What does the word ALL mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BB
It's called Easy Believism.

Make it easy and get those churches filled up.
NOTHING IS REQUIRED --- ONLY BELIEVE.

Too bad Jesus never said this.
He said we are TO DO.
He said we are TO OBEY.

Jesus is God and God never changed His mind on what He desires from us.

It's a way of excusing one's self from doing whatever they want to do.
Even if it's nothing.

This is a Prophecy straight from Gods Mouth!
Deuteronomy 18: 15
"The Lord Your God will raise up for you a Prophet like Me [God] from your midst, from your brethren, Him You Shall Hear"!!!
Deut-18-18
"I will raise up for them a Prophet like You [Moses] from among their brethren, and I [God] will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them All that I [God] command Him".
Deut-18-19
"And it Shall be that Whoever will not hear My Words, which He speaks in My Name, I [God] will Require it of him. -[Them]
I am not discounting Paul's writings
, But God Himself said that we should listen to His Son, First and Foremost. Jesus is like God, and also Like Moses the deliverer, these are about the Savior.

Reactions: GodsGrace

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you think listing to Jesus is the way to go. Jesus taught the Law to the Jews. If you are going to believe in what Jesus said then why don't you really believe Him when He said

Matt 10:5-7 (NKJ)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Matt 15:23-24 (NKJ)
23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, "Send her away, for she cries out after us."
24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

But you insist that He came to us too. Which will you believe?

Jesus came to give the Jews their promised kingdom. They refused it. Now Jesus, through the gospel of grace that Jesus gave to Paul all of mankind can be saved by the gift of salvation based on Jesus' shed blood. You either believe, have faith, trust and confidence in His work on the cross are
you can believe that salvation is found in your works of religion. It is your choice and it seems you have made one.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and see how now, as you have dropped the mention of "click to expand," any newbie scrolling by reads nothing at your post

Not only newbies, but anyone looking at GG posts and seeing only a quote from someone else..will just probably not open it ( having already read that persons post)
After a while GG may well find that she is getting no responses to her posts because of this 'hidden' way of doing it.
Not sure how many hundreds of people on here now as members, but everyone uses the quote..or more often than not, just picks out a few lines to respond to which interests them. People wont change that...plus, no reason to...as it WORKS! lol

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you think listing to Jesus is the way to go. Jesus taught the Law to the Jews. If you are going to believe in what Jesus said then why don't you really believe Him when He said

5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.

23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, "Send her away, for she cries out after us."
24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Jesus came to give the Jews their promised kingdom. They refused it. Now Jesus, through the gospel of grace that Jesus gave to Paul all of mankind can be saved by the gift of salvation based on Jesus' shed blood. You either believe, have faith, trust and confidence in His work on the cross are
you can believe that salvation is found in your works of religion. It is your choice and it seems you have made one.

Amen, well said.
I do have a question though. Why is it that some of us can see it so clearly but others can't , and are stuck in the mixture of old and new?

I am not hitting at anyone here as such. But one of my natural brothers sees it, but the other cannot !! Why?
I don't think he was brain washed by the old teaching ...as he was saved long after us, so why can he just not "see it". Does God only speak it and reveal it to some?
I did hear that as a teaching once.
It was said that all people are called the Outer Court, ( brazen altar- Cross) some are called into the Holy Place, Spirit realm, and some are called into the Inner Place....seeing and hearing.
( First feast, second feast, and third feast) But, that sounds very Elite to me. And not really fair..I know fair is a bad word....it would make people prideful I should think.
I just don't know why my brother can't see or hear it...and it's obvious that many people can't!!
My brother is quite happy in the Outer Court as it were...leading people to the Lord and not thinking of anything else.

Haha! Maybe you have an answer...no sweat if you don't, because I don't!! :D

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

To whom are you speaking???

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, well said.
I do have a question though. Why is it that some of us can see it so clearly but others can't , and are stuck in the mixture of old and new?

