What does it mean to be born again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fruit of the Spirit is the good character produced by the Spirit living in us.

The fruit of the false teacher is in the poor character they exhibit, and the poor character exhibited by their disciples.

We all reveal ourselves. I guess some don't believe that, but we are sure seeing it here!

Much love!
1678218018279.jpeg

Reactions: Jim B

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is my greatest concern, am I still the same Johann that joined this Forum about 2 years ago?
My "opponent" seems to think so, bringing up my past.
J.
It shows you having joined just shy of one year, not two…
You can part ways, call me your opponent, preach how evil I am, hate me, get angry and offended with me, bite me, whatever you have to do. I’m not going anywhere and I’m still going to be here, speaking what understanding God gives me, sharing what I have from Him, and making fun of people with silly memes to try to get them to be real and authentic and stop trying to impress others that they are admirable and pious and terribly so holy. Parting ways won’t make me stop loving you.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fruit of the false teacher is in the poor character they exhibit, and the poor character exhibited by their disciples
You mean like…stalking, grudging, taking offense, calling people false prophets, evil teachers, unsaved? You mean like that?

Reactions: Jim B

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A tree is known by its FRUITS sister. Rather than going by my own emotions, I just accept the Word of God. It's not complicated. There has been ample fruit being thrown and thus exposed on this thread to be able to judge it.

You are ensnared in a snare and not able to be objective. I just pray it is not a permanent state with you and that it will turn out to be a phase.

Pride goeth before a fall. I've seen new age type thinking before and how people just sit around showing off their knowledge/wisdom of the scriptures to one another and get more and more puffed up. There's no Life in that, it leads to a dead end. I know because I was trying that out at one time. And God lets people do that. Just like He gave Solomon all the wisdom and knowledge that he asked for. But for all his wisdom it did not keep him from falling....and what was that fall, essentially, friendship with the world. We need to be sure our motive for seeking knowledge and wisdom are not based in things of the flesh like pride and feeding our curiosity.
1678221821185.gif

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you can preach Episkopos's theology and believe it, or you can be born again, and have what the Cross provided for you, as "the Gift of Salvation".
I wouldn’t have received the Spirit if I were not born again. And when I did, it wasn’t like people who can’t pinpoint a certain moment. With me, it was dramatic. I most surely noticed it!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What does it mean to be : Born Again

There are a some of you here who understand the Principles of God's "Grace through Faith" and you will need a quick, clear, teaching on this Topic, as you will be dealing with people, new coverts, your converts, babes in Christ, heretics, ....and you need this quick simple clear teaching on the subject.

Here you go, and God bless.

1.) Your FAITH in Christ is accepted by God and ""counted as Righteousness"", and you are "Justified by Faith, without the deeds of the Law", because "Christ is the END of the LAW for Righteousness, for/to everyone who BELIEVES""".

2.) The Shed Blood and Death Of Jesus, this imputed BLOOD ATONEMENT, which is the New Covenant... has now paid for all your sin. Hebrews 10:12

3.) Now that all your sin is dealt with by the CROSS of CHRIST, God then births your spirit into His by the Holy Spirit, and you are now eternally become "made righteousness"... AS A = '"new Creation" 'In Christ". ..'""one with God""... "Son/Daughter of God"" = Born AGAIN.

You have now RECEIVED :

"The Gift of Rightoueness"

"The Gift of Salvation".

"Eternal Life".

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it mean to be : Born Again

1.)
Your FAITH in Christ is accepted by God and ""counted as Righteousness"", and you are "Justified by Faith, without the deeds of the Law""".

2.) The Shed Blood and Death Of Jesus, this imputed BLOOD ATONEMENT, which is the New Covenant... has now paid for all your sin. Hebrews 10:12

3.) Now that all your sin is dealt with by the CROSS of CHRIST, God then births your spirit into His by the Holy Spirit, and you are now eternally become "made righteousness"... AS A = '"new Creation" 'In Christ". ..'""one with God""... "Son/Daughter of God"" = Born AGAIN.

