What and when is the rapture Part 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Im not disputing that we will be raptured but I believe right before Jesus second coming at the end of our world not before a so called seven year tribulation.
You are conveniently ignoring the Marriage of the Lamb which occurs JUST BEFORE the Second Coming of Christ. Which means that the Rapture occurred long before the Second Coming, so that all the saints (the Bride of Christ) would be in Heaven for the Marriage, where the Bride of Christ becomes "the Lamb's Wife".

And the Second Coming is DEFINITELY NOT " end of our world". First there is the battle of Armageddon, then the Millennium, then the battle of Gog and Magog, then the Great White Throne Judgment, then the New Heavens and the New Earth. The "end of our world" is when the earth and its atmosphere are supernaturally burned up just before the New Heavens and the New Earth are created.

So do you see what happens when people put their blinders on and follow man-made ideas? A total MISHMASH of Bible truth!

Reactions: pompadour

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. The point of my post is the rapture not so much the 7th trumpet but I was showing that the rapture happens at the 7th trumpet at the end of our world.

Revelation chapter 10 is the 7th trumpet at the end of our world.
Yes Marty and I was saying, there is more information on the resurrection of the dead that ties in with that if you know where to look. Hence, take another look at Rev 10 =P

Reactions: Marty fox

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong! 2 Cor 6:16
for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
@Marilyn C
After looking back at my reply, I want to apologize. It came off rude and that is not how I meant to portray my response. Sometimes, how we type our words is different than how we mean them. We dont get to see peopels demeanor and body language in these types of settings.

My point was the temple referred to is not labeled Jewish. Technically, there are only 2 types of temples. A brick and mortar one that God destroyed and the new one he built in us. The one that was destroyed wasn't his temple. It specifically says that their temple was left to them desolate, not HIS temple. Christ also said the temple would be destroyed and he would rebuild it in 3 days. The Jews thought He spoke of the Jewish Temple, but He spoke of his body where God resides. I wanted to post 2 Cor 6:16 as an example in rebuttal to your position that "the Jewish temple is the ONLY one that God had built". It wasn't the only one he built, and now there is only 1 standing that will stand forever and ever. It is the only currently standing temple built by God and in which we give the daily sacrifice with an odor well pleasing before God. Why? Because the blood of calves and bulls didn't appease him and could not save. He wanted a people that were zealous of good works, with a broken and contrite heart. A people that loved mercy, righteousness and justice.

The man of sin comes in his own time when there is a great apostasia from the Christian faith, not the Jewish unbelieving one. The false prophets that come are from Christians, not Jewish. For all Jewish prophets are false prophets already because they do not have Christ. This is why Paul warned us about the coming False prophets in our faith, not the Mosaic one. Anyway, hope you can accept my apology. You are a sister in Christ regardless of our disagreements and my position is not to cause those in Christ to stumble.

Reactions: pompadour

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are conveniently ignoring the Marriage of the Lamb which occurs JUST BEFORE the Second Coming of Christ. Which means that the Rapture occurred long before the Second Coming, so that all the saints (the Bride of Christ) would be in Heaven for the Marriage, where the Bride of Christ becomes "the Lamb's Wife".
Marty has a difference of opinion as do I Enoch. You think he is ignoring biblical truth and I think that God gives truth to those he allows and not to all but in their own time. So it is quite possible God has bestowed something to him and not to you. Instead, perhaps you should try to understand where he is coming from. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe you'll learn a thing or two.
Maybe you and Marty should learn a thing or two. God is not the Author of confusion. So unless you can show us where the Marriage of the Lamb fits into your eschatology, you should revise your beliefs. It is never too late to admit you are mistaken.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And the Second Coming is DEFINITELY NOT " end of our world". First there is the battle of Armageddon, then the Millennium, then the battle of Gog and Magog, then the Great White Throne Judgment, then the New Heavens and the New Earth. The "end of our world" is when the earth and its atmosphere are supernaturally burned up just before the New Heavens and the New Earth are created.

So do you see what happens when people put their blinders on and follow man-made ideas? A total MISHMASH of Bible truth!
The Marriage supper takes place "After" the second coming in the eternal kingdom

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you and Marty should learn a thing or two. God is not the Author of confusion. So unless you can show us where the Marriage of the Lamb fits into your eschatology, you should revise your beliefs. It is never too late to admit you are mistaken.
1. I'm not sure who I am talking to. You referred to yourself as "us".
2. If I or Marty need to learn anything, the HS will show it to us in HIS time, not ours and certainly not yours.
3. My belief is between God and myself as I am only accountable for myself. You should worry about yourself my friend and remove the mote in your own eye before you try to remove it from another's eye.
4. As for my opinion on the marriage, it takes place when Christ begins to rule the earth and the kingdoms of the world become his. That is evidenced by Song of Solomon 3:11, Rev 11:15 and Rev 19:7-9

