What If Real Religious Persecution Came To The U.S.?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scenario:

A massive, catastrophic disaster brought about by natural causes has struck the earth. Hundreds of millions have been killed or severely injured and every part of the world has been impacted to no small degree. The powers that be are now united, as will often happen under these circumstances, and have reached the consensus that we have angered God to an amount we never thought possible, and that some gesture of repentance must be made to Him. Since it has been suggested before by the religious figures of the west so many times and is practical enough to be feasible a national Sunday law is urged and passed, but the disaster and suffering continue, so the rest of the world decides to follow the lead of the U.S. and now the observance of Sunday as a day of rest and worship is world-wide. This "revival" produces very little real reformation. Hearts are not truly changed. It is very quickly apparent that some religious minorities will not cooperate with the new laws and continue to keep a different day of rest and worship. Some people have reported miracles in response to the new laws and a few have even been caught on camera. Yet the minorities remain stubborn in their positions. A call goes out to prescribe severe penalties against the offenders who refuse to violate their consciences, while the dead and dying steadily increase.

Upon what side of the issue would you find yourself?

Sorry, Barny, but this is just weird. I don't really see any point in dealing with hypothetical cases, esp. when we have our hands full with what's actually going on right now--reality.

I believe that your scenario would not be a true revival, which involves a change in people's hearts. And when God's judgment is poured out on this earth, as described in Revelation, people will be shaking there fists at God....

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Religious freedom is one of the major tenets of the Constitution of the United States.
It has ALREADY been undermined by the Supreme Court. Check it out. Liberal federal judges and Demoratic governors and mayors have targeted Christians and Christian churches for quite some time. So in fact there is already religious persecution in the USA.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Scenario:

A massive, catastrophic disaster brought about by natural causes has struck the earth. Hundreds of millions have been killed or severely injured and every part of the world has been impacted to no small degree. The powers that be are now united, as will often happen under these circumstances, and have reached the consensus that we have angered God to an amount we never thought possible, and that some gesture of repentance must be made to Him. Since it has been suggested before by the religious figures of the west so many times and is practical enough to be feasible a national Sunday law is urged and passed, but the disaster and suffering continue, so the rest of the world decides to follow the lead of the U.S. and now the observance of Sunday as a day of rest and worship is world-wide. This "revival" produces very little real reformation. Hearts are not truly changed. It is very quickly apparent that some religious minorities will not cooperate with the new laws and continue to keep a different day of rest and worship. Some people have reported miracles in response to the new laws and a few have even been caught on camera. Yet the minorities remain stubborn in their positions. A call goes out to prescribe severe penalties against the offenders who refuse to violate their consciences, while the dead and dying steadily increase.

"And by the seventh day God had finished the work He had been doing; so on the seventh day, He rested from all His work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy because on it He rested from all the work of creating that He had done. Genesis 2:2,3. NIV
I believe that today the sabbath can be a blessing and an act of worship to our God. The apostle Paul said, "One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. Romans 14:5 NIV If I live, I live for Christ, if I die, my gain. Shalom

Reactions: marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were very strict blue laws in Oklahoma when I was stationed there in the Air Force in 1983. However, I am contemplating a possible end-time scenario with totally different circumstances. State and local blue laws in the U.S. are as old as the constitution itself, I believe. :)
While I was born in Oklahoma, I effectively grew up in California and lived no where else as civilian until 1985 when I moved to Wyoming. I did not notice blue laws in Oklahoma when I arrived here in 1987, but then I was no longer frequenting bars regularly either. I was (and still am, LOL] very naive with regard to much of what worldly people were doing.

I expect to see new "blue" type laws increase these days and soon, but as already indicated, seemingly pointed in the opposite direction from those older ones of our experience. Because so many people are still religious, the secular powers that be, or that want to be, will likely take advantage of where people already are to get them to where those powers want them. Already the accepted definition, of what a Christian is, for most people has changed. Saying a person is a 'Christian' very often now does not mean the person is like the Messiah that walked as man on planet Earth, 2000 years ago. The established changes in definitions for church goers will probably be used to legally impose restrictions on those who really are striving to be like Jesus was. Is this what you @BarnyFife mean?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scenario:

Raptured. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Real unity of the Spirit is in the blood of Jesus.

