What are you eating?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't sound too healthy - have you checked the sodium and fat content of that meal?
I have to have fat because of medicine I take and my sodium in my blood runs low. So I'm supposed to intake fat and have lots of sodium. So I should be OK, but not too healthy for the normal person for sure.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to have fat because of medicine I take and my sodium in my blood runs low. So I'm supposed to intake fat and have lots of sodium. So I should be OK, but not too healthy for the normal person for sure.
Fats are good when they're from the right sources. (olive oil, coconut oil,.avocado, pasture raised eggs, real grass fed butter, grass fed beef, wild caught fatty fish, etc)

And as far as sodium ...if you're cooking at home, using sea salt, or pink Himalayan salt, or Redmond salt .... you're getting all sorts of minerals in it. Your body needs a certain amount of sodium. But that junk they call salt (regular iodized table salt) has no natural minerals, and is full of junk ...even tiny glass particles can be found in it. That's what's bad for the arteries because the artery walls gets scratched up.

It's best to cook your own meals so you know what goes in and can control the salt content. You're not going to overdo sodium if you're salting your own food using a healthier type of salt.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is unusual. Yes, I have to watch both my fat and sodium intakes.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is unusual. Yes, I have to watch both my fat and sodium intakes.
I have a disease that makes my sodium low and for that disease I'm supposed to intake fat when I take the meds. I'm different than normal people that way. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may have eaten three smuckers uncrustable sandwhiches this afternoon.
Oh, I love those,--the only ones I have had have grape jelly.

Today I'm having mediteranean chicken on skewer with an aioli dip (my granddaughter made it at Christmas :)chex party mix , salad with poppy seed dressing and cottage cheese. Later I'm gonna get a cookie (maybe 2 cookies)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I am recovering from covid, my husband went out today and bought me a large McDonald's french fry. It tasted wonderful.
Praying for you, sorry to hear that. I hope you recover quickly.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mom had low sodium issues. When she was in the hospital for an unrelated issue, all the hospital food was low sodium, and they wouldn't let her have table salt, so she had to have sodium infusions in her IV. Which, of course, was billed to her insurance when a simple packet of table salt would've been sufficient.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mom had low sodium issues. When she was in the hospital for an unrelated issue, all the hospital food was low sodium, and they wouldn't let her have table salt, so she had to have sodium infusions in her IV. Which, of course, was billed to her insurance when a simple packet of table salt would've been sufficient.
Yes, the low sodium is strange issue. I can't even get my sodium up with table salt. It remains at the low area just above abnormal no matter how much salt I take in.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to deal with low potassium. My doctor had me drinking electrolyte beverages and even they didn't help. They made me sick instead.
Yeah I drink those power-aid drinks for low potassium, sodium and magnesium. They seem to help me quite a bit. Too bad they make you sick. I drink the sugar free versions. Maybe it was the sugar?

Reactions: Mama Etna

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I made a chili dog with cheese for lunch. It was tasty and warm. It was like this but I used Mexican cheese: