What do you think about gender equality in Christianity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jostler, this does not answer my questions. If Adam was there in the initial event and was not deceived into eating but ate knowing what he was doing, then it would make no sense why Eve's judgment appears to be worse than Adam's, or why God placed Adam above Eve in authority, unless of course you take the Gnostic view that the Old Testament God was an evil, despicable, detestable, hateful and Satanic being who has only wanted to abuse and torture humanity since the beginning.
Ask God why Holy Spirit inspired the scripture with the wording "gave to her husband WITH HER." It's so plain that a 5 year old can understand it. Don't try to reason it out and change the scripture to say something else.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam is credited for the fall of all of mankind ....by one man, sin entered the world.... that would be Adam.
Come down off your high horse, Chris!! You're buying into a lie. No wonder the churches are so messed up. No one wants the truth anymore.

Romans 5:14-21 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹⁴ Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. ¹⁵ But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. ¹⁶ And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. ¹⁷ For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) ¹⁸ Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. ¹⁹ For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. ²⁰ Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: ²¹ That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
The reason Adam is credited for the fall of mankind is BECAUSE his sin was not of deception... it was WILLFUL. He was instructed by God to keep the garden. The serpent shouldn't have even been there to have opportunity against his wife. And he stood there silent and watched it go down .....then made a conscious willful decision to eat the fruit.

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your logic is too twisted for me to sort out...God did place Adam as His delegated authority in his home..
Makes perfect sense to me without any assumption that God is evil.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason Adam is credited for the fall of mankind is BECAUSE his sin was not of deception... it was WILLFUL. He was instructed by God to keep the garden. The serpent shouldn't have even been there.

Look, LoL. If I keep asking you to address my question, you will get upset that I am simply badgering you now, which I am not. I was wanting you to answer me after consider what I asked. So to avoid further offending you you leave me no choice but to stop asking, so I will have to I guess.
Your logic is too twisted for me to sort out...

It's a very simple question, and one that doesn't involve his home. If Adam was there in the initial event and was not deceived into eating but ate knowing what he was doing, why did Eve's judgment appear to be worse than Adam's, and why did God place Adam above Eve in authority?

Look guys, none of this line of questioning was directed at either of you. If there is one thing I am at least a little grateful for, it is that you two were here to respond to me, because I can assure you Amazed@grace will not. She has not answered me now for something like eight posts in a row, bless her heart.

But I don't know that you two are looking for any form of reconciliation despite the fact that none of this was directed at you, as I have told you both.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did, and with much scriptural backing. You have a nasty habit of "not seeing" what you don't want to see.

Where did you answer the following question?
It's a very simple question, and one that doesn't involve his home. If Adam was there in the initial event and was not deceived into eating but ate knowing what he was doing, why did Eve's judgment appear to be worse than Adam's, and why did God place Adam above Eve in authority?

Jostler

Oct 23, 2020
God's green earth
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, your logic and assumptions are beyond me. I don't assume Eve's judgment was worse than Adam's and God's establishment of Adam's authority happened before the fall. What in the world does that have to do with any of this?

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooty and smoking, @Jostler . That visual stuck with me from the moment I heard that phrase (very scriptural). You're right, it would be hilarious if the situation weren't so grave. In all of my years on this earth I've struggled to understand my fellow man, overflowing with pride and crying like a baby over spilled milk. It's shameful and we should never cease praying, that the Lord might teach them how to be men in Jesus Christ.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't assume Eve's judgment was worse than Adam's and God's establishment of Adam's authority happened before the fall.

No it did not.

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

8 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.

9 And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Adam was there in the initial event
IF???? lol
You're basing your question on a lie, Chris. The scripture is plain and clear. What part of "with her" is hard for you to grasp (or accept)?? Are you saying the Word of God is wrong and needs to be rewritten? I gave you tons of scripture.
It is YOUR perception that is off.

You don't understand the nature of what responsibility God placed on men ....that's the whole issue here. He didn't give women as property, nor playtoys or things to abuse. Women aren't less than. And you are not an authority over every female. Men have a responsiblity to work by the sweat of their brows and provide for their wife and children. If they don't they are worse than an infidel. And men are instructed to love their wife as Christ loved the church .... AND GAVE HIMSELF FOR IT. Are you doing that?? Are you willing to give your life for your wife? Do you truly love her? The weight is placed on men because he was created first and he wilfully sinned. If you can't see the magnitude of that responsibility, you're missing it.

Reactions: Shattered

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooty and smoking, @Jostler . That visual stuck with me from the moment I heard that phrase (very scriptural). You're right, it would be hilarious if the situation weren't so grave. In all of my years on this earth I've struggled to understand my fellow man, overflowing with pride and crying like a baby over spilled milk. It's shameful and we should never cease praying, that the Lord might teach them how to be men in Jesus Christ.

