What exactly is pre-Tribulation, Tribulation and Rapture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Opinions seem to vary, but if it means the end of the world these words of Jesus make it clear that it'll be an uncomfortable time, and that Christians (the Elect) will be in it too-

"Wars, rumours of wars, false christs, earthquakes, famines, persecutions, darkened sun and moon, falling stars, shaken planets.
Pray that this will not take place in winter, because those will be days of distress unequalled from the beginning until now, and never to be equalled again.
If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive.
But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them.
Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come.
What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!" (Mark ch 13)

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some are looking forward to it ? They claim to be Christians but are not of Jesus Christ in fact.

I believe that they who look forward too such are not worthy of Christ Jesus at all. for they do not do the will of Christ Jesus at all.

Such a people look forward to such a Hellfire in their days. but claim to be taken out before their deeds have been sown. not true, they will endure such of their workings, as we reap what we sow in fact collectively.

Such people have no faith in Christ Jesus in fact, because they are devoid of him. They are looking for him, for they want the kingdom but they do not want Christ Jesus in it at all, but some bastard so called Jewish ends, like the Jews who rejected Jesus did and wanted a worldly Kingdom of this world.

Such people hate other people ! they want to kill others for their god god's ? for they are just like Jesus pointed out, Of their Father of Lies and was a Murder from the beginning.

I know such people. religious idiots. fact is that religion does not save, only Christ Jesus Saves ones Soul.

If one was truly born again, one would not be looking forward to such a Hellfire on the People at all.

I would be one who try's to keep people away from such a fait of Hellfire and come to Jesus and hope to be blessed by Jesus and be truly born again.
Now sure after the Hellfire all will be lay exposed ! the deceptions and delusions will be exposed for all to see ! and the only way is up ! because all will be set low barren.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Opinions seem to vary, but if it means the end of the world these words of Jesus make it clear that it'll be an uncomfortable time, and that Christians (the Elect) will be in it too-

"Wars, rumours of wars, false christs, earthquakes, famines, persecutions, darkened sun and moon, falling stars, shaken planets.
Pray that this will not take place in winter, because those will be days of distress unequalled from the beginning until now, and never to be equalled again.

The pre-trib resurrection is based on 1st and 2nd Thes. being a resurrection for only the saints before the great tribulation begins.

It's obvious that what Paul is saying there is not the Second Coming of Christ.

Pre-trib is based on several (4) resurrections taking place, in which the first is what we call the rapture, in 1st and 2nd Thes.

We say there must be a pre-trib resurrection based on Rev. 3:10,

"Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

In other words, the saved on this earth at the time the great tribulation is to begin, will be taken from the wrath that is coming on this earth. We believe this taking away (rapture) is found in 1st and 2nd Thes.

Another verse that backs this up is 1 Thes. 5:9

"For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,"

Paul says this in his explanation of the resurrection (rapture).

It is impossible for the child of God to face His wrath, in His eyes we are in Christ, perfect with no sin! The great tribulation is all about God's wrath on this earth. The child of God will not be here to face this wrath.

Reactions: Tommy Cool

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We are right now in the last of the last days, pre-tribulation. The tribulation is very near, and will be quite observable, a short time which will quickly advance this world to the point of extinction Mat 24:22. The Rapture will occur when Jesus returns 1 Thes 4:17 and those born again Christians that are still alive will be caught up in the clouds to meet Jesus in the air. Hope that helps Dropper.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The thing is . . . that wasn't what "chosen", referring to a people, meant at that time.

The chosen, and the nations, were the Jews, and the Gentiles. If you choose to read the Bible according to how they used the language at that time, that's what it is.

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are right now in the last of the last days, pre-tribulation.

I wish I had your conviction. I do feel we are near, evil more on the surface than ever in my life. What criteria makes it certain for you that we are currently in pre-trib?

The tribulation is very near, and will be quite observable, a short time which will quickly advance this world to the point of extinction Mat 24:22. The Rapture will occur when Jesus returns 1 Thes 4:17 and those born again Christians that are still alive will be caught up in the clouds to meet Jesus in the air. Hope that helps Dropper.

I believe this.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some are looking forward to it ? They claim to be Christians but are not of Jesus Christ in fact.

I am one of those who are looking forward to it. My wife and I are tired of living in a fallen world and would love to seen Jesus in our lifetime. Not sure why you say we cannot be of Christ?

I believe that they who look forward too such are not worthy of Christ Jesus at all. for they do not do the will of Christ Jesus at all.

