What distinguishes a "Protestant?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife ~

Now back to the CLAIMS you made.

I quoted Scripture Post # 388
Luke 23:
[50] And behold , there was a man named Joseph, a counseller, and he was a good man, and a just...

BOL said Post # 398
"Joseph wasn't good.

BOL's revealing of denying Scripture is TRUE.

# 2

BOL said Post # 417
"Your claim you HAVE NO SIN

Taken's Post saying ^ THAT?
Doesn't EXIST.
BOL's FABRICATION

# 3

BOL said Post # 428
"You claim you DON'T SIN"

Taken's Post saying ^ THAT?
Doesn't EXIST.
BOL'S FABRICATION

SUMMARY [B/]

BOL...clearly DENIED SCRIPTURE is TRUE.

BOL....clearly SAID, Taken MADE 2 specific Claims, and BOL COULD NOT show ANY POSTS, of Taken "MAKING THOSE CLAIMS".

CONCLUSION [B/]

BOL clearly MAKES UP LIES, saying I said things I DID NOT SAY.

BOL will spend post after post making deflections and EXCUSES for his LYING, BECAUSE HE CAN NOT PROVE HIS FALSE ACCUSATIONS.

FACT

BOL pulls HIS TACTIC over and over with everyone on this forum...

BOL makes up CLAIMS
Says they are an OTHERS CLAIMS
CALLS the OTHER NAMES
AND CAN NEVER QUOTE the OTHER saying what HE HAS CLAIMED THEY SAID

BOL IS A FABRICATOR OF FALSE CLAIMS.

Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummm, there are I think 57 distinctly referenced 7th day Sabbaths referred to in Acts alone. When did the ten commandments become 9?

When Jesus taught about WORKING ON THE SABBATH.

It was AGAINST the LAW to "WORK" on the Sabbath....
Feeding animals...was work, in Jewish Law
Cooking...was work, in Jewish Law
Tending to the sick...was work, in Jewish Law

Man was not made FOR the Sabbath.
Jesus fulfilled the Law.

Thus, NO, it is not a SIN for a Jew to work on the Sabbath...

And if you are NOT a JEW, who believes Jesus fulfilled the Jewish Law...For what REASON would you KEEP yourself SUBJECT TO a LAW, that was never given you?

And then the 10 Commandments Became 2 Commandments when Jesus revealed...

Matt 22
[35] Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
[36] Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the first and great commandment.
[39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
[40] On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Jesus' teaching summarizes the WHOLE of ALL commandments.....which APPLIES to ANY MAN....JEW or GENTILE.. WHO has Freely Chosen to BELEIVE IN the Heavenly Father God and Christ the Lord Jesus.

And to FURTHER "UNDERSTAND" HOW Any man CAN ACCOMPLISH...

Loving the Lord thy God with ALL thy heart, soul, mind....
AND
Loving thy Neighbor as thyself...

IS POSSIBLE to BE ACCOMPLISHED....
ONLY, by and through "A MAN", having THE POWER OF GOD "WITHIN" them.

Which "A MAN", having the power of God "within them"...

IS ONLY ACCOMPLISHED....BY and THROUGHT Christ Jesus, WHO BAPTIZES a MAN with the "INTERNAL HOLY SPIRIT".

Glory to God,
Taken

B

brakelite

When Jesus taught about WORKING ON THE SABBATH.
Yes, but let us be honest...the work He did was to do good for others. I would bet my eternal life that He didn't make tables and fix chairs in His carpentry shop on the Sabbath.
It was AGAINST the LAW to "WORK" on the Sabbath....
Feeding animals...was work, in Jewish Law
Cooking...was work, in Jewish Law
Tending to the sick...was work, in Jewish Law
Yep, true. And Jesus informed them in no uncertain terms how wrong they were to invent laws that circumvented the commandments of God. Jesus didn't change the intent of the Sabbath commandment...to rest from secular labour...but changed the Jews ignorance of that intent.

Man was not made FOR the Sabbath.
True again. The Sabbath was made for man. And man forgets it, even though He has been reminded to remember it.

