What are we really dealing with here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Prosperity preachers...
A lady I once met said she was the church secretary of a very large non-denominational black church. She said one day she and her pastor picked up other pastors at the airport for a conference, and they all started bragging about how much money they brought in and how much influence they had over their members. Apostate Protestantism is also mentioned in Revelation and it's just a matter of time before it joins up with the Papacy.

Does it need to join up with the Papacy? Or are we still talking about the ultimate end time system/Antichrist here? I suppose, really, the sort of people who use the gospel of Jesus to make money won't really care what banner they stand behind to do it. If the Antichrist turns out to be the, or a Pope, then, yeah, they'll probably climb on board like the leeches they are. But I expect they'd do the same if the Antichrist turns out to be a governmental leader. These sort justify anything...

Reactions: Helen

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do talk a 'load of it".
Jesus tells us to focus on The Kingdom...seek ye FIRST the kingdom OF GOD.
Nowhere are we admonished to spend precious time , that belongs to God...is digging into things that are time wasting and distractions from the Lord.

Go for it....it will keep you busy, but it will get you no where spiritually.

We are also counsel that "ALL scripture is profitable to the man (or woman) of God" this includes every admonishment, every counsel, and every warning. To be forewarned is to be forearmed. Nothing was place in the Holy writ just to fill up space, everything written has a purpose.

As we see the Great Storm approaching we need all the support we can get from one another, every enticement, every admonishment, every encouragement possible, for dark times are ahead. Although it is our privilege to preach the glad tidings of the kingdom to come we would be amiss in our duties as Watchmen were we not likewise to warn of the impending storm coming.

The morning cometh, and also the night (a night of clouds and thick darkness)…” Isa 21:12

It is important that each of us insures that we have on the full armor of God if we are to withstand in this evil day, especially with what is coming. In olden day’s soldiers needed help putting on their armor and so likewise do we, this help we receive from the brethren, this comes not only through their love and encouragement, but likewise from their reproofs and corrections when ever we stray from the way, from the truth.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Harvest 1874 That sounds good...but how much of what is posted per day on here is nothing more than Catholic bashing.
I do not believe this blesses God's heart...

While so much focus is on the Catholics , the Beast, The man of sin, the anti-christ ...it is not on God .....therefore that make the Enemy happy I am sure. :(

I must get to bed...before I turn into a pumpkin. :D

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Harvest 1874 That sounds good...but how much of what is posted per day on here is nothing more than Catholic bashing.
I do not believe this blesses God heart...
While so much focus is on the Catholics , the Beast, The man of sin, the anti-christ ...it is not on God ..therefore that make the Enemy happy I am sure. :(
I must get to bed...before I turn into a pumpkin. :D

As I said early, as for ourselves we never speak about people, individuals, in this case Catholics (or Protestants) but we will speak about corrupt and misleading systems or institutions of error from time to time.

Good night and God bless

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah as really think that we need to if something were troubling us. We need to speak of in love and correction. It is about doing so out of love. Right from wrong there. Ever heard of agree to disagree?!

B

brakelite

You do talk a 'load of it".
Jesus tells us to focus on The Kingdom...seek ye FIRST the kingdom OF GOD.
Nowhere are we admonished to spend precious time , that belongs to God...is digging into things that are time wasting and distractions from the Lord.

Go for it....it will keep you busy, but it will get you no where spiritually.
Did you know that the Antichrist is the most thoroughly described character in scripture apart from Jesus? Phoneman is correct. Revelation 14 describes God's wrath as being directly attributable to those who accept the mark of the Antichrist/beast.
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

To understand what the mark is, and in order to understand the steps to take to avoid it, do you not think it important to accurately identify whose mark it is, particularly in regard to the fact that throughout the NT it is emphasized that the Antichrist uses deception so as to beguile people into aligning with him against God and His Son Jesus? Those who fail to identify him, will gladly, even welcome his mark.
Revelation 13:3-4
3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?....
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

As to growing spiritually, understanding prophecy is essential to that growth. Especially in regards Revelation and Daniel, Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. Revel. 1:3;
Daniel 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased....
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

