What does the word ALL mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@H. Richard

well, HR
I'm happy to know someone who has the truth, the Whole truth and nothing but the truth.

So my verses are Worth nothing?
Not even a comment.

You tell me what is and I'm supposed to just accept it?
Interesting.

It don't work like that.

So you are saying that I think I have the truth. Well aren't you saying the same thing? Your verses worth nothing well obviously the ones I gave you are worth nothing to you. My truth is Jesus. His shed blood on the cross paid for my sins. This is what I believe. That is what the verses that started this thread say. His shed blood was so powerful that it paid for the sins of the whole world, past, present, and future, for all who will place their faith in it. Faith + nothing is not easy believism. It take a person who admits to God that they can not save themselves and place their salvation in His hands.

The problem as I see it is that you do not realize that there was an age of Law and it has been set aside, By Jesus, Today we are not under the law it has been nailed to His cross.

Col 2:13-14
13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,
14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
NKJV

But you will not believe this because Jesus didn't say it, right?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't consider myself a religious person.
I consider myself a person of faith.

I didn't say I will only follow Jesus' words. Please don't misquote me. I said that IF I HAVE A DOUBT, I will Always listen to Jesus' words because they are very clear.

Jesus came to the lost sheep of Israel. So how did He end up saving ALL OF HUMANITY?
John 3:16
WHOEVER believeth in Him shall not perish.

Mathew chapter 22, The Marriage Feast.
The Master sent the slaves to invite EVERYONE to the feast.

John 10:16
Jesus said He had OTHER SHEEP which are not of this fold, and that He must bring the also.

John 12:32
When Jesus is lifted up, He will draw ALL men to Himself.

THE ABOVE ARE WORDS OF JESUS BEFORE PAUL WAS CONVERTED.

I posted Galatians 3:28
and Romans 10:12

That was Paul speaking.

Have you an answer for any of the above?

THERE IS ONE GOSPLE.
BOTH FOR THE JEW AND THE GENTILE.

The New Covenant is for EVERYONE.
The New Covenant does not abolish the Law.
Jesus has said this, not me.
Mathew 5:17

Since Jesus only came to give the Jews their promised kingdom on this earth why do you think He came to the Gentiles too? Jesus sent Paul out into the whole world to offer mankind salvation as a free gift. You ought to listen to Paul.

Reactions: FHII

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Since Jesus only came to give the Jews their promised kingdom on this earth why do you think He came to the Gentiles too? Jesus sent Paul out into the whole world to offer mankind salvation as a free gift. You ought to listen to Paul.
I've already answered this.
I posted many verses.
No use repeating.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Not only newbies, but anyone looking at GG posts and seeing only a quote from someone else..will just probably not open it ( having already read that persons post)
After a while GG may well find that she is getting no responses to her posts because of this 'hidden' way of doing it.
Not sure how many hundreds of people on here now as members, but everyone uses the quote..or more often than not, just picks out a few lines to respond to which interests them. People wont change that...plus, no reason to...as it WORKS! lol
yes. hiding the button is kind of ignernt tho lol

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So there's a gospel for the Jews and a gospel for the gentiles?

Have you read:
Galatians 3:28
Romans 10:12
How would you reconcile these two verses with your belief?
Well, its really not a hard question to answer (if I am understanding correctly). Jesus came to the Jews in 30 AD. He came only for the Jews. Paul wrote those epistles around 48-55 AD. Paul actually started dealing with the Jews but turned to the gentiles. Paul's message of grace through faith without the Law was the same for both groups. Most of the jews stayed behind with James's message of faith plus works. But some were with Paul.

So when Paul says there is nether greek or jew he is saying that the new covenant works for both.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
So when Paul says there is nether greek or jew he is saying that the new covenant works for both.
ha apparently not tho, at least until you are done editing, yes? I don't mean to be rude here, but c'mon. Is there a sect that follows this? Do you have a link iow? ty

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@H. Richard Thank you very much for answering my question. Good answer.
Not that I really understand much about why they can never see it.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@H. Richard Thank you very much for answering my question. Good answer.
Not that I really understand much about why they can never see it.

If you believe that Jesus defeated Satan on the cross then you have to see that He defeated Satan because He paid all of mankind's sin debt with his own blood. Satan could no longer function since the sin debt has been paid.