Thus, NO, it is not a SIN for a Jew to work on the Sabbath...
It is if its selfish labour for money.

And if you are NOT a JEW, who believes Jesus fulfilled the Jewish Law...For what REASON would you KEEP yourself SUBJECT TO a LAW, that was never given you?
Like you said above. The Sabbath was made for man. Right? So let me ask you some questions. Short easy questions.
Who made the Sabbath for man?
When did He make the Sabbath for man?
Were there any Jews around when He gave the Sabbath to men?

Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
So does loving God with all your heart, soul, mind, and body, include keeping His commandments?
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
All the law? All of what law? The civil laws that pertained to Israel? The laws on stoning and offering lambs? Obviously some discernment required here right? But also some wisdom. Do we exclude laws on murder because Jesus "fulfilled the law" Do we exclude any moral standard because it is inconvenient, or superceded by man-made tradition? Can we claim to love God with all our hearts when we divorce our wives for no reason and marry another? Can we claim to love God while transgressing His laws?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but let us be honest...the work He did was to do good for others. I would bet my eternal life that He didn't make tables and fix chairs in His carpentry shop on the Sabbath.

Yes, let's be HONEST.
The "RESULT" of His work being GOOD, IS IRRELEVANT.

It is "DOING WORK", on the Sabbath that is the POINT......not the results of His Work!

It doesn't matter if HE WORKED doing Carpentry or WORKED Healing the sick...

However NOTHING was said about Carpentry, so that is IRRELEVANT.

Yep, true. And Jesus informed them in no uncertain terms how wrong they were to invent laws that circumvented the commandments of God.

THEY didn't INVENT LAWS.
Jesus NEVER said they INVENTED LAWS.
The Jewish LAW was "established"...that..
"NO WORK was to be Performed on the Sabbath".

Jesus CLEARLY WORKED "ON THE SABBATH".
According TO JEWISH LAW, Jesus CLEARLY, VIOLATED THE Jewish Law.

And the JEWS clearly called out JESUS, FOR violating Jewish Law.

And JESUS clearly VIOLATED OTHER Jewish LAWS....WHEN...

Jesus proclaimed God was "HIS" Father.
Jesus proclaimed He and God were ONE.
Jews charging Jesus was making Himself GOD

Jesus' CLAIMS were CLEARLY AGAINST Jewish LAW.

And the Jews CLEARLY WANTED .... THEIR Jewish "PUNISHMENT" LAWS to APPLY to Jesus, and to be CARRIED OUT, Against Jesus.

The Romans, had their OWN LAWS.
The Romans, DID NOT CARE about Jewish LAWS or Jewish PUNISHMENT Laws....

""'''UNLESS"""".....the Romans themselves, HAD THE SAME LAWS....which they DID NOT.

However the Romans DID HAVE A LAW, "AGAINST" a person INCITING a RIOT.

The Pharisees WENT TO THE ROMANS, and CLAIMED...JESUS was gathering LARGE CROWDS...and people IN THE CROWDS were being PITTED against eachother....and thus the Pharisees were CLAIMING JESUS was violating ROMAN LAW, by INCITING A RIOT.

^ THAT is what the Romans ARRESTED JESUS FOR.

WHILE Jesus was being HELD prisoner and the RIOT accusations were being INVeStIGAteD....

The ROMAN GOVERNOR, announced TO THE JEWS....THAT HE WAS....using HIS AUTHORITY to INVOKE a ROMAN LAW....
THAT ALLOWED...
FOR
ONCE A YEAR, The Romans WOULD "EXCHANGE" ONE "CONVICTED Jewish Prisoner......
FOR
ONE "ACCUSED" Jewish Prisoner.

The Convicted Prisoner...was Barabas.
The Accused Prisoner.....was Jesus.

The JEWS, INSIDE the COURT, where the Governor make HIS ANNOUNCEMENT...was FILLED with Pharisees and Jews AGAINST Jesus.....THEY SHOUTED LOUDLY....
TO Release Barabas....
AND
TO Crucify Jesus.

