What about Hell ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Gehenna and Hades are mentioned in the n.t. then and they were translated as hell.

um, ok, so then find a better translation, or read from the Lex, or reflect upon why Greek mythology is being quoted and mistranslated in the Bible, or understand what "Hades" reps, any one of these will lead to the truth about hell. God is the All Consuming fire, and Meshak et al have something to say here as well imo. Pure gold is impervious to fire, fire does not change pure gold.

Another reflection here is our definition of "eternity," which does not line up with God's imo.

Reactions: amadeus

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

um, ok, so then find a better translation, or read from the Lex, or reflect upon why Greek mythology is being quoted and mistranslated in the Bible, or understand what "Hades" reps, any one of these will lead to the truth about hell. God is the All Consuming fire, and Meshak et al have something to say here as well imo. Pure gold is impervious to fire, fire does not change pure gold.

Another reflection here is our definition of "eternity," which does not line up with God's imo.
I had done a little study on this about two years ago.
I have notes on what each word translated as hell really is from the original Greek.
As far as Greek mythology...do you think Jesus didn't speak of hell?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
imo this interest is intrinsic to the belief that God somehow messed up, or that there is a "glitch in the system," and a reply on the 'fasting' question would allow us to view from another perception here.
No.
I'm truly not interested in this.
The reason I had done the study, if it could be called that, is because a local priest apologized at Mass, because the church has made a mistake about representing hell the way it has.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I had done a little study on this about two years ago.
I have notes on what each word translated as hell really is from the original Greek.
As far as Greek mythology...do you think Jesus didn't speak of hell?
i think there is no concept of punishment in Hades mythology, and i also think Greek mythology is being invoked in the NT by Jesus for a reason. Perspectives are being manipulated and revealed in this. But to answer your Q, and with all that in mind, i would say yes. And no. Sorry, i know that is not very satisfying, but i am speaking to a perspective here, see, and it is the perspective that needs adjustment, not the truth.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No.
I'm truly not interested in this.
yes, i already knew that, and i sure mean no judgement here, but understand the point.
Changing your perspective is hard, it is not really something one might do "if they are smart enough" or whatever, only with the mind. Mind = perspective, in this sense. Fasting is a great way, an essential way to get a different perspective, a different mind.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
4de406d49935af88523c6256568a77ac--spurgeon-quotes-the-angel.jpg

Reactions: bbyrd009

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, i really do not like The doctrine of Hell and i hope for the salvation of all - in fact, i believe it is right to pray for the salvation of everyone, but i cannot dismiss the existence of Hell AND claim the Bible as authoritative.

Reactions: tabletalk and FHII

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, i really do not like The doctrine of Hell and i hope for the salvation of all - in fact, i believe it is right to pray for the salvation of everyone, but i cannot dismiss the existence of Hell AND claim the Bible as authoritative.

You needn't worry about that, there are a few here who don't claim the Bible as authoritative at all, so denying the existence of hell won't be a problem for them. Wanna talk about easy believe-ism, well a non-existent hell is the definition of it for Christianity.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
if you dig a pit for someone else, you end up in it yourself, right. And Moses was tested in this same manner, asked if he would not like to be the "father" of a new race. It seems that most people would say 'yes' where he said 'no.' I'll take my chances as a "heretic," before God.