What am I not hearing within the Christian world at the moment?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Repentance?

Do I get an Amen?

Do I read why they have not repented?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Repentance?

Do I get an Amen?

lol....maybe they feel no need for repentance.......maybe it it'll empty the Churches and who would countenance that!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Repentance?

Do I get an Amen?

Should that not be WE, and not 'they'...we are all part of the One Body. We are a collective body.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Should that not be WE, and not 'they'...we are all part of the One Body. We are a collective body.

I am asking a hypothetical question from the perspective of an outsider's observations of what is presently going on with respect to prophecy as found in Jeremiah 51:9 14.

Jeremiah 51:9-14: - 9 We would have healed Babylon,
But she is not healed.
Forsake her, and let us go everyone to his own country;
For her judgment reaches to heaven and is lifted up to the skies.​
10 The Lord has revealed our righteousness.
Come and let us declare in Zion the work of the Lord our God.​
11 Make the arrows bright!
Gather the shields!
The Lord has raised up the spirit of the kings of the Medes.
For His plan is against Babylon to destroy it,
Because it is the vengeance of the Lord,
The vengeance for His temple.​

12 Set up the standard on the walls of Babylon;
Make the guard strong,
Set up the watchmen,
Prepare the ambushes.
For the Lord has both devised and done
What He spoke against the inhabitants of Babylon.​
13 O you who dwell by many waters,
Abundant in treasures,
Your end has come,
The measure of your covetousness.​
14 The Lord of hosts has sworn by Himself:
"Surely I will fill you with men, as with locusts,
And they shall lift up a shout against you.
"​

Perhaps the reading of chapters 50 & 51 may be in order to understand the underlying context of the Prophecy quoted above.

However, if I am part of the Body and have not considered this prophecy, quoted above, and responded appropriately, then I should also be included as one of the many who should be making the appropriate response to the consequences of the above prophecy.

From my perspective, I have made noises about the above portion of the Jeremiah prophecies contained within chapter 50-51.

From the perspective of my Australian Household, I made no noises in 2001, against my PM who was encouraging your President to go to war against those responsible for manifesting the three foul frog like spirits on 9/11. As such I am as guilty as my PM for not speaking out against what was being proposed in retaliation at that time.

We did not do as God wanted us to do concerning Remembering Babylon. Instead the Coalition of the willing went into Babylon to Heal the Land instead of destroying it because of the oil underneath.

Shalom

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repentance?

Do I get an Amen?

How do you define “ Repentance ?” Many people are “ Repenting” their way to Hell.They think
“Repenting Of Sins” is how one gets saved ....no.... THAT is how One becomes damned .....That is why “ Repent Of Sins to be Saved” is not found in the KJV Bible.

I have a long- standing offer to you or Anybody: Show me where my above claim is wrong and I will send you $1000...... good luck!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have a long- standing offer to you or Anybody: Show me where my above claim is wrong and I will send you $1000...... good luck!
This statement from Peter shows that you are wrong: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38)
Then Peter followed up with another matching statement (Acts 3:19)
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

So send your $1,000 to St. Peter immediately (or his surrogate at the Vatican). St. Peter's Basilica needs some fixing up (perhaps). They could use the cash.

Christians should stop making foolish and unbiblical comments. Repentance is for the remission of sins, and faith towards Christ is for the justification of the sinner by grace through faith.

Reactions: amigo de christo

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah right, you're the one who calls people fools.
Matthew 5:22 (NKJV)
22 Whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.

And you're the one who wants people to burn in Hell forever and ever.

Reactions: amigo de christo

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How do you define “ Repentance ?” Many people are “ Repenting” their way to Hell.They think
“Repenting Of Sins” is how one gets saved ....no.... THAT is how One becomes damned .....That is why “ Repent Of Sins to be Saved” is not found in the KJV Bible.

I think it is forgotten that the 'right method' is just another method among the many. It is also forgotten that Salvation is easier than imagined.......the flaw being mens imagination. Men want to determine who is in and who is out ....they'll even wager on it......even while the scripture tells us that Jesus died for the ungodly.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah right, you're the one who calls people fools.
Matthew 5:22 (NKJV)
22 Whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.

And you're the one who wants people to burn in Hell forever and ever.
And that is absolutely terrifying for bb .

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This statement from Peter shows that you are wrong: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38)
Then Peter followed up with another matching statement (Acts 3:19)
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

So send your $1,000 to St. Peter immediately (or his surrogate at the Vatican). St. Peter's Basilica needs some fixing up (perhaps). They could use the cash.

Christians should stop making foolish and unbiblical comments. Repentance is for the remission of sins, and faith towards Christ is for the justification of the sinner by grace through faith.

Sorry, no cigar...the Catholic “ Church” needs money like Carter needs Liver Pills....

Notice Peter did NOT say “ Repent Of SINS”......To Repent means to “ change your mind” ....they though Jesus was just a man - a Sinful man worthy of crucifixion .....they needed to “ change their minds” about who Jesus was and what he had done for them .....the way you understand Repentance will Save no one.....if it was Sorrow and regret for Sin, Judas would be in Heaven today ....he ain’t.Anybody that regrets their sins and vows to “ do better” May become a more “ Moral” person. That would be a positive thing..... it just won’t save him....
God says that if we will “ Turn to Him” and put our COMPLETE TRUST in His Son to Save us....He will Save us “ to the uttermost”....That “ Turn to Him” part? THAT is the only Repentance that will Save you....
Unbelievers In Jesus? REPENT! CHANGE YOUR MIND about Jesus —- Believe He died for your Sins and rose from the Dead....THAT is the Gospel Of Paul, given to him personally by Jesus , that is the means of Salvation—- NOT the regretting of your sins and you gritting your teeth, thinking now you will “Turn over a New Leaf” and once and for all “live the Christian life” and improve your Performance so that you will be “ Worthy” to get to Heaven. Sorry. That is Satan’s Lie . No amount of even the most “ sincere” sorrow for Sin and the determination to do something about it finally, will ever make you “ Worthy” Of Eternal Life .....We are “ MADE WORTHY” by the Blood Of The Lamb....
If you think ” Repenting Of your sins “ is going to save you—- you had better REPENT of your “Repentance”......Two Things Save us...#1 Christ’s Blood. #2 Our Trust in #1.........
We do not Turn “ FROM “ Sin for Salvation —- We Turn “TO” God for Salvation.....
It looks just like this—- just like the example Jesus gave us of the Sinful Publican, the evil Tax- Collector—- The Holy Spirit convicted the man of sin, and he “Turned” ( Repented) to God , crying out “ Lord , have Mercy on me, a Sinner”. If you have ‘t seen yourself as a Lost Sinner who needs to turn to God and cry out for Forgiveness, you have not even entered the Starting Gate Of Christianity.....you need to Repent....