What do u do in this situation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You see a spider on the wall. Do u

• Catch it and drain it down the sink

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
images

@Nancy
Always turn the light on in the middle of the night when you've gotta go. :D
Oh Lord, WHY??!!!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! I won't even watch wildlife shows where the loin takes a gazelle or some other animal down. Cannot do it. Same with watching a movie and the dog gets killed! There are at least 3 of us on here who are very connected to animals...you...me and @aspen .

And, @Cristo Rei
As far as spiders go...the daddy long legs do not bother me at all, and they eat little bugs and have small bodies. Now, if you are talking the big bodied ones that can and DO jump :eek: well, he has to leave the premises or I'd never sleep! Lol. Not to say I have never killed spiders, it can be an immediate instinct to do so, especially if you don't know what kind of spider it is. :)

if I was into murdering spiders, I would probably just vacuum them up, along with any web

Reactions: Nancy

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When someone mentions Roo's I naturally go to reach for my gun. they are a pest ! and just a over grown rat to me. they kill people or mess you up real bad, if you ride a road bike oh boy, I have hit two and in a car I drive with one foot hovering over the brake, when I drove in NZ I knew their was no Roo's but old habits, my wife hates that I will hit the brakes so hard in an instant at times, but hey I do not want to hit a Roo as they make a mess of ya car and the can come in through the windscreen and kick you to death and then their is echidna season and you run over them and you have two tyres destroyed in an instant.
You have to watch out for the dominant Roo he is a real nasty bastard looking to fight 24/7 they go a person as well, do not go near them at all, my mum would say on the phone oh look theirs that big dominant Roo outside the house and if you see it when you are outside hanging the washing go inside the house. they kill your dogs as well and just rip them to threads I have seen it. their toe nails are some what like a knife with all that power behind them.
My mum said she had to stop for that Roo on the road in my car up the road from her house, I said why did you not run it down as that car had a bulbar on it. I sure would of. there was a plague of them around their.
Where my brother is there is road bikes that go past his place doing 200 to 300km/h past his place, I have seen them and bro says their are Roo's getting about around their and a few people have been killed and it's not nice at all too see or hear. people from the city come out just have no idea of such things, they think you are joking. people who live out of town know nothing they always claim or boast such ignorant rubbish. Lefty's always know best.

True true... Ever tangled with a wombat??? Run into one of them at speed and your car will be a write off... Even with a bull bar there is a chance you will bend the chassis...
Iv always lived in the outter suburbs. A 5 minute drive and im in the bush. I have had some close calls but have been lucky not to have any incidents. What can happen sometimes is the driver will swerve to avoid the animal only to go off the road and into a tree or something...
The roos have no real predators and are free to multiply. They are pests not only to drivers but more so to farmers...

Hey Reggie B have u ever heard of a "shoo roo"? A device that sits on your car and emits a ultra high frequency sound as air passes through it. The sound is too high pitch for us humans to detect but its meant to drive animals away. I've never used one but looking into it i find that most people like them. So despite some people claiming that it has failed i mite grab one for my journey north...

s-l300.jpg

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
True true... Ever tangled with a wombat??? Run into one of them at speed and your car will be a write off... Even with a bull bar there is a chance you will bend the chassis...
Iv always lived in the outter suburbs. A 5 minute drive and im in the bush. I have had some close calls but have been lucky not to have any incidents. What can happen sometimes is the driver will swerve to avoid the animal only to go off the road and into a tree or something...
The roos have no real predators and are free to multiply. They are pests not only to drivers but more so to farmers...

Hey Reggie B have u ever heard of a "shoo roo"? A device that sits on your car and emits a ultra high frequency sound as air passes through it. The sound is too high pitch for us humans to detect but its meant to drive animals away. I've never used one but looking into it i find that most people like them. So despite some people claiming that it has failed i mite grab one for my journey north...

View attachment 11647
My daughter and son in law used a device like that when they moved from Perth to Melbourne. 3 days in the desert and saw not one roo.
I've only seen one wombat in the four years I've been here. I had pulled over for half a minute to take a phone call, then as I pulled out again one ambled across the road in front of me.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well Australia is the land of spiders, snakes and all kinds of creepy crawlies... You would love it here

When I lived in Arizona, the most beautiful tarantula came out from behind my shed. It had a cream colored thorax, a rich rust colored bum, and bluish charcoal legs. It was like a cross between these two. I wish I had had something to put him in. I would have kept him. It was probably an Arizona Blonde. I've never seen one exactly like Winston. Oh, yeah, I named him after Winston Churchill. He looked like he was in formal dress.

AH8HCH5H1HMHAH8HAH2HJH7LHR4HEZ7HOHLL1HXH3H4LVZ7LBZGL1ZXLFH8LPZGHHR4L9Z9HHR4LUZ.jpg

images

When I was in Australia, I did see a lot of them - spiders and snakes. Unfortunately they weren't the kind to make pets out of. They were deadly, except the python I put around my neck.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
When I lived in Arizona, the most beautiful tarantula came out from behind my shed. It had a cream colored thorax, a rich rust colored bum, and bluish charcoal legs. It was like a cross between these two. I wish I had had something to put him in. I would have kept him. It was probably an Arizona Blonde. I've never seen one exactly like Winston. Oh, yeah, I named him after Winston Churchill. He looked like he was in formal dress.

AH8HCH5H1HMHAH8HAH2HJH7LHR4HEZ7HOHLL1HXH3H4LVZ7LBZGL1ZXLFH8LPZGHHR4L9Z9HHR4LUZ.jpg

images

When I was in Australia, I did see a lot of them - spiders and snakes. Unfortunately they weren't the kind to make pets out of. They were deadly, except the python I put around my neck.
@CharismaticLady I can't imagine a pet tarantula...

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 11647

I was reading your post and was going to suggest those things you mount on the front of your cars and as you drive the air makes a whistle that the deer here hear and get out of the way. Then I scrolled down and you have the same thing for kangaroos! LOL

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

images

Yep. Lots of creatures here believe you want to kill them so they strike first. And they don't often give you the opportunity to debate the issue. Some even want you for dinner. Yep. You don't want to take them home.
I did want to take that wombat home though. A big bundle of hug. And I'm told will destroy your house in five minutes.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Its funny, you can even make a pet out the large black scorpions. Their sting isn't deadly. Its the small light colored scorpions that are the most potent and will kill you.
Oh yeah, reminds me. When my children decided to move to Oz from NZ one daughter opened a wardrobe in her house in Perth and out trotted a scorpion. I did not know they had scorpions in Australia. I thought snakes, spiders, great white sharks, crocodiles, rock fish and massive jelly fish were bad enough, but scorpions tipped the balance of dubious emigration ideas in favor of immediate extradition. My kids refused of course so my wife and I had to come as well. *Sigh*

Reactions: CharismaticLady

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So, a little confession. The big spiders, like the huntsman...IMG20200427175745.jpgi dutifully catch and release. They are harmless and take good care of the mosquitoes and other annoying bugs about the house, although my wife isn't entirely convinced... These ones howeverimages (15).jpeg are nasty little beggars and can inflict a very nasty bite. P dangerous for some. I squish em. With no apology or reservation. They are quite common to, one can find them quite easily with a quick look. Much more common than its NZ cousin, which is an endangered species, the Katipo. Both are in the same family as the American black widow. unnamed.jpg