What Do The Book of Daniel DECEIVERS Present?!?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have already provided the shock of your life, of how the simple math of God works, and not the falsified, long drawn out process, of made up equations by
"church-ianity".
Here it is, in His "simplest" form: 69+1=70.
Shocking, isn't it??
But, will YOU believe it? Probably not, because there are way too many preconceived ideas floating around in your head, which is "garbage in, garbage out".
Now here are the mechanics of God's complicated math: Add verse 25 and 27 together

It seems that people want to ignore Daniel_8 and its revelation that the "Little Horn" of Daniel_7 is mentioned as the "prince" who will be given an army to destroy Jerusalem.

Daniel_8:8-14: - 8 Therefore the male goat grew very great; but when he became strong, the large horn was broken, and in place of it four notable ones came up toward the four winds of heaven. 9 And out of one of them came a little horn which grew exceedingly great toward the south, toward the east, and toward the Glorious Land. 10 And it grew up to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and some of the stars to the ground, and trampled them. 11 He even exalted himself as high as the Prince of the host; and by him the daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of His sanctuary was cast down. 12 Because of transgression, an army was given over to the horn to oppose the daily sacrifices; and he cast truth down to the ground. He did all this and prospered.

13 Then I heard a holy one speaking; and another holy one said to that certain one who was speaking, "How long will the vision be, concerning the daily sacrifices and the transgression of desolation, the giving of both the sanctuary and the host to be trampled underfoot?"

14 And he said to me, "For two thousand three hundred days, {i.e. years}; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed."
Now we come to Daniel_9:24-27 where we have a number of separate prophecies which have been mangled because of the mathematical patterns that people want to see in them.

Daniel_9:24-27: -
First prophecy concerning the people and Jerusalem: -

24 "Seventy weeks, (i.e. 490 years), are determined
For your people and for your holy city,
To finish the transgression,​

Second prophecy concerning the changes to the salvation process: -

{After which The Messiah will:-}
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint the Most Holy {place}.​

Third prophecy concerning the refurbishment of the temple by Herod: -

25 "Know therefore and understand,
That from the going forth of the command
To restore and build Jerusalem
Until Messiah the Prince,
There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
The street shall be built again, and the wall,
Even in troublesome times.​

Fourth prophecy concerning when the second prophecy would be completed: -

26 "And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;​

Fifth prophecy concerning the destruction of the city and the sanctuary and how long that destruction will last

And the people of the prince, (i.e. the prince is the Little Horn of Dan.8), who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war, (i.e. the war in heaven), desolations are determined.​

Sixth prophecy concerning a time period in the distant future, after the release of Satan and his cohorts from the Bottomless pit:-

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate."​

All of the six prophecies above are independent of each other and the weeks of years cannot be added together as is being suggested, because of the independence of the six prophecies.

Prophecy one has a duration of 490 years.

Prophecy two has no duration associated with it as it will happen in the instance that the Messiah dies on the cross.

Prophecy three has a duration of 483 years and a different starting point for the prophecy which is not the same starting point as in prophecy one.

Prophecy four has no duration associated with it as it will happen in the instance that the messiah dies on the cross.

Prophecy five's starting point is the birth of the Messiah as prophesied in Daniel_8, and its end point is the end of the war in Heaven when Satan and his cohorts are judged in heaven and thrown out of heaven. When they are thrown out of Heaven in our near future, (Revelation_12:7-12) possibly in 25 years time, they will be imprisoned in the bottomless pit where they will have no means of having any direct influence on the people of the earth for 1,000 years, (Isaiah_24:21-22, Revelation_20:1-3) after which they will be released to march over the whole earth for a little while period, (Revelation_ 20:7-10, 13).

Prophecy six cannot happen until the Little horn, i.e. The False Prophecy, is released from out of the earth.

So to add Prophecy three to prophecy six to have symmetry with prophecy one forced an understanding that is not found in the six prophecy found in Daniel_9:24-27 and this logic has been used to obscurer God's truth/understanding for many years.

