What distinguishes a "Protestant?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know what I would call it, because you do not LISTEN.
I clearly said, Scipture...ALL of Scripture is TRUE. I didn't limit it to ONLY the Gospels.
ACCORDING TO WHOM,(the individual) of WHICH;
ONE VERSE APPLIES....while the OTHER VERSE DOES NOT APPLY.

No, it is not a matter of WHY .
It is a matter of APPLICATION to WHOM

Every Person is NOT called by NAME, In Scripture.

But YET Scripture REVEALS TO WHOM a particular Scripture APPLIES.

The POSSIBILITY of ONE Scripture saying a described man IS GOOD....REVEALS the APPLICATION TO THAT described Individual.

"THE" WHY it IS POSSIBLE for ONE man "TO BE" GOOD....and another man to "NOT BE GOOD"....IS absolutely BY and THROUGH....the WILL, WORD, POWER...
Of God.

Jesus STATED, "no man is good"...

That was a FACT.

However Jesus, ALSO TAUGHT, by Words out of His mouth, AND by His Example....

"HOW MEN" could BECOME GOOD.

And MEN WHO FREELY CHOSE TO hear His words, and ACCEPT His words, and Observed His Example, and DID the same as He Exampled.....

ARE: the SAME men "WHO WERE NOT GOOD, and B-E-C-A-M-E.....G-O-O-D....

They Became Good,
By hearing;
By observing;
By Trusting to Believe;
By Confessing their Belief In Christ Jesus;
By Receiving the Gift of Gods Goodness.

The Scripture that says, "no man is good",
IS STILL TRUE, as ALL Scripture IS TRUE.

However THAT Scripture "NO LONGER APPLIES" to an INDIVIDUAL, "WHOM" has become Changed!!!!!

THAT IS HOW THE WORD OF TRUTH IS RIGHTLY DIVIDED!!!!

THAT ^^ is FALSE.

THAT ^^ is OUT OF CONTEXT.
A man PRYOR, to "the MAN BECOMING CHANGED".....
HAD O RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD!!!

THAT ^^ IS FALSE.

You are DENYING a man can BECOME CHANGED and "MADE" GOOD.

When the ENTIRE Scriptures Encompasses revealing Gods WILL...
OF Gods OFFERING TO ALL MEN.....

The Knowledge
the Wisdom
the Way
an Example
OF "HOW" ...
MEN "CAN BECOME C-H-A-N-G-E-D !!!!

And YOUR SPIN?
IS QUOTING Scriptural WORDS...
Claiming all Scripture is TRUE...
WHILE Denying the TRUTH written in "certain" scriptures...
And then "interjecting" your DENIAL of Scripture...
is BECAUSE
{YOUR SPIN}...God IS Good, and ONLY the Relationship between a man and God is Good, therefore the MAN himself, is NOT GOOD.
NO, that is NOT HOW to RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH...
YOUR METHOD, IS YOUR SPIN, WHICH IS DESIGNED TO "KEEP" "YOUR" FALSE CLAIM, that a man is not good....in tact.

POINT IS....you deflect AWAY from the man, introduce your deflection to a "relationship"....
And THAT, is "supposed" to deflect AWAY from:
1) YOU flat out DENYING what scripture said.
2) YOU focusing on Gods goodness.

And the ODDBALL part of YOUR SPIN...

WHY ARE YOU TEACHING GOD HAS "RELATIONSHIPS" "WITH" ANY MAN....
WHO IS NOT GOOD? LOL
False teaching is never helpful, darky.
And ALL of your Scriptural acrobatics and long-winded, insane blathering can’t change the fact that Jesus Christ, who is GOD said that NOBODY is good but God (Mark 10:18).

If you can’t reconcile His words with Luke 23:50 – then it’s clear that you are woefully-lacking the ability to properly divide Scripture . . .

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And ALL of your Scriptural acrobatics and long-winded,

Already suggested a Toddler Bible for you...They are short and without detail suitable for those are not yet weened and prepared for Understanding.

insane blathering can’t change the fact that Jesus Christ, who is GOD said that NOBODY is good but God (Mark 10:18).

And once again, NOT UNDERSTOOD BY YOU, is I said NOTHING to CHANGE ANY SCRIPTURE!!

If you can’t reconcile His words with Luke 23:50 – then it’s clear that you are woefully-lacking the ability to properly divide Scripture . . .

LOL...You do not "RECONCILE" Scripture to "DIVIDE" Scripture!!! Duh!

