What does this mean to you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
264973673_454867899484726_840658612617142257_n.jpg

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol. Actually that’s more appropriate in regards to many other denominations in Christianity.
I find atheists and agnostics to be easy, simple and pleasant.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The cow on the right is resting in Christ, while the cow on the left is trying to earn his salvation.
Good one Ferris! OR...could be that the cow who is sitting still does not want to follow the narrow path, doesn't want to continue the race. They are working against one another and the one is dragging the other down so, I say the one on the left is saved :) :D

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How are they going to make shipwreck? Are they going on a boat?

If so, they won't be getting on one fast, cuz the black one looks like he's a total land-lover.
The black one is saying to the tan one, "I said, My yoke is easy. Rest here with Me."

Much love!

Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The black one is saying to the tan one, "I said, My yoke is easy. Rest here with Me."

Much love!

He looks more like he's saying, "I'm on break. Tell that slave driver I'm Union, and we get 15 minute breaks every 2nd hour."

"And if we get anywhere near a boat, that's not in my contract. You're on your own."

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Most people think that scripture to mean not to yoke yourself with non-Christians; even tho that is true, it also means don't yoke yourself with anyone that does not believe the same as you.

For example, I believe that it is Gods will for all to be healed on the earth.... Now, it would not be wise for me to get involved with, or becoming a partner with some religious person who does not believe that.

It is talking about business partners, marriage partners, ministries that you are a partner with by sending money to...

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people think that scripture to mean not to yoke yourself with non-Christians; even tho that is true, it also means don't yoke yourself with anyone that does not believe the same as you.

For example, I believe that it is Gods will for all to be healed on the earth.... Now, it would not be wise for me to get involved with, or becoming a partner with some religious person who does not believe that.

It is talking about business partners, marriage partners, ministries that you are a partner with by sending money to...

Well, it could be applied that way, but you may be over-extending the teaching a little bit. The passage actually is about unbelievers:

14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it could be applied that way, but you may be over-extending the teaching a little bit. The passage actually is about unbelievers

@Faithbuilders. The reason I say that is this:

Take your example for instance. The teaching that God always desires everyone to be healed, and without exception, regardless of how they are living their lives, is a Faith teaching, and not one I believe is well supported by scripture itself (and I speak as one very familiar with Faith teaching, having been involved in it for several years). Were you to be married to a believing woman who just happened to disagree with you on this subject, she might end up leading you to an understanding of where it is somewhat in error, though a believer who is walking in obedience to the Lord should most certainly be standing on the word of God for his healing.

Get my point? We should not always assume we are right, and sometimes a believing spouse can show us how we are making an error in judgment, even if it might be ever so slightly.

Reactions: Cassandra

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I hear what you are saying, but I still stand by what I said. Depending on the importance of the belief.. Going back to the example of healing: being married to a spouse that does not believe in healing... now you have a child that has cancer.... the spouse the does not believe in healing, through her/his unbelieving could make shipwreck the faith of the believing spouse - and the child dies because of shipwrecked faith! Where as if both husband and wife believe in healing, and stand together in faith for the child to be healed - then healing would come because of faith-unity!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I hear what you are saying, but I still stand by what I said. Depending on the importance of the belief.. Going back to the example of healing: being married to a spouse that does not believe in healing... now you have a child that has cancer.... the spouse the does not believe in healing, through her/his unbelieving could make shipwreck the faith of the believing spouse - and the child dies because of shipwrecked faith! Where as if both husband and wife believe in healing, and stand together in faith for the child to be healed - then healing would come because of faith-unity!

I both agree and disagree with this.

Rather than highjack this thread into a discussion on Faith teaching, I created a new thread so we can discuss it. Feel free to post your scriptures that support what you believe about it, and I will get caught up with you a little while later on.

Thanks for bringing up the subject, btw. It has value, and I believe should be understood properly so as to apply our faith with wisdom, and receive answers to our prayers.
Should Christians Always Be Healed?

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Faithbuilders. We should not always assume we are right, and sometimes a believing spouse can show us how we are making an error in judgment, even if it might be ever so slightly.

I agree, renewing are mind is an on-going process. And we should not always assume to be right.... but we can assume the Word of God to be right! And if we believe His word, just because it is His word, even if we don't see anything.... Jesus called that great faith! There are some things I am open to being corrected on; but there are others, like healing, that I will never be moved, because I am rooted in what the Word of God says on the subject!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He looks more like he's saying, "I'm on break. Tell that slave driver I'm Union, and we get 15 minute breaks every 2nd hour."
You just inspired another meme!
The cow on the right thinks the Sabbath Day is today, the last day of the week.
The cow on the left thinks, no, it's tomorrow, the first day of the week.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How are they going to make shipwreck? Are they going on a boat?

If so, they won't be getting on one fast, cuz the black one looks like he's a total land-lover.
It took me a while to figure out what you're saying.
They're mixing metaphors in the meme, lol.