You have now RECEIVED :

"The Gift of Rightoueness"

"The Gift of Salvation".
I remember some quote, which I’ll most likely mangle but something like this: A man who actually experiences God is not at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Again, you are in error

Surely he hath borne our sufferings, and nasah (carried [Vayikra 16:22; Yeshayah 53:12)] our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, [i.e., like a leper is stricken] smitten of G-d, and afflicted

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own derech (way; see Prov 16:25); and Hashem hath laid on him [Moshiach] the avon (iniquity, the guilt that separates from G-d) of us all.

According to you, evil men made Christ "to be" sin, according to the Scriptures, it was YHVH.
Very bad reading...that supports wrong thinking. You who claim to be as righteous as God by wrong thinking also think that God was the One crucifying His own Son. But that is wrong. This is no doubt a waste of time for you...but for others..

Acts 2:23 "Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, you have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:"

The "Him" is Jesus...the "you" is not God ....and the means is by wicked hands. The foreknowledge and counsel of God means that God saw it and permitted it. But it wasn't the Father making His Son to be sin (which is unrighteous) so that sinners could be seen as righteous as God (again, unrighteousness claiming to be righteous.)

The unrighteousness is in the ones doing the false imputation. The bible never says...

That Abraham was imputed with God's righteousness. That error is championed by @Enoch111 who claims to be as righteous as God Himself.

What the bible DOES say...

Is. 53:6 "Hashem laid on Himself the iniquity of us all."

John 10:18 "No man takes it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."

Notice the "Himself" and the "Myself". Not a vengeful God. The wrath of God is yet to come on the unrighteous.

And the bible also says this...that the translators chose to paper over...which doesn't help English speakers understand about righteousness..

Is. 53:11 b..."by His knowledge shall My servant justify the righteous, for He shall bear their iniquities."

That's what is says in the Septuagint as well as the MSS. You claim to know a tiny bit of Hebrew...check it out! The verse is talking about the righteous.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Him" is Jesus...the "you" is not God
Ah. You didn’t give that verse when I earlier struggled with it…very good!
I have no idea what I labored over about it… :jest:
I have to find the posts. What was I having the problem with…

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said how to be born again

Born again is the act of us being dead in sin, made alive in christ.

It can only be accomplished through faith. As John said. The power is given to become sons of God only to those who believe.

He who believes is not condemned. They have been born again.

If anyone adds works to the gospel of grace. They should be anathema.. I am dumbfounded how this works based heresy continues to get traction in chat rooms today. Its sad..

Reactions: Jim B and marks

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hence my question, can others see any change in Johann's interaction with others, is it bearing the fruit of the Spirit, or is it me bluffing myself.
From Kierkegaard:
Yes, in the purely human world the rule is this: Seek out the help and opinion of others. Christ says: Beware of men! The majority of people are not only afraid of holding a wrong opin ion, they are afraid of holding an opinion alone. In the physical world water puts out fire. So too in the spiritual world. The “many”, the mass of people, put out the inner fire – beware of men!
According to the New Testament to be a Christian means to be salt. Christianity addresses this question to each individual: Are you willing to be salt? Are you willing to be sacrificed, in stead of belonging to the crowd, which seeks to profit from the sacrifice of others? Here again is the distinction: to be salt or to melt into the mass; to let others be sacrificed for us on behalf of the Truth or to let ourselves be sacrificed – between these two lies an eternal qualitative difference.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
marvel not that you were INCORRECT about that . He has him a follower , HE will approve .
If you dont beleive me , Go look at her response . Pride can often overlook errors if the errors are coming
from one who so highly exalts them . WHY would anyone have said what she wrote .
WHY , cause they dont care about your soul one bit , only their own pride .
I would not tell anyone who opposed truth there are in a better place , even though we know what she sometimes says IS NOT TRUE .
BUT she herself said what she did . She dont care about you , they dont . they care only about their POINT
and he about his following . I hate to say that cause it breaks my heart , but even HE should have rebuked her for that .
1678227077281.gif

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That Abraham was imputed with God's righteousness. That error is championed by @Enoch111 who claims to be as righteous as God Himself.
If you can't believe this from the Word of God, then you have not believed God and Christ. Which is a SERIOUS PROBLEM for you.