Even in a physical body, everything is connected and unified by the blood.

We are one bread and one body (I am not talking about the Catholic Church).

In the end, there will be a unified Christianity and there will also be a unified one-world religion that rejects the Cross of Jesus Christ.
"And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do." Gen 11:6

Reactions: BarneyFife

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scenario:

That will never happen. And I expect "blue" laws will also be a thing of the past when the Antichrist is revealed. It is not the Sabbath that will have people up in arms, but Jesus, Himself, which would include Sunday!

I doubt that ANY Christian will be accepted. Look at Hollywood and their mind-altering agendas. There isn't a commercial or new show that doesn't have a gay couple in it. And Christians are usually depicted as vile, unaccepting people. It is not just one denomination that will be targeted, or just you and Jews. Most of Hollywood are Jews. Right will be called wrong, and wrong right, so anyone coming against the sins of homosexuals and women's right to abortions will be targeted.

You and I will be hunted together, not separately, my friend.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scenario:

Let no man follow miracles alone . For even in deuteronomy the thirteenth chapter
GOD says HE allows for even false ones to get prophesies and dreams right , BUT HE Does so to test who truly love HIM .
That , and also watch out , for its the false prophet , and prophets , that can seduce and decieve by signs and wonders .
The thing is if one comes and performs miracles , yet his words and actions DO NOT line up according
to JESUS , HIS WORDS , the apostels and their words , that one is a charlaton .
GOD allows it . He does so to test the true saints , to see whether they LOVE HIM .
Yes , its bible time . not ellen time , not russell and jehovah time , not baptist or nar , or emergent , or catholic
or any other . ITS BIBLE TIME . LEARN that JESUS , LEARN those words well .
For many decievers abound and have come and will come , to seduce .
And in these days , to count them is impossible . For they are as the sands of the seashore . innumerable to count .
And they have infected every denomination known to man . Its rare to find one who stands on JESUS , that BIBLE and wont budge .
Let us return to bibles and flee them ellens and others .

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But i refuse to accept all other religoins as being OF GOD , and i refuse to accept sin , peroid .
WE have a duty to warn folks in error . WE have a duty to point TO JESUS as the ONLY MEANS of salvation .

Hello amigo,

I agree. Thought you might be interested in Catholic teaching on this:

Dominus Iesus

Edit to add this quote from it:

In fact, it must be firmly believed that, in the mystery of Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God, who is “the way, the truth, and the life” (Jn 14:6), the full revelation of divine truth is given: “No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him” (Mt 11:27); “No one has ever seen God; God the only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, has revealed him” (Jn 1:18); “For in Christ the whole fullness of divinity dwells in bodily form” (Col 2:9-10).

Peace!

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets look at this title for a second . it says WHAT IF persecution comes .
What IF . FOLKS its already here . ask the cake baker
ask those who stood for GOD and got cast out . THEY will tell you its here .
The thing is the church is too busying so called loving folks to GOD to recieve persecution .
I mean if we accept sins and wont warn anyone in a sin and just act like all is well . OF COURSE we wont be persecuted .
BUT make a stand for truth . make a stand because you really desire none to perish , AND watch what happens .
I been screamed at , yelled at , never hit ........yet , for simply trying to help folks .
While that is a mild persecution , it is a form of it .
Most folks will glady let gays sit in their churches , UNREPENTANT gays . notice i said UNREPENTANT
and wont even say a word to them about their behavoir . BUT they think that is love .
HOW much you bet paul would not have allowed it , or peter , or james , or john .
AND while we at it .
How would you all treat me , if you all invited me to dinner .
AND yet i rebuked you all for a sin i saw .
Before you say anything . EXAMINE how JESUS was , EVERY TIME one invited him to a meal . IF HE SAW ERROR he rebuked it .
THESE demons like rick warren and tons of others have decieved so many of you all .
INTO thinking its love to just sit quiet and try and get along . BUT DID JESUS DO THAT . NOPE .
DID PAUL . NOPE . they always corrected error . I aint the one duped . many are duped . But by grace its not me .
AND beleive me , i say BY GRACE . FOR were it not for the grace of GOD , i would be duped , lost and without hope .

