What’s wrong with Personal Sanctification?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There people who may not understand what sanctification is.

holiness, sanctification.
From hagiazo; properly, purification, i.e. (the state) purity; concretely (by Hebraism) a purifier -- holiness, sanctification.

see GREEK hagiazo

1 Corinthians 1:30
It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

Personal sanctification, is by and through the Lord Yeshua, which once you have the Holy Spirit and fire within you, it tends to start breaking down the darkness within. Your prior life, from the old person you use to be, will grow into a “new created person” in Christ!

This doesn’t mean you just stop having issues, however there is a purification process being done within believers who seek out God and put him first. Let me address that this doesn’t make a person better than others - far from it - this process make you personally more useful to God. As you continue to be settled and grounded in faith, if you do not lose heart, or become choked out by the world.

At the end of life you will be rewarded spiritually for what you let Yahavah do through you in loving him, and loving others along the way, even in ridicule or humiliation, or made fun of for just standing up for what is right and correct. You allow God to work through you, by the spirit, building spiritual rewards in heaven.

”Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!“
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭19‬-‭23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just reading the word perfect makes me think of a perfect flesh. What perfect means is complete, mature. To handle situations in mature manners. To be complete in our trust and faith of Yahavah being there for us.

complete, perfect, mature
From telos; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with ho) completeness -- of full age, man, perfect.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just reading the word perfect makes me think of a perfect flesh. What perfect means is complete, mature. To handle situations in mature manners. To be complete in our trust and faith of Yahavah being there for us.

complete, perfect, mature
From telos; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with ho) completeness -- of full age, man, perfect.
My faith is in Jesus, not Yahavah.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word came from God, who has a name, too. :)
Then why isn't Yahavah in the Bible? Why don't you just write your own bible to make you happy instead of constantly attacking the Christian Bible like the Devil.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We are all called to become perfect and holy. We are called to become saints.

what you are expressing is the Catholic Misunderstanding-Mythology... As the cult of mary wants to determine if you BECOME a saint.

How do they do that?

Well, if you are Joan of Arc, they BURN YOU alive, and then later they decide "oh she's a Saint".

So, @augustine56, there is your cult of mary and how they treat their "saints'.

Also...

Every born again believer is already a Saint

Every born again again believer, is a heir of God.

A Joint Heir with Christ

A Temple of the Holy Spirit

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what you are expressing is the Catholic Misunderstanding-Mythology... As the cult of mary wants to determine if you BECOME a saint.

How do they do that?

Well, if you are Joan of Arc, they BURN YOU alive, and then later they decide "oh she's a Saint".

So, @augustine56, there is your cult of mary and how they treat their "saints'.

Also...

Every born again believer is already a Saint

Every born again again believer, is a heir of God.

A Joint Heir with Christ

A Temple of the Holy Spirit
Sorry, but I can't help you if you aren't serious or open to the truth. All you've demonstrated is that you are ignorant of what the Catholic Church is and teaches, probably because you've been lied to and misled. Many well-educated Protestant pastors and members have converted to Catholicism and overcome their prejudices by honestly seeking the truth. They were very surprised to learn that the Catholic Church really is Christ's Church, and that it does teach His teachings. Many were angry that they had been lied to and misled. (Conversion Stories Archives - The Coming Home Network)

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why isn't Yahavah in the Bible? Why don't you just write your own bible to make you happy instead of constantly attacking the Christian Bible like the Devil.
It is in the Bible. YHVH, some bibles may have YHWH. YHVH, is how I’m basing Gods name as Yahavah. God sent his Word down, that was Jesus named Immanuel who was God with us. He was the very expressed image of God, and moved down to being a human being. However within the Lord Jesus was the very Word of God, Gods Holy Spirit too. It’s amazing. And I’m thankful Jesus by the spoken Word of God was the one whom created all things.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Sorry, but I can't help you if you aren't serious or open to the truth. All you've demonstrated is that you are ignorant of what the Catholic Church is and teaches,

Ive proven that once your cult of mary is exposed, you can't do anything about it.

you ddint even know that before it was re-titled "Catholic Church" it was titled the "cult of mary" by your so-called "church fathers"

Learn some history about that situation in Ephesus, about 4-5 AD

So, its you who knows nothing about your own cult.
You are a typical cult of mary, who can only cut and past "church fathers", as your idea of Truth.

And that is not the Truth as found in the word.
Even your JEROME, is the very reason that the Protestant (Real Body of Christ) is here.
It was Martin Luther who as a bible translator, read the changes that Jerome had created regarding his Translation that were Jerome's own theology.
Let me give you an example... @Augustin56 .

