What do u do in this situation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You see a spider on the wall. Do u

• Catch it and drain it down the sink

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Out of all the nasty creatures in Australia its the box jellyfish that i would least like to encounter. Their said to be the most poisonous animal in the world with enough venom to kill 60 adults. Thankfully we haven't got them in Vic but

The Irukandji jellyfish is said to have the most painful venom and there is no anti-venom for the sting. Its only the size of your thumbnail

But how could i forget the blue-ringed octopus in my own backyard...
Although it's relatively small -- only the size of a golf ball -- its venom is debilitating and deadly. It can cause respiratory failure within 10 minutes and death within 30. One bite can kill up to 26 men, and there is no antidote.

All 3 of those animals appear in the top 4 most venomous animals on earth according to this list
The most venomous animals on Earth, ranked

Ohhh there you go... We haven't got any killer mammals here...

I think the country with the least dangerous animals is New Zealand...
The islands have no native mammals or reptiles... @Backlit and @APAK would know more...
There are no native snakes in New Zealand but apparently there is a small enclave of red belly blacks on the west coast of the south island in an old gold mining area obviously imported from here on a ship. And there has been the odd report from time to time of salt water crocs managing the trip from Oz but they have never been seen on land.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wow, that was amazing, and hilarious. We have a bird called a mocking bird. He dosn't talk human, but he will copy all the different other birds. One morning I listened to one making all these different bird calls, never repeating one, and at the end he made the sound of a fire truck alarm!

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ye for people overseas, the array of bugs and insects here in Oz is uncountable...
Im not joking. There are new ones found here all the time that were unknown to science... The Amazon is famous for creatures being found that are previously undocumented but we have our fair share too... A new spider i saw not long ago here in Oz... Gods evolution or unfound creatures???

Unfound creatures, the earth is such a big place, they are still discovering sea creatures.

But i was gonna get your attention cos not only are u bush but your near water which is an even bigger factor...
So then... What defence and extraction systems are in place in your house? Any creature friendly ideas?

Lol the fly net on the security screen door and windows.

Other than that nope. There's a bug zapper outside, not insect friendly and not used much though. :p

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

tenor-1.gif

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... That is fantastic... A Tui... Endemic to NZ... That particular individual was hilarious... It even has the Kiwi accent...
LoL... That was so unexpected... The Tui... It has a beautiful song and thats not what song birds do... Their good at singing and thats it

Parrots are known for mimicking humans and whistling and everything else... One of the most impressive vocal birds in the world lives in your backyard. The lyrebird... Ive never seen one in the wild but there is a good chance i heard it without even knowing...
I'll spot one day, God willing... Hopefully with a spectacular display like this...

Reactions: Brakelite

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I ran over a snake like that size just south of Katherine NT as it was crossing on the road and then heading to Queensland from the 3 ways, 3 abos had driven off the road and were trying to drag a huge snake like that out of a hole and the snake was not wanting to come out that's for sure but they sure wanted him.

ssshhhh quiet ReggieB its a secret remember... ur scaring away the tourists mate

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We were truly blessed with our trip to NZ... We expected snow and we were greeted by the freshest of deep powder under a bright blue sky...
Overlooking the lake and the Southern alps... It was just unreal...

One of the most unexpected and pleasant surprises was encountering this parrot up in the snow, the Kea... Id never never heard of these birds and was taken back by how inquisitive they were. I saw them sneaking up and stealing peoples food, raiding cars, on the march for food and just acting and socializing in a way i had never seen... Not the most attractive birds until the red underwing is exposed when they take to the sky

When i got back to Australia i decided to learn more about these Keas... Their the only alpine parrot in the world...
I found a documentary called "Kea. The worlds smartest parrot" narrated by Attenborough himself...
That documentary blew me away even more... Here is just a short clip from it...

And highly recommended watch for anyone, especially bird lovers. They are just fantastic in the way they act, different to any other parrot.
I could sit and watch them in the wild for hours with a huge grin on my face...

And so what is the most intelligent bird in the world... Im not talking about beat boxers and voice mimics... Im talking problem solving
In this video there is a magic box with food in it... There will be 4 rounds each with a different way to retrieve the food...
Here we have the New Caledonian crow vs the Kea... Watch it and see who wins... Who is the most switched on...

Round one...

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We were truly blessed with our trip to NZ... We expected snow and we were greeted by the freshest of deep powder under a bright blue sky...
Overlooking the lake and the Southern alps... It was just unreal...

One of the most unexpected and pleasant surprises was encountering this parrot up in the snow, the Kea... Id never never heard of these birds and was taken back by how inquisitive they were. I saw them sneaking up and stealing peoples food, raiding cars, on the march for food and just acting and socializing in a way i had never seen... Not the most attractive birds until the red underwing is exposed when they take to the sky

When i got back to Australia i decided to learn more about these Keas... Their the only alpine parrot in the world...
I found a documentary called "Kea. The worlds smartest parrot" narrated by Attenborough himself...
That documentary blew me away even more... Here is just a short clip from it...

And highly recommended watch for anyone, especially bird lovers. They are just fantastic in the way they act, different to any other parrot.
I could sit and watch them in the wild for hours with a huge grin on my face...

And so what is the most intelligent bird in the world... Im not talking about beat boxers and voice mimics... Im talking problem solving
In this video there is a magic box with food in it... There will be 4 rounds each with a different way to retrieve the food...
Here we have the New Caledonian crow vs the Kea... Watch it and see who wins... Who is the most switched on...

Round one...

Its well known that if you park your car/MPV/motorhome in the car park at Mt Cook to go skiing, the likelihood of returning to find your wiper blades missing and all the rubber elsewhere on your vehicle dismantled by the Kea is quite high.

Reactions: Cristo Rei