What does it mean to be born again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did there have to be a specific point????? How about fellowship, rejoicing in the truth, enjoying someone else's revelation, things like that.

Never mind brother, the Lord was faithful and kind to be showing me things before you came along, He will continue to feed me and show me the way. A lot of what you were talking about is not new to me, except you are off base in some important foundational things.

Maybe it's a problem understanding on a spiritual level. For example I noticed you don't understand how it is that God has already sanctified and glorified us in the past tense, that is, those He foreknew. Maybe you're not getting the "yes but not yet" concept. Oh well we are all works in progress.
Wow! Past tense? All prohecy speaks of things future as already done. But to put yourself in your own choice of verses is foolishness. It's asking for God to show you that you are wrong. That's how judgment comes. How to get a whole generation of believers falsely claiming things ...when so many of these will be rejected. In the meantime all the damage that is done to the name of Christ. Why? All to satisfy the longings of the flesh to feel "special."

I'm appalled, frankly.

Imagine being on a Jewish site...and everybody attesting to the "specialness" of being a Jew. Why not just share Jewish things with each other? A Christian site..doing the same thing but with the justification of human assumptions. A light to the Jews? Not in any way. No Jew will give up the Torah for an assumed righteousness based on seeing yourself as righteous because you chose to think certain verses were talking about you.

People today are making the same mistakes as the Jews did before us.

The people of God perish for lack of knowledge (of themselves and the ways of God.)

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Wow! Past tense? All prohecy speaks of things future as already done. But to put yourself in your own choice of verses is foolishness. It's asking for God to show you that you are wrong. That's how judgment comes. How to get a whole generation of believers falsely claiming things ...when so many of these will be rejected. In the meantime all the damage that is done to the name of Christ. Why? All to satisfy the longings of the flesh to feel "special."

I'm appalled, frankly.

Imagine being on a Jewish site...and everybody attesting to the "specialness" of being a Jew. Why not just share Jewish things with each other? A Christian site..doing the same thing but with the justification of human assumptions. A light to the Jews? Not in any way. No Jew will give up the Torah for an assumed righteousness based on seeing yourself as righteous because you chose to think certain verses were talking about you.

People today are making the same mistakes as the Jews did before us.

The people of God perish for lack of knowledge (of themselves and the ways of God.)
Wow! You missed everything @Lizbeth is saying, reading skills and comprehension, off topic and now you are on the Yehudim/site, what in the world is going on with you?!

All prohecy speaks of things future as already done.....your words, so you are a Preterist?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It's asking for God to show you that you are wrong. That's how judgment comes. How to get a whole generation of believers falsely claiming things ...when so many of these will be rejected. In the meantime all the damage that is done to the name of Christ. Why? All to satisfy the longings of the flesh to feel "special."
No, not here to cater to the flesh,[ I am battling with the flesh] but all believers are kind of YHVH"s "specials" IN Christ Jesus, our great God and Savior.

Read these words from our Lord and precious Savior.....

Joh 17:13 But now I am coming to you, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
Joh 17:14 I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:15 I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one.
Joh 17:16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.
Joh 17:17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.
Joh 17:18 As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.
Joh 17:19 And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth.
Joh 17:20 “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,
Joh 17:21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
Joh 17:22 The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one,
Joh 17:23 I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.
Joh 17:24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
Joh 17:25 O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me.
Joh 17:26 I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

Makes us kind of "special" and precious in His sight, wouldn't you say?

Reactions: Lizbeth

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Catering both to Christ AND the flesh? I'm hoping you will awaken from whatever slumber you are in and stand up for the truth...that is my prayer.
Baby, bathwater. See it all the time in Christendom. Not many are able to hold onto two apparently opposite ideas at the same time because they are held in spirit.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I fear he can't see the wood from the trees, his "brand" of doctrine thoroughly debunked, yet persist in his folly.
J.

Could it be that he has...."everyone look at me" issues?

The thing is,... true believers always point you to Jesus, Truth, love, Grace, the Cross, as that is what the Holy Spirit does, J.

This fella, is. 'look at me" "look at what i do"...."me, me , me ,me"..., and Christianity is not about us, its about Jesus, the Cross, the walk of faith, and God who provided all this for us..... as a "GIFT". which Episkopos defined as "whipping boy" nonsense.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! You missed everything @Lizbeth is saying, reading skills and comprehension, off topic and now you are on the Yehudim/site, what in the world is going on with you?!

All prohecy speaks of things future as already done.....your words, so you are a Preterist?
Wow…this gets just stranger and stranger. Since God moved men to write the prophecies and they were often written as if they’d already occurred (even before they had), shouldn’t your question be: is God a preterist?

And moreover, aren’t you with the group claiming that all the prophecies and promises are already yours and have already occurred? So shouldn’t YOU be the one asked if you’re a preterist…?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No Jew will give up the Torah for an assumed righteousness based on seeing yourself as righteous because you chose to think certain verses were talking about you.
Here we go again. Episkopos showing his disdain for the solid Gospel truth of justification by grace through faith WITH IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS. He calls it an "assumed righteousness" even though God calls it "the righteousness of God" in Christ.

Does God clothe His saints with His own righteousness, based solely upon the finished work of Christ? Absolutely. Does God clothe His saints with salvation, based purely upon His grace and loving kindness? Absolutely. Those who are in Christ are DEEMED to be as righteous as Christ. That also implies that they are to live their lives soberly, righteously, and godly in this present word. They are to deny iniquity and rebuke the works of darkness. They are to mortify the flesh and walk in the Spirit.

