What are Your Feelings on Tithes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There have been entire Denominations that do not use musical instruments and they sing just fine!

Who ever said that music was the only form of "worship"?

Leading music in the church does not make one a "minister".
Yes, I know...and they also have a thing against musical instruments....which is an unbiblical standard.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
See, here is the thing...you are not a Christian if you define Christianity as "the Cult of Sol."

So then, why the deception on your profile?
well my argument there would be that anyone preaching Death More Abundantly is not really a Christian anyway, not that i would condemn them or anything; i just wouldnt support them, at least unless they were doing good works

but fwiw i started out with some pretty fringe pastors lol, Bob Tilton when i lived in Grand Prairie, and some other "prosperity" types, so that has prolly sensitized me. Long way from honest country pastors iow

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well my argument there would be that anyone preaching Death More Abundantly is not really a Christian anyway
I've seen you state this death more abundantly many time, I assume you are saying is those who encouraging get all of this world you can?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I've seen you state this death more abundantly many time, I assume you are saying is those who encouraging get all of this world you can?
um, no, or i dont think so anyway; i mean those preaching immortality after death in heaven with Yah, rather than life, more abundantly right now iow. "Saved" defined as "going up to heaven after you have died, as long as you held your mouth right, while all others go to hell"

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well my argument there would be that anyone preaching Death More Abundantly is not really a Christian anyway, not that i would condemn them or anything; i just wouldnt support them, at least unless they were doing good works

but fwiw i started out with some pretty fringe pastors lol, Bob Tilton when i lived in Grand Prairie, and some other "prosperity" types, so that has prolly sensitized me. Long way from honest country pastors iow
So I think you are assuming that the Christian message isn't life more abundantly...see John 10:10

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um, no, or i dont think so anyway; those preaching immortality after death in heaven with Yah, rather than life, more abundantly right now iow. "Saved" defined as "going up to heaven after you have died, as long as you held your mouth right, while all others go to hell"
And I think that you are also assuming that there isn't life in heaven.

Read 1 Corinthians 15...our entrance into heaven has to do with resurrection.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So I think you are assuming that the Christian message isn't life more abundantly...see John 10:10
why? Is there a response in it to those who preach that one might attain immortality after death? I tell you that there sure is; the thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And I think that you are also assuming that there isn't life in heaven.

Read 1 Corinthians 15...our entrance into heaven has to do with resurrection.
"buried with Him in death, raised to new life in Him" is the only resurrection that Scripture supports holistically imo

No one has ever gone up to heaven,
There is only One Immortal
you and your sons will be here with me
the kingdom of heaven is within you

et al

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I know...and they also have a thing against musical instruments....which is an unbiblical standard.
On Old Testament standard does not make a New Testament teaching. A Restorationists would correctly argue that there were no organs in the Early Church. That the New Testament Church sang acapella as did the Jewish faith did so at that time too. I can see their argument. I have been in small group studies where we sang without music. At times, we had someone that had a guitar. Both were fine. The singing was not the least "more Biblical" with a guitar than without it.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um, no, or i dont think so anyway; i mean those preaching immortality after death in heaven with Yah, rather than life, more abundantly right now iow. "Saved" defined as "going up to heaven after you have died, as long as you held your mouth right, while all others go to hell"
Well, my def of hell would be alienation from God, which is what I see as being a current state for many.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See 2 Timothy 3:16.

And then we also have the fact that nowhere in the New Testament is it commanded! We have the example of the Early Church Fathers that make no mention of using musical instruments in worship. So, we have, by example, no musical instruments used in New Testament worship.
1 Timothy 3:16 gives the Church the obligation to stone adulterers and Homosexuals.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My feelings on tithes:
  • Requiring 10% as a demand from God, smacks of legalism and paints God as some sort of “godfather” taking his cut off the top “or else”.
  • Having a heart that is unwilling to give any money to support the place where you worship or the ministries they support (like missionaries) strikes me as a red flag for a bigger problem than “tithing”.
Everyone should give and give cheerfully ... and how much is between their heart and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Personally, I choose 10% because it is easy to calculate, but God does not DEMAND 10% as a condition of His love or as proof of my love.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My feelings on tithes:
  • Requiring 10% as a demand from God, smacks of legalism and paints God as some sort of “godfather” taking his cut off the top “or else”.
  • Having a heart that is unwilling to give any money to support the place where you worship or the ministries they support (like missionaries) strikes me as a red flag for a bigger problem than “tithing”.
Everyone should give and give cheerfully ... and how much is between their heart and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Personally, I choose 10% because it is easy to calculate, but God does not DEMAND 10% as a condition of His love or as proof of my love.
Of course, those who don't bring the whole tithe into the storehouse are cursed with a curse for that they have been robbing God, according to Malachi 3.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that if you deny the inspiration of holy scripture, that you are not really a Christian
I think that if have not stoned your quota of Homosexuals and Adulterers this past week, you are not really a Christian!

Or are you going to continue to deny the inspiration of Scripture? 2 Tim. 3:16?

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, those who don't bring the whole tithe into the storehouse are cursed with a curse for that they have been robbing God, according to Malachi 3.
Shame on the nasty Jews to whom this was written!