It is because God loves us that He has warned us. To ignore such warnings or set them aside as being unimportant, is to brook disaster when it matters. I can honestly attest that this very day, over one-third of the world's population currently claim loyalty to this power, with more joining them every day. Now Protestants are joining the rush to his doorstep, those whose spiritual forbears were in complete harmony with regards who the Antichrist was. They may not have agreed on many things, but on tis they were in complete unison. As far back as 1310 Dante claimed the harlot of Rev. 17 as being the Roman church. Then others such as Milicz, Wycliffe, included the man of sin, Babylon, and Antichrist, attributing these entities to either the Pope, or the Roman church, or the Papacy in general. These were followed by Matthias of Janow, Wimbledon, Purvey, Brute, Huss, Savonarola, Luther, Melancthon, Osiander, Amsdorf, Funck, Solis, Negrinus, Chytraeus, Bullinger, Tyndale, Joys, Ridley, Cranmer, Bale, Jewel, Foxe, Knox, Napier, Brightman, and Pareus. The reformation came about largely because the people's eyes were opened to the true nature of the church that then ruled Europe with an iron fist with the use of secular armies to enforce her false doctrines.
Oh, that peoples' eyes were opened today as then. Then we would have such a revival never before experienced on the earth.
But such testimony did not finish there...post-reformation leaders who agreed with those former stalwarts of faith, most who suffered and died as a direct result of their testimony, may be more familiar to you. Such as George Pascard, Hugh Broughton, Joseph Mede, Henry More, Sir Isaac Newton, Thomas Newton, John Gill, John and Charles Wesley, and many many more in between. All agreed and loudly proclaimed the RCC as being the Antichrist of scripture.
@ByGrace They were NOT wrong.

Reactions: Phoneman777
B

brakelite

Surely there are more interesting things to post about than knocking the Catholics. How small minded we have got!!
If you can reference one post here which is knocking Catholics, then I sincerely apologize, for this topic is NOT about individual Catholic people. It is about the system which has deceived them and seeks to keep them from their true calling in Christ. Yes, there are many good Christians within that system, but they are Christians by the grace of God, as we all are, and despite the church that tells them that without the church they are lost.That system is right now succeeding in bringing together all manner of faiths, both Christian and non-Christian, in unity but in direct contradistinction to that which is found in scripture. The one-world religious authority that is blossoming as we speak, under the auspices of Rome and apostate Protestantism, will introduce globally enforced religious legislation which will counter and contradict the commandments of God. But unless you recognize the beast, how will you know his mark? If you defend Catholicism (or the Papacy whatever you prefer to call it) then will you not happily also accept whatever mark of its authority it desires to implement?
Have another look at the original picture I posted on page one. It is that mindset...that system...that arrogance and belief structure that I seek to expose and rebuke and hopefully encourage Catholics to withdraw from that abomination and resist being any part of it, and deny any loyalty to it. For there, before your very eyes sits on the throne Pontifex Maximus. The RCC has inherited not the keys of Peter, but the seat, the authority and the power of the dragon. Revelation 13:1-3.

B

brakelite

God has shown us who is Antichrist.

Paul wrote in

2 Thess. 2:3,4. “Let no man deceive you by any means, for that day (the second advent) shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition, who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped: so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.”

Here we see Antichrist promoting himself to a place of worship. What is the temple of God in the Christian era? It is the church. (1 Cor.3:16,17; 6:19; 2 Cor.6:16; Eph. 2:19-22). Therefore Antichrist is placing himself in a position of authority and as an object of worship within the church. He is not on the outside attacking the church, he is on the inside deceiving it. Paul repeats his former warning in

Acts 20:29,30. “I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.”

Paul also says in

2Thess. 2:7 “the mystery of iniquity doth already work.” Thus the great apostasy he warned of had already begun in the days of the apostles, and this apostasy was to result in slowly and cunningly eroding away many important Bible truths from men’s minds that would last for centuries.