The two Scriptures SAY Opposite things....
BECAUSE ONE APPLIES to ALL PEOPLE "BEFORE" they Believe in God "AND" Christ...

AND "WHEN" a man "CHANGES", WHAT scripture DID APPLY TO HIM, "THEN" NO LONGER APPLIES to Him....AND another Scripture WILL APPLY to him.

Hardly expect you to COMPREHEND...but perhaps will be useful information for an other, who is interested in HOW TO DIVIDE the Word of Scriptural TRUTHS...

Unlike you who teaches...

"IF you don't understand it...just blurt out what the Scripture says is not true."

:eek:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already suggested a Toddler Bible for you...They are short and without detail suitable for those are not yet weened and prepared for Understanding.

And once again, NOT UNDERSTOOD BY YOU, is I said NOTHING to CHANGE ANY SCRIPTURE!!
LOL...You do not "RECONCILE" Scripture to "DIVIDE" Scripture!!! Duh!

The two Scriptures SAY Opposite things....
BECAUSE ONE APPLIES to ALL PEOPLE "BEFORE" they Believe in God "AND" Christ...

AND "WHEN" a man "CHANGES", WHAT scripture DID APPLY TO HIM, "THEN" NO LONGER APPLIES to Him....AND another Scripture WILL APPLY to him.

Hardly expect you to COMPREHEND...but perhaps will be useful information for an other, who is interested in HOW TO DIVIDE the Word of Scriptural TRUTHS...

Unlike you who teaches...

"IF you don't understand it...just blurt out what the Scripture says is not true."
Once again you show your complete confusions and failure to properly divide Scripture.
Nobody is Good but God - NOBODY (Mark 10:18).

We change - but HE is still the only one that's good because the "change" in us is HIM, Einstein.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are the one trying to make the case for voices in the head. Not me. I want those who hear voices to get help.
We do from God, dont you??? If it aint God it can only be self or the evil.. neither of which is a good thing.

D

Dave L

We do from God, dont you??? If it aint God it can only be self or the evil.. neither of which is a good thing.
Schizophrenics hear voices in their head. Have you ever sought professional advice in the matter?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again you show your complete confusions and failure to properly divide Scripture.
Nobody is Good but God - NOBODY (Mark 10:18).

We change - but HE is still the only one that's good because the "change" in us is HIM, Einstein.

because the "change" in us

Yes, I was speaking of "the CHANGE" in Joseph; from not good to good.

Not, sure that change has happened for you, thus why it fails your understanding.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I was speaking of "the CHANGE" in Joseph; from not good to good.
Not, sure that change has happened for you, thus why it fails your understanding.
The "change" is that we now cooperate with God's grace.

Other than that - NOBODY is good but GOD (Mark 10:18).

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like we are assuming the translated word, "GOOD", is the same Hebrew or Greek word originally intended in all instances in the Bible. I suspect it is not, since, no matter the specific word written, the surrounding context often changed its meaning entirely.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "change" is that we now cooperate with God's grace.

Other than that - NOBODY is good but GOD (Mark 10:18).

LOL...
I will agree you are not good.

Keep hanging in there with your cooperation ... of the Catholic WAY...

Sinning, Asking for forgiveness.
Sinning. Asking for forgiveness.

'Till your end of life.

LOL

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...
I will agree you are not good.
Keep hanging in there with your cooperation ... of the Catholic WAY...
Sinning, Asking for forgiveness.

'Till your end of life.

LOL
And YOU just keep disagreeing with Christ - who said that NOBODY is good but God (Mark 10:18).

Jesus said it – I believe it, even if YOU don’t . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And YOU just keep disagreeing with Christ - who said that NOBODY is good but God (Mark 10:18).

That is a LIE. And it is a LIE no matter how many times you shamefully repeat it. And it remains a LIE....until you can show ONE TIME,

I have ever said...

disagree with Christ

Jesus said it – I believe it, even if YOU don’t . . .

Jesus spoke the truth, no men "WERE" good.

Men can become changed and BECOME good.

Scripture reveals .... HOW TO Become reconciled, and man again Become Good.

Joesph was an example of a man who Became a good man.

You however....I agree...eh, haven't accomplished Becoming good...and therefore....you are still with those men who are NOT GOOD.

Dividing the word of truth....

Don't have to reject Scripture, like you do...
To KNOW which Scripture APPLIES...