Reactions: shortangel

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello amigo,

Dominus Iesus

Peace!
Even some catholics fled second vatican .
But check this pope out . He goes even beyond any other pope i know .
HE is the one that is most dangerous of all popes . OH I KNOW , he is probably the nicest , most smiley pope ever .
BUT beleive me , he is the most deceptive one too .
Thanks for at least reaching out . But then no thanks . I wont follow rome . EVEN though a broke clock is right at least twice a day .
OH i know the catholic church has some truths . So do even the mormons , so do even buddist , so do even athiest
so do even ................see the point yet . ANYONE can have some truths , but do they KNOW THE TRUTH . that is the question .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is everyone ready to hear a broken record that just skips and says the same thing .
GOOD . because every site i go to i always say , OPEN BIBLES , read for yourselves .
And yet , out of all the sites i have been too , well i better not give the number that heeded it .
LETS just say many did not . And we will leave it at that . YET , i am not pointing TO ME .
I am saying OPEN BIBLES and read them for yourselves . Point to JESUS . LEARN HIM .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello amigo,

Dominus Iesus

Peace!
ps . tell that to pope francis . he aint following it . But he was not the only pope to encourage this false inclusion either .
HE is just the worst . Man his twenty sixteen prayer sure was a bold one . I encourage all to look at it .
You can find it on the catholic website . Oh yes , i get my info right from the horses mouth . And man its bad news my friends .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES it would . This pope and this world and most all false christains are now uniting under an all inclusive banner .
They wont be persecuting over days . Not at all . THEY will , however , be persecuting the true christians
who wont accept homosexuality or who wont go with this all inclusive flow of accepting muslims , buddists and athiests
as also being in the family and saved . THAT is where men like me are about to be hammered .
I REJOICE IN IT . I REJOICE in whatever comes against me , IF it be for JESUS sake .
PRAISE THE GLORIOUS KING . AS i shun the all inclusive unity lie to hell .
Does that make me sound like a hater . I bet it does to most , even most here .
But i refuse to accept all other religoins as being OF GOD , and i refuse to accept sin , peroid .
WE have a duty to warn folks in error . WE have a duty to point TO JESUS as the ONLY MEANS of salvation .
I aint here for this wicked francis , nor his men in the protestant realm who do his unity work . OH i pray they repent .
Cause i desire none of them in hell . BUT i refuse ten trillion fold to conform to this big UNITY MOVE . ITS all a sham .
WE being decieved under a false love and a false unity . I Will be and have no part of that , no matter the cost .
BUT i wll pray for those who will persecute me , may they be forgiven . SO
do i sound like a hater to you . Be honest . I will not get offended . I hear it all the time anway . Even been called anti christ
and son of perdtion . SO , you feel free to be honest .

No, not at all a hater but a Lover of the ways of God, Amen!
Over 30 years back, we had an awesome bible study teacher...loved that man! He is now with the Lord, died fairly young.
He warned us of what we are seeing now and has been in the works for probably centuries(if we know how clever Satan is)
He taught on how dangerous "Ecumenism" is, and that some day, many riots will happen around us and it will be part of what brings in Marshall law.
We serve the ONE and ONLY Living God...Muslims, Buddhists and so on do NOT worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

"But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,"
1 Tim 4:1

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,"
2 Timothy 4:3

Hey, we could always attend a "church" that cherry picks and allows active sin...but then...why bother?!! Why are not all people interested in TRUTH?
You are correct in all you said above, IMO. :)

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ps . tell that to pope francis . he aint following it . But he was not the only pope to encourage this false inclusion either .