Thus ACCORDING TO ROMAN LAW...
The convicted prisoner Barabas was released.
The accused prisoner Jesus was Crucified.

The Romans DID NOT FIND JESUS GUILTY of VIOLATING ANY Roman Law.

The Romans CRUCIFIED Jesus, at the lawful request of the Jews Against Jesus.

(Because under Roman Law, the Jewish did NOT have AUTHORITY TO SENTENCE OR PUT A MAN TO DEATH).

Jesus WAS CRUCIFIED, by the Romans, according to a Roman Law, that ALLOWED Jews to trade a Convicted Jewish prisoner sentenced TO DEATH, for a Jewish prisoner ACCUSED of a crime, that he be sentenced to the SAME punishment as the Convicted prisoner.

WHAT the JEWS...THEN 2,000 years ago...
AND Many Jews TODAY....WERE TOLD...BUT......
DID NOT BELIEVE....

IS

Jesus was NOT VIOLATING THEIR LAW...

But Rather....JESUS was FULFILLING THEIR LAW

And the SAME APPLIES TODAY...

Any Gentile man (can MAKE himself subject to Historical Jewish laws)

Any Jewish man (can KEEP himself subject to Historical Jewish laws)

And ANY MAN...Gentile or Jew ( can Believe Jesus FULFILLED JEWISH LAW....and thus...
Making the LAW....MOOT..(without FORCE or EFFECT).

Jesus didn't change the intent of the Sabbath commandment...to rest from secular labour...but changed the Jews ignorance of that intent.

Disagree.

You attempt to make WORK on the Sabbath OK....."IF"....an individual considers their work.....A GOOD WORK.

Jesus' TEACHING....IS;
To Praise and Worship the LORD GOD...
....EVERYDAY
To do GOOD works...
...EVERYDAY for Gods Glory.

Your teaching is trying to CONFINE Praise and Worship to the Lord God....ON THE SABBATH only...and WORK on the Sabbath IS OKAY, if it is "considered GOOD".

That is NOT Jesus' MESSAGE.

Again...Jesus FULFILLED THE LAW...
There is NO requirement to "ONLY KEEP" the Sabbath day holy,
It is EVERYDAY...a man SHOULD KEEP HOLY, and DO GOOD WORKS...for the Praise and Glory of Gods Great Name.

True again. The Sabbath was made for man. And man forgets it, even though He has been reminded to remember it.

I certainly can REMEMBER...what the SABBATH "WAS"...
However I ALSO REMEMBER...what Jesus MADE EVERY DAY, to "BE".

Like you said above. The Sabbath was made for man. Right? So let me ask you some questions. Short easy questions.
Who made the Sabbath for man?

WHO?...God.
WHAT men?...Given by God to the Hebrews.
WHAT men?...those who AGREED to accept the Sabbath?...the Hebrews
WHAT men?...Agreed to continue the ACCEPTENCE?
...........the Jewish Tribes of Israel...(ie Hebrew descendants.)

The Gentiles? Never given to them.
The Gentiles? A few chose to Subject themselves, agreed themselves to follow and obey Jewish Laws.

did He make the Sabbath for man?

God established and revealed rest day from HIS work on the Seventh day.

Gen 2
[2] And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

WHEN was the Sabbath established for man?
ALL men? No. "THEM"... "men of Mose's clan".

EX 16
[23] And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holysabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

Were there any Jews around when He gave the Sabbath to men?

There were people around, descended from Noah to Moses...(who were accounted faithful and Separated from those not believing In thee God...but none were being called Jews at that time.)

Last part continued.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but let us be honest...

So does loving God with all your heart, soul, mind, and body, include keeping His commandments?

Let's reveal the ESTABLISHED "FACTS"....

God commanded...THEM...the clan of Moses
THREE things;
Precepts
Statutes
Laws

Neh 9 [14] ... commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant:

Statutes ... Laws ... Precepts ... are THREE DIFFERENT THINGS.

