 3.

The two love commands replaced the ten in our new covenant.

The answer therefore is, no, the Decalogue is not for Christians.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting question!

To understand this, we have to first look at mans unserdtanding, and then at Gods

For mans justice system, hating someone is not a crime. The act of hating someone in no way does any lasting physical damage, and cannot be proven in a Cort of law. Therefor for mans standards, hating is not the same as murder.

To look at Gods perspective, as much as we are able, I refer to th story of Cain and Abel. Cain hated able in his heart, and even thought to kill him. God, however, said (paraphrased)

"Be careful what you do next; sin crouches at the door, waiting like a lion to devour you."

Cain had not committed the sin of murder in the eyes of God, according to this passage, until he acted upon his murderous thoughts.

So the actual act of murder cannot be committed through thoughts alone. I do, however, believe Hate is its own sin; just not murder.
At the same time, Christ said to hate your brother in your heart is to commit murder. So, at least my understanding, is that there is a fineness line between murder and hate. I believe this is what Christ was illuding to. If you have already DECIDED in your heart to murder, actually planned out the act and are set on seeing it through, I believe that may be considered murder in you heart as Christ referred.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMG_1369.JPG
The covenant given on Mount Sinai is bondage and represents the slave woman Hagar per Galatians 4:21-31.

The ten commands given to Moses on the mountain are the letter that kills, that ministers death, and condemnation, which has passed away 2 Corinthians 3.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gave Israel the codified version of the commandments, but it doesn't mean humans didn't already have prior knowledge of the 10 commandments and knew that they applied to all human beings. God revealed to the commandments to Israel so they would instruct other nations in keeping the same commandments(Deut. 4:6-8). This was the whole reason why God commanded them to be a holy nation(Exo. 19:6). People often overlook this critical fact because they don't look at this event within the broader historical context of the world falling into a state of apostasy under Nimrod's leadership(Rom. 1:28, Gen. 10:8-12). God always wanted everybody to keep the 10 commandments, but He chose to accomplish this goal by revealing those commandments to Israel first on account of them being Abraham's descendants through Isaac.
God Himself says this assumption is false:

“One law shall be for the native-born and for the stranger who dwells among you.” - Exo. 12:9

‘One law and one custom shall be for you and for the stranger who dwells with you.' ” -Num. 15:16

The Sabbath command itself shows God saying foreigners were equally responsible for keeping it:

“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates." - Exo. 20:8-11

It is not surprising that the same people who argue the Law wasn't for Gentiles also fail to realize that some Egyptians left Egypt with the Israelites(Exo. 12:38). And just to show the community that the Law did in fact apply to Gentiles, God had Moses record an incident where He made an example out of an Egyptian boy that blasphemed Him. I strongly suggest you and other proponents of this belief take the time to read about it in Lev. 24:10-16. I'm willing to wager that God knew "Christians" would eventually argue that the Law was only for Israelites.

Another obvious problem with the idea that the Law didn't apply to Gentiles is that proponents of such a foolish argument can't properly explain what standards God used to judge people in the Pre-Flood world, Sodom and Gomorrah, or the Canaanite cultures. Those people violated laws and commandments that clearly applied to them because the Bible mentions their actions as things that offended God.
This is another widely held(but still false) assumption. The "law" Paul refers to as being a tutor in Galatians is not the Law(Torah) as a whole, particularly because Christ clearly stated in Matt. 5:17 in very clear words that no one was to even think He came to abolish it. The "law" Paul referred to is the law concerning animal sacrifices, as Hebrews clearly reveals:

"For the law[concerning animal sacrifices], having a shadow of the good things to come[atonement through faith in Christ's sacrifice], and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they[Orthodox Jews who rejected Christ as the final sacrifice for sins] offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? For the worshipers, once purified, would have had no more consciousness of sins. But in those sacrifices there is a reminder of sins every year." - Heb. 10:1-3

Heb. 10:1-3 is why Paul said this law was a tutor in Gal. 3:24. It makes no sense to argue the Law was abolished because the whole foundation of Christianity rests on what is written in Genesis-Deuteronomy. And yes, Genesis is part of the Law.

Gentiles were without God because they didn't have knowledge of the Law, and thus they were left to their own devices having no concrete knowledge of what constituted right or wrong behavior. Possessing knowledge of the Law is what put the Israelites at a huge advantage, which Paul succinctly explains in Rom. 3:1-2. When they kept it, they had acquired all sorts of benefits, the most important of them all being a good relationship with God.

