What does this mean to you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't know but I think it takes two sentences to say the same thing, so it's not an abbreviated language, lol.
Communicating meaning via spelling is relatively simple....communicating meaning through idiom, through stories or parables is another matter. If we struggle with the earthly how ever will we understand the heavenly?

'If thou hast run with the footmen, and they have wearied thee, then how canst thou contend with horses.....'? Jeremiah 12:5

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
264973673_454867899484726_840658612617142257_n.jpg
@Pearl A vivid picture; reminds me of Amos 3.3: "Can two walk together, except they be agreed?"

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It looks like they are equally yoked. They are not pulling a load, therefore at rest. Once the wagon is loaded, the one resting will get up.
Unequally yoked would be two cows or horses pulling in different directions, not cooperating, not in harmony ... symbolically very much like my ex-wife and I!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambano and Pearl

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I agree, renewing are mind is an on-going process. And we should not always assume to be right.... but we can assume the Word of God to be right! And if we believe His word, just because it is His word, even if we don't see anything.... Jesus called that great faith! There are some things I am open to being corrected on; but there are others, like healing, that I will never be moved, because I am rooted in what the Word of God says on the subject!
@Faithbuilders Amos 3.3, about walking together in agreement is relevant...

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like they are equally yoked. They are not pulling a load, therefore at rest. Once the wagon is loaded, the one resting will get up.
Unequally yoked would be two cows or horses pulling in different directions, not cooperating, not in harmony ... symbolically very much like my ex-wife and I!
or even a horse and an ox or a cow.