What do you think about gender equality in Christianity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus chose Mary of Magdalene as witness for His resurrection, it remains the same, in the past, present and future, it is what it is. When the anonymous writers of canonized gospel wrote the event of Jesus resurrection consistently, it remains the same, nothing to be added and revised, it is what it is.

The only thing that changed is human acceptance for Mary of Magdalene blessing role.

From Mary of Magdalene we can learn, gender equality is not related with theologian concept. Gender equality is not problem of God. Gender equality is purely problem of human.

Source: God and Woman on Mary of Magdalene

If by Gender equality you mean that men and women have equal access to God and both can pray directly to the Father, then I agree.

If you mean women can serve as Pastors or do not have to submit to their husbands as is oft described in Scriptures, then I disagree. It is not a question of equality, but divine order and the fact Eves fall was because she was beguiled. This is what god says on the matter.

In our fallen state having the woman who expresses more the emotional side of God under submission to a loving husband is an issue of protection with God.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't matter what I believe. You nor most "men" here want to know the truth. They're to busy trying to interpret the Word how they want it to be for their own prideful and selfish purposes. I am a woman... you don't want to hear anything from me. You would automatically discount it.

Wow you should knock that chip on your shoulder and quit painting men with such a broad brush! That makes you as guilty of what you accuse men of. I am interested in hearing from you and would consider your words just like a mans'. If it is in accord with Scripture, I agree, if itdoes not fall in accord with Scripture, I will resist it just like I do other men.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh but the Bible does quantify the value of humans. God places a value on both male and female so highly, He traded the blood of His own Son to redeem them....both

Jesus quantified the value of humans. By dying for us He valued us as equal to Himself. Both men and women... Equal value.

Big difference between the Creator doing it and a bunch of lab coats doing it...ad infinitum...

Still, I wouldn't call what He did for us quantification...if anything it's more of a qualification for His Salvation.

I don't think you're getting what I'm saying...

To debase humanity to the level of measuring cups...forever pouring it out, since numbers are infinite...is not shalom (wholeness).

When society scientizes everything, all you have is endless analysis, with a bunch of Trigger words, aka...propoganda.

Reactions: Brakelite

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that the value of humans should be quantified.
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

That's quality not quantity...

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are eternal beings...not infinite abstractions.

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis presents gender equality, rather than male leadership, as humanity’s created state.1 It teaches that man and woman are created equally in the image of God and together have dominion over the earth (Gen 1:26–27). Their equality is not limited to spiritual standing before God, but applies to their dominion over the earth. God blessed man and woman and charged them both in verse 28: “Be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over . . . every living thing that moves upon the earth.”

Male hierarchy over women is not in God’s original design. The first mention of male rule is in Gen 3:16, which identifies it as a direct result of the fall: “He will rule over you.” Even prominent male hierarchizes agree that this “is not a prescription of what should be.”9 Like every other result of the fall, it is a negative change. To make this compatible with the theory of male headship in creation, hierarchizes say Gen 3:16 is about the introduction of unloving rule, not male rule over women in general.10 The text, however, does not say that only unloving male rule is a result of the fall; it says that male rule itself is a result of the fall. Genesis 3:16 uses by far the most common word for “rule,” not a word that naturally brings to mind bad rule. The word is even used for God’s rule, which is certainly not bad rule!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If by Gender equality you mean that men and women have equal access to God and both can pray directly to the Father, then I agree.

If you mean women can serve as Pastors or do not have to submit to their husbands as is oft described in Scriptures, then I disagree. It is not a question of equality, but divine order and the fact Eves fall was because she was beguiled. This is what god says on the matter.

In our fallen state having the woman who expresses more the emotional side of God under submission to a loving husband is an issue of protection with God.

curious do you see an equality between Jew and gentile? Acts 15:7-9 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. [8] And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Spirit, even as he did unto us; [9] And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.

I’m asking if you are not a Jew but a gentile; the Holy Spirit bearing witness with your spirit that you are a son, sending the Holy Spirit into your heart...is then the Jew still above you as you are a gentile and not a Jew? What of priest Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Can only the Jews can be priest? Not gentiles?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis presents gender equality, rather than male leadership, as humanity’s created state.1 It teaches that man and woman are created equally in the image of God and together have dominion over the earth (Gen 1:26–27). Their equality is not limited to spiritual standing before God, but applies to their dominion over the earth. God blessed man and woman and charged them both in verse 28: “Be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over . . . every living thing that moves upon the earth.”

Male hierarchy over women is not in God’s original design. The first mention of male rule is in Gen 3:16, which identifies it as a direct result of the fall: “He will rule over you.” Even prominent male hierarchizes agree that this “is not a prescription of what should be.”9 Like every other result of the fall, it is a negative change. To make this compatible with the theory of male headship in creation, hierarchizes say Gen 3:16 is about the introduction of unloving rule, not male rule over women in general.10 The text, however, does not say that only unloving male rule is a result of the fall; it says that male rule itself is a result of the fall. Genesis 3:16 uses by far the most common word for “rule,” not a word that naturally brings to mind bad rule. The word is even used for God’s rule, which is certainly not bad rule!
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather rather, that's the pecking order as we are in this flesh...

Spiritually we are one.

John 17:21
Sorta...
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorta...

That word "usurp" is key...to take illegally and/or by force.

I'll tell you what, any believing woman has authority over any unbelieving man and even over any believing man, if she is placed as such by His Will.

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And anything goes with the non-believers...

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Adam should have given Eve the exact words of God (not to eat the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, lest you die). But we can see the danger of adding to God's Word, because Eve was led to believe that one would die if they even touched the tree. That wasn't true. And satan knew she had been misled and used that to deceive her. She touched the fruit ....and she didn't die. Nothing happened. This sparked doubt, I'm sure. So ... she took the fruit and ate it.
I agree. Eve was framed.

She was misled by the serpent , a far wiser one than she, and not properly informed by Adam. Who then tried to avoid responsibility for that when confronted by the father. Adam in effect lied to God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 3:27-29
for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

As the scripture says we are all one in Christ Jesus, all equal heirs.

Mutual submission among believers, and between husbands and wives, is a concept that sits uneasily with some Christians. Yet it is a concept plainly stated in the New Testament and in a few other early Christian writings.

Most Christians are aware that in Ephesians 5:21 Paul says submitting to one another is an outworking of being filled by the Holy Spirit (Eph. 5:18ff) and is an expression of reverence for Jesus Christ:

“submitting to one another in the fear of Christ” (Eph. 5:21).

But Ephesians 5:21 isn’t the only New Testament verse that encourages mutual submission among Jesus’ followers. 1 Peter 5:5 is another.
"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." Matt 6:10

Who is in earth and who is in heaven? Who is to be in heaven? Those who are OF God but are still in Earth should be departing from earthly ways and being moved into a heavenly Way.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Women may be the weaker vessel but mentally and otherwise, women are so much stronger than men. It is scientifically proven that women have a much higher pain tolerance. Men are babies when it comes to pain.
Noooo, women have never been the weaker vessel. We give birth. We nurse that precious God given life from our own bodies.
Nothing weak about us.