So if you live in Israel and dwell with teh Jews you can forget grace and live according to the law.

Did you see the quote? Addressed to Israel IN THE LAND and said the strangers (gentiles) are subject who DWELL with you, and DWELLS among you! Not those who live in America or Egypt.

As for the preflood world? the law had not been given yet! There was no temple or sacrificial system or priesthood, or promised land, nor the commandments written in stone which are a ministration unto death!

The law was a tutor! but as for you saying it is foolish to say the law was abolished: I give you the same apostle writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 3:23-27
King James Version

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Faith has come, so we are no longer under the tutelage of the law as our schoolmaster. Faith is out pedagogue now!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello Curits,

Thank you so much for sharing this my friend.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the same time, Christ said to hate your brother in your heart is to commit murder. So, at least my understanding, is that there is a fineness line between murder and hate. I believe this is what Christ was illuding to. If you have already DECIDED in your heart to murder, actually planned out the act and are set on seeing it through, I believe that may be considered murder in you heart as Christ referred.

Seems you are figuring things out. May God lead friend.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if you live in Israel and dwell with teh Jews you can forget grace and live according to the law.

Did you see the quote? Addressed to Israel IN THE LAND and said the strangers (gentiles) are subject who DWELL with you, and DWELLS among you! Not those who live in America or Egypt.

As for the preflood world? the law had not been given yet! There was no temple or sacrificial system or priesthood, or promised land, nor the commandments written in stone which are a ministration unto death!

The law was a tutor! but as for you saying it is foolish to say the law was abolished: I give you the same apostle writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

Galatians 3:23-27
King James Version

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Faith has come, so we are no longer under the tutelage of the law as our schoolmaster. Faith is out pedagogue now!
The same author you are quoting kept ALL the 10 Commandments and taught ALL to do the same.

Previously posted by GEN2REV in post #67

"Throughout Paul's ministry, he addressed each and every Commandment and made clear that we all should obey them. Clearly, he believed that they were given to all mankind.

Nobody can sin if the 10 Commandments were not given to the entire world 'til the end of time. For sin is the breaking of the Law, the breaking of any of the 10 Commandments.

Paul addresses each of the 10 Commandments as follows:

Idolatry (Commandments #1 & #2), Adultery (#7), Theft and Coveting (#8 & #10)
1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Paul states here, in no uncertain terms, that those who do these things, EVEN TODAY, will not inherit the kingdom of God. "DO NOT BE DECEIVED ..." he says.

Here, he repeats the Commandments against Idolatry and Adultery and presents the sin of Murder. (Commandment #6)
Galatians 5:19-21

Next, Paul addresses the sins of Lying and Taking the Lord's Name in vain. (Commandments #9 & #3)
Colossians 3:5-9

Next, he emphasizes the Commandment to Honor thy father and thy mother. (Commandment #5)
Ephesians 6:1-2

If you've been counting, that's 9 of the Commandments. Which leaves only the 4th, and the most controversial by far, the Sabbath Commandment. It is very easy to prove that Paul was a keeper of the Sabbath. There are many verses that confirm this.
Acts 13:14-15
Acts 17:2
Acts 18:1-11
Acts 21:24
Acts 24:14
Acts 25:8
Luke 4:16
1 Corinthians 11:1
Hebrews 4:9

Were the Commandments given to us? Absolutely."

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Ten Commandments is an incredible topic, in that how misunderstandings can last for millenniums.
The power of that misunderstanding and its influence even today...even though in part are contrary to Christians beliefs.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Grailhunter,

Thank you for posting friend. Are there any thoughts you may be willing to share with everyone here?

Friend in Christ,
Matthew G.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Throughout Paul's ministry, he addressed each and every Commandment and made clear that we all should obey them. Clearly, he believed that they were given to all mankind.

Yes but they were obeyed in teh new covenant life, not in the old. I obey 65 miles/hour in Massachusetts because it is Mass. law not California law.

Clearly it wasn't given to mankind. If it was God would have told Moses these are for everyone EVERTYWHERE, not just for teh gentiles in the land.

And BTW: only 9of the 10 commandments were reissued in the New- the Sabbath wasn't for gentiles at all!