I am not hitting at anyone here as such. But one of my natural brothers sees it, but the other cannot !! Why?
I don't think he was brain washed by the old teaching ...as he was saved long after us, so why can he just not "see it". Does God only speak it and reveal it to some?
I did hear that as a teaching once.
It was said that all people are called the Outer Court, ( brazen altar- Cross) some are called into the Holy Place, Spirit realm, and some are called into the Inner Place....seeing and hearing.
( First feast, second feast, and third feast) But, that sounds very Elite to me. And not really fair..I know fair is a bad word....it would make people prideful I should think.
I just don't know why my brother can't see or hear it...and it's obvious that many people can't!!
My brother is quite happy in the Outer Court as it were...leading people to the Lord and not thinking of anything else.

Haha! Maybe you have an answer...no sweat if you don't, because I don't!! :D

Not sure I can answer that. But it is really hard for some to step out into easy believism, as someone said. It is much easier to do something in the flesh that can be seen as earning salvation. That is the easy belief. A person who has been taught a wrong gospel all their life will find it hard to step out of the religion box they are in. They are comfortable in their belief system and do not want to rely on God's promise of Salvation by faith + nothing.

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Not sure I can answer that. But it is really hard for some to step out into easy believism, as someone said. It is much easier to do something in the flesh that can be seen as earning salvation. That is the easy belief. A person who has been taught a wrong gospel all their life will find it hard to step out of the religion box they are in. They are comfortable in their belief system and do not want to rely on God's promise of Salvation by faith + nothing.
Faith + nothing !!!!

Could you please explain John 5:28-29?

Thanks.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
To anyone that thinks that what Jesus taught to the Jews who were under the Law of Moses is for those under the Gospel of grace given to Paul for us. If the shoe fits wear it.
That's VERY mature of you!

So there's a gospel for the Jews and a gospel for the gentiles?

Have you read:
Galatians 3:28
Romans 10:12
How would you reconcile these two verses with your belief?

Please post some scripture. I've never come across this.

Also, what IS the gospel of grace??

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
It's EASY to step out into Easy Believism. That's why it's called Easy Believism.
It's more difficult to do what Jesus demanded of us all who say we follow Him.

Do we just SAY we follow Him
OR
Do we actually FOLLOW Him?
John 3:36

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's EASY to step out into Easy Believism. That's why it's called Easy Believism.
It's more difficult to do what Jesus demanded of us all who say we follow Him.

Do we just SAY we follow Him
OR
Do we actually FOLLOW Him?
John 3:36

You say you will only follow Jesus' words. I posted two scriptures where Jesus said He only came to the lost sheep of Israel. You must have shut your eyes so you do not have to see what He said. HE SAID HE ONLY CAME TO THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL. DON'T YOU BELIEVE HIM?

Do you really think Jesus came to set up a new and improved religion? It was the religious that had Him murdered.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Have you read:

Have you read:

Why do you go to Paul when you don't believe him. You said you only follow Jesus.

Paul said the gospel he taught was HIDDEN IN GOD and revealed to him by revelation. There is a very big difference between law and grace.

Grace is that God so loved us that He sent His only son to shed His blood to atone for, pay for the sins of all mankind. It is His love for us that He did this. If you do not believe His blood shed on the cross has paid for all your sins of the flesh then you are left with only your works to pay for your sins and that takes away from the love that God poured out on the cross.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith + nothing !!!!

Could you please explain John 5:28-29?

Thanks.[/QU

This judgement is for those that refused God's gospel of grace. They are judged by the law. Haven't you read where if you break anyone of the laws you are a law breaker? If you wish to live by the law you must keep it. The law kills but grace is God's love that has paid the price for the sins of the world.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You say you will only follow Jesus' words. I posted two scriptures where Jesus said He only came to the lost sheep of Israel. You must have shut your eyes so you do not have to see what He said. HE SAID HE ONLY CAME TO THE LOST SHEEP OF ISRAEL. DON'T YOU BELIEVE HIM?

Do you really think Jesus came to set up a new and improved religion? It was the religious that had Him murdered.
I don't consider myself a religious person.
I consider myself a person of faith.

