What are some of your weaknesses?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello you,

All of us have weakness: and none of us are perfect. Sorry to say perfect doesn’t exist no matter how hard you try to hide it, or conceal protruding that you are flawless probably hurts more than anything else.

My weakness pertain to being open to communication however when communication is only given back in small words sometimes that really messes with my mind. I realize now that Facebook is of no real use to me personally. (which will continue to use to post videos about the Word of God (cause you truly never know who may need to hear it: especially my mom).

Maybe need to get out the world more and present myself in front of others.

My weakness also sometimes pertains to being lazy and unmotivated especially in the winter time months because how cold it is outside.

My weakness also pertains to sharing Christ with others but when it is done is really a great joy to be able to share with another person. Even in rejection when you share the truth on your heart of what you believe and maybe someone doesn’t share or add insight or you’re completely rejected it can hurt but if you are doing it by the Will of God there is joy in that suffering knowing your own heart.

I have no need to harp on any of my sins; we all fall short of the glory of God.

What I do know is that in our weaknesses Christ is our strength that we can reside and trust in, while we live in this life together. That God does truly love us and has forgiven us of all our sins in this life. Now today, and that Jesus has risen from the dead.

Weaknesses we all have them. Figured would share mine with you, so you can understand your not alone in whatever it is you might be going through.

Life is difficult, the word of God is there for us to read for support and the encouragement from understanding others weaknesses to May it give you confidence and encouragement as you live in this life.

Take care,
Matthew G.
My weakness is my insistence in obeying Acts 2:38.

I want everyone to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and join the 3000 at Pentecost so bad it becomes an obsession.

Pray for me, maybe give me a subscription of AWAKE magazine to put me to sleep.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I want everyone to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and join the 3000 at Pentecost so bad it becomes an obsession.

We are all out here having some form of weakness from time to time, thank you for sharing.

Reactions: Truther

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In addition your weakness is not listening to Texbow about reading beyond Acts 2 and understanding that the rituals used before the gift of grace are no longer necessary.:D I could not resist.

Reactions: Truther and Rita

Spirit_and_Truth

Nov 5, 2021
West Chester
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello you,

All of us have weakness: and none of us are perfect. Sorry to say perfect doesn’t exist no matter how hard you try to hide it, or conceal protruding that you are flawless probably hurts more than anything else.

My weakness pertain to being open to communication however when communication is only given back in small words sometimes that really messes with my mind. I realize now that Facebook is of no real use to me personally. (which will continue to use to post videos about the Word of God (cause you truly never know who may need to hear it: especially my mom).

Maybe need to get out the world more and present myself in front of others.

My weakness also sometimes pertains to being lazy and unmotivated especially in the winter time months because how cold it is outside.

My weakness also pertains to sharing Christ with others but when it is done is really a great joy to be able to share with another person. Even in rejection when you share the truth on your heart of what you believe and maybe someone doesn’t share or add insight or you’re completely rejected it can hurt but if you are doing it by the Will of God there is joy in that suffering knowing your own heart.

I have no need to harp on any of my sins; we all fall short of the glory of God.

What I do know is that in our weaknesses Christ is our strength that we can reside and trust in, while we live in this life together. That God does truly love us and has forgiven us of all our sins in this life. Now today, and that Jesus has risen from the dead.

Weaknesses we all have them. Figured would share mine with you, so you can understand your not alone in whatever it is you might be going through.

Life is difficult, the word of God is there for us to read for support and the encouragement from understanding others weaknesses to May it give you confidence and encouragement as you live in this life.

Take care,
Matthew G.

My weakness? I think sometimes I work too hard...I'm remembering a spoof I watched about going to a job interview. That was the only weakness to admit ;)

My weaknesses? I know exactly what they are. Am I ready to reveal them yet?... Not sure that I am. I just got here, but I thank God that He knows what they are and still loves me.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s right. It’s all between you and God friend. You take care and take some time to rest sometimes if that is the case.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you again for all sharing or not sharing.

In this life it tough and please realize that all people have some type of problem going on in their life. We always have a good God that we can trust into help us.

My encouragement would be to read 107 Pslam if you would like to today. It’s very helpful.

God bless you and your families and you all enjoy your weekend if you are going to be doing anything or nothing. Whatever you wanna do, give glory to God our Father and thank him for the new day of life.

