What Does Blasphemy of The Holy Spirit Actually Mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright this thread is for others like myself who feared (I somewhat still fear) that they might have accidentally blasphemed against the Holy Spirit. That means hardening your heart and rejecting Christ right, not accidentally thinking things against the Holy Spirit or perhaps that Jesus wasn't really God and that He was of the devil. (I repented after thinking these thoughts that I most certainly did not mean and I can't help but still being a bit worried. I think if I'm worried about it I didn't commit the unforgivable sin though right?)

I'll make it easy. The only unforgivable SIN is REJECTION of Jesus Christ (especially when you plainly see him, his creation, and feel him in nature). He's everywhere! To deny the Creator is Blasphemy!

Reactions: April_Rose

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No not easy but we are to preach the truth to everyone. They may not agree with what I say but I can at least say I told them.

I used to think like that, but I've found that nearly each member, here, is doing the same thing. We're all teaching, correcting, and rebuking one another, and quite frankly, it's disgusting. Why? Because it means that the Spirit is NOT teaching the vast majority of us. If the Spirit were our collective teacher, we would have a collective understanding of His Word. This should frighten each one of us. Why? Because we are diligently warned by God that anyone who teaches a Gospel other than the One that is True, is in deep, deep danger.

So what if you were to take yourself out of the role of teacher, and place yourself into the role of friendship. Perhaps if you try to become friends with others first, then you might have the chance to teach, correct, and rebuke. But I believe that friendship should come first, for once you have gained trust, and even confidence in others, then their ears will be open to you. Does that sound fair? Think about it: if a person doesn't feel confident about you, why would they ever listen?

The way many of you talk to each other is very cruel and unkind. We have to change our approach, which I have provided in my example as I reached out to you in kindness . . . not aggression.

These things said, I will never abuse you the way several of you are abusing each other. Instead, I will consider you to be a valuable person who possesses insight into a faith system other than my own. As we discuss the Bible, I hope that I will gain your trust, and likewise, and that through kindness and respect, our ears would be open to each other and thus the Truth might become known.

Peace to you. :)

Reactions: justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're all teaching, correcting, and rebuking one another, and quite frankly, it's disgusting.
I agree. And I repented last night while reading Jon Courson's commentary on Paul's epistle to the Galatians.

He mentioned that a work of the flesh...strife...means having an antagonistic attitude towards people.

Ouch!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
especially when you plainly see him, his creation, and feel him in nature). He's everywhere! To deny the Creator is Blasphemy!

You left out . . . [Do you feel Him within you?] Can you testify of what it is like to go from being under the Curse of Adam and Eve and being freed from it? Can you describe what it is like to go from being Controlled by your old father the Devil and what it is now like to be Controlled by the Holy Spirit, your new Father?

Please tell us what your Holy Transformation felt like. If you can testify of these things, I'd listen to you all day long. :)

Last edited:

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You left out . . . [Do you feel Him within you?] Can you testify of what it is like to go from being under the Curse of Adam and Eve and being freed from it? Can you describe what it is like to go from being Controlled by your old father the Devil and what it is now like to be Controlled by the Holy Spirit, your new Father?

Please tell us what your Holy Transformation felt like. If you can testify of these things, I'd listen to you all day long. :)

Surely I would not have replied, to the OP, if Jesus was not living in me. :D I don't need you to listen to me all day long. ;) God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2nd Timothy group:
So what if you were to take yourself out of the role of teacher, and place yourself into the role of friendship. Perhaps if you try to be said:come friends with others first, then you might have the chance to teach, correct, and rebuke. But I believe that friendship should come first, for once you have gained trust, and even confidence in others, then their ears will be open to you. Does that sound fair? Think about it: if a person doesn't feel confident about you, why would they ever listen?

At Matthew 28:19,20 Jesus commands those who are his brothers/disciples/Apostles to go and make disciples teaching them to observe all the things he commanded them. Many of these people that Jesus taught, healed and resurrected from the dead didn't know who Jesus was. Most of the Jews, even though they believed Jesus to be a great miracle worker, didn't agree with the things he said. It was only a minor number of Jews in Israel who were Jesus followers in comparison to the overall population of Israel. Most of the Jews sided with the religious leaders of Israel(Pharisees & Sadducees). So while I agree we should use chaste conduct and non-violent language when preaching and teaching the truth that doesn't mean we water down God's word. When we know and hear someone teaching something that is an Antichrist teaching or an apostate teaching we say so. We don't agree with it we don't become friends with such a teaching. We know that there will be those who will say what we teach is demonic or false and we will state to them why they are in error when making such statements just as Jesus stated why those who stated he was the ruler if the demons were wrong and that by how making such judgements they show they are Satan's disciples just as Jesus did. When a Religious organization(church) is an apostate church and you use scriptures to prove that, then you have done what a true disciple of Jesus should do whether any believe you or not.
So you see we are to be teachers to make disciples as Jesus commanded. The thing is, people today, who say they're Christians, don't understand like the Pharisees & Sadducees who didn't understand, the historical time they were living in, so today there are those who say they're Christians who don't know there is only one true church today that Jesus is head of and has God's Holy Spirit. This only true church is the only organization that you will get the help you need to progress in the truth that's in the scriptures. This church will be looked at by the majority who call themselves God's servants as a demonic and false Christ organization because the True Church that Jesus is head of will be hated by the world because the True Church can't be friends with the world as those church's that say they follow Jesus have become friends to the world. Too many people think they're showing love by watering down the truth that's in God's word the Bible. You can't become friends with such an attitude that such people have. If you refuse to water down God's word, most people will not be your friend. If you become a friend to such an attitude of watering down God's word then you have made yourself an enemy of God.