How have people caused this truth from becoming common knowledge? By using scripture to claim that the people who have this understanding are falsifying God's prophetic words in the scripture with posts which give the following message: -

I like the saying, "This ain't my first rodeo", because we should expect disrupters to attack, divert, interfere, etc. So please don't be surprised when satan's minions show up. :)

Sadly, the opposite is the truth.

Shalom

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that people want to ignore Daniel_8 and its revelation that the "Little Horn" of Daniel_7 is mentioned as the "prince" who will be given an army to destroy Jerusalem.

Daniel_8:8-14: - 8 Therefore the male goat grew very great; but when he became strong, the large horn was broken, and in place of it four notable ones came up toward the four winds of heaven. 9 And out of one of them came a little horn which grew exceedingly great toward the south, toward the east, and toward the Glorious Land. 10 And it grew up to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and some of the stars to the ground, and trampled them. 11 He even exalted himself as high as the Prince of the host; and by him the daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of His sanctuary was cast down. 12 Because of transgression, an army was given over to the horn to oppose the daily sacrifices; and he cast truth down to the ground. He did all this and prospered.

13 Then I heard a holy one speaking; and another holy one said to that certain one who was speaking, "How long will the vision be, concerning the daily sacrifices and the transgression of desolation, the giving of both the sanctuary and the host to be trampled underfoot?"

14 And he said to me, "For two thousand three hundred days, {i.e. years}; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed."
Now we come to Daniel_9:24-27 where we have a number of separate prophecies which have been mangled because of the mathematical patterns that people want to see in them.

Daniel_9:24-27: -
First prophecy concerning the people and Jerusalem: -

24 "Seventy weeks, (i.e. 490 years), are determined
For your people and for your holy city,
To finish the transgression,​

Second prophecy concerning the changes to the salvation process: -

{After which The Messiah will:-}
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint the Most Holy {place}.​

Third prophecy concerning the refurbishment of the temple by Herod: -

25 "Know therefore and understand,
That from the going forth of the command
To restore and build Jerusalem
Until Messiah the Prince,
There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
The street shall be built again, and the wall,
Even in troublesome times.​

Fourth prophecy concerning when the second prophecy would be completed: -

26 "And after the sixty-two weeks
Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;​

Fifth prophecy concerning the destruction of the city and the sanctuary and how long that destruction will last

And the people of the prince, (i.e. the prince is the Little Horn of Dan.8), who is to come
Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The end of it shall be with a flood,
And till the end of the war, (i.e. the war in heaven), desolations are determined.​

Sixth prophecy concerning a time period in the distant future, after the release of Satan and his cohorts from the Bottomless pit:-

27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate."​

All of the six prophecies above are independent of each other and the weeks of years cannot be added together as is being suggested, because of the independence of the six prophecies.

Prophecy one has a duration of 490 years.

Prophecy two has no duration associated with it as it will happen in the instance that the Messiah dies on the cross.

Prophecy three has a duration of 483 years and a different starting point for the prophecy which is not the same starting point as in prophecy one.

Prophecy four has no duration associated with it as it will happen in the instance that the messiah dies on the cross.

Prophecy five's starting point is the birth of the Messiah as prophesied in Daniel_8, and its end point is the end of the war in Heaven when Satan and his cohorts are judged in heaven and thrown out of heaven. When they are thrown out of Heaven in our near future, possibly in 25 years time, they will be imprisoned in the bottomless pit where they will have no means of having any direct influence on the people of the earth for 1,000 years, (Isaiah_24:21-22, Revelation_20:1-3) after which they will be released to march over the whole earth for a little while period, (Revelation_ 20:7-10, 13).

Prophecy six cannot happen until the Little horn, i.e. The False Prophecy, is released from out of the earth.

So to add Prophecy three to prophecy six to have symmetry with prophecy one forced an understanding that is not found in the six prophecy found in Daniel_9:24-27 and this logic has been used to obscurer God's truth/understanding for many years.