I didn't say I will only follow Jesus' words. Please don't misquote me. I said that IF I HAVE A DOUBT, I will Always listen to Jesus' words because they are very clear.

Jesus came to the lost sheep of Israel. So how did He end up saving ALL OF HUMANITY?
John 3:16
WHOEVER believeth in Him shall not perish.

Mathew chapter 22, The Marriage Feast.
The Master sent the slaves to invite EVERYONE to the feast.

John 10:16
Jesus said He had OTHER SHEEP which are not of this fold, and that He must bring the also.

John 12:32
When Jesus is lifted up, He will draw ALL men to Himself.

THE ABOVE ARE WORDS OF JESUS BEFORE PAUL WAS CONVERTED.

I posted Galatians 3:28
and Romans 10:12

That was Paul speaking.

Have you an answer for any of the above?

THERE IS ONE GOSPLE.
BOTH FOR THE JEW AND THE GENTILE.

The New Covenant is for EVERYONE.
The New Covenant does not abolish the Law.
Jesus has said this, not me.
Mathew 5:17

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus said we will be judged on our works...
John 5:28-29
You really miss the point. They are not "our" works. Jesus did not do "His works". Go read, still trying to find a way to pay for your salvation. If you see a man in need well provide, that is what love does, outside that is better be, the works I do are not my own, but from God".

Joh_9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You really miss the point. They are not "our" works. Jesus did not do "His works". Go read, still trying to find a way to pay for your salvation. If you see a man in need well provide, that is what love does, outside that is better be, the works I do are not my own, but from God".

Joh_9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
You're an interesting person.

JESUS said He will judge based on our woks
and YOU tell me it's His works, or whatever it is you said.
Your works are from God?
Fine. It IS God who gives you the strength to do our works.

This does not mean that you SHOULD NOT do them.

You posted John 9:4 which proves my point.
Jesus said that we are to do the WORKS of HIM who sent Him. (God Father).
For the night is coming when no one will be able to work.
We are to WORK while it is DAY and we are alive,
the night is when we DIE and will no longer be able to work.
Jesus is saying that we are to work!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't consider myself a religious person.
I consider myself a person of faith.

I didn't say I will only follow Jesus' words. Please don't misquote me. I said that IF I HAVE A DOUBT, I will Always listen to Jesus' words because they are very clear.

Jesus came to the lost sheep of Israel. So how did He end up saving ALL OF HUMANITY?
John 3:16
WHOEVER believeth in Him shall not perish.

Mathew chapter 22, The Marriage Feast.
The Master sent the slaves to invite EVERYONE to the feast.

John 10:16
Jesus said He had OTHER SHEEP which are not of this fold, and that He must bring the also.

John 12:32
When Jesus is lifted up, He will draw ALL men to Himself.

THE ABOVE ARE WORDS OF JESUS BEFORE PAUL WAS CONVERTED.

I posted Galatians 3:28
and Romans 10:12

That was Paul speaking.

Have you an answer for any of the above?

THERE IS ONE GOSPLE.
BOTH FOR THE JEW AND THE GENTILE.

The New Covenant is for EVERYONE.
The New Covenant does not abolish the Law.
Jesus has said this, not me.
Mathew 5:17[/QU

I have already posted where Jesus, Himself, said He only came to the lost sheep of Israel and I see that you don't believe Him. Paul said we are dead to the law but you won't believe him either. Nor will you believe anything I say.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
@H. Richard

well, HR
I'm happy to know someone who has the truth, the Whole truth and nothing but the truth.

So my verses are Worth nothing?
Not even a comment.

You tell me what is and I'm supposed to just accept it?
Interesting.

It don't work like that.

Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This does not mean that you SHOULD NOT do them.
If you want to go, no one here stopping you, but if you havnt being sent you shouldnt be going. As I said, if you see someone in need than provide thats what Love does.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
If you want to go, no one here stopping you, but if you havnt being sent you shouldnt be going. As I said, if you see someone in need than provide thats what Love does.
No idea what you're talking about.
Maybe if you had posted my whole statement??