It doesn't matter WHO (Moses, a Scribe, a Secretary) is doing the ACTUAL WRITING.

What matters IS WHO...is making the Degree
WHO the Degree APPLIES TO...

God MADE HIS Degree...Gods Degree
God expressly Reveals WHO He has given HIS Degree TO.

Gods DEGREE was GIVEN TO MOSES.

Within the LIMITS of GODS DEGREE... MOSES was given the AUTHORITY to "MAKE LAWS".

Moses MADE LAWS...FOR "his own clan".
(His family, his wife, his children, their wives, his grand children, his servants, etc.)

As members of MOSES' "clan" left MOSES, land, family, sharing of crops & animals...AND went out ON THEIR OWN to other lands....
"THOSE PEOPLE WHO LEFT"....
Could CONTINUE "KEEPING" Moses' LAWS...
OR NOT.

Those STAYING with Mose's CLAN...would be SUBJECT TO Obedience to Mose's LAW...or face CONSEQUENCES....(also IN Mose's LAW, which was called CURSE LAW, or what we would call today PENAL LAW.....which is a negative Consequence for VIOLATING adherence TO THE LAW).

Can't SAY FOR YOU....HOWEVER, I was NEVER in Mose's CLAN, nor have a (traceable BLOOD relative) FROM anyone IN MOSE'S CLAN who left the CLAN, and maybe or maybe not Continued Mose's LAWS.

So FOR ME.... I do NOT claim to be a Hebrew, or a Jew, WHO through their linage CLAIM a blood-line relationship to Hebrews or Jews...NOR CLAIM their adherence to "THEIR" Laws....as LAWS I am subject to, or required to follow, or have penal consequences FOR NOT obeying "THEIR" LAWS.

IN OTHER WORDS....ANY LAW...that DOES NOT APPLY TO ME....IS MOOT...which is to say...ANY LAW THAT DOES NOT APPLY TO ME....HAS NO FORCE and NO EFFECT toward me.

THe Russians have LAWS...
...MOOT to me...no force or effect on me.
THE Islamists have LAWS...
THE Buddhists have LAWS...
THE Hebrews have LAWS...
THE Jews have LAWS...

I am not Russian, Islamist, Buddhist, Hebrew or Jewish....THEIR LAWS do not have force or effect on me.

I am not FORCED to obey their laws.
And there is NO EFFECT (penal consequence) for me NOT FOLLOWING THEIR LAWS.

All the law? All of what law? The civil laws that pertained to Israel? The laws on stoning and offering lambs? Obviously some discernment required here right? But also some wisdom. Do we exclude laws on murder because Jesus "fulfilled the law" Do we exclude any moral standard because it is inconvenient, or superceded by man-made tradition? Can we claim to love God with all our hearts when we divorce our wives for no reason and marry another? Can we claim to love God while transgressing His laws?

There is NOT ONE Law, Statute, Precept...
I AM FORCED to BELIEVE or FOLLOW...
OF GOD or MAN.

LAWS do NOT STOP any man from freely making his own choices to "DO" whatever he wants.

LAWS do NOT GIVE a man "RIGHTS".

LAWS are "governmental" enacted "GUIDELINES"...."FOR" men who CAN NOT BEHAVE according to An "established" government who has "authority" OVER the people within that "governments" jurisdictional boundaries.

LAWS are "also", Religious organizations "guidelines" FOR THEIR RELIGIOUS established standards and principles.

So someone Living in New Jersey...has no subjection to the government of California.

And someone who is NOT a Jew...has no subjection to the Religious Jewish Laws.

JESUS OFFERED.....ANY MAN...ETERNAL LIFE, with HIM and His FATHER GOD....

TO ANY MAN...."WHO" ...

WOULD heartfully CONFESS;
Belief in Jesus the Christ, and God His FATHER, and that He did so raise Jesus from the DEAD.

AND ... such man WOULD heartfully ASK for FORGIVENESS for having NOT BELIEVED.

WHAT does Jesus' OFFER have to DO with ANY agreement to OBEY....ANY LAW, ANY STATUTE or ANY PRECEPT ?