The Antichrist who was to bring on the crisis of the mark of the beast at the end of time began forming and growing into power in those early days. John confirmed this saying in

John 4:3 “that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come, and even now is it in the world.”

So Satan was raising up his counterfeit a long time ago, for it was through this counterfeit system of worship that Satan himself would be worshiped. Notice in…

Revelation 13:1 ¶ And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.”

Who is this dragon? Revelation 12:9 tells us

” And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.”

Thus it is Satan who gives the beast its power, its seat (or throne) and authority. But this is not all. In reading Revelation 13:1,2 we are taken back to the 4th beast of Daniel 7, that being pagan Rome. The parallels between pagan Rome and the dragon, both in symbol and practice, is not a coincidence. And documented history reveals that it was pagan Rome, more specifically Emperor Justinian, that gave official approval to the popes in the 6th century to assume civil power in Rome. It was from this time that the Roman church began its venture as a church/state union, the typical and common characteristic of all pagan religions. And continuing in

Revelation 13:3 “And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered (or marvel in admiration) after the beast.
4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?”

So there it is. By worshiping Antichrist, they by proxy are worshiping Satan. This is serious stuff. Antichrist is Satan’s frontman, his alter-ego, his counterfeit. Through the worship of Antichrist Satan fulfills his lifelong dream to receive the worship of man. But there is more. He enlists help, and we read about this a little later in the same chapter…

B

brakelite

Revelation 14:11 ¶ And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Notice that it is the people, (the ‘they in verse 14) who under recommendation from the state power, create this image, another church/state union, and it is the second beast, or nation, that gives the church/state union its power. And notice that this nation with the horns like a lamb speaks as a dragon…speaks like the devil…like the pagan emperor who granted the Roman church power in the 6th century, so also does this second nation give power and authority to this newly developed church/state union.

The Majority will Worship their Enemy.

Deception,worship,deception,worship. These are the issues of the last days. Remember, this is God’s loving ‘revelation’ concerning true and false worship. It is the love of God which prompted Jesus to warn constantly of the core theme of the times leading up to His second advent.

Matt. 24:4 ¶ And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many….11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many….23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Deception is surely a major factor contributing to the confusion and apostasy of Babylon. Are not the abominations in the cup which she holds her deceptions and false doctrines? But of what purpose are these deceptions if they do not relate directly to how we relate to our Creator? Are they not designed to draw us away from a right relationship with God? Yes, assuredly. But more than that, and I cannot stress this enough, Satan seeks to draw us away from the Creator toward himself. Through deception, he has the whole world worshiping the Antichrist, and the whole world believes they are worshiping God. The counterfeit system of worship is so beguiling, so attractive, and presents itself in such a loving, caring, compassionate, Christian way, that the entire world is deceived into accepting her, obeying her dogmas, following her counsel, keeping her man-made commandments.

The Truth Liberates.

So back to our original question. Does God want us to be so deluded that we would submit ourselves to a system of worship directed through Antichrist to Satan? Of course not. That is why Jesus warned us repeatedly of false prophets, false Christs. That is why the inspired scriptures go into such great and minute detail in the books of Daniel and Revelation concerning Antichrist and his work. And it is from these details that we can gather sufficient information to come to an honest and correct conclusion as to the exact identity of the Antichrist. To the precise identity of this false worship system that even now has much of the world in its grasp. The apostle Paul said that if we have a love for truth, we would not be deceived (2 Thessalonians 2:8-12) , and Paul is referring directly to the Antichrist when he penned these words. Jesus said in John 17:17 that we are sanctified by the word of truth, and in John 8:32 that if we continue in His word the truth of His word will set us free. Free from sin, free from error, free from false doctrine, free from deception.