Last edited:

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2nd Timothy group:
So what if you were to take yourself out of the role of teacher, and place yourself into the role of friendship. Perhaps if you try to be said:come friends with others first, then you might have the chance to teach, correct, and rebuke. But I believe that friendship should come first, for once you have gained trust, and even confidence in others, then their ears will be open to you. Does that sound fair? Think about it: if a person doesn't feel confident about you, why would they ever listen?

In Matthew 28:19,20 Jesus commands those who are his brothers/disciples/Apostles to go and make disciples teaching them to observe all the things he commanded them. Many of these people that Jesus taught, healed, and resurrected from the dead didn't know who Jesus was. Most of the Jews, even though they believed Jesus to be a great miracle worker, didn't agree with the things he said. It was only a minor number of Jews in Israel who were Jesus followers in comparison to the overall population of Israel. Most of the Jews sided with the religious leaders of Israel(Pharisees & Sadducees). So while I agree we should use chaste conduct and non-violent language when preaching and teaching the truth that doesn't mean we water down God's word. When we know and hear someone teaching something that is an Antichrist teaching or an apostate teaching we say so. We don't agree with it we don't become friends with such a teaching. We know that there will be those who will say what we teach is demonic or false and we will state to them why they are in error when making such statements just as Jesus stated why those who stated he was the ruler if the demons were wrong and that by how making such judgments they show they are Satan's disciples just as Jesus did. When a Religious organization(church) is an apostate church and you use scriptures to prove that, then you have done what a true disciple of Jesus should do whether any believe you or not.
So you see we are to be teachers to make disciples as Jesus commanded. The thing is, people today, who say they're Christians, don't understand like the Pharisees & Sadducees who didn't understand, the historical time they were living in, so today there are those who say they're Christians who don't know there is only one true church today that Jesus is head of and has God's Holy Spirit. This only true church is the only organization that you will get the help you need to progress in the truth that's in the scriptures. This church will be looked at by the majority who call themselves God's servants as a demonic and false Christ organization because the True Church that Jesus is head of will be hated by the world because the True Church can't be friends with the world as those churches that say they follow Jesus have become friends to the world. Too many people think they're showing love by watering down the truth that's in God's word the Bible. You can't become friends with such an attitude that such people have. If you refuse to water down God's word, most people will not be your friend. If you become a friend to such an attitude of watering down God's word then you have made yourself an enemy of God.

Okie Doke.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll make it easy. The only unforgivable SIN is REJECTION of Jesus Christ (especially when you plainly see him, his creation, and feel him in nature). He's everywhere! To deny the Creator is Blasphemy!

Will you please post scripture to back that up?

When I look up the unforgivable sin in the bible, the definition is nothing at all like you are claiming, but surely you can show is where your definition is written....right?

On the other hand, if by chance you are unable to prove what you say with scripture, I'd have to ask, why are you not being truthful about what the word of God is saying to us? I personally would be afraid to make things up that go against what the bible teaches us.

Last edited:

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I personally would be afraid to make things up that go against what the bible teaches us.

Yes. Even though I don't make things up, I still have the Fear and Respect of the Lord, that I might be wrong. Having felt God's Holy Terror, I highly suggest that all people do their best to live in the Truth.

Reactions: TheslightestID

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you please post scripture to back that up?

When I look up the unforgivable sin in the bible, the definition is nothing at all like you are claiming, but surely you can show is where your definition is written....right?

On the other hand, if by chance you are unable to prove what you say with scripture, I'd have to ask, why are you not being truthful about what the word of God is saying to us? I personally would be afraid to make things up that go against what the bible teaches us.

In Matthew, Mark, and Luke, Jesus addresses what we call the “Unpardonable sin.” In Mark 3:28 Jesus defines it as blaspheming the Holy Spirit. To understand the context we need to go to Mark 3:11 which says that “Wherever the unclean spirits saw Him, those possessed fell down before Him and cried out, ‘You are the Son of God!’”

