What does it mean for Christians not to be forgiven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(Kimshi42;37149)
Do we go to Hell? Or just get as great a reward in Heaven?
The moment we confess our sin, [The things that we do wrong as a Christian] God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1: 9, the moment you confess and repent, you are back in right standing with God.

Kimshi42

Dec 27, 2007
Thanks but what if I'm having trouble forgiving someone else and I harbor resentment that I can't seem to shake? Just keep confessing?

winsome

Feb 15, 2008
(Kimshi42;37165)
Thanks but what if I'm having trouble forgiving someone else and I harbor resentment that I can't seem to shake? Just keep confessing?
If they haven't asked you for forgiveness then you don't have to forgive them. However if you hang on to resentment you are damaging yourself. So somehow you need to let go of that.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(winsome;37219)
(Kimishi42)
If they haven't asked you for forgiveness then you don't have to forgive them. However if you hang on to resentment you are damaging yourself. So somehow you need to let go of that.People didn't ask forgiveness when Yahshua was on the cross but Yahshua says this...Luke 23:34 - Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Hebrews 8:12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(Kimshi42;37165)
If you are a born again Christian you have the love and the Divine nature of God in you, God had forgiven us, and has given us the God-given-love to forgive each other.Confessing is a very powerful force that changes things. keep confessing,"I have the love of God, I am a partaker of his Divine nature, I have the ability to forgive, AND I DO FORGIVE and don't harbor any resentment". Every time you think that you can't forgive, make that confession.