According to most modern evangelists, Antichrist is yet to come. The scriptures however are very clear. Antichrist is here now, and hard at work drawing the world after him as you read these words. And true to form, and in fulfillment of prophecy, much of the Christian world is either in denial, deluded, or at best confused, as to the true nature of the beast which is before them. They see it, they even wonder after it marveling at her power and splendor, many praise it, countless millions obey her commands in direct contradistinction to the commandments of God, but very few perceive the true nature of it.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The anti-Christ. The man of sin, The beast...
None are singular...The anti-Christ is not just this Pope, the next Pope , or the one after.
It is a whole collective system , the same as the Man of sin... even men today believes they are god.
...all are systems...we have blinkers on if we shrink it so small as to believe it is just one specific person for each of these!!! o_O

Just as the body of Christ is collective, the bride of Christ is collective, the church of God is collective...so are the beast, the anti-christ, the man of sin, and the false prophet....all collective bodies.

Of course there is a collective evil system of which Satan is the author and energizer of. In Scripture it is called the 'Mystery of iniquity'. (2 Thess. 2:7)

Satan must imitate as he cannot create. He wants to be 'like' God. Therefore he will construct his system to imitate what God is doing. So, just as God has His Man, Jesus Christ, who is His seed, so the serpent will have his man, his seed, the anti-Christ. Just as Jesus has a bride, so satan has a great whore. Just as Jesus had a John the Baptist, so satan has the false prophet. etc. etc.

The Jews are not looking for a system concerning their Messiah to come. They are looking for a man. In order for the deception to work, satan must provide a man. And he will. (2 Thess. 2:8-12)

Stranger

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Goodness, why is everyone so narrow sighted to think that the Catholics are the big bad wolf! Look deeper and wider...you have just bought the same old, same old thing that we were sold and cut our teeth on as young immature Christians...
Yes lest blame one religion when they are all just as guilty, "dont look at me dad. hes the bad guy". well HEs being watching them all... She is after all the "mother" of all harlots. Theer is no man made religion on the face of this earth that will ever stand up to Gods scrutiny, they are all corrupt.

Reactions: Helen
B

brakelite

Yes lest blame one religion when they are all just as guilty,
No, not 'just' a guilty. The RCC has so much more to answer for, which is why God took so much effort to warn us of her abominations. He hasn't singled out any other institution with as much detail and volume as He has the RCC. Not even Islam.

She is after all the "mother" of all harlots.
This is true. But harlots has a special connotation. It means to be an adulterous whore. Spiritual adultery for gain. Now as we witness the present influx of former Protestant churches back to the arms of "Mother", then their very return informs us of who they are. Others are not so eager to embrace the apostasy. They are not harlots, but are remaining faithful to their calling.

Theer is no man made religion on the face of this earth that will ever stand up to Gods scrutiny, they are all corrupt.
To a point yes. Just as every individual on the planet is still a sinner.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@brakelite And so you seek to justify religion just like all the rest. God cannot partake in religion, its not from Him. So you BOL ep all just pots and pans calling one another black.

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes lest blame one religion when they are all just as guilty, "dont look at me dad. hes the bad guy". well HEs being watching them all... She is after all the "mother" of all harlots. Theer is no man made religion on the face of this earth that will ever stand up to Gods scrutiny, they are all corrupt.

Well said, She is not called Babylon the Great, Mother of harlots for no reason, she is the mother of all harlot system, all man-made, man-contrived institution of error, particularly those religious.

Being a "mother" implies children, and children she has plenty. We understand the mother to be in reference to Catholicism and the "daughters" in reference to Protestantism. The whole system is corrupt and thus all the Lord's true people should heed the word's of the Lord in whom they make profession, viz.

Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen (fallen from God's favor and use, She was once a golden cup in the hands of the Lord, a depository of truth, but then she became corrupt, antichrist, "we would have healed her, but she is not healed; forsake her." Jer 51:9)

... she has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit (every impure principle and doctrine), and a cage for every unclean and hated bird! For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication (become intoxicated, deceived by her teachings and doctrines), the kings (governments) of the earth have committed fornication with her (aligned themselves with her by mixing church and state), and the merchants (the clergy, religious leaders) of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury.

And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, MY PEOPLE, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. (Of which will be the case if you continue in her after you have learned that she is cast off, wherefore all who in any degree are in sympathy or confederation with her shall share in her plagues) For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities. Render to her just as she rendered to you, and repay her double according to her works; in the cup which she has mixed, mix double for her." Rev 18:2-6

But let none be deceived in imagining that this applies only to Catholicism it applies equally well to Protestantism as well, for they like Mother and daughter are one in the same.