And remember Paul said the law is no longer our schoolmaster and that teh ten commandments are a ministry of death, not life.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you've been counting, that's 9 of the Commandments. Which leaves only the 4th, and the most controversial by far, the Sabbath Commandment. It is very easy to prove that Paul was a keeper of the Sabbath. There are many verses that confirm this.
Acts 13:14-15
Acts 17:2
Acts 18:1-11
Acts 21:24
Acts 24:14
Acts 25:8
Luke 4:16
1 Corinthians 11:1
Hebrews 4:9

Paul was a Jew, of course He obeyed the law. But He never imposed it on the gentiles. He never forbade gentiles against pork or shellfish or wearing ther beards a certain way or establishing sanctuary cities or temple sacrifices. As a matter of fact when before the Jerusalem council (which Paul went to because Judaizers were trying to convert gentile Christians to Jewish Christianity) the decision was to refrain from idolatry, fornication, eating blood.

Paul not once told gentiles to keep the Sabbath. On the contrary, He believed we had entered into Sabbath rest as th ewroter of Hebrews said.

Paul in every city sought the synagogue to preach and of course it would be on the Sabbath, for that is when the Jews would gather!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Grailhunter,

Thank you for posting friend. Are there any thoughts you may be willing to share with everyone here?

Friend in Christ,
Matthew G.
Will the real set of Ten Commandments, please stand up!
Believe it or not this is the short version of this explanation.

Exodus chapter 20
The event: The Hebrews / Israelites, are at Mt Sinai, God speaks from the mountain to the nation of Israel. After God speaks the first ten the people freaked. Then after they calm down and step back a distance then God continues on with four more, and then continues on to the ordinances. So during this event there are fourteen summaries of Laws, not ten. From there the confusion starts. Another thing to consider, is that at this event God does not call them commandments.

Exodus 20:3-17.....................Exodus 24:4-12..................Deuteronomy 5:7-21

Exodus chapter 20
1. “You shall have no other gods before Me.

2. “You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing loving kindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.”

3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain.

4 “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath of the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.

5. “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the Lord your God gives you.

6. “You shall not murder.

7. “You shall not commit adultery.

8. “You shall not steal.

9. “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10. “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife or his male servant or his female servant or his ox or his donkey or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

This list of ethical codes are also listed in Deuteronomy 5:7-21. But neither are directly referenced as the Ten Commandments, which adds to the confusion. After speaking the first 14 Law summaries, God continues to speak and goes into other sections of the Laws, Laws concerning slaves, (which included concubinage) Laws concerning personal injury, Laws concerning theft, Laws concerning property—physical and living, Laws concerning morality, Laws concerning civil and religious obligations, and Laws concerning conquests and wars. Moses than spoke these Laws to the people and then he wrote them down. He refers to this as the book of the covenant, not commandments.

The summaries in Chapter 20 are explained in full detail in the body of the 613 Mosaic Laws. This is one of reasons that we know they are summaries because they are explained in more detail later. The Mosaic Law does not repeat itself.

Exodus 24:4-12
Moses wrote down all the words of the Lord. Then he arose early in the morning, and built an altar at the foot of the mountain with twelve pillars for the twelve tribes of Israel. He sent young men of the sons of Israel, and they offered burnt offerings and sacrificed young bulls as peace offerings to the Lord. Moses took half of the blood and put it in basins, and the other half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar. Then he took the book of the covenant and read it in the hearing of the people; and they said, “All that the Lord has spoken we will do, and we will be obedient!” So Moses took the blood and sprinkled it on the people, and said, “Behold the blood of the covenant, which the Lord has made with you in accordance with all these words.” Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they saw God, and they ate and drank. Now the Lord said to Moses, “Come up to Me on the mountain and the remain there, and I will give you the stone tablets with the law and the commandment which I have written for their instruction.”

Now everyone knows, the first set of tablets did not end well. In the first instance, God made the tablets and wrote the Laws on them. That did not occur with the second trip that Moses made to Mt Sinai. Moses made the tablets.

In Exodus 34:11-28, here are the only Laws that God calls the Ten Commandments and He refers to the tablets as the Two Tablets of the Testimony. So in verse 34:11 God says, “Be sure to observe what I am commanding you this day: behold, I am going to drive out the Amorite before you, and the Canaanite, the Hittite, the Perizzite, the Hivite and the Jebusite. Then He goes on to state the Ten Commandments.

1. Watch yourself that you make no covenant with the inhabitants of the land into which you are going, or it will become a snare in your midst. But rather, you are to tear down their altars and smash their sacred pillars and cut down their Asherim.