We do not know the will of Christ at all? In your estimation, Scripture says nothing on this topic? :eek:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am one of those who are looking forward to it. My wife and I are tired of living in a fallen world and would love to seen Jesus in our lifetime. Not sure why you say we cannot be of Christ?

We do not know the will of Christ at all? In your estimation, Scripture says nothing on this topic? :eek:
Thank you dear Wangler for being honest.

The will of Christ Jesus is in the two Commandments Jesus gave us ! not to mention in this Christ builds us up in his Body. His Church, his People ! as we have everything in him in fact, by abiding in him and bingo the Kingdom of God !

I agree with you on that one is tired of the fallen world ! yes indeed. but I am not of it ! As I am of the Kingdom of God, because I am truly born again Saved and when I entered into the Kingdom of God, I was sent back into this world among the wolves, for I fear not for my Soul because such is saved, they can kill me but not my Soul as Christ Jesus owns that.

Now as to be truly Saved ? Jesus came to me personally it was much like Saul was somewhat and in that moment I knew who Jesus truly was 100% bingo the lights came on !
I had doubts before that somewhat, I had great faith in him, but I did not know him truly, but was due to this world being so full of delusions and deceptions, so when one is seeking you are lead off track by the workings of this world, one holds on the religion to get you through ? but that is not enough ! you need Christ Jesus totally as he is the way and the Light. and Now I have the faith that can move mountains ! what a blessing ! I do not rely on myself but on Christ Jesus to work in me. I am dead to this world. truly born again ! and it's wonderful ! not to be a slave to this world and bastardised by it.

Ok so abiding in him and Saved you are, regardless of the second coming ! why may you ask ? well one can not be born again of the Holy Spirit twice now can one ? No ! Once saved always Saved, such a one can not loose that, or one was not truly Saved before hand in fact ! yes ?
So what are we going to get at the second coming ? we have it already ! but the poor bastards who survive the Hellfire, they will have no option ! for their eyes will be opened ? the Deceptions and delusions of this world will be exposed for all to see ! such will have no power, why ? because it will all be burnt up in fact. all will be on the bones of you arse you will have nothing to tempt you at all for such is all gone, such will be like a desert !
But in Christ they will survive and grow forth in Christ Jesus !

So we have the people who believe that they are going to be raptured out ? before hand ! so they will not have to feel such as that pain etc ?
God is not going to rapture anyone out, for the facts are we will reap what we sow ? It's we who as a whole collectively who will set the ball rolling due to disregarding Christ Jesus and will reap what we have sown !
Now I call all to repentance and not to lead one to sow such Anti-Christ seeds. for such will lead to the Hellfire.

One has to remember that others do the will of the Anti-Christ, Jesus pointed such out for they are of their Father of lies and was a murderer from the beginning. His works are of this world ! This world is not going to exist, it will be burnt up ! by them ! their carnal works ! such does not cut it !

They who are of Anti-Christ always want to drag one down and into the depths of their depravity, they will never lift one up and out of the depravity for they fear for their depraved ego !

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What days have already been "shortened" that every person of God should already know about?

...That's what He shorted.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Opinions seem to vary, but if it means the end of the world...
Not "the end of the world" but "the end of the age", culminating in the Second Coming of Christ. BIG DIFFERENCE. So here is what is revealed in Scripture:
1. The falling away of Christendom
2. The Rapture
3. The reign of the Antichrist and the Tribulation
4. The Abomination of Desolation and the Great Tribulation
5. Cataclysmic cosmic events
6. The Second Coming of Christ

There will be many events between the Second Coming and the establishment of the New Heavens and the New Earth.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish I had your conviction. I do feel we are near, evil more on the surface than ever in my life. What criteria makes it certain for you that we are currently in pre-trib?

I believe this.

Let me illustrate it this way Wrangler, you are posting on some kind of media device, perhaps a computer. Many people protect their computer for various reasons with a password, some to the length of being a strong password, so it can be secure. Jesus gave signs of the last days that would not exceed a generations life span in Mat 24. Now if one or two signs were fulfilled you might question it, but with so many signs he gave, and other places in the Bible as well, like that password we can know for sure he is near at the doors sir.