Take care,
Matthew G.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In addition your weakness is not listening to Texbow about reading beyond Acts 2 and understanding that the rituals used before the gift of grace are no longer necessary.:D I could not resist.
Howbout this. I will read beyond Acts 2:38 if you obey it;)

Reactions: TEXBOW

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anger is one of my weaknesses which leads to hatred of the person I'm angry at.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anger is one of my weaknesses which leads to hatred of the person I'm angry at.

Hello John,

Thank you for sharing that with us. Anger is one of the most destructive things we have in our flesh living as a human being.

What are some of the ways you handle yourself when you get angry? Because that was one of my biggest problems growing up was anger and hatred?

Is there any scriptures that you may look to as well when those times come about?

Reactions: JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello John,

Thank you for sharing that with us. Anger is one of the most destructive things we have in our flesh living as a human being.

What are some of the ways you handle yourself when you get angry? Because that was one of my biggest problems growing up was anger and hatred?

Is there any scriptures that you may look to as well when those times come about?
I pray to God and Jesus Christ to take my anger away and to forgive me for my hatred towards the person, and I say to myself the meek shall inherit the Earth and that God is gracious and keep repeating it till my mind calms down.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray to God and Jesus Christ to take my anger away and to forgive me for my hatred towards the person, and I say to myself the meek shall inherit the Earth and that God is gracious and keep repeating it till my mind calms down.

That seems to help you out some. There is one scripture I do remember from the bible that talks about how Mans anger doesn't achieve the righteousness of God.

19My beloved brothers, understand this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger, 20for man’s anger does not bring about the righteousness that God desires. 21Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and every expression of evil, and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save your souls.22Be doers of the word, and not hearers only. Otherwise, you are deceiving yourselves. 23For anyone who hears the word but does not carry it out is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror, 24and after observing himself goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. 25But the one who looks intently into the perfect law of freedom, and continues to do so—not being a forgetful hearer, but an effective doer—he will be blessed in what he does.

James 1.

Reactions: JohnPaul

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Protestants don't get water baptized?
If there are any I would think the number is very small.
It's not that most Protestants do not want to be baptized, its that we do not believe water baptism is necessary for salvation. For example if someones 80 year old grandfather receives the Gospel in his hospital room days before death and is saved but is not water baptized before his death his salvation is not void. It's faith that saves not water.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism in water doesn’t matter.

Though there is something meaningful for those who simply desire to do what John the Baptist did for Jesus.

It’s a symbol of dying to the self and raising to new life.

So please dont fight or bicker over such things. It’s pointless and has no value my friends in Christ.

People live their lives how they want to, some believe that Catholics are damned to hell… when there are Catholics who believe in the death, burial, and resurrection.

Have love, don’t bicker? Think about it.

Knowledge puffs up our minds and makes our prideful or proud (which is good proud and bad proud where you can arrogant).

Love edifies and encourages.

No one will get to heaven based on how much work they do or how much they think they know; it will always be about doing Gods will, and of course faith in Jesus who died, was buried and raised again. Having love for God first, others, and love for yourself last.

It is found in the Bible what that means, doing Gods will ( 1 Thessalonians 5:12-18).

Have a good rest of the day!

Reactions: TEXBOW

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not that most Protestants do not want to be baptized, its that we do not believe water baptism is necessary for salvation. For example if someones 80 year old grandfather receives the Gospel in his hospital room days before death and is saved but is not water baptized before his death his salvation is not void. It's faith that saves not water.
But isn't it kind of a moot point since virtually all of us are water baptized anyway?

And as far as the extremely rare case of the person who is on their deathbed and who hasn't been water baptized, what's water baptism going to change at that point in their life? Just turn them over to God and leave it in his hands.

I don't believe in crafting doctrine to accommodate rare exceptions (i.e. the thief on the cross). Their circumstances are specific to them alone. No need for the whole world to stop turning on it's axis for them. God knows what to do with them.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Protestants don't get water baptized?
If there are any I would think the number is very small.
Most don’t get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

They seem to of found a shortcut, bypassing the remission of sins.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most don’t get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.

They seem to of found a shortcut, bypassing the remission of sins.
I think it's an unnecessary legalism to say you have to think in your mind that your sins are washed away precisely at, and only at, the moment of baptism, or else you've not really received the remission of sins. We all believe. We're all water baptized. We're all saved. Now we are to move on to maturity. That's our focus now.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's an unnecessary legalism to say you have to think in your mind that your sins are washed away precisely at, and only at, the moment of baptism, or else you've not really received the remission of sins. We all believe. We're all water baptized. We're all saved. Now we are to move on to maturity. That's our focus now.
We cannot move on until we are baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of our sins as commanded by Peter in Acts 2:38, agreed?