If you noticed in Song of Solomon, which is modeled after Christ and his bride, Solomon was made King in the same exact day of his marriages. Christ also will be married at the same day he is crowned as King over all the nations. If you paid attention to Rev 14:14, Christ was sitting on the right hand of power in heaven and was our High Priest making intercession for us (Hebrews 4:14). But here in Rev 14:14, he comes back to earth now wearing a crown. The symbolism matches with his reign in Rev 11:15 when the Kingdoms of this world become his. The placement precedes the bowls where the wrath of God is poured upon the wicked because we learn in Rev 11:18 that after his people are rewarded, He goes to destroy those that destroy the earth. These are the same people that are "thrown into utter darkness where there is gnashing of teeth". Because this event happens after the 7th Trumpet is blown, we can easily look at Rev 19 and views its chronology in this framework. In Rev 19:6, we learn that Christ now reigns which means that takes place at the 7th trumpet. Right afterward, the marriage of the lamb has come and why? Because his wife has finally made herself ready. She was not ready before and not ready 7 years prior. And that is proven because now that she is ready, she was given in verse 8, fine linen clean and white. She didnt have that 7 years beforehand, it was now given to her that Shes finally ready. If you notice in verse 11, heaven is opened up. This is in Rev 15:5 where it is said the tabernacle is opened for all to see. If you noticed prior to this, in Rev 15:2-3, people now stand on the sea of glass. Previously in rev 4, it was absent of people. Now, people stand on it symbolizing they are purified. They are part of the resurrection and the rapture. This event takes place at the 7th trumpet and the marriage follows. Afterwards, Heaven is opened and if you remember Genesis 7, when Heaven is opened, the rains come, the great deep is broken up and the flood comes. This is the destruction on the wicked.

Now, I could put together a very nice legible breakdown on all points. But if you arnt looking for information, I won't waste my time. I have left out many pertinent facts because I think you are not even interested. Ex. The archangel, the trump of God etc.

Now do me a favor and read Matthew 25
6And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

My question to you, where is the door shut in Rev 5? Because I tell you, the door is shut after the 7th trumpet and before the 1st bowl at Rev 15:8 when no one could enter the temple till the 7 plagues are finished. These 7 plagues are the 7 bowls of wrath. The door is shut! And the bowls of wrath happen in his Kingdom. Not during some 7 year timeline before he reigns. per Matthew 13:41-42

41The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 42And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I didn’t conveniently ignore anything because my point of this post is the timing of the rapture. I actually have multiple studies of eschatology events of the bible so you falsely accuse a brother and assume something that is not true.

Revelation 19 shows when the marriage supper of the Lamb is and it’s when Babylon the great was destroyed so the question is who or what is Babylon the great? And yes I have a study on that too.

Reactions: No Pre-TB

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t conveniently ignore anything because my point of this post is the timing of the rapture. I actually have multiple studies of eschatology events of the bible so you falsely accuse a brother and assume something that is not true.

Revelation 19 shows when the marriage supper of the Lamb is and it’s when Babylon the great was destroyed so the question is who or what is Babylon the great? And yes I have a study on that too.
I disagree, the marriage supper is future and will take place in the eternal kingdom after the second coming and final judgement

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I disagree, the marriage supper is future and will take place in the eternal kingdom after the second coming and final judgement

That is when it happens

19 After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting:

“Hallelujah!
Salvation and glory and power belong to our God,
2 for true and just are his judgments.
He has condemned the great prostitute
who corrupted the earth by her adulteries.
He has avenged on her the blood of his servants.”

3 And again they shouted:

“Hallelujah!
The smoke from her goes up for ever and ever.”

4 The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God, who was seated on the throne. And they cried:

“Amen, Hallelujah!”

5 Then a voice came from the throne, saying:

“Praise our God,
all you his servants,
you who fear him,
both great and small!”

6 Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:

“Hallelujah!
For our Lord God Almighty reigns.
7 Let us rejoice and be glad
and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
and his bride has made herself ready.
8 Fine linen, bright and clean,
was given her to wear.”

(Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.)

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is when it happens

19 After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven shouting:

“Hallelujah!

“Hallelujah!

4 The twenty-four elders and the four living creatures fell down and worshiped God, who was seated on the throne. And they cried:

“Amen, Hallelujah!”

“Praise our God,
all you his servants,
you who fear him,
both great and small!”

6 Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:

“Hallelujah!
and give him glory!
was given her to wear.”

That seen below is 100% in the eternal spiritual realm

Revelation 19:5-9KJV
5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great.
6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is when it happens

“Hallelujah!

“Hallelujah!

“Amen, Hallelujah!”

“Praise our God,
all you his servants,
you who fear him,
both great and small!”

“Hallelujah!
and give him glory!
was given her to wear.”

Marty, if I may, I have a different take on that. That portion of Rev 19 is chronological but not sequential. It does tell us babylon is destroyed BEFORE the marriage but when? Immediately...or some time before and other things happen in between...

The question is: Where does Babylon's destruction fall in the Trumpets. If the 7th trumpet is the King reigning, and the marriage...it must precede the 7th trumpet but where? I have reasoning for its location but I'd like to hear why you think it is according to your idea first

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t conveniently ignore anything because my point of this post is the timing of the rapture.

Hi Marty, Can you clarify which rapture you are referring to. Are you talking about the rapture that happens before the 70th week of Daniel or are the referring to the rapture at the 6th seal?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Marty, if I may, I have a different take on that. That portion of Rev 19 is chronological but not sequential. It does tell us babylon is destroyed BEFORE the marriage but when? Immediately...or some time before and other things happen in between...

The question is: Where does Babylon's destruction fall in the Trumpets. If the 7th trumpet is the King reigning, and the marriage...it must precede the 7th trumpet but where? I have reasoning for its location but I'd like to hear why you think it is according to your idea first

Babylon falls after the sixth trumpet

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Marty,
Do you not understand that the fig tree has two harvests? Also do you mean at the 7th trump or the 6th seal?

The 7th trumpet and Paul tells us the reason and the purpose for the one and only raptor