NOtHING.

Jesus' OFFER was BASED ON...A mans WILLINGNESS...to Believe and ACCEPT His OFFER. And what Jesus' was OFFERING...IS ETERNAL LIFE to any man WHO Accepts His OFFER, of eternal LIFE....according to HIS OFFER.......NOT According to a LAW, Statute or Precept.

So....you ask...what about....

All the law?
....Vague...there are hundreds of laws.

All of what law?
.....ANY law YOU personally are subjected to.

The civil laws that pertained to Israel?
.....NOT for me. I am not an Israeli, nor in ......in their jurisdictional boundaries.

The laws on stoning and offering lambs?
......I was never given a LAW that
......pertained to stoning. So irrelevant to me

Obviously some discernment required here right?
......Of course, By what applies to WHOM.

But also some wisdom.
......Absolutely.
......With Knowledge and Wisdom, ANYONE
......can OBSERVE HISTORY of LAWS....
......Governmental LAWS and Religious LAWS.
......and WISELY CONCLUDE...LAWS do NOT
......PREVENT ANYTHING..every LAW ever
......made by men has been BROKEN by men.

Do we exclude laws on murder
......I suppose YOU COULD if YOU wanted to ......But then IF you are not God, or a ......and elected official with authority
......to make such a law for the public at large
......it would have no force and effect.
......IF you are head of your household, you ......would have the authority to make such a
..... law for your household, but then it would
......be superseded by a government law, and ......governmental jurisdiction would have the
......authority to make charges against you,
......and subject you to governmental penal
......law consequences.

However REGARDING GODS LAW against MURDER..."IF" a man is a man WHO has, ACCEPTED JESUS' OFFER of FORGIVENESS and EVERLASTING LIFE, and thereafter the man murders another, "THAT" DOES NOT MAKE JESUS a LIAR...
Jesus HAVING GIVEN the man FORGIVENESS man EVERLASTING LIFE...does not Change ....Jesus is NOT a LIAR.

What changes is the man has committed murder.

What has NOT changed is the "man" WILL BE SUBJECT TO ... the LAWS of Whatever Governmental has established Jurisdictional Authority over that man.

That man may be TRIED, Convicted, Imprisoned, or in some cases Killed.....
He may additionally, lose his job, lose his possessions, lose his reputation, lose his freedom, lose his family.

Additionally, that man will LOSE, BLESSINGS, he could have had from God....but that the man chose to forfeit...when he did works that did not glorify God.

But he will not LOSE, the comfort of the Holy Spirit, or his eternal Life with the Lord.

Do we exclude any moral standard because it is inconvenient, or superceded by man-made tradition?

....Again...you can IF that IS your choice to ....do those things.

....And again...Laws, will not StOP you. God
....will not STOP you.

....You will simply forfeit Blessling from God,
....you could have had.

....You will be subject to Whatever Penal laws
.....men have made....

.....You will be subject to Whatever Society,
..... your family, your neighbors, "DO'
......toward you....reject you...disown you,
......You will "suffer" those consequences.

Can we claim to love God with all our hearts when we divorce our wives

Sure.
Loving God is one thing.
A person divorcing a spouse is not a delclaration of "NOT LOVING GOD".

Divorcing a spouse is a Declaration one no longer wanting to be married to that person.

for no reason

Don't kid yourself. There is always a Reason, whether you know the reason or don't accept the Reason.

Can we claim to love God while transgressing His laws?

Yes. Do you really think, a man WHO LOVES GOD......STOPS LOVING GOD,

Because ... the man;
Divorces their spouse?
Plows their field on the Sabbath?
Tells a lie to another man?
Cheats a man out of his full change?
Charges a man exorbitant interest on a debt?
Forgets to put out feed for his animals?
Steals from another man?
Kills another man?

DO you NOT SEE....those are "TRESAPASSING" BEHAVIORS of MEN "AGAINST" MEN?

What does a mans BEHAVIOR toward OTHER men ..... have to do with a mans LOVE TOWARD GOD?