B

brakelite

In regards to another question in the OP...about the growing apathy of the Protestant Church.
I think it is more than apathy Naomi. It is all out apostasy. For example. The number of Protestant churches that have joined in signing various declarations of unity with Rome, such as the Joint Declaration of Justification by Faith between the Lutherans and Catholics in 1999....the "Declaration on the Way--Church, Ministry, and Eucharist", more recently, are two of many such documents being bandied about. This latest document is a further capitulation by Lutherans regarding the truth of the gospel.
Here are some examples of the fallacious so-called unity that is supposedly being negotiated...what they are as you will notice, is a complete turn-around from Reformation theology, soteriology, and several other "ologies". Not all Lutherans have signed on, but other faiths have signed similar documents with Rome, such as the Anglicans and the modern church in Europe that descended from Jan Huss.
In the first section, Agreements on the Church, it reads:
4. Lutherans and Catholics agree that the church is in every age apostolic because it is founded on the apostles' witness to the gospel, and it continuously professes the apostolic and evangelical faith while living by mandated practices handed on from the apostles. Thus we recognize both in our ecclesial communities the attribute of apostolicity grounded in their ongoing continuity in the apostolic faith, teaching, and practices. (p22).
9. Catholics and Lutherans agree that the church on earth is indefectible, because it is and will be preserved by the Holy Spirit in all aspects essential for salvation.
(The definition of indefectible is flawless...free of fault or decay.) Seriously? Lutherans agreed to this? Luther will be having apoplexy in his grave.
On Authority of Ministry it reads:
20. Catholics and Lutherans also agree that the office of ministry stands over against the community as well as within it and thus is called to exercise authority over the community. (This is medaeval Papacy confirmed. The dark ages and the council of Trent affirmed).
On Agreements on the Eucharist it reads:
Lutherans and Catholics agree that in the sacrament of the Lord's supper, Jesus Christ Himself is present: He is present truly, substantially, as a person, and He is present in His entirety, as Son of God and as a human being. What can I say?

Finally, after dealing with some of the more obvious compromises and capitulation of the Lutheran church, here is an outright lie, from section 4 under the heading of Church.
Drawing on the writings of Luther on the means of grace and marks of the church and on VaticanII regarding tradition, the church, and ecumenism, Lutherans and Catholics today "mutually recognize, at a fundamental level, the presence of apostolicity in our traditions". Luther contributed to this insight "when he insisted that a manifold Christian substance must be recognized in the Roman Catholic Church", for he perceived there the true holy scriptures, true baptism, the true sacrament of the altar, the true keys for the frgiveness of sins, the true office of proclamation, AND THE TRUE CATECHISM".

NOW LET ME QUOTE LUTHER.
..."nothing else than the kingdom of Babylon and of very Antichrist. For who is the man of sin and the son of perdition, but he who by his teaching and his ordinance increases the sin and perdition of souls in the church; while he yet sits in the church as if he were God. All these conditions have now for many ages been fulfilled in the Papal tyranny. (Martin Luther 'First Principles' pp196-197).

How can there be any harmony between what Luther actually wrote, and what is being promulgated in the fraudulent document above?
How can any true Christian align himself with Antichrist and remain true to the Way, the Truth, and the Life?

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Does it need to join up with the Papacy? Or are we still talking about the ultimate end time system/Antichrist here? I suppose, really, the sort of people who use the gospel of Jesus to make money won't really care what banner they stand behind to do it. If the Antichrist turns out to be the, or a Pope, then, yeah, they'll probably climb on board like the leeches they are. But I expect they'd do the same if the Antichrist turns out to be a governmental leader. These sort justify anything...

anti Christ are imho obviously those who walk no more with Him and are beasts 666 as clearly pointed out at Jn 666 - they have refused to put on Christ and divinity as demanded by Jesus[Jn 6:53-56] - twinc