These demonic spirits had spiritual insight the religious leaders lacked. They accused Jesus of casting out demons with the power of Satan. Jesus refuted them with logic, telling them that Satan would not be casting his own out and that only One stronger than Satan could cast our demons. To the logical mind this would make sense. But in spite of what they could see with their eyes and reason with their minds, they refused to believe that He was the Christ, the Son of the Living God.

They were witnessing irrefutable evidence that Jesus was Who He claimed to be, evidence that God graciously demonstrated to them through the ministry of the Holy Spirit. And yet they willfully and knowingly rejected this Holy Spirit empowered evidence, instead ascribing the work of the Holy Spirit to Satan.

And that, says Jesus, is the sin that will not be forgiven, willfully and knowingly rejecting the truth about Jesus that God graciously reveals through the Holy Spirit. This is not merely a one time rejection. Many reject Jesus initially only to later accept Him as Savior. The unpardonable sin is rejecting God’s light of truth so often and so defiantly that someone goes beyond the point of no return, the point where they not only reject God’s revelation but become hardened against it, determined never to accept it.

Many Christians wonder if they have or could commit the unpardonable sin. The answer is: No. A Christian is a person who has responded to the Holy Spirit’s revelation of Who Jesus is. They have been convicted of their sin, repented and accepted God’s free gift of eternal life. The Holy Spirit or Spirit of Truth dwells in them. By virtue of the fact that they are indwelt by Him and have accepted His witness about Jesus, they cannot commit the unpardonable sin.

Jesus tells us in John 6:37, “Everyone the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will never cast out.”

Who is "God's Light Of Truth?" Jesus Christ

Bless You ;)

Last edited:

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright this thread is for others like myself who feared (I somewhat still fear) that they might have accidentally blasphemed against the Holy Spirit. That means hardening your heart and rejecting Christ right, not accidentally thinking things against the Holy Spirit or perhaps that Jesus wasn't really God and that He was of the devil. (I repented after thinking these thoughts that I most certainly did not mean and I can't help but still being a bit worried. I think if I'm worried about it I didn't commit the unforgivable sin though right?)
Well, IMO, if you had truly blasphemed the holy Spirit, you would not be concerned about it. I don't believe it's something you can do accidentally. IMO, it's complete and totally rejection of the Spirit.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm finding it difficult to keep this repentance up.

I am so tempted to correct people when I see them posting the wrong things.

Lol! It's ok to correct . . . we just need to have the right attitude towards those that we're in disagreement with. If you say to yourself, within your own mind, that you love the person whom you are correcting, I'm sure that you'll be in the right Spirit and that your words will come across in a better and more Christ-like manner. I forget too . . . and was corrected not long ago that my words can feel like that of a snare to others. I don't quite get it, but the reminder is always good. :)

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many Christians wonder if they have or could commit the unpardonable sin. The answer is: No.

The very reason some feel good, easy way, "lets tell them what they want to hear", preachers went to thr trouble to change the scripture.

To understand the context we need to go to Mark 3:11 which says that “Wherever the unclean spirits saw Him, those possessed fell down before Him and cried out, ‘You are the Son of God!’”

No, we do not need to do that. Who told you that? One has little, if anything to do with the other, if it did Christ would have been clear about it. You are essentually saying Christ lied about what the unforgivable sin was, or was a flake and unable to explain it properly. Christ was a very sharp individual and he didn't need anyone telling him how to phrase things.

We need no more than what Christ told us in the original scripture on the unforgivable sin. And he tells up the unforgivable sin is something very simple, at least before the lying "deeper meaning" know it all's get a hold of it. It tells us the unforgivables sin is, well... Blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit. Very simple, clear and most of all, the truth.

I can skip around the bible, put scripture together, and style it to say just about anything I want it to, add some sugar to it and make the whole thing non offensive because that is what some want, but I will not. The scripture is written as it is for a reason, and if people like yourself cause somone to commit the real unforgivable sin by not warning exactly what it is, then God will hold you responsible. What is wrong with people that they will twist the bible without giving it a second thought?

Blatantly changing the bible...very bad idea.

Last edited:

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They were witnessing irrefutable evidence that Jesus was Who He claimed to be, evidence that God graciously demonstrated to them through the ministry of the Holy Spirit. And yet they willfully and knowingly rejected this Holy Spirit empowered evidence, instead ascribing the work of the Holy Spirit to Satan

Right. And that's exactly what makes this sin so severe.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMO, it's complete and totally rejection of the Spirit.

Did you ever consider going with Jesus's description over your own opinion?

It's not rejection of, but blasphemy against the holy spirit. See, what Jesus calls it, is what it is. Why believe man over Jesus?

Last edited: