What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure it does. Unless by using the capital-S, you are referring to the Spirit God gave Jesus when he was baptized. However, this is a distraction for it is not Jesus' spirit to begin with. Are all men immortal since they too have a spirit?

Such a post makes a mockery of death.
All men will spend eternity somewhere.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The flesh died. The Spirit did not die except symbolically during the time Jesus took on our sins and was separated from the Father. This is why he cried out, "My God, My God, why has thou forsaken me?" He was also fulfilling prophecy.

Thanks. My question is, Did God die?

Some trinitarians say yes. Some trinitarians say no.

But what I want to know is if you say yes or if you say no.

If Jesus is God / the second person of the Trinity and if Jesus / God / the second person of the Trinity died then it logically follows that God died. That’s the spiel I get from the trinitarians who insist that God died.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. My question is, Did God die?

Some trinitarians say yes. Some trinitarians say no.

But what I want to know is if you say yes or if you say no.

If Jesus is God / the second person of the Trinity and if Jesus / God / the second person of the Trinity died then it logically follows that God died. That’s the spiel I get from the trinitarians who insist that God died.
The Father was not on the cross. He did not die. Jesus' flesh died.
Mat 10:28

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Father was not on the cross. He did not die. Jesus' flesh died.
Mat 10:28

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

So only the flesh of Jesus died for you.

Jesus died for me.

God didn’t die.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Believers will for 1,000 years

Unbelievers will live during the 1000 years too.

After that, only believers will be with God and with the Messiah. Unbelievers will cease to exist. They will vanish in smoke and be ashes under our feet.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unbelievers will live during the 1000 years too.

After that, only believers will be with God and with the Messiah. Unbelievers will cease to exist. They will vanish in smoke and be ashes under our feet.
They will be deceived when Satan is loosed again and join in the rebellion that God will put down.
Rev 20:7

Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison
Rev 20:8

and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9

They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.
Rev 20:10

The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where[fn] the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The choice set before us is life or death.

Existence or extinction / non-existence.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As if there was any other part of Jesus that did not die. (As opposed to having something that belonged to God that returned to God).
Mat 25:46

“And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Mat 19:29

“And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife[fn] or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My take on Colossians 1:16 based on the context it's set in...

When we read the word "create" we usually think about the original creation in Genesis, but there are other ways the word is used in Scripture. For example, Christians are "new creations" (2 Corinthians 5:17). After the resurrection, God delegated to Christ the authority to create, and when we read the Epistles we see evidence of Jesus creating things for his Church. Ephesians 2:15 refers to Christ creating "one new man" (his Body, the Church) out of Jew and Gentile. In pouring out the gift of holy spirit to each believer (Acts 2:33 and 38), the Lord Jesus has created something new in each of them, that is, the "new man" their new nature (2Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 6:15; Ephesians 4:24)

Not only did Jesus create his Church out of Jew and Gentile, he had to create the structure and positions that would allow it to function, both in the spiritual world (positions for the angels that would minister to the Church... see Revelation 1:1 "his angel") and in the physical world (positions and ministries here on earth... see Romans 12:4-8; Ephesians 4:7-11). The Bible describes these physical and spiritual realities by the phrase, "...things in heaven and on the earth, visible and invisible. Jesus was not around in the beginning to create the heavens and the earth, but he did create the "all things" that pertain to his Body, the Church.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My take on Colossians 1:16 based on the context it's set in...

When we read the word "create" we usually think about the original creation in Genesis, but there are other ways the word is used in Scripture. For example, Christians are "new creations" (2 Corinthians 5:17). After the resurrection, God delegated to Christ the authority to create, and when we read the Epistles we see evidence of Jesus creating things for his Church. Ephesians 2:15 refers to Christ creating "one new man" (his Body, the Church) out of Jew and Gentile. In pouring out the gift of holy spirit to each believer (Acts 2:33 and 38), the Lord Jesus has created something new in each of them, that is, the "new man" their new nature (2Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 6:15; Ephesians 4:24)

Not only did Jesus create his Church out of Jew and Gentile, he had to create the structure and positions that would allow it to function, both in the spiritual world (positions for the angels that would minister to the Church... see Revelation 1:1 "his angel") and in the physical world (positions and ministries here on earth... see Romans 12:4-8; Ephesians 4:7-11). The Bible describes these physical and spiritual realities by the phrase, "...things in heaven and on the earth, visible and invisible. Jesus was not around in the beginning to create the heavens and the earth, but he did create the "all things" that pertain to his Body, the Church.
You are jumping through a lot of hoops to make Colossians 1:16 mean something other than what it clearly says - 16 for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him;

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
They will be deceived when Satan is loosed again and join in the rebellion that God will put down.
Rev 20:7

Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison
Rev 20:8

and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9

They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.
Rev 20:10

The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where[fn] the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Yes. Even with the Messiah and the saints reigning in the kingdom on earth, there will be a final rebellion.

The only thing left to deal with is the issue of mercy or no mercy.

Eternal torment = no mercy.

If that what the passage is teaching us?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't get anyone to answer this honest question. All I get back is because the Bible says so. But there must be a reason for it. What is it? Here I will give you a reason why he had to be a man.

Romans says a man (Adam) caused sin to enter into the world, and also that a man would have to redeem it from sin. Romans 5:15 says “For if many died through one man’s trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many.” The Bible specifically says that a man must do it. The book of Corinthians makes the same point Romans does when it says “For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead” (1 Corinthians 15:21).

Now it's your turn. Anyone?

Jesus is a man

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

fully God fully man

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Even with the Messiah and the saints reigning in the kingdom on earth, there will be a final rebellion.

The only thing left to deal with is the issue of mercy or no mercy.

Eternal torment = no mercy.

If that what the passage is teaching us?
Are the beast and the false prophet men?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 25:46

“And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
Mat 19:29

“And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife[fn] or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.
Doesn't say anything to support your doctrine that a part of Jesus escaped death upon crucifixion. To say only his flesh died, implies some part of him did not die. This is an extra-Biblical assertion.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Are the beast and the false prophet men?

Yes.

The God of mercy has no mercy?

Status
Not open for further replies.