What defines a marriage?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHO defines marriage . GOD DOES . what defines marriage , the BIBLE DOES .
one man and one woman . not eve and ellen and not adam and steve .
Nice try. The legal system of a country defines marriage. Otherwise people can just claim that they are married without any legal proof of status.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t care if there is a large age gap between me and my wife. It’s legal to marry an 18-year-old girl, so what’s the problem? Women in their 20s and 30s have already been screwed before hundreds or more likely thousands of times. They are ruined. If I married such a person, her past would ruin my life.
You have some vivid imagination! Do you really think that "women in their 20s and 30s have already been screwed before hundreds or more likely thousands of times"? Even if a woman has had pre-marital intercourse -- "screwed" to use your vernacular -- how is she "ruined"?

Nobody is forcing you to marry a woman who has been sexually active. BTW, would you rule out marrying a divorcee or a widow?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don’t care if there is a large age gap between me and my wife. It’s legal to marry an 18-year-old girl, so what’s the problem? Women in their 20s and 30s have already been screwed before hundreds or more likely thousands of times. They are ruined. If I married such a person, her past would ruin my life.
By being so picky you are limiting God. What if he decided he wanted you to marry a widow or a woman who became a Christian after she had lost her virginity. You are deluded.

Reactions: Jim B and Adam

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Good Ship You have a very bad attitude towards women. It is not in keeping with how God requires a man to treat women. Your many requirements seem totally unchristian. I hope all women will give you a wide berth. And are you yourself still a virgin or do you have double standards?

• Love
Reactions: Jim B

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A reminder to be gentle in your admonishments, Good Ship deserves love just as much as everyone else.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A reminder to be gentle in your admonishments, Good Ship deserves love just as much as everyone else.
Just a reminder of what @Good Ship wrote in post #20...

This is the very antithesis of gentleness. It is a vicious condemnation of young women. They deserve love just as much as everyone else.

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't think someone deserves to be hated for being sad and lonely, but rather that one should be sympathied with for it, yet if one is causing their own loneliness it would be better to bring them to see what is causing them to suffer, without casting shame on them. It would be hypocritical to shame someone purely because they saw fit to shame others, as you become guilty of that which you accuse them of.

Yet it is also hypocritical to cast shame on unmarried 30 year olds, as an unmarried 30 year old. I don't suppose that any 18 year old young man ever sat by the window wishing for a jaded, man-hating 30-something year old woman to be their fiancee. So the metric which one uses to judge others should be based on the metric they wish to be measured against.

Matthew 7
7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

But there are plenty of lonely 20 and 30 year olds in the world looking for someone who will accept them and sympathize with them for their own pains. So why not then, as a 30 year old with rough spots, not take comfort in another 30 year old with rough spots? Time will only pass for the both of them and this question will only get harder for those concerned with age.

Reactions: Jim B

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
one man and one woman . not eve and ellen and not adam and steve

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
one man and one woman . not eve and ellen and not adam and steve
God defines marriage -- in the Bible. They are many people outside of Judaism and Christianity who are also married, so YHWH does not define marriage for everyone. Additionally, the state defines legal marriage, which now includes same-gender marriages.

And why the trite "not eve and ellen and not adam and steve" again?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God defines marriage -- in the Bible. They are many people outside of Judaism and Christianity who are also married, so YHWH does not define marriage for everyone. Additionally, the state defines legal marriage, which now includes same-gender marriages.

And why the trite "not eve and ellen and not adam and steve" again?
The world does as it does . lambs do as GOD said . We are for sure on a head on collision
with this sold out all inclusive lie . I care not what happens to me , I care only that GOD was honored in all that i did and said .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world does as it does . lambs do as GOD said . We are for sure on a head on collision
with this sold out all inclusive lie . I care not what happens to me , I care only that GOD was honored in all that i did and said .
Are you dead? Why write in the past tense?

I notice that you aren't addressing the OP's subject now, but something entirely different. Why is that?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think if you married an eighteen year old girl that would actually ruin her life

With today's culture, that's a child

They call laundry "adulting" now

Biblem

Mar 26, 2023
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
Marriage is in two forms,Faith based marriage and legal marriage. Read to the end to know the truth about marriage