2. for you shall not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God—otherwise you might make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land and they would play the harlot with their gods and sacrifice to their gods, and someone might invite you to eat of his sacrifice, and you might take some of his daughters for your sons, and his daughters might play the harlot with their gods and cause your sons also to play the harlot with their gods.

3. You shall make for yourself no molten gods.

4. You shall observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread. For seven days you are to eat unleavened bread, as I commanded you, at the appointed time in the month of Abib, for in the month of Abib you came out of Egypt.

5. The first offspring from every womb belongs to Me, and all your male livestock, the first offspring from cattle and sheep. You shall redeem with a lamb the first offspring from a donkey; and if you do not redeem it, then you shall break its neck. You shall redeem all the firstborn of your sons. None shall appear before Me empty-handed.

6. You shall work six days, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during plowing time and harvest you shall rest.

7. You shall celebrate the Feast of Weeks, that is, the first fruits of the wheat harvest, and the Feast of Ingathering at the turn of the year.

8. Three times a year all your males are to appear before the Lord God, the God of Israel. For I will drive out nations before you and enlarge your borders, and no man shall covet your land when you go up three times a year to appear before the Lord your God.

9. You shall not offer the blood of My sacrifice with leavened bread, nor is the sacrifice of the Feast of the Passover to be left over until morning.

10. You shall bring the very first of the first fruits of your soil into the house of the Lord your God. You shall not boil a young goat in its mother’s milk.”

Just as a matter of trivia…the meaning of “You shall not boil a young goat in its mothers milk…is not agreed upon. It is repeated a few times in different contexts.

Then in the next verse, verse 27 God said to Moses, “Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.” So he (Moses) was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did not eat bread or drink water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments. And they are not the same as the summary of Laws in Chapter 20.

613 Mosaic Laws....Like the Mosaic Laws, some of the 10 summary of laws are not applicable to Christianity and even are contrary to the beliefs of Christianity. For example; The prohibition against engraved images...pictures, paintings, billboards, TV, smart phones, etc...we blow that out of the water, even in church. We have what the early Christians called the Lord Day....we do not have an actual sabbath and it was on Saturday, not Sunday. The prohibition for coveting includes a man's wife in his list of property, which was entirely appropriate in the Old Covenant but does not agree with Christian morals.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but they were obeyed in teh new covenant life, not in the old.
So, you're saying Paul obeyed the 10 Commandments in his heart, but outwardly he broke them regularly?
Clearly it wasn't given to mankind. If it was God would have told Moses these are for everyone EVERTYWHERE, not just for teh gentiles in the land.
1. If they weren't given to everyone, everywhere, then how can everyone sin? Sin is the breaking of the 10 Commandments of God.
2. If everyone, everywhere could not break the Commandments, why did Jesus die on the Cross?
3. Is there a verse in the Bible where God told Moses that the Commandments were only for the gentiles in the land?
And BTW: only 9of the 10 commandments were reissued in the New- the Sabbath wasn't for gentiles at all!
The 4th, as well as all the other Commandments, were given to everybody from Genesis 2:2 to this very day; all the examples of Paul preaching on the Sabbath are clear evidence that it was the ONLY day ever acknowledged as a day of worship set forth by God.
Paul was a Jew, of course He obeyed the law. But He never imposed it on the gentiles. He never forbade gentiles against pork or shellfish or wearing ther beards a certain way or establishing sanctuary cities or temple sacrifices. As a matter of fact when before the Jerusalem council (which Paul went to because Judaizers were trying to convert gentile Christians to Jewish Christianity) the decision was to refrain from idolatry, fornication, eating blood.
These are not the 10 Commandments. These are Jewish Mosaic Law.
Paul not once told gentiles to keep the Sabbath. On the contrary, He believed we had entered into Sabbath rest as th ewroter of Hebrews said.
If Paul believed this, he wouldn't have LIVED the example of observing the Sabbath EVERY Sabbath, just exactly as our Lord and Savior did; as their CUSTOM - their WAY.
(Paul) Acts 17:2
(Jesus) Luke 4:16[/QUOTE]
Paul in every city sought the synagogue to preach and of course it would be on the Sabbath, for that is when the Jews would gather!
Yes.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. If they weren't given to everyone, everywhere, then how can everyone sin? Sin is the breaking of the 10 Commandments of God.
2. If everyone, everywhere could not break the Commandments, why did Jesus die on the Cross?
3. Is there a verse in the Bible where God told Moses that the Commandments were only for the gentiles in the land?

We sin because by nature we are born with a sin nature.

