What Is A Genuine Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Monday 9-26-22 2nd. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Elul 29 5782 5th. Fall Day

Jesus Stated the truth in oft-quoted words which millions have seldom stopped to consider. When he was praying and fasting in the wilderness of Judea, and was tempted to violate the spirit of God's law. he rebuked the tempter with a quote from the old Testament: It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

Matthew Four:4

A true Christian is one who predicates his or her whole life on the word of God. Their every move, their every action, their every belief is based on the infallible and divine word of God Almighty! And since Scripture is the revealed word of God, that means their whole life is lived on the promise that the Bible contains divine authority over their life.

The Apostle Paul expressed the Christian view of the Bible when he wrote: All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

2 Timothy Three:16 RSV

The Bible is the Magna Carta, the Constitution, the supreme Bill of Rights, of the devout, God-fearing, Genuine Christian. It is their personal charter, their map, their blueprint for entrance into the Kingdom of God. It is the Covenant between them and God, with Christ being the Mediator and facilitator of the covenant. Without it, they are totally lost and devoid of direction, just as a hunter without a compass who has strayed into unfamiliar terrain.

But what does the Bible state is the supreme hallmark of a genuine Christian? but Obedience to God.

Love, Walter and Debbie

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl and Nancy

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not at all sure I entirely agree. Jesus left us with two commandments: Love God! and Love each other! So far as I am concerned, anyone who strives to keep these is a 'genuine' Christian.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Following the Lord is like
following a guide with a lamp,
over rough ground, in a mist, at night.
As long as we keep the light in sight,
and trust our guide,
we may stumble occasionally,
but we will never get lost
nor be in any real danger.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Following the Lord is like
following a guide with a lamp,
over rough ground, in a mist, at night.
As long as we keep the light in sight,
and trust our guide,
we may stumble occasionally,
but we will never get lost
nor be in any real danger.
Hello Pearl, good morning! and thank you.

Love, Walter

Reactions: Pearl

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So, thanks for that, Walter.

Let me enquire of you, do you believe Genesis? I only raise the matter, because my position prevents me agreeing wholly with your OP.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, thanks for that, Walter.

Let me enquire of you, do you believe Genesis? I only raise the matter, because my position prevents me agreeing wholly with your OP.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Hello 2ndRateMind, Yes I do, Also believe that in John 14:1, Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Starts my Christian life.

Read full chapter