NOTHING.

Scripture Teaches AT Length ABOUT behavior BETWEEN MEN...

And I just covered that...
1) how you treat other men, will result in ...
Either blessing from God...or failure to receive blessings from God.
2) how you treat other men, will result in...
Men receiving your treatment with gladness...
Or their rejection of your behavior And consequences toward you THEY will dole out toward you.

God TEACHES...HOW for one man TO TREAT another man....for your most BENEFICIAL RESULT...

IF you follow Gods Teaching of men toward men....expect a beneficial result....

IF you do not follow Gods Teaching of men toward men....expect a negative result....

NOTHING proclaims....God will STOP LOVING a MAN....or that a man WILL STOP LOVING GOD....because of HOW a man treats other men.

Scripture FURTHER TEACHES.....a MAN CAN NOT ..... try really hard to LOVE God....or LOVE an ENEMY.......and SUCCEED in LOVING GOD....OR LOVING AN ENEMY.....

WITHOUT THE POWER OF GOD...WITH or IN that man.

Some OT men....HAD the POWER OF GOD WITH THEM....some didn't.

NT men and forward....SOME HAD/HAVE the POWER OF GOD "with" them...SOME "in" them.

ANY man with the POWER OF GOD...."IN" them, is a POWER, that WILL NeVER LEAVE THAT MAN.

THAT man, CAN NEVER Stop Loving God...and CAN NEVER Stop Loving his Enemy.

THAT man, MAY certainly NOT ALWAYS TREAT OTHER MEN....how God has taught....and that man WILL SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES ....
OF THE OTHER MEN.

But that man WILL NEVER Stop Loving God, or Reject God, or BE Rejected BY God.

Glory to God,
Taken

B

brakelite

You attempt to make WORK on the Sabbath OK....."IF"....an individual considers their work.....A GOOD WORK.

Jesus' TEACHING....IS;
To Praise and Worship the LORD GOD...
....EVERYDAY
To do GOOD works...
...EVERYDAY for Gods Glory.

Your teaching is trying to CONFINE Praise and Worship to the Lord God....ON THE SABBATH only...and WORK on the Sabbath IS OKAY, if it is "considered GOOD".
Simply by weight of numbers I concede defeat. I read so much that was nonsense, but sorry, I simply don't have the energy to probe every detail of the above.
I will except the above quote...it isn't up tp me that excuses certain types of work...Jesus made it plain...doing good on the Sabbath is lawful. Period. Selfless serving of others is doing good. Selfish serving of oneself is not doing good. The delineation is clear.
And keeping the Sabbath holy isn't just about going to church and joining in communal worship...it has been established by both Sabbath keepers and Sunday keepers that worship every day is good and proper. No-one argues that point. The issue is that God made a particular day holy, long before there was such a thing as a Jew. It was Jesus, the Creator, who made that day, and gave it to Adam as a gift. A gift obviously to be observed every 7th day...every week...a week that wouldn't exist without the Sabbath...a week that has endured for 6000 years, despite men's brazen attempts to scuttle it, and forget that every 7th day is still holy, sanctified, and sacred, and thus treat it like a common day. Nothing to do with Jews. Everything to do with the day.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply by weight of numbers I concede defeat. I read so much that was nonsense,

None was based on nonsense, but rather scriptural teaching.

but sorry, I simply don't have the energy to probe every detail of the above.

Not a problem for me. I am not the one dismissing as nonsense, without verifying.

I will except the above quote...it isn't up tp me that excuses certain types of work...Jesus made it plain...doing good on the Sabbath is lawful. Period.

I would elaborate, and say doing GOOD...AND GOOD WORKS, on ANY day is pleasing to God.

