What does DEATH mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gave the law to Moses for the natural children of Israel, but for the most part they were unable to obey those written laws [613]. Why should we today be able to compile a black and white set of written rules as some have done have from the written Bible including the NT or all of the Bible and be able to do better?

"For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit." Rom 8:3-5

The secret of obeying that which God wants us to obey is no secret to those whom God has given understanding of what it means to "walk in ...or after the Spirit".

Jesus promised to send power to men:

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." Acts 1:8

In Acts 2 we see the beginning of that promise. In the following words we see that it is through the Holy Ghost of Acts 2 that the "good things" and the "sound words" are kept by the Holy Ghost in us:

"Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us." II Tim 1:13-14

Pulling out specific commands or requirements from scripture is not in itself an evil thing, but that alone will not bring us into Jesus and into His Father.

To get into God and His Son, we need that Life giving Spirit.

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

That Spirit is the Holy Spirit or the Holy Ghost. There is a spirit, or spirits, in every man, but not every spirit is a Holy Spirit.
We must have the Life, which Jesus is, and that Life comes to us from that Holy Spirit. It is that Holy Spirit that brings the words of the Bible, which we consume to Life within us [Resurrection]!

Jesus is the Word, and that Word is alive. Without the Spirit, there is no Life [no Jesus] in what we read or memorize or hear.

Those without the Holy Spirit then would be all of the dead people around us walking [men name then zombies], See what Jesus says:

Joh 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

And here:

Mt 8:21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. Mt 8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Reactions: rwb

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean Adam and Eve DIED...right?

Regarding Man-kind...Death Spiritually
...IS any parts of a Man...body, soul, spirit...Separated from God.

Physical Death is when the Life In the Body ceases to have functioning life....
Ie. blood.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean Adam and Eve Died...right?

Their body’s died years later.
Their soul was Separated from God.
Before Separation, they were forgiven.
Forgiveness does not mean NO consequence.
Consequence, Separated from God.
God IN Garden.
Adam and Eve sent out of Garden...Separated.

• Haha
Reactions: FactsPlease

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God IN Garden.
That is FAR beyond scripture.
Where are their 'souls'

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God IN Garden.

Seems Spiritual knowledge amuses you.
Many men without spiritual understanding drift along in your same mindful amusement. Thus you can be comforted, you are not alone.

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems Spiritual knowledge amuses you.
Many men without spiritual understanding drift along in your same mindful amusement. Thus you can be comforted, you are not alone.
I was feeling the same towards you.
We Adam died- where did his 'immortal soul' go?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was feeling the same towards you.
We Adam died- where did his 'immortal soul' go?
Hmm…you believe Adam and Eve were immortal? Despite never having eaten from the tree of life? Do you also believe their children were born immortal?

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you believe Adam and Eve were immortal? Despite never having eaten from the
tree of life?

Adam was created in the image and likeness of God. So he started out with
two very good advantages: an inspired conscience and immortality; but then
lost both during the course of the forbidden fruit incident and became
infected with mortality.

Now, the tree of life isn't a source of life. According to Rev 22:1-2 the tree is
a remedy for whatever ails you. So the tree would've cured Adam's infection
and restored him to perfect health, but alas he wasn't allowed to access it.

Do you also believe their children were born immortal?

Abel wasn't born immortal (Gen 4:8) and neither was Seth (Gen 5:8) so I
think it's safe to assume Cain wasn't.
_

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, the tree of life isn't a source of life.
Are you sure?
22 Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might reach out with his hand, and take fruit also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”

Last edited:

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good
and evil;

In other words: the man made himself a tin God guiding himself by his own
intuitive concepts of right and wrong.

BTW: The tin-God conscience is in just as much need of atonement as any
other sinful condition. (Heb 9:8-14)
_

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In other words: the man made himself a tin God guiding himself by his own
intuitive concepts of right and wrong.

BTW: The tin-God conscience is in just as much need of atonement as any
other sinful condition. (Heb 9:8-14)
_
It was the next part of the verse I was really referencing.
The part that says: and now, he might reach out with his hand, and take fruit also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was the next part of the verse I was really referencing. The part that says:
andnow, he might reach out with his hand, and take fruit also from the tree
of life, and eat, and live forever

The information you seek is located in post No.31
_

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think "death" is sometimes a word used in the Bible to mean suffering (example: Ezekiel 33:17-20). But nobody really dies, do they? They just pass on to another existence.
The answer will vary depending on if you think all men are born with eternal life or if you think only receiving Gods Spirit is eternal life.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer will vary depending on if you think all men are born with eternal life or if you think only receiving Gods Spirit is eternal life.
Answer me this, young lady: It is said that some spend eternity in heaven, and others in hell. If that is true, is it death to spend eternity in hell?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Answer me this, young lady: It is said that some spend eternity in heaven, and others in hell. If that is true, is it death to spend eternity in hell?
Where to start…first of all, who will spend eternity in hell when hell and all it’s contents is eventually thrown into the lake of fire?
Also, are men born with eternal life in them or does the receiving of Gods Spirit give them eternal life?