A man WHO has Become Good, would never preach Scripture is NOT TRUE....like you (the catholic teacher) have done....repeatedly.

Rejecting the Truth in Scripture...and Lying....
Pretty confident....that is a man who is NOT GOOD.....an applicable to you.....as you have repeatedly proven.

UGH

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like we are assuming the translated word, "GOOD", is the same Hebrew or Greek word originally intended in all instances in the Bible. I suspect it is not, since, no matter the specific word written, the surrounding context often changed its meaning entirely.

Gen 1 [31] And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

God created man very good.

And when men got around to PRO-creating, his seed was Corrupt, and thus every offspring was Corrupt.

Corrupt...is NOT GOOD.

A Few men in the OT, had followed along after God, and BECAME reconciled and again good, and now are called "saints".

Before Jesus arrived on Earth, men were on a rampage of Corruptness, and Jesus flat out said no men were good.

It is QUITE apparent, a few men began following Jesus, trusting His word, His teaching, and became reconciled to God, by belief in Jesus and God, thus they became Good...and furthermore those who became IN Christ....become the righteousness of God.

I suppose to the Ignorant, they are without understanding.... the Big Picture IS About men "changing" FROM being not good, to BEING Good...

Guess, some men simply choose to remain, NOT GOOD....while others choose to become changed, and Be GOOD, having been reconciled unto God.

What can one do, but accept an others belief, they are NOT GOOD.

Glory to God,
God Bless,

Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a LIE. And it is a LIE no matter how many times you shamefully repeat it. And it remains a LIE....until you can show ONE TIME,

I have ever said...
Jesus spoke the truth, no men "WERE" good.
Men can become changed and BECOME good.
Scripture reveals .... HOW TO Become reconciled, and man again Become Good.
Joesph was an example of a man who Became a good man.

You however....I agree...eh, haven't accomplished Becoming good...and therefore....you are still with those men who are NOT GOOD.
Dividing the word of truth....
Don't have to reject Scripture, like you do...
To KNOW which Scripture APPLIES...

A man WHO has Become Good, would never preach Scripture is NOT TRUE....like you (the catholic teacher) have done....repeatedly.

Rejecting the Truth in Scripture...and Lying....
Pretty confident....that is a man who is NOT GOOD.....an applicable to you.....as you have repeatedly proven.

UGH
With every inane rant of yours - you imply that Jesus lied.

Becoming reconciled doesn’t make you “Good”.
A person who still sins is NOT a “good” person.

We won’t be “good” until we are made PERFECT in Heaven.
Right now – we are BEING perfected – but we ain’t there yet, sparky . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With every inane rant of yours - you imply that Jesus lied.

No.
Never once implied or said Jesus or myself

You are the one who claimed scripture was not true.

Becoming reconciled doesn’t make you “Good”.
A person who still sins is NOT a “good” person.

We won’t be “good” until we are made PERFECT in Heaven.
Right now – we are BEING perfected – but we ain’t there yet, sparky . . .

Agree ...
YOU continue to COMMIT SIN.
YOU are not good. YOU are not perfected.

That does not APPLY to me.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Paul says you can avoid sin by censoring your thoughts and imaginations. But sin is typical for those who do not walk in the Spirit.
The one who is truly born again is not under the total powers of Sin, as such one understands and has a handle on such temptations, but the carnal man is at a lost to the depths of such and is blown about not having a handle or worse much like a dog.

Reactions: Dave L

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's like repeatedly knocking on a door - but nobody's home . . .

Just because a person isn't performing "good" (godly) works - doesn't mean they are engaging in "evil".
Some people are sleeping. Some are eating. Some are just going to the bathroom. NONE of those things are evil.

Your arguments are getting more and more pathetic . . .

Tell me why action is neutral, meaning neither good or evil?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.
Never once implied or said Jesus or myself
You are the one who claimed scripture was not true.
No - I simply know how to read Scripture in CONTEXT - unlike YOU . . .
Agree ...
YOU continue to COMMIT SIN.
YOU are not good. YOU are not perfected.

That does not APPLY to me.

Glory to God,
Taken
And YOUR claim that you have NO sin is completely unscriptural.

John admitted that he still sinned (1 John 1:8).
James admitted that he and his followers still sinned (James 5:16).
Paul admitted that he still struggled with sin (Rom. 7:13-25, 1 Tim. 1:15).

YOU don't seem to be able to do that.
We Christians refer to that as "Spiritual Pride" . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me why action is neutral, meaning neither good or evil?
A person who is ignorant of the truth is not offending God when he eats, sleeps or brushes his teeth (John 9:41).
Only a person who rejects God sins when He doesn't do these things for the glory of God (John 15:22).

B

brakelite

@Willie T I think that while the assertion earlier regarding the princes certainly has an element of truth, there are nuances that must be taken account of. For example, older historians whose works have not suffered from the revisionists offer is a somewhat different perspective... That it wasn't a political struggle for them... It was a struggle for freedom of speech... Freedom of conscience...

One of the noblest testimonies ever uttered for the Reformation was the Protest offered by the Christian princes of Germany at the Diet of Spires in 1529. The courage, faith, and firmness of those men of God gained for succeeding ages liberty of thought and of conscience. Their Protest gave to the reformed church the name of Protestant; its principles are “the very essence of Protestantism.”—D’Aubigne, b. 13, ch. 6.

B

brakelite

The priests demanded that the states which had accepted the Reformation submit implicitly to Romish jurisdiction. The Reformers, on the other hand, claimed the liberty which had previously been granted. They could not consent that Rome should again bring under her control those states that had with so great joy received the word of God. GC 199.1
As a compromise it was finally proposed that where the Reformation had not become established, the Edict of Worms should be rigorously enforced; and that “in those where the people had deviated from it, and where they could not conform to it without danger of revolt, they should at least effect no new reform, they should touch upon no controverted point, they should not oppose the celebration of the mass, they should permit no Roman Catholic to embrace Lutheranism.”—Ibid., b. 13, ch. 5. This measure passed the Diet, to the great satisfaction of the popish priests and prelates. GC 199.2
If this edict were enforced, “the Reformation could neither be extended ... where as yet it was unknown, nor be established on solid foundations ... where it already existed.”—Ibid., b. 13, ch. 5. Liberty of speech would be prohibited. No conversions would be allowed. And to these restrictions and prohibitions the friends of the Reformation were required at once to submit. The hopes of the world seemed about to be extinguished. “The re-establishment of the Romish hierarchy ... would infallibly bring back the ancient abuses;” and an occasion would readily be found for “completing the destruction of a work already so violently shaken” by fanaticism and dissension.—Ibid., b. 13, ch. 5. GC 199.3
As the evangelical party met for consultation, one looked to another in blank dismay. From one to another passed the inquiry: “What is to be done?” Mighty issues for the world were at stake. “Shall the chiefs of the Reformation submit, and accept the edict? How easily might the Reformers at this crisis, which was truly a tremendous one, have argued themselves into a wrong course! How many plausible pretexts and fair reasons might they have found for submission! The Lutheran princes were guaranteed the free exercise of their religion. The same boon was extended to all those of their subjects who, prior to the passing of the measure, had embraced the reformed views. Ought not this to content them? How many perils would submission avoid! On what unknown hazards and conflicts would opposition launch them! Who knows what opportunities the future may bring? Let us embrace peace; let us seize the olive branch Rome holds out, and close the wounds of Germany. With arguments like these might the Reformers have justified their adoption of a course which would have assuredly issued in no long time in the overthrow of their cause. GC 199.4
“Happily they looked at the principle on which this arrangement was based, and they acted in faith.What was that principle? It was the right of Rome to coerce conscience and forbid free inquiry. But were not themselves and their Protestantsubjects to enjoy religious freedom?Yes, as a favor specially stipulated for in the arrangement, but not as a right. As to all outside that arrangement, the great principle of authority was to rule; conscience was out of court; Rome was infallible judge, and must be obeyed. The acceptance of the proposed arrangement would have been a virtual admission that religious liberty ought to be confined to reformed Saxony; and as to all the rest of Christendom, free inquiry and the profession of the reformed faith were crimes, and must be visited with the dungeon and the stake.Could they consent to localize religious liberty? to have it proclaimed that the Reformation had made its last convert? had subjugated its last acre? and that wherever Rome bore sway at this hour, there her dominion was to be perpetuated? Could the Reformers have pleaded that they were innocent of the blood of those hundreds and thousands who, in pursuance of this arrangement, would have to yield up their lives in popish lands? This would have been to betray, at that supreme hour, the cause of the gospel and the liberties of Christendom.”—Wylie, b. 9, ch. 15.Rather would they “sacrifice everything, even their states, their crowns, and their lives.”—D’Aubigne, b. 13, ch. 5. G