For those who wish to ignore Episkopos and go strictly by the Word of God, here is the truth (below) which refutes all false teachings. Kindly read and study this extensive passage carefully, and pay no heed to false teachers (like SBG does).

Please note that justification by faith leads to imputed righteousness. The same as the righteousness imputed to Abraham.

GALATIANS 3: GOD WOULD JUSTIFY THE HEATHEN THROUGH FAITH

3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Very bad reading...that supports wrong thinking. You who claim to be as righteous as God by wrong thinking also think that God was the One crucifying His own Son. But that is wrong. This is no doubt a waste of time for you...but for others..

Acts 2:23 "Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, you have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:"

The "Him" is Jesus...the "you" is not God ....and the means is by wicked hands. The foreknowledge and counsel of God means that God saw it and permitted it. But it wasn't the Father making His Son to be sin (which is unrighteous) so that sinners could be seen as righteous as God (again, unrighteousness claiming to be righteous.)

The unrighteousness is in the ones doing the false imputation. The bible never says...

What the bible DOES say...

Is. 53:6 "Hashem laid on Himself the iniquity of us all."

John 10:18 "No man takes it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."

Notice the "Himself" and the "Myself". Not a vengeful God. The wrath of God is yet to come on the unrighteous.

And the bible also says this...that the translators chose to paper over...which doesn't help English speakers understand about righteousness..

Is. 53:11 b..."by His knowledge shall My servant justify the righteous, for He shall bear their iniquities."

That's what is says in the Septuagint as well as the MSS. You claim to know a tiny bit of Hebrew...check it out! The verse is talking about the righteous.
I am tired now 12.04 AM--are you using Brenton's Septuagint Translation?

Besides your insinuations which I don't care, since you are not going to solicit a reaction from me--that it? Brenton's Septuagint?

I'll answer you tomorrow, no offense to you Epi, I know Hebrew from a very young age, didn't know that, did you, and have listened to many, many debates with my Messianic brothers versus rabbis, for years, and still listening.
You familiar with Dr Michael Brown, Tovia Singer?

Before I sign off--how can YHVH justify the righteous, since the righteous are already justified?

When-------------

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

I'll leave you with that, coming back to you tomorrow.

J.

Reactions: Lizbeth and marks

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you can't believe this from the Word of God, then you have not believed God and Christ. Which is a SERIOUS PROBLEM for you.

For those who wish to ignore Episkopos and go strictly by the Word of God, here is the truth (below) which refutes all false teachings. Kindly read and study this extensive passage carefully, and pay no heed to false teachers (like SBG does).

Please note that justification by faith leads to imputed righteousness. The same as the righteousness imputed to Abraham.

GALATIANS 3: GOD WOULD JUSTIFY THE HEATHEN THROUGH FAITH

3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.
18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.
21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
See what I mean?

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am tired now 12.04 AM--are you using Brenton's Septuagint Translation?

Besides your insinuations which I don't care, since you are not going to solicit a reaction from me--that it? Brenton's Septuagint?

I'll answer you tomorrow, no offense to you Epi, I know Hebrew from a very young age, didn't know that, did you, and have listened to many, many debates with my Messianic brothers versus rabbis, for years, and still listening.
You familiar with Dr Michael Brown, Tovia Singer?

Before I sign off--how can YHVH justify the righteous, since the righteous are already justified?

When-------------

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

I'll leave you with that, coming back to you tomorrow.

J.
God is building another level of righteousness on those with a righteous attitude. He builds the New Covenant on the Old....or as I have said...a second storey on a ground floor. That second storey...goes all the way to heaven! :)

It's God praising time!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
God is building another level of righteousness on those with a righteous attitude. He builds the New Covenant on the Old....or as I have said...a second storey on a ground floor. That second storey...goes all the way to heaven! :)

It's God praising time!
Neatly deflecting my questions to you, understandably.

Reactions: marks
Status
Not open for further replies.