What are you eating?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your biscuits might be nearer to our dumplings.
OIP.LMw3cNWAbLjhHHVTwsrlbAHaE7
Ah yes! Some like to some stews or thick soups over them...or just butter and or jam!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ah yes! Some like to some stews or thick soups over them...or just butter and or jam!
Our dumplings go into the stew or casserole when it is almost done - say for the last half hour of cooking to get them nicely brown and fluffed up.

Reactions: marks and Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OIP.LMw3cNWAbLjhHHVTwsrlbAHaE7

What is the liquid in there Pat, is that just gravy?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Making a bbq beef pasta with onions, corn, garlic, and jalapeno peppers. Because hubby will be home.

When it's just me I simply scavenge my fridge for easy healthyish options.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Making a bbq beef pasta with onions, corn, garlic, and jalapeno peppers. Because hubby will be home.

When it's just me I simply scavenge my fridge for easy healthyish options.
Such variety! sounds good Wynona. Love your new pic!

Reactions: Wynona

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Love figs, right off the tree.
I only had 'fresh' ones once from the supermarket. I used to work in a healthfood shop for a while and my job was to weigh and pack the dried fruit and nuts. We were allowed to eat as much of the stuff as we wanted and I loved the dried figs. I like fig rolls too. Do you have those?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wasn't planning on dinner, but made onigiri with spicy salmon and extra gochugaru (korean chili powder) on a whim. Cup of green tea now.

I doubt anyone will know what onigiri is so it is this:

1485713435783.jpeg

In English lingo...White rice wrapped in seaweed, with salmon, and chili power....Not fan of a seaweed or chili seasoning....but looks pretty. Enjoy.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only had 'fresh' ones once from the supermarket. I used to work in a healthfood shop for a while and my job was to weigh and pack the dried fruit and nuts. We were allowed to eat as much of the stuff as we wanted and I loved the dried figs. I like fig rolls too. Do you have those?
When I was very little boy my old God-father [in the Catholic Church], who lived across the street from us on the very edge of a small California town, had his own grape vineyard from which he made his own wine every year. He also had a couple of fig trees, which produced figs every year. Eating them right off the tree was an allowed option as long as we ate what we picked.

He was from the old country as they called it, being born in the Azores, a small group of islands in the Atlantic belonging to Portugal. He was usually a bitter, grouchy old fellow, but he introduced me to fresh figs from one of his trees.

His English was very bad and my Portuguese virtually non-existent, so we never had any long conversations.

When he committed suicide, I was sad. But... I do remember him favorably for the figs. [I did try his wine, but I did not like it at the time... and my parents would seldom let me have more than a tiny portion.]

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When I was very little boy my old God-father [in the Catholic Church], who lived across the street from us on the very edge of a small California town, had his own grape vineyard from which he made his own wine every year. He also had a couple of fig trees, which produced figs every year. Eating them right off the tree was an allowed option as long as we ate what we picked.

He was from the old country as they called it, being born in the Azores, a small group of islands in the Atlantic belonging to Portugal. He was usually a bitter, grouchy old fellow, but he introduced me to fresh figs from one of his trees.

His English was very bad and my Portuguese virtually non-existent, so we never had any long conversations.

When he committed suicide, I was sad. But... I do remember him favorably for the figs. [I did try his wine, but I did not like it at the time... and my parents would seldom let me have more than a tiny portion.]
I would love to eat a truly fresh fig.