Pope Francis is bound by that magesterial document..
If he teaches any of the things that document identifies as error, then he automatically excomunicates himself and is no longer Pope..

Peace!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello amigo,

Dominus Iesus

In fact, it must be firmly believed that, in the mystery of Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Son of God, who is “the way, the truth, and the life” (Jn 14:6), the full revelation of divine truth is given: “No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him” (Mt 11:27); “No one has ever seen God; God the only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, has revealed him” (Jn 1:18); “For in Christ the whole fullness of divinity dwells in bodily form” (Col 2:9-10).

Peace!
Be encouraged . i was not attacking . I am simply trying to help . Me as much as anyone else needs to dig only more and cling
only more unto Christ . But we BETTER know the Christ we are following is truly the biblical one .

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello amigo,

Dominus Iesus

Peace!
With all due respect, Phillip, most of what you quoted there is scripture. It's best to stick with scripture, meaning the Bible.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not at all a hater but a Lover of the ways of God, Amen!
Over 30 years back, we had an awesome bible study teacher...loved that man! He is now with the Lord, died fairly young.
He warned us of what we are seeing now and has been in the works for probably centuries(if we know how clever Satan is)
He taught on how dangerous "Ecumenism" is, and that some day, many riots will happen around us and it will be part of what brings in Marshall law.
We serve the ONE and ONLY Living God...Muslims, Buddhists and so on do NOT worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

"But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,"
1 Tim 4:1

"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,"
2 Timothy 4:3

Hey, we could always attend a "church" that cherry picks and allows active sin...but then...why bother?!! Why are not all people interested in TRUTH?
You are correct in all you said above, IMO. :)
Let us keep feasting on our bibles . You are loved my dear sister .
Ecumenism is most dangerous . That man WAS RIGHT .
He probably saw where it was headed too . and now we seeing it . Just wait till we see where it finally arrives .
Let me just remind us of what JESUS said .
WHEN JESUS warned about being on gaurd , who did he warn against . WOLVES , but not just wolves
WOLVES IN SHEEPS CLOTHING . And we got many of them within christendom Right now .
They can appear as men of righteousness , but believe me they are not .
This is leading to exactly what JESUS said . We are gonna witness the faiths unite with rome and the religoins unite with rome .
We are gonna see a religous mindset , which seems to fit every mold of society . even atheists will embrace it .
Because it will be and is now being sold under the word ....................get ready nancy , LOVE .
OH YES . UNDER the word love . only its a love that aint compatible with CHRIST , AINT compatible with truth
AINT compatible with the pattern JESUS nor those apostels set . SEE , its a wordly kind of love a sensual one .
OH they can holler GOD IS LOVE , but upon examining what they call love and how they teach and act , WE can see
its not the LOVE that comes FROM GOD . WE had better all be on guard . me , you , and all . cause this is one slippery slope .
From her beginning the whore has always been an adulteress against GOD . But she is very wise in the ways of the world .
From the days her church opened its doors , it always included and pandered to pagan ways . watch out . SHE HAS GROWN
in both power and size and has infected the world with her ways . ALL for world peace and safety .
You notice this is centered on unity for world peace and safety .
ARe those words familiar . FOR WHEN THEY SHALL SAY PEACE and SAFETY , then SUDDEN destruction............
WE are very near the end . march on sister . times will only get worse . OH BUT OUR HOPE IS IN JESUS .
So we shall praise HIM no matter what comes against us . SING TO THE KING SISTER . SING TO THE KING .

Reactions: Nancy

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
With all due respect, Phillip, most of what you quoted there is scripture. It's best to stick with scripture, meaning the Bible.

Hi PW,

I was pointing out that this is a magesterial document binding on the Faithful. (Note most magesterial documents contain many scripture references)
Thus the idea that the Catholic Church will submit to some world syncretic religeous system and abandon Christ is preposterous.

Peace!