What Changes for a Person who becomes a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What changes for a person who becomes a Christian?

What was something that changed when yourself became a Christian who became in connection with our Father in heaven who is a living God?

What is it that changes when a person places faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Son of Man?

What type of benefits are their for a person who make a choice to have faith?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What changes for a person who becomes a Christian?
First, what is a Christian? When is it that a person has become one... if ever? My first memory of recognizing God and beginning to walk with Him was when I was six years old being baptized in the Catholic Church.

However, when I was 32 years old I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost and began to read the Bible for the first time in my life.

Which one was the beginning for me? The early baptism was a beginning for me with God, but was I a Christian then? Depends again on what a Christian is and if it even matters to God that one does or does not take on that label.

What was something that changed when yourself became a Christian who became in connection with our Father in heaven who is a living God?
For me the connection with God began when I was six years old. I went on to strive to love God and to please as best I could by trying to follow the ways taught by the nuns and priests. For me Confirmation [when I took on the name, Amadeus, meaning 'love God'] and First Holy Communion in the church were serious things. I never took it lightly receive communion as a Catholic even though now I see something very different for me personally between that and my walk with God today.

What is it that changes when a person places faith in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Son of Man?
Can the following verse be involved?

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Acts 1:8

I would say so...!

What type of benefits are their for a person who make a choice to have faith?
He, [in this case, I] has a Lover who is infallible even though he continues at times to manifest his own fallibility. By the power of God in him, the old man has diminished greatly, while the new man has increased. When will the former drop to zero and when will the latter have arrived at 100% of what he will ultimately have?