How have people caused this truth from becoming common knowledge? By using scripture to claim that the people who have this understanding are falsifying God's prophetic words in the scripture with posts which give the following message: -

Sadly, the opposite is the truth.

Shalom

Edit: Whoops!

Daniel 9's 70 week prophecy spans from Medea Persia to Rome pointing to the time of Jesus and the destruction of the temple; Daniel 8 is before Rome. The ram was Alexander the Great, the four horns were his four generals that separated the kingdom rulership after AtheG died. The little horn was Greek - Antiochus Epiphanes the IV, and came out of one of the four provinces. He slaughtered a pig on the altar to Zeus. His reign was for 11 years, and the Maccabean revolt was for 2300 actual days, a little over 6 years . Maccabees cleansed the temple, and Herod rebuilt it.

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bobby Jo, come on now, contribute. ...

When my grandchildren say, Grandpa, can we have (fill in the blank), I say, no sweetheart. And when they ask again, I say, no sweetheart. And when they ask a third time I tell them if they ask three more times I'll says "yes". So they ask three more times, and I say, no sweetheart. :)

Bobby Jo

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When my grandchildren say, Grandpa, can we have (fill in the blank), I say, no sweetheart. And when they ask again, I say, no sweetheart. And when they ask a third time I tell them if they ask three more times I'll says "yes". So they ask three more times, and I say, no sweetheart. :)

Bobby Jo

Bully!!! ;)

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Daniel 9 is about the time of Jesus; Daniel 8 is before Rome. The little horn was Greek - Antiochus Epiphanes the IV. Maccabees cleansed the temple, and Herod rebuilt it.

If Daniel_9:24-27 is about the time of Jesus, then why does it start 490 years before the time of Christ and end shortly before the return of Christ in our distant future?

If Daniel_8 is before Rome, then why has this chapter a 2,300 year timespan that reaches to a point in time in our near future when the end of this present age concludes?

Sadly scholars in the past have searched for explanations of the scriptures to explain away their misunderstandings because they could not comprehend the time spans of thousands of years for their fulfilments. Unfortunately, their scholarly works are still available to lead us all astray.

Shalom

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just don't want to ruin what false teacher have indoctrinated you with which could cause you consternation. It's a difficult process to have to completely re-orient your thinking from WHAT YOU THOUGHT YOU KNEW to what you should have been told.

For some people it's too much for them to take. Consider all those who have believed the Tribulation era RAPTURE, when it doesn't come to pass and they're under persecution. -- Scripture accounts for their GREAT FALLING AWAY.

And so I can't afford to SHOCK you with such a divergent reality. It just may be too much for you. :)

Just thinking of YOU!
Bobby Jo

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Daniel_9:24-27 is about the time of Jesus, then why does it start 490 years before the time of Christ and end shortly before the return of Christ in our distant future?

If Daniel_8 is before Rome, then why has this chapter a 2,300 year timespan that reaches to a point in time in our near future when the end of this present age concludes?

Sadly scholars in the past have searched for explanations of the scriptures to explain away their misunderstandings because they could not comprehend the time spans of thousands of years for their fulfilments. Unfortunately, their scholarly works are still available to lead us all astray.

Shalom

As for Daniel 9, I was only referring to the 70 week prophecy concerning Christ's first coming and the destruction of Herod's temple.

Do you recognize Alexander the Great in Daniel 8, or not?

2300 evenings and mornings is not prophetic time; it is not years. The specifics of evenings and mornings determines it is actual time, not prophetic. If it was prophetic time in years, it is not near future, it would be 2132.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jay Ross I added some to my post that you missed.

