Westboro Baptist Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
People don't see how God loves....They become religious partisans like the religious people in Jesus' day. They get offended at the love of Jesus and stand against Him.

We have been shown both mercy AND grace. At least I sure have. But I am not against God who loves others and has mercy on others. I am glad for it.

Jesus died for the sins of the world but not future sins? :confused:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I give you to God...perhaps He will show you mercy....unlike how you do for others.

God already has me. He most definitely has and does show me mercy, as I need it. I myself have no mercy for those who twist the Scriptures and creating lies about the righteousness of God.

Stranger

Nov 2, 2016
USA
You need both the indwelling Christ AND to put ON Christ...under His wings. Only then is the potential of life DRAWN out of your spirit to flood your soul to overflowing with love and peace...of the eternal kind.

If more people knew this...perhaps...

In order to put ON Christ wouldn't you have to have Him in the first place? 1 Jhn 5:9-14

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like sins we haven't committed tomorrow since we haven't reached tomorrow yet?

future definition - Google Search

Doesn't make sense. You said Jesus died for the sins of the world. So, establish a timeline. Think about this. There is no one alive today whose sins were not future, when Christ died. So, where do you establish a 'past and future point'. How did He die for the sins of the world, if all sins were not involved?

I'm checking out now. I want to watch the Longhorns and USC. Think hard about this, and I will get back tomorrow.

Stranger

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Doesn't make sense. You said Jesus died for the sins of the world. So, establish a timeline. Think about this. There is no one alive today whose sins were not future, when Christ died. So, where do you establish a 'past and future point'. How did He die for the sins of the world, if all sins were not involved?

I'm checking out now. I want to watch the Longhorns and USC. Think hard about this, and I will get back tomorrow.

Stranger

Leave it to a forum to complicate the definition of future, lol.

Rom 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

melló: to be about to
Original Word: μέλλω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: melló
Phonetic Spelling: (mel'-lo)
Short Definition: I am about to
Definition: I intend, am about to; I delay, linger.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In order to put ON Christ wouldn't you have to have Him in the first place? 1 Jhn 5:9-14

yes...we usually need to go to God after regeneration for the fullness of grace. Although some may receive the full measure of grace at the beginning.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
yes...we usually need to go to God after regeneration for the fullness of grace. Although some may receive the full measure of grace at the beginning.

Ok, so if you're truly born again why are you depending on yourself rather than the finished work of the cross.

Reactions: Helen

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok, so if you're truly born again why are you depending on yourself rather than the finished work of the cross.

Going to God is the opposite of depending on yourself. Because of the cross we have access to God. So why are you so afraid about going to God?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is automatic upon belief. Why do you think the truth is hated so much, why Christians are persecuted so much.

Are you serious? Christians are being persecuted because they do nothing? You are not in touch with reality.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Leave it to a forum to complicate the definition of future, lol.

Rom 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

melló: to be about to
Original Word: μέλλω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: melló
Phonetic Spelling: (mel'-lo)
Short Definition: I am about to
Definition: I intend, am about to; I delay, linger.

It is you that have complicated 'future'.

I believe (Rom. 8:38-39) completely. For some reason you are saying because nothing can separate us from the love of God, either past or future, that means Jesus didn't die for sins yet future.

Makes no sense. Future of what? The Cross? So everyone who lived after the cross, Christ didn't die for their sins?

Stranger

D

Dave L

Are you stuck in a rut....are you a robot that just spews out the same verses out over and over again? Many robots visit the site. I wondered about how the robots did it.
“God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.” (Romans 3:4)

D

Dave L

No one is so good that they never sin...no not one for all have sinned. The flesh is weak.
But even good works are sin if not done in faith.
“And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.” (Romans 14:23)

D

Dave L

Here is a verse in the NT that shows that you don't understand...

Luke 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

They were not even Christian...
They believed God's promise and God considered it righteousness, just as he did with Abraham.
“For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.” (Romans 4:3)