What Does Blasphemy of The Holy Spirit Actually Mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The very reason some feel good, easy way, "lets tell them what they want to hear", preachers went to thr trouble to change the scripture.

No, we do not need to do that. Who told you that? One has little, if anything to do with the other, if it did Christ would have been clear about it. You are essentually saying Christ lied about what the unforgivable sin was, or was a flake and unable to explain it properly. Christ was a very sharp individual and he didn't need anyone telling him how to phrase things.

We need no more than what Christ told us in the original scripture on the unforgivable sin. And he tells up the unforgivable sin is something very simple, at least before the lying "deeper meaning" know it all's get a hold of it. It tells us the unforgivables sin is, well... Blasphemy Of The Holy Spirit. Very simple, clear and most of all, the truth.

I can skip around the bible, put scripture together, and style it to say just about anything I want it to, add some sugar to it and make the whole thing non offensive because that is what some want, but I will not. The scripture is written as it is for a reason, and if people like yourself cause somone to commit the real unforgivable sin by not warning exactly what it is, then God will hold you responsible. What is wrong with people that they will twist the bible without giving it a second thought?

Blatantly changing the bible...very bad idea.

Bless You! ;)

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, if you guys think that the other is lost and without Christ, how much more, then, should you be patient with each other?

God would rather that we walk away rather than speak to each other in a disparaging way.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
even if you indeed blaspheme the HS what can you do about it nothing! it is an unpardonable sin it will only let you down and become depressed if you keep thinking about it since you sid blasphemed the HS the devil will tell you then since you can't enter the kingdom of God why don't you just enjoy the world and do the things that i want sex, kill, decieve

that is why don't even think about those things and let's just focus on trying to repent let's just repent maybe God will forgive us unlike if we follow the advise of the devil it will surely lead us into destruction so let us change let us repent so we can walk beside him

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
even if you indeed blaspheme the HS what can you do about it nothing! it is an unpardonable sin it will only let you down and become depressed if you keep thinking about it since you sid blasphemed the HS the devil will tell you then since you can't enter the kingdom of God why don't you just enjoy the world and do the things that i want sex, kill, decieve

I don't even know how to respond to this comment, but it's probably not even worth responding to anyways.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, if you guys think that the other is lost and without Christ, how much more, then, should you be patient with each other?

God would rather that we walk away rather than speak to each other in a disparaging way.

There were times when even Christ was not very patient, and you know your bible well enough to pick them out. As a matter of fact, Christ got quite angry at times, much worse than what some here do.

False teahing is nothing to be passive about.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were times when even Christ was not very patient, and you know your bible well enough to pick them out. As a matter of fact, Christ got quite angry at times, much worse than what some here do.

False teahing is nothing to be passove about.
Well He was/is God and you are not for starters.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

False teaching is nothing to be passive about.

Yes, but we are not Christ. Only Christ is allowed to discredit and berate His Creation. This is why we are commanded not to even refer to another person as an idiot, because we are thus abusing the Lord's Creation . . . and we are in no position to say anything bad about His Creation.

Matthew 5:22 NLT - "But I say, if you are even angry with someone, you are subject to judgment! If you call someone an idiot, you are in danger of being brought before the court. And if you curse someone, you are in danger of the fires of hell."

Christ Himself has warned you. Now . . . let's see if anyone cares about the commandments of Christ.

Reactions: Nancy

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but we are not Christ. Only Christ is allowed to discredit and berate His Creation.

First, will you please show me scripture to back up the bolded part of your comment?

Also, will you please show me where I claimed to be Christ?

And finally, are we not to strive to be Christ like? As I understand it, that is precisely what "Christian" means..."Christ Like".

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot read the thoughts and intentions in a mans heart to judge them as Jesus did Righteously.

next........................................

That, as usual doesn't anwer the question, not to mention it was a poor attempt at making this my problem, and not only that, you used yet another untruth/deception in that attempt, and that in answer to my post that just asked you,...Do your false statements ever cease? Wow, I guess they don't cease.

Are you not paying attention at all, these are not "intentions in a mans heart" I am referring to, they are posts on a discussion board, of which many are flat out false, and have been proven false because you cannot back them up with scripture.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, will you please show me scripture to back up the bolded part of your comment?

Also, will you please show me where I claimed to be Christ?

And finally, are we not to strive to be Christ like? As I understand it, that is precisely what "Christian" means..."Christ Like".

A simple reading of the Old Testament and the countless people that He killed, shows that he is allowed to do whatever He likes to us.

You didn't claim to be God. That wasn't said. The point is, is that God alone is the one to discredit people . . . not you, me, nor anyone else.

Yes, we are to strive to be like Christ, but we cannot be like Him in His attitude . . . BECAUSE He is God and we are not. Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord. Love your enemies, etc. (We should recall when Paul had to apologize for lashing out at the High Priest . . . calling him a name. Only Christ is allowed to do such.)

You are not only misunderstanding the Word of God, but you're also misunderstanding what we are sharing with you. Not fun at all.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That, as usual doesn't anwer the question, not to mention it was a poor attempt at making this my problem, and not only that, you used yet another untruth/deception in that attempt, and that in answer to my post that just asked you,...Do your false statements ever cease? Wow, I guess they don't cease.

Are you not paying attention at all, these are not "intentions in a mans heart" I am referring to, they are posts on a discussion board, of which many are flat out false, and have been proven false because you cannot back them up with scripture.

For a new member, you sure are aggressive. I hope this changes. We need kind people, here, not those that are aggressive and agitators. Be kind . . . it really isn't that hard.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A simple reading of the Old Testament and the countless people that He killed, shows that he is allowed to do whatever He likes to us.

You didn't claim to be God. That wasn't said. The point is, is that God alone is the one to discredit people . . . not you, me, nor anyone else.

Yes, we are to strive to be like Christ, but we cannot be like Him in His attitude . . . BECAUSE He is God and we are not. Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord. Love your enemies, etc. (We should recall when Paul had to apologize for lashing out at the High Priest . . . calling him a name. Only Christ is allowed to do such.)

You are not only misunderstanding the Word of God, but you're also misunderstanding what we are sharing with you. Not fun at all.

You did not answer the first question. All you did was talk around it. I have done nothing wrong, and thus far you have been unable to show that I did.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yiu did not anwer all the questi

I did. It's just that you don't understand what is being presented to you both by myself and the Word of God. Sorry, but I'm not here to convince you of anything . . . because I know that I can't. You are angry and aggressive, and that means, by default, your ears are closed.

That said, I hope that God grants you with the Greatest of Blessings, the Promises given to Abraham.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For a new member, you sure are aggressive. I hope this changes. We need kind people, here, not those that are aggressive and agitators. Be kind . . . it really isn't that hard.

What do you mean "for a new member"? Am I to cower to those who teach contrary to the bible because of the length of time I've posted here? Your posts against me have no validity, and seem to defend false docterine.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did. It's just that you don't understand what is being presented to you both by myself and the Word of God. Sorry, but I'm not here to convince you of anything . . . because I know that I can't. You are angry and aggressive, and that means, by default, your ears are closed.

That said, I hope that God grants you with the Greatest of Blessings, the Promises given to Abraham.

No you did not back up your claim and when asked to, you did just as the others do, and showed you cannot back it up because it was false.

I'm making simple, true, matter of fact comments here and you all are dancing around them like there is no tomorrow. :)