Daniel 9 is about the time of Jesus and Rome; Daniel 8 is before Rome. The ram was Alexander the Great, the four horns were his four generals that separated the kingdom rulership after AtheG died. The little horn was Greek - Antiochus Epiphanes the IV, and came out of one of the four provinces. He slaughtered a pig on the altar to Zeus. His reign was for 11 years, and the Maccabean revolt was for 2300 actual days, a little over 6 years . Maccabees cleansed the temple, and Herod rebuilt it.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As for Daniel 9, I was only referring to the 70 week prophecy concerning Christ's first coming and the destruction of Herod's temple.

Yes, but the third beast only rose up/manifested itself after the death of Alexandra the Great.

Do you recognize Alexander the Great in Daniel 8, or not?

But, the time span covered by Daniel_9:24-27 will approach three and a half ages before it is all fulfilled. The collective time spans is simply not just 490 years. Allow the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth to you, do not be bullied into accepting someone else's theories unless the Holy Spirit confirms their words as being true. And that includes all of the posters here on this forum, including me.

Shalom

PS: - Your additional words do not make a difference to your post. Take your time to reach your conclusions, and carefully test what other may post against the Bible text as your base reference.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bobby Jo, come on now, contribute. Personally, I just had a shock but my heart is not here to mock others or to be mocked, but to be convinced. And @Earburner, I don't know if you are a Christian or not, but a true Christian has the Holy Spirit and the fruit of the Spirit. Please take out 100% of the menacing mocking, and show more dates and actual history. I'm learning some things, in spite of the demonic attitudes.
Lol, no demonic attitudes here! I am a born again Christian, graced by the authority of His Holy Spirit, and the fruit thereof.
"Truth makes no enemies, except in the minds of those who attempt to refute it."- Earburner
Unfortunately, today most all professing Christians are being duped very badly by the lies of
"church-ianity", and as a result, because they are LIES, they are also deeply embedded in the psyche of the "natural man's" mind. The only approach that works, is full frontal shock treatment first, to get one's attention.
So, even though it's not the approach that I prefer to take, it always turns out to be that way, because the religious delusion is running so deep in most, that the truth of the Lord's truth is never heard.
In case you haven't noticed, time is no longer in anyone's favor.
Everyone is aware that 69 + 1 = 70. But you had absolutely nothing to do with what shocked me. You never mentioned the dates of 66 AD to 73 AD (7 years!!!). Do you know what they represent? There has been debate whether there is a 2000 year span in between 70 AD and the second coming. And whether verse 27 is Jesus, Titus or the future Antichrist, which I now believe is Titus. Your attitude is very arrogant, which makes you unrecognizable as a teacher of any kind of Truth. There is much you need to learn, such as verse 24.
Though you may not know how or why I mean this, the answer is, I don't care to know more lies, that only add to the delusion that already exists!
I already know what you need to be shocked by, but you ignored it, being evident of your looking for the fictitious character, they all love to call "THE Antichrist".
The entirety of your questions, about the 70 weeks are answered in Daniel 9:24. Please try to study it with the Holy Spirit's help only.
Clue: what was it that was "determined"?
Can you list the 6 issues, and who it was that fulfilled them?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but the third beast only rose up/manifested itself after the death of Alexandra the Great.

But, the time span covered by Daniel_9:24-27 will approach three and a half ages before it is all fulfilled. The collective time spans is simply not just 490 years. Allow the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth to you, do not be bullied into accepting someone else's theories unless the Holy Spirit confirms their words as being true. And that includes all of the posters here on this forum, including me.

Shalom

PS: - Your additional words do not make a difference to your post. Take your time to reach your conclusions, and carefully test what other may post against the Bible text as your base reference.

Yes, but after Alexander the Great's death, it was still Greece.

Daniel 7
Babylon: 2 Daniel spoke, saying, “I saw in my vision by night, and behold, the four winds of heaven were stirring up the Great Sea. 3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, each different from the other. 4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle’s wings. I watched till its wings were plucked off; and it was lifted up from the earth and made to stand on two feet like a man, and a man’s heart was given to it.

Medea Persia 5 “And suddenly another beast, a second, like a bear. It was raised up on one side, and had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. And they said thus to it: ‘Arise, devour much flesh!’

Greece: 6 “After this I looked, and there was another, like a leopard (Alexander the Great), which had on its back four wings (four generals) of a bird. The beast also had four heads, and dominion was given to it.

Rome: 7 “After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, exceedingly strong. It had huge iron teeth; it was devouring, breaking in pieces, and trampling the residue with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns. 8 I was considering the horns, and there was another horn, a little one, coming up among them, before whom three of the first horns were plucked out by the roots. And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking pompous words.

Daniel 8:
In the third year of the reign of King Belshazzar a vision appeared to me—to me, Daniel—after the one that appeared to me the first time. 2 I saw in the vision, and it so happened while I was looking, that I was in Shushan, the citadel, which is in the province of Elam; and I saw in the vision that I was by the River Ulai. 3 Then I lifted my eyes and saw, and there, standing beside the river, was a Media Persia: ram which had two horns, and the two horns were high; but one was higher than the other, and the higher one came up last. 4 I saw the ram pushing westward, northward, and southward, so that no animal could withstand him; nor was there any that could deliver from his hand, but he did according to his will and became great.

5 And as I was considering, suddenly a (Greece) male goat came from the west, across the surface of the whole earth, without touching the ground; and the goat had a (Alexander the Great: notable horn between his eyes. 6 Then he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing beside the river, and ran at him with furious power. 7 And I saw him confronting the ram; he was moved with rage against him, attacked the ram, and broke his two horns (defeated Medea Persia). There was no power in the ram to withstand him, but he cast him down to the ground and trampled him; and there was no one that could deliver the ram from his hand.

8 Therefore the male goat grew very great; but when he became strong, the (death of Alexander the Great) large horn was broken, and in place of it (his four generals) four notable ones came up toward the four winds of heaven. 9 And out of one of them (this is still Greece) came a little horn (Antiochus Epiphanes IV) which grew exceedingly great toward the south, toward the east, and toward the Glorious Land. 10 And it grew up to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and some of the stars to the ground, and trampled them. 11 He even exalted himself as high as the Prince of the host; and by him the (Antiochus slaughtered a pig to Zeus on the temple altar) daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of His sanctuary was cast down. 12 Because of transgression, an army was given over to the horn to oppose the daily sacrifices; and he cast truth down to the ground. He did all this and prospered.

13 Then I heard a holy one speaking; and another holy one said to that certain one who was speaking, “How long will the vision be, concerning the daily sacrifices and the transgression of desolation, the giving of both the sanctuary and the host to be trampled underfoot?”

14 And he said to me, “For two thousand three hundred [h] Daniel 8:14 Lit. evening-mornings days; then the sanctuary shall be cleansed.” (167 BC to 160 BC a little over 6 1/3 years, the Maccabean revolt)

That was still Greece. The notable horn (A the G) and his four generals, with a little horn out of one of them - Antiochus E IV.

Edit: I'm wrong... Daniel 9 70 weeks prophecy starts with Medea Persia and ends in Rome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Earburner

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, no demonic attitudes here! I am a born again Christian, graced by the authority of His Holy Spirit, and the fruit thereof.
"Truth makes no enemies, except in the minds of those who attempt to refute it."- Earburner
Unfortunately, today most all professing Christians are being duped very badly by the lies of
"church-ianity", and as a result, because they are LIES, they are also deeply embedded in the psyche of the "natural man's" mind. The only approach that works, is full frontal shock treatment first, to get one's attention.
So, even though it's not the approach that I prefer to take, it always turns out to be that way, because the religious delusion is running so deep in most, that the truth of the Lord's truth is never heard.
In case you haven't noticed, time is no longer in anyone's favor.