So what is Satan to do to get people back? He can get people to NOT believe in Jesus' work on the cross and in religions Satan has succeeded. The proof of this is that if I say Jesus' work on the cross paid for ALL the sins of mankind these people will attack the idea as being false because they want God to accept their works instead of Jesus' work on the cross. They refuse to give Jesus the glory for their salvation.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well, its really not a hard question to answer (if I am understanding correctly). Jesus came to the Jews in 30 AD. He came only for the Jews. Paul wrote those epistles around 48-55 AD. Paul actually started dealing with the Jews but turned to the gentiles. Paul's message of grace through faith without the Law was the same for both groups. Most of the jews stayed behind with James's message of faith plus works. But some were with Paul.

I'm afraid you missed my post where JESUS said he came for the gentiles.
I don't understand how this could be overlooked when reading the gospels, but I'll post the verses again for you:

Mathew 22 The Marriage Feast
The invited were too busy to show up. So in Mathew 22:9 the slaves were sent out to gather all and invite them to the wedding feast, and the hall became full.

John 10:7
Jesus is the door to the sheep.
John 10:16
JESUS SAYS, I have other sheep that are not of this fold.

To say nothing of the Abrahamic Covenant when God tells Abraham that he will be the father of MANY NATIONS, not just ONE.

We could also mention the Samaritan woman at he well.
The Samaritans were much hated by the Jews, but Jesus SPOKE to her, something that was not done, and told her that she could receive Living Water.

And please read John 4:23

Jesus was born a Jew and preached first to the Jews, but He knew that His word was for everyone.

Do you honestly believe that Jesus preached ONLY TO THE JEWS, or died only for the Jews, until Paul came along and decided His sacrifice was for the gentile also??

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

If you believe that Jesus defeated Satan on the cross then you have to see that He defeated Satan because He paid all of mankind's sin debt with his own blood. Satan could no longer function since the sin debt has been paid.

So what is Satan to do to get people back? He can get people to NOT believe in Jesus' work on the cross and in religions Satan has succeeded. The proof of this is that if I say Jesus' work on the cross paid for ALL the sins of mankind these people will attack the idea as being false because they want God to accept their works instead of Jesus' work on the cross. They refuse to give Jesus the glory for their salvation.
Or satan could get people to beleive they could just accept Him as Savior but not as Lord.

That they need DO NOTHING, because HE did it all and nothing is required of them.

Jesus DID HIS PART.
Now we should do ours.

John 9:4

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Wait.
Are you telling me that you listen to Paul
but not to Jesus?????

Are you telling me they don't agree with each other?

Are you telling me Paul is preaching a different gospel from the Son of God and you believe that one?

(if it were even true that there are TWO - which there are NOT -- there is ONE gospel)

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus sent Paul out into the world with a gospel of Grace. You would do well to listen to Paul.

Acts 9:10-16
10 Now there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him the Lord said in a vision, "Ananias." And he said, "Here I am, Lord."
11 So the Lord said to him, "Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus, for behold, he is praying.
12 And in a vision he has seen a man named Ananias coming in and putting his hand on him, so that he might receive his sight."
13 Then Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem.
14 And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name."
15 But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.
16 For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name's sake."

NKJV

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'm afraid you missed my post where JESUS said he came for the gentiles.
I don't understand how this could be overlooked when reading the gospels, but I'll post the verses again for you
I didn't intend to address them. I was addressing Gal 3:28 and Romans 10:7. Instead of commenting on what you believe I missed, why not comment on what I said?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I didn't intend to address them. I was addressing Gal 3:28 and Romans 10:7. Instead of commenting on what you believe I missed, why not comment on what I said?
Well,
you didn't post my Whole statement.
I cannot remember what we were discussing.
Galatians 3:28
We are ALL OF US THE SAME if we belong to the Body of Christ.
Romans 10:7
=???
Did I list that? If so, it was a mistake.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
P.S.

Apparently, what you MISSED would have answered your post to me, the one previous to this one....

Why else would I have brought it up???

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well,
you didn't post my Whole statement.
I didn't intend to. I wanted to address a few scriptures you gave and explain what I see in them.

I cannot remember what we were discussing

Well... That isn't my fault, but if you can't remember... Why is it important?

We are ALL OF US THE SAME if we belong to the Body of Christ.
Well, that was my point. The message of grace through faith (without works) is just as binding for Jews as it is for gentiles. 30-33 AD... It simply was in development. I call it a transition.

Apparently, what you MISSED would have answered your post to me, the one previous to this one....

Why else would I have brought it up???

Whose on first base?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I didn't intend to. I wanted to address a few scriptures you gave and explain what I see in them.

Well... That isn't my fault, but if you can't remember... Why is it important?

Well, that was my point. The message of grace through faith (without works) is just as binding for Jews as it is for gentiles. 30-33 AD... It simply was in development. I call it a transition.

Whose on first base?
NO. Whose on second.