A prophecy in Daniel had us believing that the Messiah's presence would begin in 1914, so much so that we put it in print in 1879, now to those of the time it might have been simply a guess, but what happened? Jesus told his apostles that there were going to be wars and rumors of wars, but that would take place as it always had, but then he contrasted it with the first sign, Nation would rise against Nation, and Kingdom against Kingdom. So it is understood to them he was speaking about a war that would dwarf all previous wars, something so outstanding that even unbelievers would recognize it as something extraordinary, what happened in 1914? Yes sir the war that was dubbed the war to end all wars happened, WW#1. Shortly thereafter the great pestilence took millions of lives, earthquakes, famines, preaching of the good news in all the inhabited earth, the increasing of knowledge, etc. Take a gander at 2 Timothy 3 verses 1-5, it is like reading a newspaper. True these things have happened periodically throughout history, but not like that password, all happening at once in a short time.

Most faiths believe we are deep into the last days of this world, and we are no exception Wrangler. I can give you more info if you desire sir.

Reactions: Wrangler

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well elect does not always mean Christians. context determinies meaning. And in this case the elect are the remanat of Israel destined to be saved.

but as for the definitions. Tribulation is simply the 7 year period that starts with the antichrist confirming a 7 year covenant. It is the 70 th week of Daniels prophecy.

Rapture is the great snatching away off of earth of the church. It is from the word harpazo which means to grab by force or strength. Teh rapure is when Jesus pulls th echurch off the earth.

Pre tribulation simpy means that the bible declares that the church will be pulled off teh earth before the tribulation starts. That is found also in thess. We are not destined for wrath. when wrath is not modifed to mean other- it simpl;y refers to teh time of wrath known as the tribulation.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm still trying to visualise what the End will be like, so let me speculate that it'll be like this-

We wake up one morning and see that the news is full of violent things happening all around the world on an unprecedented scale because the negative vibes churned out by nonchristians have finally built up so much that they trigger the disasters-
"The floodgates of the heavens are opened,
the foundations of the earth shake...
the earth is violently shaken...
so heavy upon it is the guilt of its rebellion" (Isaiah ch 25)

Jesus in Mark ch 13 confirms the bad times ahead-
Pray that this will not take place in winter, because those will be days of distress unequalled from the beginning until now, and never to be equalled again.."

He also goes on to say it'll last for at least some days-
"If the Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive.."

And tells us that even Christians (the Elect) will be in it too-
"But for the sake of the elect, whom he has chosen, he has shortened them."

But then he returns and whisks all Christians off to heaven-
"At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory.
And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens"

Including-
"All in the graves shall come out, to resurrection or damnation" (John 5:28-29)

Is that a fair appraisal of how it'll be?

scifi-city8.jpg

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, please. And when you say ‘we’ published expectations of Jesus return in 1914, who is that, your denomination?

Yes sir. I am one of Jehovah's witnesses, and we published in the Watchtower magazine that the end of the appointed times of the nations, Jesus' receiving the crown of Kingship would happen in 1914, in 1879. The outbreak of WW#1 did it for me.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What exactly is pre-Tribulation, Tribulation and Rapture?
Before you go to the dentist, at the dentist, after the dentist.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tribulation: an unknown length of time just before Jesus returns which includes the 7 Last Plagues.

Pretribulation: the time before the aforementioned tribulation.

Rapture: the ascension of the translated dead and living saints which takes place simultaneously with the Second Coming when Jesus comes down from heaven and meets us in the clouds.

I got tons of verses to proves the above, if interested.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Tribulation: an unknown length of time just before Jesus returns which includes the 7 Last Plagues.

Pretribulation: the time before the aforementioned tribulation.

Rapture: the ascension of the translated dead and living saints which takes place simultaneously with the Second Coming when Jesus comes down from heaven and meets us in the clouds.

I got tons of verses to proves the above, if interested.

I'm trying to visualise how it'll look to somebody living in those times.
For example how will we know when Pre-Trib is beginning? What will we see when we look out the window??
And when the Trib begins will it be much worse than the pre-Trib?
How long will it last before Jesus arrives?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The dead do not partake in the rapture. They don't need to. The rapture is only for the living survivors of the great trib.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The dead do not partake in the rapture. They don't need to. The rapture is only for the living survivors of the great trib.
Sure, the dead have to take part in the Rapture, because it's then they rise with the living saints, translated, to meet Jesus in the clouds. The rapture and the Second Coming are simultaneous, according to 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 KJV, right?

The Lord descends in power, glory, with a shout that will wake the dead and a trumpet that will shake to their foundations the mountains - and the dead in Christ rise with the living saints to be with Jesus forevermore, right or wrong?