Instead of philosophizing- look at what Paul said of all the gentiles in the OT:

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Prior to the birth of the

church gentiles as gentiles had no hope of salvation---ALL were lost.

I posterd and you posted the verses that showed th elaw was for Jews and the Gentiles that DWELT with them.

These are not the 10 Commandments. These are Jewish Mosaic Law.

And the Ten written in stone which minister death are part of the Jewish Mosaic Law! It is conisdered one whole unit!

Man divided the law into parts- God didn't.

If Paul believed this, he wouldn't have LIVED the example of observing the Sabbath EVERY Sabbath, just exactly as our Lord and Savior did; as their CUSTOM - their WAY.
(Paul) Acts 17:2
(Jesus) Luke 4:16
[/QUOTE]

THEIR CUSTPM, THEIR WAY. NOt the way of the Gentiles. You will find Paul condemning th eJusaizers for forcing the gastalians to keep the sabbaths. Never was the Jewish Sabbath imposed on the chruch1

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the Ten written in stone which minister death are part of the Jewish Mosaic Law! It is considered one whole unit!
Not sure how you justify that when God only wrote TEN in Stone and Jesus ridiculed the Pharisees and Sadducees for keeping the other 600+ so strictly. That's pretty significant.
Man divided the law into parts- God didn't.
You got THAT right.
Man certainly did divide the 10 Commandments later, surgically removing the 4th Commandment.
THEIR CUSTOM, THEIR WAY. ... Never was the Jewish Sabbath imposed on the chruch!
Jesus observed the Sabbath, Paul did, all the Apostles did, and those who followed, for the next few centuries after Jesus' death. That's why His disciples stopped preparing His body for burial, AFTER He had died, was because the Sabbath was upon them. Clearly, it was NOT nailed to the Cross.

We won't turn this thread into another Sabbath debate though. Agree to disagree.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure how you justify that when God only wrote TEN in Stone and Jesus ridiculed the Pharisees and Sadducees for keeping the other 600+ so strictly. That's pretty significant.

Well Paul under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit said this abo t the ten written in stone:

2 Corinthians 3:7
But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

This is significant.
You got THAT right.
Man certainly did divide the 10 Commandments later, surgically removing the 4th Commandment.

No man divided the 613 Mosaic command of which the ten are a part of. It was divided so:

MoRAL LAW (THE TEN)
cCVIL LAW
CEREMONIAL LAW

But as for the Sabbath?

Exodus 31:13
Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

Exodus 31:14
Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Do you kill people who defile the Sabbath? Why not- it is commanded!

Exodus 31:16
Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

The Sabbath was given to Israel, not to the world. You cannot find one passage that says the Sabbath is for all people.

Paul in Galatians said this:

9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Days mean Sabbath days.

Now having said all that, I preach obedience with a passion. but I do not preach it so people may get saved, stay saved, maintain their salvation, or have God more pleased with them. I preach obedience because we are saved, we are eternally secure in our salvation, and god is fully pleased with us eternally because of Jesus and not what we do!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Paul under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit said this abo t the ten written in stone:

2 Corinthians 3:7
But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

This is significant.

No man divided the 613 Mosaic command of which the ten are a part of. It was divided so:

MoRAL LAW (THE TEN)
cCVIL LAW
CEREMONIAL LAW

But as for the Sabbath?

Exodus 31:13
Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.

Exodus 31:14
Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Do you kill people who defile the Sabbath? Why not- it is commanded!

Exodus 31:16
Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.

The Sabbath was given to Israel, not to the world. You cannot find one passage that says the Sabbath is for all people.

Paul in Galatians said this:

9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?

10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Days mean Sabbath days.

Now having said all that, I preach obedience with a passion. but I do not preach it so people may get saved, stay saved, maintain their salvation, or have God more pleased with them. I preach obedience because we are saved, we are eternally secure in our salvation, and god is fully pleased with us eternally because of Jesus and not what we do!
"Think not that I am come to destroy the Law (10 Commandments), ... I am not come to destroy but to fulfill (uphold/confirm them). ... Whosoever ... shall break one of these ... commandments, and shall teach men so, ... shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: ... whosoever shall do and teach them, ... shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 5:17, 19

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was a Jew, of course He obeyed the law.
Is this also why Jesus obeyed the 10 Commandments?

Did Jesus sin in His lifetime, Ron?
Paul not once told gentiles to keep the Sabbath.
Paul taught all the Commandments that he, himself, upheld.
Correct