What does God want?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God the Father wants us to live as long as we can. Some day he will resurrect us to live forever.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obedience. To God, obedience to Him IS the love we express to Him. And loving Him is the first and most important commandment which has not at all changed in the NT. IF we are obeying Him then, we know that we love Him. JM2C :)

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obedience. To God, obedience to Him IS the love we express to Him. And loving Him is the first and most important commandment which has not at all changed in the NT. IF we are obeying Him then, we know that we love Him. JM2C :)
Oh geez, STOP! Obedience is not like us being a bunch of robots. Our secular laws do enough of THAT.

Obedience is about WANTING to obey...because we see that obeying is what's BEST....

for ourselves...for others...

Jesus said that the FIRST Commandment is to love God. And the second was like it.. (Yes, I'm paraphrasing). If you sit there and claim to love God, yet diss the homeless guy, you're not really "loving" God.

Too many people believe that "loving" God makes them saints...to exclusion of loving others.

"I love you, God, I love you! But I won't give us my seat to a homeless pregnant woman.
"I love you God, I love you! But I won't give money to a beggar on the street"

"I love you God, I love you. But that extra change the clerk gave me at a 7-11, I'm going to keep. After all, YOU bestowed upon me this gift..."

OMG. That was a TEST...and you FAILED.

What homeless person would want to be in heaven with those who think less of them?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh geez, STOP! Obedience is not like us being a bunch of robots. Our secular laws do enough of THAT.

Obedience is about WANTING to obey...because we see that obeying is what's BEST....

for ourselves...for others...

Jesus said that the FIRST Commandment is to love God. And the second was like it.. (Yes, I'm paraphrasing). If you sit there and claim to love God, yet diss the homeless guy, you're not really "loving" God.

Too many people believe that "loving" God makes them saints...to exclusion of loving others.

"I love you, God, I love you! But I won't give us my seat to a homeless pregnant woman.
"I love you God, I love you! But I won't give money to a beggar on the street"

"I love you God, I love you. But that extra change the clerk gave me at a 7-11, I'm going to keep. After all, YOU bestowed upon me this gift..."

OMG. That was a TEST...and you FAILED.

What homeless person would want to be in heaven with those who think less of them?
Hello Mink, welcome to the forums.
You seem to think that you know my heart and thoughts and intentions, how very presuming of you :)
What one might deem a sin so, for them, it is.

James 4:16-17
"…16 As it is, you boast in your proud intentions. All such boasting is evil. 17Anyone, then, who knows the right thing to do, yet fails to do it, is guilty of sin."
Berean Standard Bible · Download

Reactions: dev553344

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to think that you know my heart and thoughts and intentions, how very presuming of you :)

"…16 As it is, you boast in your proud intentions. All such boasting is evil. 17Anyone, then, who knows the right thing to do, yet fails to do it, is guilty of sin."
BTW- There is no constant state of simply "wanting" to obey, the scriptures state "to obey".

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW- There is no constant state of simply "wanting" to obey, the scriptures state "to obey".
Like saying "God I "Want " to love you, but...that kind of sounds like an attempt to serve both God and mammon. Just sayin, JMO!

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

At what point did I presume to know YOUR heart, YOUR thoughts and YOUR intentions, Nancy?

Seriously, gimme a break.

Like I mentioned above, we're not a bunch of robots. I don't simply obey God without knowing WHY He set the law before us in the first place. If God says, "Don't steal", I can plainly see WHY He says that. And if Jesus tells us about the Good Samaritan, I can plainly see WHY we're supposed to help our fellow man.

Too many so-called Christians get wrapped up in this whole "praise God! Worship God", and neglect their fellow human.

I don't have to be in church to "praise God." I can praise Him by helping someone. An ear to someone at a bus stop, who wants to talk about their problems with an ex girlfriend...pushing someone in a wheelchair a quarter mile to their destination...praying for someone who tells racist jokes that I heard earlier in the day...

THAT'S how we praise God!

I don't obey because I'm some robot. I obey because I see the meaning in obedience.

Do YOU?

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
598b1d36c68d578ce8aea55150e0f67c--micah---walks.jpg

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At what point did I presume to know YOUR heart, YOUR thoughts and YOUR intentions, Nancy?

Seriously, gimme a break.

Like I mentioned above, we're not a bunch of robots. I don't simply obey God without knowing WHY He set the law before us in the first place. If God says, "Don't steal", I can plainly see WHY He says that. And if Jesus tells us about the Good Samaritan, I can plainly see WHY we're supposed to help our fellow man.

Too many so-called Christians get wrapped up in this whole "praise God! Worship God", and neglect their fellow human.

I don't have to be in church to "praise God." I can praise Him by helping someone. An ear to someone at a bus stop, who wants to talk about their problems with an ex girlfriend...pushing someone in a wheelchair a quarter mile to their destination...praying for someone who tells racist jokes that I heard earlier in the day...

THAT'S how we praise God!

I don't obey because I'm some robot. I obey because I see the meaning in obedience.

Do YOU?
First off, we do not demand to know the "why's" of His commands, like we would know a better way. That is true trust and faith IMHO.

And in answer to your above post:

"Oh geez, STOP! Obedience is not like us being a bunch of robots. Our secular laws do enough of THAT."<---You assume I think obeying the creator of the universe is like being a "robot" Don't get it but, still a personal assumption on your part.

"Obedience is about WANTING to obey...because we see that obeying is what's BEST...." <---Hmm, "wanting" to obey?? Really do not get this one either. Wanting and doing are two totally different things. Sounds like you think that just "wanting" to obey Him are one and the same.

"Jesus said that the FIRST Commandment is to love God. And the second was like it.. (Yes, I'm paraphrasing). If you sit there and claim to love God, yet diss the homeless guy, you're not really "loving" God." <--- You think that I would diss a homeless person? Lol, my thing IS soup kitchens and pantries and serving the homeless and lost. I do have a heart for all of them.

"Too many people believe that "loving" God makes them saints...to exclusion of loving others." <--- You think I do not agape others? How can you even say that without ever having known me?? Your writing assumes that I am all these things.

"I love you, God, I love you! But I won't give us my seat to a homeless pregnant woman. <--- Why would you even think this of me?
"I love you God, I love you! But I won't give money to a beggar on the street" <--- DITTO!

"I love you God, I love you. But that extra change the clerk gave me at a 7-11, I'm going to keep. After all, YOU bestowed upon me this gift..." <--- Now I am dishonest and a thief?

OMG. That was a TEST...and you FAILED. <--- What??!

"What homeless person would want to be in heaven with those who think less of them"? <---WHERE are you even getting this trash talk against me from?!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Ghost causes us to live longer lives and rejuvenates us to health and heals us of afflictions. It is clearly his will for those he shares his spirit with.