Though you may not know how or why I mean this, the answer is, I don't care to know more lies, that only add to the delusion that already exists!
I already know what you need to be shocked by, but you ignored it, being evident of your looking for the fictitious character, they all love to call "THE Antichrist".
The entirety of your questions, about the 70 weeks are answered in Daniel 9:24. Please try to study it with the Holy Spirit's help only.
Clue: what was it that was "determined"?
Can you list the 6 issues, and who it was that fulfilled them?

You can't even see that I agreed with you. You are just too filled with contempt. Bye!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happened when Titus destroyed Jerusalem in 70 AD is not related to this prophecy for the simple reason that the Abomination of Desolation was not set up by the Antichrist within the Holy Place at that time. This is a future event (see Revelation 13) and the third temple must be built in order for that prophecy to be fulfilled (see Matthew 24 and 2 Thessalonians).
If I mentioned to you that the "AoD" already took place, and who it was that the "type" was about, you would rather not think about it, because it would scare you to death, that you could even think that way.
But then again, God's thoughts are NOT our thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't even see that I agreed with you. You are just too filled with contempt. Bye!
No, I did see that you agreed with me, but then you attacked my manner pf presentation.
I am not here trying to win popularity contests!
When I am writing to someone, I am also considering the other readers.
I am filled with Contempt? LoL!!
Well, as I did say:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I did see that you agreed with me, but then you attacked my manner pf presentation.
I am not here trying to win popularity contests!
When I am writing to someone, I am also considering the other readers.
I am filled with Contempt? LoL!!
Well, as I did say:

19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jay Ross

#63 is wrong and I edited it.

Here is the edit.

Daniel 9's 70 week prophecy spans from Medea Persia to Rome pointing to the time of Jesus and the destruction of the temple; Daniel 8 is before Rome. The ram was Alexander the Great, the four horns were his four generals that separated the kingdom rulership after AtheG died. The little horn was Greek - Antiochus Epiphanes the IV, and came out of one of the four provinces. He slaughtered a pig on the altar to Zeus. His reign was for 2300 actual days, a little over 6 years . Maccabees cleansed the temple, and Herod rebuilt it.

Reactions: Earburner

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SPECIAL notice to: @CharismaticLady and @pompadour
... 'cause THEY'RE SPECIAL ;)

To All,

I like the saying, "This ain't my first rodeo", because we should expect disrupters to attack, divert, interfere, etc. So please don't be surprised when satan's minions show up. :)

So the next aspect we should address is the CONTEXT in the Book of Daniel. In 12:4 & 9, the angel instructs Daniel:

Dan. 12:4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
9 He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end.

Per this passage, we MUST anticipate the fulfillment to apply to an era where people travel some 60 to 600 miles per hour, and where information is literally at our finger tips. But the commentator have a different agenda. They have contrived a FALSE Scripture and FALSE History so that they can be the EXPERTS who have an answer. Now their answer is a LIE, but it's their BEST LIE. So let's take a look:

In the book, “Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation,” John Walvoord writes regarding the interpretation of the seventy “weeks:”

The history of the exegesis of the 70 Weeks is the Dismal Swamp of O. T. criticism. The difficulties that beset any "rationalistic" treatment of the figures are great enough, but the critics on this side of the fence do not agree among themselves; but the trackless wilderness of assumptions and theories and efforts to obtain an exact chronology fitting into the the history of Salvation, after these 2,000 years of infinitely varied interpretations, would seem to preclude any use of the 70 Weeks for the determination of a definite prophetic chronology. ... "

John Wolvoord, "Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation", Moody Press, Chicago, 1971, p. 217

“This prophesy of the seventy sevens is one of the most difficult in the entire OT, and although the interpretations are almost legion, we shall confine ourselves to the discussion of three which may be regarded as of particular importance.”[1]

Note: According to the dictionary[2] a legion consists of 3,000 to 6,000 foot soldiers, and 300 to 700 cavalry.

[1] Guthrie, D., & J.A. Motyer, New Bible Commentary: Revised, Eerdmans Publishing Co., Grand Rapids, MI, 1970, p. 699
[2] Webster’s New Twentieth Century Dictionary - 2nd ed, p. 1035

“... Montgomery, for all of his scholarship and knowledge of the history of interpretation, ends up with no reasonable interpretation at all.”[1]

“... as Young points out, the word ‘sevens’ is in the masculine plural instead of the usual feminine plural. No clear explanation is given except that Young feels ‘it was for the deliberate purpose of calling attention to the fact that the word “sevens” is employed in an unusual sense.’”[2]

“...Young finally concludes after some discussion that Keil and Kliefoth are correct when they hold that the word ‘sevens’ does not necessarily mean year-weeks, but an intentionally indefinite designation of a period of time measured by the number seven, which chronological duration must be determined on other grounds.”[3]

[1] John Walvoord, Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation, Moody Press, Chicago, 1971, p. 217
[2] IBID, p. 217
[3] IBID, p. 218

“...the Book of Daniel, where a period of seventy weeks of years, i.e. 490 years, is given as separating the epoch of Nebuchadnezzar from that of the Messiah. As it happens, if to this figure of 390 years [Damascus Document] is added, firstly twenty (during which the ancestors of the Community ‘groped’ for their way until the entry on the scene of the Teacher of Righteousness), then another forty (the time span between the death of the Teacher and the dawn of the messianic epoch), the total stretch of years arrived at is 450. And if to this total is added the duration of the Teacher’s ministry of, say, forty years - a customary round figure - the final result is the classic seventy times seven years.”[1]

[1] Geza Vermes, The Complete Dead Sea Scrolls In English, Penguin Putnam Inc., NY, 1997, p. 58

“[Per Young] This phrase has reference to the issuance of the word, not from a Persian ruler but from God. Young goes on to point out that the expression the commandment, which he insists is better translated “a word” (Heb. Dābār; cf. 2Ch 30:5) is also found is Daniel 9:23 for a word from God.”[1]

[1] John Walvoord, Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation, Moody Press, Chicago, 1971, p. 224

Consider the Contemporary English Version, (CEV), footnote for verse 25 which provides that any priest or king is called an anointed one (mâshiyach).

9.25 ... the Chosen Leader: Or “a chosen leader.” In Hebrew the word “chosen” means “to pour oil (on someone’s head).” In Old Testament times it was the custom to pour oil on a person’s head when that person was chosen to be a priest or a king.[1]

There are 39 such citations, for which the translators capitalize 2 without any authorization, and for example Leviticus provides what happens if a mâshiyach sins:

Lev. 4:3 If the priest that is anointed H4899 do sin according to the sin of the people; then let him bring for his sin, which he hath sinned, a young bullock without blemish unto the LORD for a sin offering.

By now it should be obvious that what we've been told about this Book of Daniel, and particularly this 9th Chapter, is untrue. We MUST find a fulfillment approximate to the era of 1948 if we are to find ANY fulfillment.

Bobby Jo
The Biblical answer to your question - with the accompanying paralleling 2,300 Days prophecy, because both begin at the same time:
daniels70week.png

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.
Are you the judge now of what is good or bad fruit in the discussion of topics?
Your scripture quote holds no threat over me.
His good fruit is manifested through me in his time, and not that which I shall foolishly manufacture by my own flesh.
Do yo know the difference?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jay Ross

#63 is wrong and I edited it.

Here is the edit.

Daniel 9's 70 week prophecy spans from Medea Persia to Rome pointing to the time of Jesus and the destruction of the temple; Daniel 8 is before Rome. The ram was Alexander the Great, the four horns were his four generals that separated the kingdom rulership after AtheG died. The little horn was Greek - Antiochus Epiphanes the IV, and came out of one of the four provinces. He slaughtered a pig on the altar to Zeus. His reign was for 2300 actual days, a little over 6 years . Maccabees cleansed the temple, and Herod rebuilt it.
If you are discussing the span of the 70 weeks, how did you forget about who it was that fulfilled
Daniel 9:24?