Jerome MISTRANSLATED "repentance" as PENANCE, and you have been doing it ever since, and that is just ONE of the terrible changes that JEROME made that caused Martin Luther to REALIZE that he was in a CULT.

So Martin Luther LEFT all that behind, to pursue real Christianity.

Welcome to real cult of mary history.

And i noted that you had nothing to say regarding the HISTORY of Joan of Arc, whom your cult BURNED and later "canonized", as THEIR SAINT.

Isn't that PATHETIC?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is in the Bible. YHVH, some bibles may have YHWH. YHVH, is how I’m basing Gods name as Yahavah. God sent his Word down, that was Jesus named Immanuel who was God with us. He was the very expressed image of God, and moved down to being a human being. However within the Lord Jesus was the very Word of God, Gods Holy Spirit too. It’s amazing. And I’m thankful Jesus by the spoken Word of God was the one whom created all things.
Who told you you're a Hebrew expert? You maybe? You're LYING to yourself Matt! There is no Yahavah in the Christian Bible. Why do you constantly reject our Christian Bible and profess to be Christian???

Last edited:

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive proven that once your cult of mary is exposed, you can't do anything about it.

you ddint even know that before it was re-titled "Catholic Church" it was titled the "cult of mary" by your so-called "church fathers"

Learn some history about that situation in Ephesus, about 4-5 AD

So, its you who knows nothing about your own cult.
You are a typical cult of mary, who can only cut and past "church fathers", as your idea of Truth.

And that is not the Truth as found in the word.
Even your JEROME, is the very reason that the Protestant (Real Body of Christ) is here.
It was Martin Luther who as a bible translator, read the changes that Jerome had created regarding his Translation that were Jerome's own theology.
Let me give you an example... @Augustin56 .

Jerome MISTRANSLATED "repentance" as PENANCE, and you have been doing it ever since, and that is just ONE of the terrible changes that JEROME made that caused Martin Luther to REALIZE that he was in a CULT.

So Martin Luther LEFT all that behind, to pursue real Christianity.

Welcome to real cult of mary history.

And i noted that you had nothing to say regarding the HISTORY of Joan of Arc, whom your cult BURNED and later "canonized", as THEIR SAINT.

Isn't that PATHETIC?
You haven't proven anything, other than that you believe your own personal views of things. I am lacking the patience to be a good teacher. Knowing something well and teaching it are two entirely different things. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't even know where to begin with you, to get your thoughts straightened out. Protestantism didn't show up until the 16th century. Way, way late in the game. And all of a sudden, we're supposed to believe that one of the tens of thousands of man-made institutions suddenly figured things out, apart from the constant, 2000 year-old teachings of the Catholic Church given her by Christ? Really?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who told you you're a Hebrew expert? You maybe? You're LYING to yourself Matt! There is no Yahavah in the Christian Bible. Why do you constantly reject our Christian Bible and profess to be Christian??
Love you.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who told you you're a Hebrew expert? You maybe? You're LYING to yourself Matt! There is no Yahavah in the Christian Bible. Why do you constantly reject our Christian Bible and profess to be Christian???
Here you go. Exodus 3:15

And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, יְהוָה, God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

You tell me: The eternal name of God, the Hebrew word I highlighted, how do YOU pronounce it?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
holiness, sanctification.
From hagiazo; properly, purification, i.e. (the state) purity; concretely (by Hebraism) a purifier -- holiness, sanctification
To get back on topic...

I'm not sure I agree with that definition of holiness. Holiness is about separating something apart from this world for God's use.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To get back on topic...

I'm not sure I agree with that definition of holiness. Holiness is about separating something apart from this world for God's use.
You may be thinking of Hagios.

40 hágios – properly, different (unlike), other("otherness"), holy; for the believer, 40 (hágios) means "likeness of nature with the Lord" because "different from the world."

The fundamental (core) meaning of 40 (hágios) is "different" – thus a temple in the 1st century was hagios ("holy") because different from other buildings (Wm. Barclay). In the NT, 40 /hágios("holy") has the "technical" meaning "differentfrom the world" because "like the Lord."

[40 (hágios) implies something "set apart" and therefore "different (distinguished/distinct)" – i.e. "other," because special to the Lord.]

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may be thinking of Hagios.
"Hagios" is the adjective form; "hagiazo" is the verb. "To make holy" is the first definition. :)

"Separating from this age" of course means separating from the sin thing. Can't argue in favor of sin. There are other things that are not sinful but are part of this age; some are called to that life. But being "separated for God" can also mean being called for God's use HERE, in THIS age.

And of course, each person's calling is unique. Let's not forget that.