Selfless serving of others is doing good. Selfish serving of oneself is not doing good. The delineation is clear.
And keeping the Sabbath holy isn't just about going to church and joining in communal worship...it has been established by both Sabbath keepers and Sunday keepers that worship every day is good and proper. No-one argues that point. The issue is that God made a particular day holy, long before there was such a thing as a Jew. It was Jesus, the Creator, who made that day, and gave it to Adam as a gift. A gift obviously to be observed every 7th day...every week...a week that wouldn't exist without the Sabbath...a week that has endured for 6000 years, despite men's brazen attempts to scuttle it, and forget that every 7th day is still holy, sanctified, and sacred, and
Yep,yep....established ONE HOLY DAY...

thus treat it like a common day. Nothing to do with Jews. Everything to do with the day.

I didn't say it was ABOUT the Jews.
ONE HOLY DAY was given the Hebrews for them TO Worship God....the Jews are the descendants of the Hebrews and many choose to carry on the Teaching of the Hebrews.

I might presume you are a Christian and follow after the tradition of the Hebrews/Jews, or perhaps an other day....Sunday, or Wednesday....that your tradition makes set aside for Worshiping God...

I happen to believe God MADE Every DAY...and ANY DAY I choose to Worship and Praise the Lord is HOLY unto Him.

Rom 14
[5] One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

If you choose the Seventh Day, the First Day, the Fourth Day, or Every Day that it be Holy unto the God....YOUR Choice....same as it is my Choice.

Personally, I think God is more interested in
"IF" He is BEING Believed and Remembered, then on which DAY that may occur.

God Bless,
Taken

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummm, there are I think 57 distinctly referenced 7th day Sabbaths referred to in Acts alone. When did the ten commandments become 9?
And none were per Law,
The 10 commandments do not say 7th day.

Freedom From Human Rules
16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

Romans 14:1-6 New International Version (NIV)
The Weak and the Strong
5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong again.
Yes, that is what YOU SAID.

“YOU continue to COMMIT SIN.
YOU are not good. YOU are not perfected.

Yes, I agreed with you, that that APPLIES TO YOU.
That does not APPLY to me.”
Yes, I also said What APPLIES TO YOU, does not APPLY to me.

Where is the supposed LIE?

Doesn't EXIST!
You said what APPLIES TO YOU. I agreed.
I said what does not APPLY to me.
YOU call me a liar.

LOL...

Congrats on your twisted thinking.

Taken
Let's see where we are i this asinine little game you're playing . . .

I made the Biblically-correct statement that we are not perfect because we still sin.
YOU responded by stating that this doesn't apply to YOU. -Yet, when I called you on it - you state that you "never" made this claim.

Like I said before - thank GOD a forum like this records everything so people can see your hypocrisy.
Makes MY job that much easier . . .

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:48 The Greek and Aramaic words for “perfect” can also mean “whole, complete, fully mature, lacking nothing, all-inclusive, well rounded.” (It is a little nuts to think that verse means we are to be without any flaws.)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the context the chapter. Is not what you're claiming.
You are right. It is not what I am claiming. It is what Jesus is saying: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

YOU
have suggested that you intend to literally keep the commandments. Have you done that Coreissue? If you have you lack only one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor......and come, follow me.

Do you intend to LITERALLY fulfill what Jesus said by selling all that you have now that you have kept all of His commandments? You CLEARLY don't intend to fulfill what Jesus said since you have not sold all that you have.

Mary

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh, Jesus only told that one single man, in all the Scriptures, to sell everything. And that was in response to a direct question about what else the man needed to do.
He did not tell his disciples that. It certainly wasn't directed to us. In fact, the Bible is loaded with how to manage all our possessions (which we would not have if we sold them all).

His disciples could not have gone back to fishing if they had previously sold their boats and nets, and given that money to the poor. But, they obviously had boats and nets and places to live and store all that equipment.

Last edited:
Reactions: brakelite

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see where we are i this asinine little game you're playing . . .

I made the Biblically-correct statement that we are not perfect because we still sin.
YOU responded by stating that this doesn't apply to YOU. -Yet, when I called you on it - you state that you "never" made this claim.

Like I said before - thank GOD a forum like this records everything so people can see your hypocrisy.
Makes MY job that much easier . . .

