What do you think this text says about the deity of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are the one in the precarious position, that espouses a doctrine that you can't even explain or comprehend yourself. Please tell me that you recognize and appreciate the predicament that you're in?

We have actually shown from scripture how you are in the precarious position.

So, I'm all ears. Show from holy scripture how I'm in a precarious position.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can apply this to us today for sure
So, Philippians 1:6 can be applied to us today, by your admission.

Yet in Philippians 1:1, the entire epistle is written "to the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi."

Just like Jesus was speaking to the scribes and Pharisees in John 8:24, and can also be applied to all of us today.

Why do we have to be careful not to marry these things together? Because you say so? Because it does not agree with your doctrine?

You have shown forth a double-standard in your interpretation of scripture.

On the one hand, something that was written according to scripture to specific saints at Philippi can apply to us today in your book.

But something that our Lord Himself said to the scribes and Pharisees cannot be applied to us today because what Jesus said to Jews cannot possibly apply to Gentiles. Thus Jesus is discriminating against the Jewish people and favoring the Gentiles in His statement; for Gentiles will not die in their sins for the same crime that puts Jews in hell.

To this I would say that many believe that the law is given only to the Jewish people; and yet it is a schoolmaster that led all of us to Christ, if we are in Christ. This means that the law is even a schoolmaster for Gentiles, to lead them to Christ.

But many would say that it is only written to and is only for the Jewish people.

Thus we find that what is believed to be written to Jews alone also applies to Gentiles.

Gal 3:23, But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24, Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25, But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know bro... if you hadn't of made the above comment in post 2 after the original poster, I would have just passed on by. I would not have engaged with you at all....Then you had to go and mention John 8:24. :rolleyes::oops::eek:
I suppose that this is what fishing is all about.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So, Philippians 1:6 can be applied to us today, by your admission.

Yet in Philippians 1:1, the entire epistle is written "to the saints which are at Philippi."

Just like Jesus was speaking to the scribes and Pharisees in John 8:24, and can also be applied to all of us today.

Why do we have to be careful not to marry these things together? Because you say so? Because it does not agree with your doctrine?

You have shown forth a double-standard in your interpretation of scripture.

On the one hand, something that was written according to scripture to specific saints at Philippi can apply to us today in your book.

But something that our Lord Himself said to the scribes and Pharisees cannot be applied to us today because what Jesus said to Jews cannot possibly apply to Gentiles. Thus Jesus is discriminating against the Jewish people and favoring the Gentiles in His statement; for Gentiles will not die in their sins for the same crime that puts Jews in hell.

To this I would say that many believe that the law is given only to the Jewish people; and yet it is a schoolmaster that led all of us to Christ, if we are in Christ. This means that the law is even a schoolmaster for Gentiles, to lead them to Christ.

But many would say that it is only written to and is only for the Jewish people.

Thus we find that what is believed to be written to Jews alone also applies to Gentiles.

Gal 3:23, But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24, Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25, But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

You know brother, when he says saints in Philippians 1 he's talking about the believers don't you? the same one''s who have been helping him while in prison and also in his ministry. The ones I have already mentioned in my post to you.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
JustByFaith

Umm no it cannot because Jesus was talking to the religious teachers of the law and the Pharisees and the Jews who followed the Law. Not the same at all. An erroneous theological replacement theory indeed!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know brother, when he says saints in Philippians 1 he's talking about the believers don't you? the same one''s who have been helping him while in prison and also in his ministry. The ones I have already mentioned in my post to you.
You believe that Jesus would discriminate against His own people by making a statement of condemnation for behaviour that Jews would be condemned by it but in Jesus' book, Gentiles will not be condemned by the same behaviour?

Does God hate and discriminate against His own people?

If I were Jewish and I heard you speaking, I would never even want to become a Christian.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a Jew, I would wonder why Gentile Christians believe that they live by a different standard than the Lord has given for me. That they are exempt from condemnation over a sin that would put me in hell.

