What does the Bible say about when Jesus Christ would return?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What does the Bible say about when Jesus Christ would return?
Lotsa joy for those looking forward to it. Trepidation, foreboding and dread for those who desire business as usual.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh the day of death and destruction upon the earth when Jesus returns shall be bitter sweet to the tongue. It was pretty horrible though When you think about it, 1,000,000 Jewish people had died in 70ad.

Of course I believe he returned in 70Ad, thank you for commenting, Quietthinker.

Some believes it will happen in the future. It’s up to the individual to decide.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gave life in the beginning then takes a lot of life at the end. The (wrath of God) destruction was to come upon the nation of Israel for having the Son of God slain.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Literal" on the other hand is a word used often on this forum and elsewhere by people who presume their listeners or readers understand their meaning.
It seems to me that a lot of adjectives and adverbs are resorted to where a point is being stretched to match the fervor/zeal of the stretcher.

"For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up?"

:)

Reactions: amadeus