It's asinine to you....BECAUSE you are DEAF to what others ACTUALLY CLAIM applies to them....and instead open YOUR BIG YAP and start making CLAIMS FOR THEM.

Nothing new...you do that all the time, just as I show IN POST # 441 QUOTING "YOUR WORDS" that YOU DECIDED TO CLAIM FOR ME.....

But where were MY QUOTES makes those claimed for me........

NON-existent...!!

Doesn't matter HOW MANY TIMES YOU ARE ASKED TO PRODUCE THE OTHERS QUOTES...you spend multiple posts and pages deflecting and name calling and whining....EVERYTHING but QUOTING what YOU claims the other said.

Fabricate, Fabricate, Deflect, Deflect....

Yes BOL...it is all here for everyone to see and read what you do.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right. It is not what I am claiming. It is what Jesus is saying: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

YOU
have suggested that you intend to literally keep the commandments. Have you done that Coreissue? If you have you lack only one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor......and come, follow me.

Do you intend to LITERALLY fulfill what Jesus said by selling all that you have now that you have kept all of His commandments? You CLEARLY don't intend to fulfill what Jesus said since you have not sold all that you have.

Mary

He is talking to the rich guy who wants to know what he needs to do for salvation.

He is not telling everyone to do this. It is for this man,

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is talking to the rich guy who wants to know what he needs to do for salvation. He is not telling everyone to do this. It is for this man,
I knew you would twist it somehow.....Nice try. Now the burden us upon you to define rich. Since you live in the United States you are probably richer than most of the people in the world. How do you define rich?

You said you were taking scripture LITERALLY. Now you are saying that we shouldn't take Jesus statement LITERALLY? Jesus was LITERALLY talking about wealthy people: For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Sooooo when are you going to give up all that you have to the poor?

Mary

Reactions: bbyrd009

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I knew you would twist it somehow.....Nice try. Now the burden us upon you to define rich. Since you live in the United States you are probably richer than most of the people in the world. How do you define rich?

You said you were taking scripture LITERALLY. Now you are saying that we shouldn't take Jesus statement LITERALLY? Jesus was LITERALLY talking about wealthy people: For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Sooooo when are you going to give up all that you have to the poor?

Mary

Very Catholic of you.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very Catholic of you.
Soooo you are unable to back up your own theory....instead....as I expected you would....you make silly comments that mean nothing.

What I wrote I did not obtain from any Catholic source. I just stated facts and Scripture. Since you are unable to refute those facts or Scripture put in context (like YOU asked me to do) I guess this conversation is done. ;)

Mary

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:48 The Greek and Aramaic words for “perfect” can also mean “whole, complete, fully mature, lacking nothing, all-inclusive, well rounded.” (It is a little nuts to think that verse means we are to be without any flaws.)
It's even MORE nuts to claim that Christians don't or CAN'T sin - when Scripture clearly says that we DO (Rom. 7:14-25, 1 Tim. 1:15, James 5:16, 1 John 1:8).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's asinine to you....BECAUSE you are DEAF to what others ACTUALLY CLAIM applies to them....and instead open YOUR BIG YAP and start making CLAIMS FOR THEM.
Nothing new...you do that all the time, just as I show IN POST # 441 QUOTING "YOUR WORDS" that YOU DECIDED TO CLAIM FOR ME.....
But where were MY QUOTES makes those claimed for me........
NON-existent...!!
Doesn't matter HOW MANY TIMES YOU ARE ASKED TO PRODUCE THE OTHERS QUOTES...you spend multiple posts and pages deflecting and name calling and whining....EVERYTHING but QUOTING what YOU claims the other said.
Fabricate, Fabricate, Deflect, Deflect....
Yes BOL...it is all here for everyone to see and read what you do.
Ahhhhh, yes - the "denial" game.
Thank GOD for online forums . . .

B

brakelite

And none were per Law,
The 10 commandments do not say 7th day.
If it weren't for the law reminding people to remember, they would forget. At least those who can actually bother to read the law... It seems you don't and need that reminder...
KJV Exodus 20
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.