I'm not prideful and nor crying, LoL. I'm discussing this passage of scripture with Jostler and TLHJAK.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF???? lol
You're basing your question on a lie, Chris. The scripture is plain and clear. What part of "with her" is hard for you to grasp (or accept)?? Are you saying the Word of God is wrong and needs to be rewritten? I gave you tons of scripture.
It is YOUR perception that is off.

Ugh. You are avoiding the question now for the third time, so I give up.
You don't understand the nature of what responsibility God placed on men ....that's the whole issue here. He didn't give women as property, nor playtoys or things to abuse.

THAT my sister is an ENTIRELY different issue that has not been addressed one iota in our discussion. I will address that with you tomorrow as I need to go to work. But if you think I endorse such things you again don't know me.
And you are not an authority over every female.

Make that don't know me in the EXTREME, and yet once again turn on a man who has spent the last several days praying for you, trying to encourage you, and build you up.

I'm off to work.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ugh. You are avoiding the question now for the third time, so I give up
You have refused to acknowledge where I replied to you. I can't help that.

There's no problem with a husband being the head of the wife, since he is to love her as Christ loved the church and gave Himself for it. He is to nourish her as his own body (not use and abuse it). He is to wash her with the water of the Word. He should serve, and also humble himself (submit to one another, as the Word says) ....he should lead by example.

What I see that is off in what you said earlier is that you implied that every woman is under the authority of every man. LOL ... this is so totally off base!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Make that don't know me in the EXTREME, and yet once again turn on a man who has spent the last several days praying for you, trying to encourage you, and build you up.

I'm off to work.
None of those things make up for false teachings ... you are twisting scripture. I won't agree with that.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of those things make up for false teachings ... you are twisting scripture.
There's no problem with a husband being the head of the wife, since he is to love her as Christ loved the church and gave Himself for it.

I agree with this statement wholeheartedly, and yet you teach the truth and I am spreading false teachings and twisting scripture.
He is to nourish her as his own body (not use and abuse it).

Again, I agree with this statement, and yet you teach the truth and I am spreading false teachings and twisting scripture.
He is to wash her with the water of the Word. He should serve, and also humble himself (submit to one another, as the Word says) ....he should lead by example.

Once again, I agree, and yet you teach the truth and I am spreading heresy. Do you see a pattern here? Why is it that if you say something it is the truth and when I fully agree I am a heretic?
What I see that is off in what you said earlier is that you implied that every woman is under the authority of every man. LOL ... this is so totally off base!

What is utterly off base is that I have NEVER said such a thing nor would I EVER say such a thing, and yet someone who I yet again tried to befriend and do everything I could do for is now putting words in my mouth that I have never said. Isn't that little "off base," Abby?
Oh the humanity...

. :)

Jostler, where is the humanity in the above? And where is the humanity in the fact that I was hoping to maybe befriend you as well since Abby told me you were her friend, only to get met with this business. I've done nothing to you. Guys, whether Shattered wants to accuse me of being "prideful" and a "baby" and "shameful" and "not a man," the truth is I was explaining scripture to you plain and simple, and if I am supposedly "teaching heresy," how about if we start by pointing to things I actually teach.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is credited in a scripture for the fall of mankind?

What are women responsible for?

I think it's about time that men get some credit...

Who builds the cars u drive... Men
Who constructs the buildings u live and work in... Men
Who cleans up your sewage... Men
Who builds and services our roads... Men
Our electrical system... Men
Our comms... Men
Our plumbing... Men
Who fixes your car... Men
Who works in mining and fishing trawlers for weeks at a time away from their loved ones... Men
Who does all the crap jobs... Men
All the hard jobs... Men
Physical jobs... Men

TLHKAJ, can you give men credit for making civilization what it is? Or is your mind fixated only on the negative qualities of men?

Should men take your lead and only admit the negative aspects of women? Is that why Christ died?

For your sake, I pray you forgive those that trespassed against you.

14 If you forgive others for the wrongs they do to you, your Father in heaven will forgive you. 15 But if you don’t forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Matthew 6:14-15 (CEV)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning the topic. I haven’t read all the post here because it can be a stressful topic. An important one I think for discussion but also can be a frustrating one. One I did read mentioned ‘male and female’ God made them. Consider Christ and His church. Together, joined as “One” body is there not male and female? As in speaking to the woman on not letting it be the outward adorning of platted hair, but let it be the hidden man of the heart “a quiet and meek spirit”, the Spirit of the Son sent into the hearts crying “Abba, Father!” Which is a pearl of great price to God. In the union of Christ with His Church “you are complete in Him” made whole: male and female, Head and Body: One. Could even point to the passage Mark 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Where He goes on to give the two commandments which no other “Lord our God” can fulfill but Him. Consider that man declares the Glory of God and the woman the glory of the man: John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

It is this man who “he has declared Him”, it is this man who has declared the Glory of God. And it is this woman, His Church, His body which declares “the Son” and His Glory. Think about that...Jesus Christ declares the Glory God and the body declares the Glory of the “the Son” what better sure fulfillment of “the man is the Glory of God, and the woman(body) the glory of the man? In His Name we pray Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;