As to unbelieving Jews being rendered "jealous" that is exactly what the Bible says: I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. (Rom 11:11)

So when a person claims to be a "teacher" but does not even understand fundamental Gospel truths, it is high time to identify him as a false teacher.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
righteousness based on seeing yourself as righteous because you chose to think certain verses were talking about you.

Episkopos.......Your posts prove are as confused as a monkey in a Mall.

Listen,
The NT does not teach that we are righteous because the born again see themselves so...
So, stop making up a new testament that does not exist except in your cult., Episkopos.

The NT teaches that God, through the Cross of Christ has provided this Blood Atonement as "the righteousness of God, in Christ", that is a GIFT from God that is "The Gift of Salvation".

A person RECEIVES this Gift of Righteousness, when they give God their Faith in Christ.

Why does God provide THE Cross, His Christ as our "righteousness"?

Its because He can't have us unless we are equal to Him, in "righteousness"...... and we can't become that on our own as we are "all have sinned".

So, Christ came here to live the Holy life, under the law, sinless, and God takes this very Life of Christ, and He imputs it to a believer and that is His righteousness, GIVEN, as ..."The Gift of Salvation" and "The Gift of RIGHTEOUSNESS".

That is what it means to be "made righteous",...... and without this, you can't be "in Christ", and you are not "one with God"., born again.

Reactions: Johann

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Baby, bathwater. See it all the time in Christendom. Not many are able to hold onto two apparently opposite ideas at the same time because they are held in spirit.
A compromise with the flesh is a compromise of light and darkness. One does not justify the flesh. One goes to God to have it crucified. That is the pathway to the higher walk. That is the truth that sets us free.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
A compromise with the flesh is a compromise of light and darkness. One does not justify the flesh. One goes to God to have it crucified. That is the pathway to the higher walk. That is the truth that sets us free.
And how does one go to God?

= THE CROSS...

You know......that "whipping boy" nonsense, as you described it, Episkopos.

Reactions: Johann

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here we go again. Episkopos showing his disdain for the solid Gospel truth of justification by grace through faith WITH IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS. He calls it an "assumed righteousness" even though God calls it "the righteousness of God" in Christ.
God empowers people with His righteousness. But before that can happen, people will take an off-ramp to join the crowd that says...hey, no need to seek God's face...just read any bible verse you want...now claim it for yourself.

Does God clothe His saints with His own righteousness, based solely upon the finished work of Christ? Absolutely. Does God clothe His saints with salvation, based purely upon His grace and loving kindness? Absolutely. Those who are in Christ are DEEMED to be as righteous as Christ. That also implies that they are to live their lives soberly, righteously, and godly in this present word. They are to deny iniquity and rebuke the works of darkness. They are to mortify the flesh and walk in the Spirit.

The trick is to be accepted by God and taken up to abide in Christ.
As to unbelieving Jews being rendered "jealous" that is exactly what the Bible says: I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. (Rom 11:11)

So when a person claims to be a "teacher" but does not even understand fundamental Gospel truths, it is high time to identify him as a false teacher.
The Jews will never be made jealous based on the imagination of wilfull religious posturers. The Christendom of today is responsible for the slide into deeper decadence in the world. The believers' pretending has led to much pretending in the world...gender dysphoria, the rise of "rights" for all kinds of sin. Justification of the flesh has led to a disaster in the cause of righteousness. That is not even to scratch the surface on the damage it has created to the cause of Christ.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

He's clearly identified Himself as that in 29 pages here.
And he'll do it again in the next video(s), Thread(s), post(s).
Its his ministry.

Eventually he'll play the martyr, and start bemoaning how he is the only one taking a "stand for truth and God" while he continues to teach the blasphemy, that the Cross of Christ is : "whipping boy" nonsense.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He's clearly identified Himself as that in 29 pages here.
And he'll do it again in the next video(s), Thread(s), post(s).
Its his ministry.

Eventually he'll play the martyr, and start bemoaning how he is the only one taking a "stand for truth and God" while he continues to teach the blasphemy, that the Cross of Christ is : "whipping boy" nonsense.

noun
noun: whipping boy; plural noun: whipping boys
  1. a person who is blamed or punished for the faults or incompetence of others.
    "I may end up as the whipping boy if things go wrong"
Origin
extended use of the original term (mid 17th century) denoting a boy educated with a young prince or other royal person and punished instead of him.
Translate whipping boy to

Feedback

"A whipping boy was a boy educated alongside a prince in early modern Europe, who supposedly received corporal punishment for the prince's transgressions in his presence"

The above is how you and others treat Jesus. No fear of the Lord, no shame, no repentance, or humility of any kind...just presumption and wickedness.

You, and many others (who treat their flesh as royalty) have made Jesus your whipping boy. That is the context...which your lies have sought to obscure (of course). You treat yourself like royalty while you expect Jesus to clean up after you. But you have God all wrong. Everything you say to my account is your own backward way of self-accusation. I read your posts as your own admissions.

Jesus is not YOUR sacrifice for sins. You don't get to offer up His suffering for your benefit. God decides who is justified...not people...and certainly not self-righteous posturers like yourself.

Titus 1:16 "They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate."

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is not YOUR sacrifice for sins. You don't get to offer up His suffering for your benefit. God decides who is justified...not people...and certainly not self-righteous posturers like yourself.
While you were yet His enemy, you were reconciled to God through Jesus Christ. So you are correct, you do not have the option of "offer up His suffering", or some such thing as that.

Your option is either to receive His reconciliation or not.

Much love!

Reactions: Lizbeth and Johann
Status
Not open for further replies.