To me, if I were Jewish, I would see this as the height of hypocrisy.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you must pray to the Holy Spirit who sent it. Possibly cos you ain't listening, I'd wager ;)
He who winketh with the eye causeth trouble.

The Holy Spirit, therefore, doesn't send His messages with a wink.

I know that He loves me.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You believe that Jesus would discriminate against His own people by making a statement of condemnation for behaviour that Jews would be condemned by it but in Jesus' book, Gentiles will not be condemned by the same behaviour?
Does God hate and discriminate against His own people?
If I were Jewish and I heard you speaking, I would never even want to become a Christian.

That's why they have a veil over their hearts every time the book of Moses is read. Because it can be only taken away by Christ. 2 Corinthians 3:13-16 So why would John 8 be something for the gentiles to learn from when the Jews are excluded at this time because of their non acceptance of Christ?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
JustByFaith

You would only become a believing Jew if you accepted Christ. Not by anything I can say. I am only a messenger. The message has the power to change lives through the revelation of the Holy Spirit. :);)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why would John 8 be something for the gentiles to learn from when the Jews are excluded at this time because of their non acceptance of Christ?

Read Romans 9 and 11.

There is still a remnant of Jews who believe in Christ and are saved.

It is preposterous to say that Gentiles are not condemned by the same unbelief that would condemn a Jew.

You are very prejudiced; and I see that as pride. So consider your own scriptures that you have given to me.

I hope these verses help your walk with God in the future. :)

Your statements actually grieve the Holy Spirit who dwells within me.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JustByFaith

You would only become a believing Jew if you accepted Christ. Not by anything I can say. I am only a messenger. The message has the power to change lives through the revelation of the Holy Spirit. :);)
I have accepted Christ.

And I was well aware of the verses that you quoted to me a very many years before you quoted them.

But like I said, I will pray about whether to receive them as being from the Holy Spirit to me or not.

The fact that you said them with a wink indicates to me that they are not. The Spirit of the Lord does not intend trouble towards me.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Read Romans 9 and 11.
There is still a remnant of Jews who believe in Christ and are saved.
It is preposterous to say that Gentiles are not condemned by the same unbelief that would condemn a Jew.
You are very prejudiced; and I see that as pride. So consider your own scriptures that you have given to me.

I believe there is a remnant of jewish believers, yes. Some are Messianic Jews and some are Christians. No, it's not preposterous at all. You just don't know your bible very well, that's all. Oh come on now "prejudiced" "pride"? me? Now your using personal attacks to win an argument? :confused: Is that the best you've got bro???? come on.....be nice!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I see is that you yourself are judging me as being prideful while neglecting to see the pride in your own heart.

I may indeed have pride. There are verses that teach of pride as being a good thing...For example, Psalms 31:23.

But if it is the kind of pride that comes before a fall, I thank you for pointing it out. I will go to the Lord about it and see what He says to me about this.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just don't know your bible very well, that's all.
Back at 'ya.

I read through all of the epistles once a week; through the gospels, Acts and Revelation once a month, Psalms and Proverbs twice a month, Genesis-Deuteronomy and Isaiah-Daniel about twice a year; and the rest of the Old Testament in a shorter period of time.

Now, you've gone and forced me to boast, like the Corinthians did with Paul.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Back at 'ya.

I read through all of the epistles once a week; through the gospels, Acts and Revelation once a month, Psalms and Proverbs twice a month, Genesis-Deuteronomy and Isaiah-Daniel about twice a year; and the rest of the Old Testament in a shorter period of time.

Now, you've gone and forced me to boast, like the Corinthians did with Paul.

Then you must have a spirit of forgetfulness but I will be praying for you. Actually I am going to add you to my very looong, daily prayer list. That should certainly help....

You sound like a baby christian with that boast bro and no-one can make you boast. You have a free will to do or not to do according to the will of God......nm